Code of Conduct

Default Your Beauty Regime

Hello Everyone,

A lot has changed in my life lately including the beauty products I use. I'm curious about what other Basenoters use in their beauty regime, so spill the beans.

Regards,

L'enfer

Update:

Face:

Avène - Thermal Water Spray
    Clarins - Gentle Beauty Soap
    Clarins - Gentle Refiner Exfoliating Cream with Microbeads
    Decléor - Aroma Cleanse Essential Cleansing Milk
    Decléor - Aroma Cleanse Essential Tonifying Lotion
    Decléor - Aromessence Néroli Oil
    Clarins - Gentle Day or Night Cream (I may switch to thier HydraQuench range for the SPF 15)
    Clarins - Beauty Flash Balm or Decléor - Clay & Herbal Mask
    Clarins - Moisture Replenishing Lip Balm or Darphin - Vitalbalm Lipcare
    Last edited by L'enfer; 2nd March 2013 at 06:00 PM.
    What I've Been Wearing:

Default Re: Your Beauty Regime

Oh, well since I developed roseaca I have to be careful what goes on my face.

I love Elemis products, but not everything agrees with my skin.

Morning

Elemis Sensitive Wash with my Clarisonic or just the Sensitive Wash on its own
    Elemis Pro Collagen Quartz Serum
    Emma Hardie eye serum
    Philosophy Eye Hope eye cream
    Marks & Spencer Neck Cream
    Santa Maria Novella Calendula Cream(usually its Elemis Pro Collagen Cream)

Evening

Eve Lom Cleanser or Ren Sensitive Cleanser
    Elemis Ginseng Toner
    Organic Argan Oil
    SMN Calendula Cream
    Emma Hardie eye serum
    Philosophy Eye Hope
    Marks & Spencer Neck Cream

Once a week either Elemis Pro Collagen Lifting Mask or Malin + Goetz Detox Mask

Products can change when I run out of things and move to another such as Elemis night cream
    DONNA

I've never had much of a regime - I'm not very good at consistency - and now I am having to learn one. After spending the summer in Florida my skin is a wreck: red, freckled, and the pores have enlarged (this WITH sunscreen). Florida was the undoing of my complexion. Normally, I just use any old thing - Pond's cold cream, sea breeze astringent for sensitive skin, dove bar in the shower on my face, or some kind of foaming face wash, whatever type of moisturizer has taken my fancy - drugstore items. Now...I need serious help. I need something to HEAL my skin. So I will be watching here with interest. I think Lancome Renergie is supposed to be pretty good, I may have to cough up $$$ for a jar of that, or something equivalent.

One tip I have: organic hydrosol rosewater to refresh. It is soothing to irritated skin, softening, and helps to tame hair frizzies too. I use it to cool my face after a workout.

Blog Entries

My skin is gettting seriously affected by hormonal changes. I'm very annoyed with it lately. But Lancome is all is use.
    I love their cleansing water, because i can't stand greasiness of any kind on my face. I get Genifique, the serum and the eye cream, and Visionnaire regularly, and i need to try that new eye stuff they brought out, with the pearl thing on the applicator, that swivels around.
    Oh and i recently found a brand new in box Yon-Ka Face Mask at a garage sale for a few bucks, but not tried it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    Elemis Sensitive Wash with my Clarisonic...
    Do Clarisonics work? My other half has wanted to get two for ages but as I am a little bit skeptical I've always frowned on the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Scent-imental View Post
    Oh and i recently found a brand new in box Yon-Ka Face Mask at a garage sale for a few bucks, but not tried it yet.
    Yonka? I have never heard of Yonka before. I will have to ask my other half to pick up some things next time shes out as their masks do look very nice.

Thank you all for posting.

L
    What I've Been Wearing:

I had to google Clarisonic. I think I'd be a little afraid of it, but I imagine those have improved over the years.

I hope more will people post.

All hail the mighty Clarisonic!

The guy Dr.Robb who invented the sonic toothbrush invented the Clarisonic. Its like the sonic/electric toothbrush really cleans you teeth, well the Clarisonic really really really cleans your face. Different brushes for different skin types, I use the Delicate on myself.

I bought mine back in 2009 when if first came to the UK(a friend bought one from the US and swore by it). Your skin feels like glass, your blackheads will go(you can click the middle part of the brush out, and really get into the sides of the nose), you don't need to exfoliate so so save money buying that every few months. Any cleanser you remove with water can be used with it.

