Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 31 to 44 of 44
  1. #31

    Default Re: Your Beauty Regime

    Pearl Drops! I had forgotten those. I used those a million years ago. Kewart, I like your beauty routine. It sounds doable. I mean doable for someone lazy like me who is trying to be more assiduous about it (I don't meant to imply that YOU are lazy, just that it seems like a regime that doesn't take a year and a day to do). I used to use Clarins a long time ago. I liked their products. I liked the scent of them especially. Maybe I will try them again. The only thing I didn't like was their tinted moisturizer - it was too yellow for my skin. In the meantime, my RoC serum is...ok...it doesn't seem to be as effective as it was in the beginning. Maybe I need more drastic measures. I am getting old, I must face it. Or face the laser.

  2. #32
    Super Member galwaygirl001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Galway
    Posts
    295

    Default Re: Your Beauty Regime

    I'm a liz earle range devotee - cleanse & polish hot cloth cleanser, instant boost skin tonic, skin repair moisturiser dry/sensitive
    and at night the superskin concentrate. I love their sheer skin tint and cream blush too!
    My current favourites Chanel Bois des Iles & Frederic Malle Iris Poudre

  3. #33

    Default Re: Your Beauty Regime

    At this point, I mostly just avoid mirrors as much as possible. Between aging (I turned 60 last year), losing over a hundred pounds while going through a very late menopause and way too much fun in the sun during my youth, I now look like Steve Buscemi in drag.

    I do still make an effort, though it's pretty much a lost cause. I give myself 50% glycolic peels and use exfoliants between peels. And I use one of those self-torture devices that looks like a mini lawn mower with spikes twice a week. I slap on a variety of masks, creams, serums, etc...too many to list and not enough success with them anymore to recommend. I stopped getting laser treatments for my rosacea because the results don't last very long; sometimes the broken capillaries would reappear before the bruising faded . I've taken the dermatologists' recommendations to avoid sun so religiously I now have a vitamin D insufficiency. Oh well.

  4. #34

    Default Re: Your Beauty Regime

    With sensitive skin, you probably don't want to follow my minimal routine, but here it is:

    1. Cetaphil cleanser.
    2. Abeille serum /moisturizer by Guerlain

    sunscreen: sensitive skin Neutrogena or from dermatologist

    makeup: Estee Lauder invisible foundation, Makeup Forever High Definition Foundation, Dior Forever is good as well. I have somewhat pale skin and am very picky - I will not use mineral foundation that makes me look like the tin man (i.e. Armani's). I am "the foundation queen" and like a natural, matte look. Clinique's original foundation is also good for that effect.

    concealer for under eyes: Precious Light by Guerlain no. 2

    mascara: maybelline

    lips: Laura Mercier sparkling pink, healthy lips, sexy lips, Chanel unique, charactere, Bobbi Brown Desert Rose

    pencil: Subtil by T. Leclerc

    Black ebony for top waterline / tightline by Laura Mercier

    brows: Shiseido brown/black (can use as eyeliner as well)

  5. #35
    Super Member FooDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California, Bay Area
    Posts
    110

    Default Re: Your Beauty Regime

    I, too, have recently been through an experimental period in my skincare routine. And I think I've hit on a basic regimen that I like. Some of the new things I'm trying out include:

    Face cleaning (in my morning shower): Josie Maran Argan Oil Facial Cleanser. Wet my face, work it in with my fingers, rinse. Use with face brush (Shiseido one that I've had for years) if I feel like I need more oomph. At night, I just use an eyemakeup remover and warm water.

    Face moisturizing (day): Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisturizer with SPF 40 + Bobbie Brown eye cream (deluxe sample that has lasted me at least 6 mos). At night, I use a natural face oil by Soapwalla (on Etsy).

    Body moisturizing: I have pretty dry skin, especially on my legs. I'm really liking coconut oil. I've found an all-natural pharmaceutical grade coconut oil that stays liquid and has no scent (by Coconut Hut). I use it on its own, or layered under another body lotion if I'm feeling particularly dry.

