Code of Conduct

Default SOTD: Sunday 23rd September 2012

Morning my lovelies,

I'm in a quite strange mood today, feeling quite dark. I think it's because I'm on holiday as of Wednesday and the thought of working until then is making me depressed. Anyway, my scent matches my dark mood I think - Acqua di Parma Oud
    Last edited by fragranceman88; 23rd September 2012 at 08:41 AM.

Default Re: SOTD: Sunday 23rd September 2012

L'Eau Du Gouverneur

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Good Morning,

En Avion
    Have a lovely Sunday, all.

Good morning!

SOTD is Bombay Bling from a sample vial, as I head to East London to see Wah! Wah" Girls! - a Bollywood style musical. A friend of mine's former student is performing this afternoon.

Enjoy your Sunday, everyone.
    Do happy

Good morning!

Caron Coup de Fouet

Enjoy your Sunday!

Basenotes Plus

Good morning all !. SotD is Serge Lutens Gris Clair.

Thumbs up Re: SOTD: Sunday 23rd September 2012

samples

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Good morning to you all!

I am wearing an old favourite of mine - Bulgari Omnia.
    This is my "go to," easy, Sunday morning scent, when I have
    nothing more pressing to do than saunter down to buy a paper and
    pay the window cleaner later.

May your day be carefree and enjoyable!
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Gentle, suave Equistrius for a grey and lazy Sunday morning.
    Hav a nice day, all of you.
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Good afternoon

Vetiver 46 this SotD

for swap/sale:

My SOTD is Serge Lutens Daim Blond

OH MY! Just found out that A LAB ON FIRE is available in Poland, starting today!
    Last edited by lucasai; 23rd September 2012 at 01:10 PM.

Scent of the Day - Millesime Imperial
    Scent of the Evening - Tobacco Vanille

Hello everyone. Cuir Ottoman today.

Quote Originally Posted by devilcat View Post
    Hello everyone. Cuir Ottoman today.
    You smell great. Cuir Ottoman is such a fine fragrance.

N°5
    What I've Been Wearing:

Basenotes Plus

SOTD is Creed Angelique Encens, have a lovely Sunday, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Hello all. A sample of JHAG Not A Perfume.
    DONNA

Tabac Blond/Onda

Have a lovely day.

It won't be long now fragranceman. Blow me a kiss on way past please!

Quote Originally Posted by L'enfer View Post

N°5
    Two of my crushes : No.5 and Audrey Tautou

from a sample

Gorilla Perfumes/Lush ~ Dirty

Vetyver by Carlo Corinto

Basenotes Plus

Hi everyone!

Jon, thank you for the Lavender Fields video, so beautiful!

SotD is Heely Cuir Pleine Fleur with notes of violet, mimosa,
    birch, soft leather and vetiver.

Have a great day!
    Last edited by Kiliwia; 23rd September 2012 at 03:33 PM.

Good morning everyone -

I'm in my fabulous Babe!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Fragranceman88, I hope you feel better soon.

I'm wearing YSL Parisienne this cool sunny morning.

Love to everyone.

Thanks Lucas! Cuir Ottoman needs a bit of patience I think. I can understand how the initial leather blast can put some people off. The leather has softened now, and the florals are coming through. It's so lovely and smooth. Definitely one of my favourites.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Fittingly, after several days of near-constant drizzle, it's Mario Valentino Ocean Rain for Men this bright sunny morning
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

bleu autumn haze

I'm wearing Ambre Russe today. I'm getting ready to watch football ... my Chiefs have a tough game today.

hugs to all ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    I'm in my fabulous Babe!
    Named after it's wearer, perhaps ?

SotE - Creed Acier Aluminium.

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    Named after it's wearer, perhaps ?
    Babe Ruth ? Ooo, that Babe. Definitely !

Jicky parfum tonight.

Best to all.