The big test for me was:

I removed my makeup as normal then used the Clarisonic and the dirt and makeup that came off on the brush head was unbelievable!!!

QVC UK and US sell them(Plus(this has the body brush),Normal(just for the face has timer etc) and Mia(this is the travel version so small but same brush head fits), sometimes on easy pay and you have 30 days to try and return if not happy.
    DONNA

Ok, I'm sold! Actually,my first thought when you mentioned it was the sonic toothbrush, which my dentist has recommended but I still haven't bought one. I actually just don't want anymore electronic gadgets (esp. considering travelling with a bunch of gear - hair appliances, sonic toothbrush, 'net gadgets & phones + recharcher cords, lighted magnifying mirror which I MUST have...etc, etc)...but this one might be calling my name anyway.

Totally agree with donna255 on the clairsonic!! I've used mine for about 2yrs now & would never be without it! They are an investment, but so totally worth the price. (got mine somewhat discounted on ebay) Don't go for the cheaper brands here. They're not the same at all.

Lilybelle, I know what you mean about what the Florida weather does to the complexion! For skincare I use the Obagi Condition & Enhance System & it's done wonders for my skin. It's a bit challenging at first because you get dry & peel, but oh the fantastic results! The dark spots are gone, pores refined & just a healthy glow now. I also add in their C serum, as well as Elastiderm for the eyes. Good stuff.

THANK you, Genie Jeanie! I see you know exactly what I mean. I will definitely check out Obagi. I have tried other chemical things on my face, but I thought the dryness meant they were not for me - my skin has become more sensitive with age, not less - but from what you say the dryness is a phase you must live through for a while. I might just make a commitment for once (desperation!).

L'enfer, I'm sorry if I've glommed onto your thread...I'm just so glad you started it!

Thanks for the info we may need to invest in two of those gizmos after all. I'm struggling to find a decent facial exfoliator, if the Clairsonic works then it would be worth the money. Especially considering the cost of facial scrubs. My other half has been using a exfoliator I think it's from Sisley that cost £80 a tube although I think it has been discontinued she bought backups.

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post

L'enfer, I'm sorry if I've glommed onto your thread...I'm just so glad you started it!
    That's quite all right Lilybelle there is no need to apologize I'm happy the thread is getting replies and hopefully people will find it worth while.
    Last edited by L'enfer; 24th September 2012 at 04:02 PM.
    What I've Been Wearing:

Unsure whether a male Basenoter may also post on this thread, without being too off-topic (considering that this post of mine should be far more on one of the "Male Grooming" threads), also if this involved indeed more male grooming, rather than beauty care and also if a guy who is not particularly metrosexual or dandified is supposed to write about this.

Yet, I do use quite a variety of both face and body creams, as well as lotions, cleansers, washes etc. on a daily basis. Given that I have a mixed skin on both face and body, as well as an age where grooming and care are not to be neglected by a man any longer (I'm 29 now), I do need product lines for the three major skin problems mixed type skins have to deal with: oiliness, a slight tendency towards irritation and also towards slight wrinkling.

Thus, I use on a daily basis:

For my face:

Alverde vegan aftershave balm (with little alcohol and lots of soothing aloe vera and ginseng extracts)
    Anti-wrinkle eye cream by Cosmetic Plant, unscented and with Q10
    Balancing and anti-impurities face cream with no parabens, for mixed-type skin, by Elmiplant
    Moisturizing face cream for mixed-type skin with A, E and F vitamins, by Plant Activ
    Aloe Vera soothing face gel with no parabens, by Herbagen
    Skin perfecting cream, lightly toned, from the BB Skin Perfector series by Laboratoires Garnier
    Vegan alpine rose night cream by Alverde
    Vegan face wash with aloe vera and ginseng extracts by Alverde
    Bio cleansing lotion by Yves Rocher
    Paraben-free moisturizing lotion for mixed-type skin, by Elmiplant
    (of course, the order in which I use them is entirely different, but I simply wrote it here as I remembered)

For body care:

Apart from the usual bar soaps and body washes, also after each shower or bath, a body cream and one-two body lotions, at least one of these products containing at least one of the three aforementioned vitamins and/or the co-enzyme Q10. Applying, after of course through washing and cleansing first, without being that much choosy here, the regular, easily available, affordable products by common brand like Nivea, Dove, Neutrogena being more than enough. A further advantage is that, on some of the possible application points for fragrance, scent's longevity is at least marginally increased, even if the body care product may not be neutral, yet lightly scented.