    Also, really trying hard to DRINK MORE WATER!
    "Use only that which works, and take it from any place you can find it."
    - Bruce Lee

  6. #36
    Super Member L'enfer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Down & Out in Paris
    Posts
    262

    Default Re: Your Beauty Regime

    This is what I have been using lately:

    Face:

    Avène - Thermal Water Spray
    Clarins - Gentle Beauty Soap
    Clarins - Gentle Refiner Exfoliating Cream with Microbeads
    Decléor - Aroma Cleanse Essential Cleansing Milk
    Decléor - Aroma Cleanse Essential Tonifying Lotion
    Decléor - Aromessence Néroli Oil
    Clarins - Gentle Day or Night Cream (I may switch to thier HydraQuench range for the SPF 15)
    Clarins - Beauty Flash Balm or Decléor - Clay & Herbal Mask
    Clarins - Moisture Replenishing Lip Balm or Darphin - Vitalbalm Lipcare

    As you can see I use mostly Clarins and Decléor products for my face. I've tried other more expensive brands but nothing has really worked as well as the above...

    I think I need to start using an eye cream (I'm getting old ). If anyone has any thoughts as to which I should try please let me know.

    Body products "coming soon"
    Last edited by L'enfer; 1st March 2013 at 04:06 PM.
    What I've Been Wearing:

  7. #37
    Dependent Sapfir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Oslo
    Posts
    1,119

    Default Re: Your Beauty Regime

    L'enfer do you want just moisturaizing eyecream or some antiage?

    This Kanebo is good antiage Sensai-Collection-Cellular-Performance-Wrinkle-Repair-Eye-Cream

    Or Kiehl's Line-Reducing Eye-Brightening Concentrate is intensive moisturaizing.

    Or RéVive Moisturizing Renewal Eye Cream as well as this one. These are my favorites.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by FooDog View Post
    I, too, have recently been through an experimental period in my skincare routine. And I think I've hit on a basic regimen that I like. Some of the new things I'm trying out include:

    Face cleaning (in my morning shower): Josie Maran Argan Oil Facial Cleanser. Wet my face, work it in with my fingers, rinse. Use with face brush (Shiseido one that I've had for years) if I feel like I need more oomph. At night, I just use an eyemakeup remover and warm water.

    Face moisturizing (day): Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisturizer with SPF 40 + Bobbie Brown eye cream (deluxe sample that has lasted me at least 6 mos). At night, I use a natural face oil by Soapwalla (on Etsy).

    Body moisturizing: I have pretty dry skin, especially on my legs. I'm really liking coconut oil. I've found an all-natural pharmaceutical grade coconut oil that stays liquid and has no scent (by Coconut Hut). I use it on its own, or layered under another body lotion if I'm feeling particularly dry.

    Also, really trying hard to DRINK MORE WATER!
    Can you tell more about JM cleanser? I am looking for good (natural/organic) make up remover.

    - - - Updated - - -

    My routine is following:

    Morning.

    Cleanising with water in shower.
    Toning - L'uvalla Orange Toner organic
    Decleor Aromessense Iris - serum
    Day cream - Acure Organics Day cream Gotu Kola
    Eye cream - Pevonia Botanica C evolutive eye gel
    and in stress periods - Kanebo Sensai Cellular Performance Advanced Recovery Concentrate for Eye.

    Evening.

    Dr Hauschka Cleansing Milk to remove makeup
    Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream - gorgeous, skin feels so moisture.
    Sometimes I add couple drops of organic aragan oil usually after masks and treatments. (can post about masks later)
    Last edited by Sapfir; 3rd March 2013 at 08:31 AM.
    Currently wearing: Amyitis by Mona di Orio

  8. #38
    Super Member L'enfer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Down & Out in Paris
    Posts
    262

    Default Re: Your Beauty Regime

    Quote Originally Posted by Sapfir View Post
    L'enfer do you want just moisturaizing eyecream or some antiage?

    This Kanebo is good antiage Sensai-Collection-Cellular-Performance-Wrinkle-Repair-Eye-Cream

    Or Kiehl's Line-Reducing Eye-Brightening Concentrate is intensive moisturaizing.

    Or RéVive Moisturizing Renewal Eye Cream as well as this one. These are my favorites.