Evening all. Been in Dolce & Gabbana Pour Femme from a sample of the new purple top release. I like this better than the original scarlet top, quieter less screechy opening and a more refined dry down. I look forward to sampling this again

Blog Entries

Hi all,

I tried posting and nothing happened. Here goes again!

I'm wearing Côté Bastide Lilas, which is a lilac with a spicy carnaton note, and having a busy day in the kitchen.
    I'm baking a loaf of bread plus rolls, marinating portobello mudshrooms (to eat with the rolls), making stuffed peppers, preparing 3 bunches of basil for the freezer (I put the coarsely chopped leaves in freezer boxes and and cover them entirely with olive oil, then freeze, and use as needed throughout the year), and with a last gasp I'll be making a large container of bean salad, which my family loves.

(hmmm, "A beginning without end"... sounds ominous, a bit "groundhog day"ish...)

But, it smells lovely! Hope you all have a happy Sunday...

Serge Lutens Bornéo 1834.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Annick Goutal Ce Soir Ou Jamais. Still with roses. Me and 30R. -- we both like them, done differently and with different accents.

30R.: have napkins, will travel.

I see many are wearing fall/winter heavier perfumes. It is still very warm in Southern California. I can't wait to wear other things.

Today I will probably wear something like Verveine by Heeley.
    Evenstar

Blog Entries

((Twolf)) I'd love to have a picnic with you!

Babe is fabulous, Evangeline! I loved it so much as a teen, really miss that one. You smell sooo good!

I do too, in Sous le Vent. Perfume perfection!

I have happy news today gang- I've received a lovely postcard from our dear Warum, who is in Alaska for Mr. W's work. Alaska seems to suit her very well and the happy couple even renewed their wedding vows on Mt. Alyesha on their 10th anniversary! She is also now an official member of the "I heart Mitsouko" club, sounds like it wears beautifully in Alaska's fall weather. I miss you, O.- hurry home safely so I can send you a letter!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Lilac+spicy carnation? I need to check that one out. Best place to get a sample? Or is it even available anywhere?
    "Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it." -Mark Twain

Serge Lutens Une Voix Noire from the wax sample.

I sort of like it, but I don't absolutely love it. Then again, many of my favourite Lutens scents are the ones which grew on me gradually, as against being love at first sniff types (with the exception of Sarrasins and Fleurs de Oranger).

I get a strange mushroom-esque note, though, which is a tad odd, but I need to give it a couple of more wearings before I come to a decision.

Sampling Ma Griffe..too sour.. a scrubber.
    "Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it." -Mark Twain

PerfumedLady, it's nice to hear that Warum is doing well!!

Yes indeed - the fabulous babe Evangeline is smelling great.

I have topped up this afternoon with vintage Chantilly. I have been wearing Chantilly for months now. Sometimes I think it must be horrible stuff, but I am addicted to it for some reason and I can't help having a spritz in the late afternoon, or later in the evening. Any formulation will do, even Dana, but a vintage formulation "made in France" is the best. It smells fantastic over Parisienne's remnant, resurrecting and exalting it, I kid you not.

Been in bed all day hungover as fook - doused in Annick Goutal's Un Matin D'Orage to feel clean, fresh and meditative - despite it's chemical overload, it's helping a lot

Blog Entries

Serge Lutens-Bois Oriental
    Boozy and as dense as the deep forest; cedarwood blossom and Moroccan spices.
    Last edited by kumquat; 23rd September 2012 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by forfreddie View Post
    Been in bed all day hungover as fook...
    Good Lord, I remember those days. That would be the death of me now. I hope you're feeling better now, maybe well enough to go out for a hair of the dog that bit you.

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    Good Lord, I remember those days. That would be the death of me now. I hope you're feeling better now, maybe well enough to go out for a hair of the dog that bit you.
    Haha! I know it's killer - I can't handle it now :') and the money! Oh the money spent... that could have been my Turtle Vetiver Front and more D: Gutted... oh well
    Thanks lilybelle!