Furthermore, I hereby add that Elimplant, Herbagen, Cosmetic Plant, Plant Activ are simply affordable local Romanian brands, nothing special or outstanding, but pretty natural and (for now) doing the job, while Alverde is a slightly more organic, more premium in-house brand of the German cosmetic retail chain DM. Also, using the "sensitive" ranges of shaving products for my daily shave (including a pre-shave oil for sensitive skin and/or tough beard, since I have both problems), a face peeling/face mask at least within a few weeks, if not every week.
    Most of the face products, even some of the body products contain some, albeit quite low, SPF. In addition to that, I like to keep my skin further moisturized by drinking plenty of mineral water, rich in, obviously, minerals and other nutrients.

Hope my list (albeit I don't use L'Occitane and other more upmarket brands for now) doesn't sound too much like the famous grooming routines described in both the book and the movie "American Psycho"...
    Last edited by Ken_Russell; 25th September 2012 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Unsure whether a male Basenoter may also post on this thread...
    I am male, all members are welcome to post in my threads.
    What I've Been Wearing:

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    THANK you, Genie Jeanie! I see you know exactly what I mean. I will definitely check out Obagi. I have tried other chemical things on my face, but I thought the dryness meant they were not for me - my skin has become more sensitive with age, not less - but from what you say the dryness is a phase you must live through for a while. I might just make a commitment for once (desperation!).

Obagi is considered medical grade, but not chemical. My dermatologist recommended it. The products work together as an entire system to release the build up of dry, dead skin cells & thus brings out the fresh new skin lurking below. (we all have it down there somewhere!) It does take a little patience getting to that point though. Though it works beautifully for me it's not for everyone!

And you are right that some products just cause dryness & irritation without benefit. Not a good thing!

I worked as an esthetician for many years & it took me quite a while to find the right products for myself. There is no one-size-fits-all in skincare. Maybe a trip to a good dermatologist would lead you in the right direction.

Thank you, l'enfer.

GenieJeanie, in the meantime I looked at the Obagi website and saw that their products are by prescription. I know, you're right...I do need to see a dermatologist, not just for cosmetic reasons but to have a checkup for preventive reasons. I've been putting it off.

Skin care is skin care, whatever the gender. I, for one, am always glad to see you Ken Russell.

*cough*
    What I've Been Wearing:

Ok...I found this RoC MULTI CORREXION® Skin Renewing Serum at the drugstore...

I have been using it on face, neck and decolletage...and I am noticing a definite improvement (might be my imagination?)! Pores are disappearing and skin is less red. Also, the weather is cooling off, which helps. I can't remember the price, under $20. Yes, I know I still have to go to the dermatologist. I need to find something similar for legs and arms and hands.

hmm... a timely thread, after spending every weekend at the ocean, my skin needed attention...like lillybelle, I have not been that consistent, but the most satisfying skin regime I have used on my face has been DHC cosmetics Deep Cleansing Oil, very gentle, my skin always looks and feels wonderful when I use this, not sure why I ever stray from it. I'm also trying some Chanel skin care at the moment, Hydramax creme and Vitalumiere foundation, very lightly applied. So far pleased with this. Having had oily/combination skin for most of my life, my skin now appreciates moisture.

For body care, I've used plain Dove soap for years and currently use Jason Rosewater lotion applied fresh out of the shower. I alternate using lotion and various oils post shower, Himalayan massage oil purchased at Whole Foods, Amouage Jubilation 25 body creme, Le Labo massage oils (Iris 39) the scent and texture which I find very sensual, heady and luxurious. Body scrubs are wonderful, too.

Though I haven't consistently done it, body brushing is wonderful for circulation and exfoliation. Very energizing.

- - - Updated - - -

L'enfer, I've been meaning to comment that the list of what you have been wearing is gorgeous.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

I mostly gave up face products about two years ago and my skin has never been better. I say 'mostly,' which means:

- If I don't wear makeup, I wash morning and night with warm water only.
    - If I do wear makeup, I clean with either Pond's Cold Cream or regular aqueous cream.
    - Moisturizer with SPF every day - usually Lubriderm, Oil of Olay or Kiehl's.
    - If I need a night moisturizer, I'll use Kiehl's Creme de Corps, or maybe Body Shop's Carrot cream.