    - - - Updated - - -


    Can you tell more about JM cleanser? I am looking for good (natural/organic) make up remover.
    )
    I'd like to start with an anti-aging eye-cream as I don't sleep well and I'm worried about my eye area. As for your question about natural/organic makeup remover I've heard extra virgin olive oil is great for removing makeup. I haven't tried this myself but as long as you don't get any in your eyes it should work from what I've read online.
    What I've Been Wearing:

  9. #39
    Dependent Sapfir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Oslo
    Posts
    1,119

    Default Re: Your Beauty Regime

    Quote Originally Posted by L'enfer View Post
    I'd like to start with an anti-aging eye-cream as I don't sleep well and I'm worried about my eye area. As for your question about natural/organic makeup remover I've heard extra virgin olive oil is great for removing makeup. I haven't tried this myself but as long as you don't get any in your eyes it should work from what I've read online.
    Ask for trials as these creams are pricey, then you know If there is any effect.

    What about Sisley moisturiing eye mask? Can do very good in stress periods and it lasts!

    Antiage on relatively young skin can just worsen wrinkles. Anyway you need to try it on your skin.

    Hm, olive oil, I've heard about that too, probably I'll try, thanks.
    Currently wearing: Amyitis by Mona di Orio

  10. #40
    Super Member L'enfer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Down & Out in Paris
    Posts
    262

    Default Re: Your Beauty Regime

    Quote Originally Posted by Sapfir View Post
    Ask for trials as these creams are pricey, then you know If there is any effect.

    What about Sisley moisturiing eye mask? Can do very good in stress periods and it lasts!

    Antiage on relatively young skin can just worsen wrinkles. Anyway you need to try it on your skin.

    Hm, olive oil, I've heard about that too, probably I'll try, thanks.

    Thanks Sapfir I like Sisley and used their "Express Flower Gel Mask". I've not seen the moisturizing eye mask in the shops I will check online thank you.
    Last edited by L'enfer; 4th March 2013 at 06:22 AM.
    What I've Been Wearing:

  11. #41
    Dependent Sapfir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Oslo
    Posts
    1,119

    Default Re: Your Beauty Regime

    Quote Originally Posted by L'enfer View Post
    Thanks Sapfir I like Sisley and used their "Express Flower Gel Mask". I've not seen the moisturizing eye mask in the shops I will check online thank you.
    Full name is Eye contour mask Sisley. Green tube.

    Sisley has really good masks I liked everyhing I've tried - cleansing, moisturaizing snd eye contour.
    Currently wearing: Amyitis by Mona di Orio

  12. #42

    Default Re: Your Beauty Regime

    Hi Ladies,

    A good and young looking skin comes from a well-nourished body and skin. Include fruits and vegetables in your diet, try to avoid oily foods, exercise everyday and drink lots of water. As we know Skin is known as the most important organ in the human body, so it makes sense to provide the right kind of care that will preserve it.

    I want to share with you the product that I tried recently, Triple Action Vitamin C Serum by VoilaVe, I found this product on Amazon. A friend of mine recommended this to me, after knowing that I have skin issues. I first started noticing that my skin had a nice healthy glow to it. I finally had some pink in my cheeks and other area on my face that made my skin just glow. It also has anti-aging ingredient which I like the most. I have used this serum for a couple of weeks now, and was satisfied with the results. I will continue using this and looking forward to more positive results.

  13. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    222

    Default Re: Your Beauty Regime

    No Sugar, No granules, No dairy

    Milk is from pregnant cows and ingesting it means u are ingesting it's pregnancy hormones which is intended for its calfes, not humans.

  14. #44

    Default Re: Your Beauty Regime

    Hi,

    A healthy diet with processed foods and junk food down to minimum! Adequate water intake and exercise 5 - 6 days a week.

    Besides this, washing face twice or thrice daily .. gentle exfoliation with oatmeal or other mild natural ingredients once / twice a week.

    Applying Apple Cider Vinegar daily for clean pores and nil whiteheads / blackheads ... and Argan Oil Massage for clear skin.

    I go natural most days and wear light all-natural makeup products for occasions.

    Hope it helps!

Similar Threads

  1. Former Selective Beauty CEO launches B Comme Beauty distribution company
    By Grant in forum General Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13th March 2009, 05:50 AM
  2. American Beauty by DSH?
    By john parker in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 22nd January 2009, 04:30 AM
  3. Lulu Beauty
    By castorpollux in forum No longer missing fragrances
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 3rd May 2006, 03:10 PM
  4. Wow!! L'artisan you beauty!
    By JP1 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15th March 2006, 10:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000