Quote Originally Posted by forfreddie View Post
    Haha! I know it's killer - I can't handle it now :') and the money! Oh the money spent... that could have been my Turtle Vetiver Front and more D: Gutted... oh well
    Thanks lilybelle!
    I'm sure you don't really have any regrets. Or you won't as soon as the hangover is gone.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    Lilac+spicy carnation? I need to check that one out. Best place to get a sample? Or is it even available anywhere?
    It's discontinued. I don't see any on the Web, but you could always do a saved search on eBay.

The shop in Avon, CT where I bought mine only has the room sprays left, and can't get more Côté Bastide products in as her supplier stopped carrying it.

Hey everyone -

After a very lazy day spent house-sitting for my parents (which actually means "watering the plants then hanging out by the pool" ) I'm back home now, all showered and fresh and ready for my lazy evening in lots of Dior Addict.

((Jon)), ((gandhajala)), ((PerfumedLady)) and ((lilybelle)) - Lols and hugs!! Gosh, y'all flatter me no end by noticing this ol' Babe in my ol' Babe, hee! I really do love it, and I'm not at all ashamed to admit it ...especially when it gets such wonderful compliments! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by arwen_elf View Post
    I see many are wearing fall/winter heavier perfumes. It is still very warm in Southern California. I can't wait to wear other things.
    It's still very much summer here too arwen, but I've definitely been pushing the change of seasons with some of my fragrance choices ...my current one, for instance. Seems I'm ready for cool weather perfumes, although I'm never quite ready for cool weather!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    Hey everyone -

After a very lazy day spent house-sitting for my parents (which actually means "watering the plants then hanging out by the pool" ) I'm back home now, all showered and fresh and ready for my lazy evening in lots of Dior Addict.

((Jon)), ((gandhajala)), ((PerfumedLady)) and ((lilybelle)) - Lols and hugs!! Gosh, y'all flatter me no end by noticing this ol' Babe in my ol' Babe, hee! I really do love it, and I'm not at all ashamed to admit it ...especially when it gets such wonderful compliments! Thanks!

It's still very much summer here too arwen, but I've definitely been pushing the change of seasons with some of my fragrance choices ...my current one, for instance. Seems I'm ready for cool weather perfumes, although I'm never quite ready for cool weather!
    You can tell the autumn approaches with all the yummy scents coming out...Evangeline, this image is wonderful for a Sunday evening.
    Did some sampling today at the Chanel Boutique of 28 La Pausa, No. 18 and Bois des Iles. 28 is a bit too green for me, Bois des Iles is beautiful, but it's no. 18 that I can't stop thinking about. Reminds me of herbs with a liqueur note ... really interesting.

Also stopped at Sephora and compared Miss Dior Le Parfum side by side (on a card, not skin) with Coco edp. They are definitely related, imo, with Miss Dior Le Parfum something I could see my college aged daughter enjoying. Me too!
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Basenotes Plus

In Garner James Cathedral in Flames for the evening.

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41 View Post
    ...Evangeline, this image is wonderful for a Sunday evening.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41 View Post
    Also stopped at Sephora and compared Miss Dior Le Parfum side by side (on a card, not skin) with Coco edp. They are definitely related, imo, with Miss Dior Le Parfum something I could see my college aged daughter enjoying. Me too!
    Well, after the whole Miss Dior Cherie disaster I wasn't very excited to try this latest thing they're calling Miss Dior, but now you've got my attention! Always interested in anything related to Coco, I think I'll have to sniff this out.

The weather is still warm in Texas as well. I'm going with the roses today. Love Ormonde Jayne's Ta'if!

Vintage Shalimar for me this evening.

Welcome, Jinete, Ta'if is a gorgeous fragrance, must be beautiful in the Texas warmth.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Wafting away in Yves Saint Laurent Kouros Fraîcheur tonight
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

queen of the universe

Eased into the coming workweek at my favorite restaurant, where vintage Myrurgia Maja complemented an evening of Brazilian food, drink, and jazz.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!