For body, I get a bunch of The Body Shop shower gels when they're on clearance each year. I also bring Neutro Roberts bagnoschiuma back from Italy whenever I go because I like the way it smells and it doesn't irritate my skin. Kiehl's Creme de Corps is my favorite body moisturizer.

R., I'm going to look for some Jason's Rosewater lotion, that sounds nice.

Kagey, I was doing well not using much of anything on my face until I went to Florida for two months. Now, I'm trying to reverse damage. I love Pond's cold cream, too.

I pretty much stick to Kagey's regime.
    However, my weekly routine includes an almond oil bath to saturate my dry skin (I hate body creams and the likes).
    Also, I seem to always try out new things and rotate... never use the same stuff exclusively or for too long. Currently at home are Lush's Gorgeous Cream (sounds fancy but is wonderful), Guerlain Abeille Royale Youth Serum, also their lip balm (which is the best thing I have ever had). I also have a bottle of rosewater, which I use fairly often.
    Other than that, a nutritional supplement of hemp seed oil (the pure product, straight) has been to great effect for me. I do not believe in vitamin pills and fancy food supplements. I try to buy quality food only and prefer spending my money this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    Other than that, a nutritional supplement of hemp seed oil (the pure product, straight) has been to great effect for me. I do not believe in vitamin pills and fancy food supplements. I try to buy quality food only and prefer spending my money this way.
    I believe in buying the best possible foodstuffs available to. However I do take daily "probiotic" enriched vitamin supplement that actually does help especially when I'm feeling poorly.

I still haven't found anything worth writing about here yet perhaps because I have no issues with my skin I just like using creams etc I think they help improve your appearance perhaps I'm alone on this.
    Last edited by L'enfer; 2nd October 2012 at 08:02 PM.
    What I've Been Wearing:

Basenotes Plus

The Mrs and I tend to share a lot of the same stuff and steer clear of anything containing parabens as a general rule.
    At the moment - Nude Progenius Treatment Oil (probiotics / omega 3,6,7,9) followed by Caudalie Premier Cru Moisturiser (antioxidants, grapeseed extract) at night. In the morning a light application of Bakel P-Lipic (Sodium Hyaluronate). Also use various L'Occitane and Molton Brown shower / body products. A good balanced diet and staying well hydrated also works wonders, as does regular exercise.
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 2nd October 2012 at 08:44 PM.

Sleep, exercise, dairy in the diet, moisturisers with sunscreen - no particular brand, just whatever catches my eye in Boots, no make-up. That's pretty much it, but then I am incredibly lazy and care little for my appearance. Damp English climate also helps I think, but probably not as much as good genes.

Yes I have a beauty regimen.
    Lifestyle-not overeating, mostly food not junk, sleep is very important to me, and Jazzercise dance exercise in the mornings, because dancing is good for body but also for my spirit. Nothing like disco in the morning, LOL. I don't eat until after the workout so try to do at least 12 consecutive hours fasting between supper and break-fast. Also do the facial exercises, and Kegels of course, though that's not for beauty I guess. Except maybe tangientally.

Products for skin-
    Night: Wash, either Body Shop Tea Tree or Avon's Mark gel cleanser or generic Target Renewal cleanser, depending on how my skin feels. Every once in a while exfoliate with Body Shop C. Avon eye cream, generic Retin-A 0.1% cream (which, BTW, oddly enough has helped the rosacea to heal. Counterintuitive but that stuff works on almost everything.
    Day: Rinse with water and Olay Complete Daily Facial Sensitive - the only day lotion that has never caused me irritation. Me and about a million other people, they tried to change the formula a couple of years back and got so much pushback and lost sales that they changed it back.
    Body: Mostly just rinse with water usually, body wash in parts that actually get stinky but not on arms and legs, etc. At least once a week I rub the whole body, dry, with exfoliating gloves; and at least every-other-day moisturize after the shower, usually Body Shop lotions, mango or shea, but really whatever is around, sometimes coconut oil.

Hair-not gonna go there, I am a hair geek for sure! That would take another post.

Seems to be working; more than any specific product I think that being moderate with food and sun, getting enough exercise and sleep and sex and fun are the most important to your beauty. Well, maybe one product, that retin-a, LOL, that stuff has been a big help to my face skin.

Face:

Cleansing:
    Babor hy øl and phytoactive for sensitive skin
    or
    Ren No.1 Purity Cleansing Balm
    or
    Dermalogica Skin resurfacing cleanser.

Toning:
    Dermalogica Antioxidant hydramist

Moisture:
    Eyes: Dermalogica multivitamin power firm
    Face/neck: Dermalogica Dynamic skin recovery spf 30

No serums, or masks.

Evening: cleans, tone and moisture.
    Morning: warm water or the Dermalogica skin resurfacing cleanser, tone, moisture.

Body:
    Some bodywash, preferably soap free. On and off I use a body scrub that contains oil. After shower: unscented body oil on wet skin before towel dry.
    Visit my Norwegian blog
    http://www.hagenpahytta.net
    Gardening, nature, food, perfume, life.

"Gardeners, I think, dream bigger dreams than emperors"
    Mary Cantwell

Dependent

mornings apply moisterizer and cleanser. followed my a shower using non scented moisterize body wash.
    dry self then spray. iron clothes get dress put on protective face lotion

night same as morning but wear moisterizing lotion to bed
    1. Dior Homme Original
    2. Musc Ravaguer
    3. Portrait of a Lady
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. L Instant Guerlain pour Homme Extreme
    6. New Haarlem
    7. Pure Coffee
    8. Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond
    9. Rose 31
    10. Spiritueuse Double Vanille

Quote Originally Posted by calilove View Post
    mornings apply moisterizer and cleanser. followed my a shower using non scented moisterize body wash.
    dry self then spray. iron clothes get dress put on protective face lotion

night same as morning but wear moisterizing lotion to bed
    May I ask why you apply moisturizer and cleanser before showering and not after? I would have thought you were undoing most if not all the good of said products by showering after applying...
    What I've Been Wearing:

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by L'enfer View Post
    May I ask why you apply moisturizer and cleanser before showering and not after? I would have thought you were undoing most if not all the good of said products by showering after applying...
    i usually get clothes ready while stuff on my face it saves times never really thought abou. my face is smooth an clear so its been working out for me
    1. Dior Homme Original
    2. Musc Ravaguer
    3. Portrait of a Lady
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. L Instant Guerlain pour Homme Extreme
    6. New Haarlem
    7. Pure Coffee
    8. Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond
    9. Rose 31
    10. Spiritueuse Double Vanille

Hi there!

Here's my daily beauty routine for those of you that are interested:-

Bath/Shower using Sanctuary products. Deodorant with 0% aluminium/alcohol.

I use Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser followed by their Iris Toner.

Twice a week I exfoliate with St. Ives Firm and Renew Apricot exfoliator.

I moisturise with Vichy Neovadiol on my dry parts (sides of face, around mouth
    and decolletage) and with Nivea Everyday moisturiser (SP15) on the rest of my face.

I leave this to soak in whilst I brush my teeth with Pearl Drops.

Finally I apply Benefit The Porefector before applying my make-up (mostly Dior or Clinique.)
    Not forgetting an application of my Scent of the day of course!

Night-time I remove make-up with Liz Earle Hot Cloth and her cleanser.
    Moisturise with a serum followed by Nivea Q10 Night Cream.

This has taken me around 30 years to arrive at, but it works for me.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Pearl Drops! I had forgotten those. I used those a million years ago. Kewart, I like your beauty routine. It sounds doable. I mean doable for someone lazy like me who is trying to be more assiduous about it (I don't meant to imply that YOU are lazy, just that it seems like a regime that doesn't take a year and a day to do). I used to use Clarins a long time ago. I liked their products. I liked the scent of them especially. Maybe I will try them again. The only thing I didn't like was their tinted moisturizer - it was too yellow for my skin. In the meantime, my RoC serum is...ok...it doesn't seem to be as effective as it was in the beginning. Maybe I need more drastic measures. I am getting old, I must face it. Or face the laser.

I'm a liz earle range devotee - cleanse & polish hot cloth cleanser, instant boost skin tonic, skin repair moisturiser dry/sensitive
    and at night the superskin concentrate. I love their sheer skin tint and cream blush too!

At this point, I mostly just avoid mirrors as much as possible. Between aging (I turned 60 last year), losing over a hundred pounds while going through a very late menopause and way too much fun in the sun during my youth, I now look like Steve Buscemi in drag.

I do still make an effort, though it's pretty much a lost cause. I give myself 50% glycolic peels and use exfoliants between peels. And I use one of those self-torture devices that looks like a mini lawn mower with spikes twice a week. I slap on a variety of masks, creams, serums, etc...too many to list and not enough success with them anymore to recommend. I stopped getting laser treatments for my rosacea because the results don't last very long; sometimes the broken capillaries would reappear before the bruising faded . I've taken the dermatologists' recommendations to avoid sun so religiously I now have a vitamin D insufficiency. Oh well.

With sensitive skin, you probably don't want to follow my minimal routine, but here it is:

1. Cetaphil cleanser.
    2. Abeille serum /moisturizer by Guerlain

sunscreen: sensitive skin Neutrogena or from dermatologist

makeup: Estee Lauder invisible foundation, Makeup Forever High Definition Foundation, Dior Forever is good as well. I have somewhat pale skin and am very picky - I will not use mineral foundation that makes me look like the tin man (i.e. Armani's). I am "the foundation queen" and like a natural, matte look. Clinique's original foundation is also good for that effect.

concealer for under eyes: Precious Light by Guerlain no. 2

mascara: maybelline

lips: Laura Mercier sparkling pink, healthy lips, sexy lips, Chanel unique, charactere, Bobbi Brown Desert Rose

pencil: Subtil by T. Leclerc

Black ebony for top waterline / tightline by Laura Mercier

brows: Shiseido brown/black (can use as eyeliner as well)

I, too, have recently been through an experimental period in my skincare routine. And I think I've hit on a basic regimen that I like. Some of the new things I'm trying out include:

Face cleaning (in my morning shower): Josie Maran Argan Oil Facial Cleanser. Wet my face, work it in with my fingers, rinse. Use with face brush (Shiseido one that I've had for years) if I feel like I need more oomph. At night, I just use an eyemakeup remover and warm water.

Face moisturizing (day): Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisturizer with SPF 40 + Bobbie Brown eye cream (deluxe sample that has lasted me at least 6 mos). At night, I use a natural face oil by Soapwalla (on Etsy).

Body moisturizing: I have pretty dry skin, especially on my legs. I'm really liking coconut oil. I've found an all-natural pharmaceutical grade coconut oil that stays liquid and has no scent (by Coconut Hut). I use it on its own, or layered under another body lotion if I'm feeling particularly dry.

Also, really trying hard to DRINK MORE WATER!
    "Use only that which works, and take it from any place you can find it."
    - Bruce Lee

This is what I have been using lately:

Face:

Avène - Thermal Water Spray
    Clarins - Gentle Beauty Soap
    Clarins - Gentle Refiner Exfoliating Cream with Microbeads
    Decléor - Aroma Cleanse Essential Cleansing Milk
    Decléor - Aroma Cleanse Essential Tonifying Lotion
    Decléor - Aromessence Néroli Oil
    Clarins - Gentle Day or Night Cream (I may switch to thier HydraQuench range for the SPF 15)
    Clarins - Beauty Flash Balm or Decléor - Clay & Herbal Mask
    Clarins - Moisture Replenishing Lip Balm or Darphin - Vitalbalm Lipcare

As you can see I use mostly Clarins and Decléor products for my face. I've tried other more expensive brands but nothing has really worked as well as the above...

I think I need to start using an eye cream (I'm getting old ). If anyone has any thoughts as to which I should try please let me know.

Body products "coming soon"
    Last edited by L'enfer; 1st March 2013 at 05:06 PM.
    What I've Been Wearing:

L'enfer do you want just moisturaizing eyecream or some antiage?

This Kanebo is good antiage Sensai-Collection-Cellular-Performance-Wrinkle-Repair-Eye-Cream

Or Kiehl's Line-Reducing Eye-Brightening Concentrate is intensive moisturaizing.

Or RéVive Moisturizing Renewal Eye Cream as well as this one. These are my favorites.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FooDog View Post
    I, too, have recently been through an experimental period in my skincare routine. And I think I've hit on a basic regimen that I like. Some of the new things I'm trying out include:

Face cleaning (in my morning shower): Josie Maran Argan Oil Facial Cleanser. Wet my face, work it in with my fingers, rinse. Use with face brush (Shiseido one that I've had for years) if I feel like I need more oomph. At night, I just use an eyemakeup remover and warm water.

Face moisturizing (day): Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisturizer with SPF 40 + Bobbie Brown eye cream (deluxe sample that has lasted me at least 6 mos). At night, I use a natural face oil by Soapwalla (on Etsy).

Body moisturizing: I have pretty dry skin, especially on my legs. I'm really liking coconut oil. I've found an all-natural pharmaceutical grade coconut oil that stays liquid and has no scent (by Coconut Hut). I use it on its own, or layered under another body lotion if I'm feeling particularly dry.

Also, really trying hard to DRINK MORE WATER!
    Can you tell more about JM cleanser? I am looking for good (natural/organic) make up remover.

- - - Updated - - -

My routine is following:

Morning.

Cleanising with water in shower.
    Toning - L'uvalla Orange Toner organic
    Decleor Aromessense Iris - serum
    Day cream - Acure Organics Day cream Gotu Kola
    Eye cream - Pevonia Botanica C evolutive eye gel
    and in stress periods - Kanebo Sensai Cellular Performance Advanced Recovery Concentrate for Eye.

Evening.

Dr Hauschka Cleansing Milk to remove makeup
    Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream - gorgeous, skin feels so moisture.
    Sometimes I add couple drops of organic aragan oil usually after masks and treatments. (can post about masks later)
    Last edited by Sapfir; 3rd March 2013 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapfir View Post
    L'enfer do you want just moisturaizing eyecream or some antiage?

This Kanebo is good antiage Sensai-Collection-Cellular-Performance-Wrinkle-Repair-Eye-Cream

Or Kiehl's Line-Reducing Eye-Brightening Concentrate is intensive moisturaizing.

Or RéVive Moisturizing Renewal Eye Cream as well as this one. These are my favorites.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you tell more about JM cleanser? I am looking for good (natural/organic) make up remover.
    )
    I'd like to start with an anti-aging eye-cream as I don't sleep well and I'm worried about my eye area. As for your question about natural/organic makeup remover I've heard extra virgin olive oil is great for removing makeup. I haven't tried this myself but as long as you don't get any in your eyes it should work from what I've read online.
    What I've Been Wearing:

I'd like to start with an anti-aging eye-cream as I don't sleep well and I'm worried about my eye area. As for your question about natural/organic makeup remover I've heard extra virgin olive oil is great for removing makeup. I haven't tried this myself but as long as you don't get any in your eyes it should work from what I've read online.
    Ask for trials as these creams are pricey, then you know If there is any effect.

What about Sisley moisturiing eye mask? Can do very good in stress periods and it lasts!

Antiage on relatively young skin can just worsen wrinkles. Anyway you need to try it on your skin.

Hm, olive oil, I've heard about that too, probably I'll try, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapfir View Post
    Ask for trials as these creams are pricey, then you know If there is any effect.

What about Sisley moisturiing eye mask? Can do very good in stress periods and it lasts!

Antiage on relatively young skin can just worsen wrinkles. Anyway you need to try it on your skin.

Hm, olive oil, I've heard about that too, probably I'll try, thanks.

Thanks Sapfir I like Sisley and used their "Express Flower Gel Mask". I've not seen the moisturizing eye mask in the shops I will check online thank you.
    Last edited by L'enfer; 4th March 2013 at 07:22 AM.
    What I've Been Wearing:

Thanks Sapfir I like Sisley and used their "Express Flower Gel Mask". I've not seen the moisturizing eye mask in the shops I will check online thank you.
    Full name is Eye contour mask Sisley. Green tube.

Sisley has really good masks I liked everyhing I've tried - cleansing, moisturaizing snd eye contour.

Hi Ladies,

A good and young looking skin comes from a well-nourished body and skin. Include fruits and vegetables in your diet, try to avoid oily foods, exercise everyday and drink lots of water. As we know Skin is known as the most important organ in the human body, so it makes sense to provide the right kind of care that will preserve it.

I want to share with you the product that I tried recently, Triple Action Vitamin C Serum by VoilaVe, I found this product on Amazon. A friend of mine recommended this to me, after knowing that I have skin issues. I first started noticing that my skin had a nice healthy glow to it. I finally had some pink in my cheeks and other area on my face that made my skin just glow. It also has anti-aging ingredient which I like the most. I have used this serum for a couple of weeks now, and was satisfied with the results. I will continue using this and looking forward to more positive results.

No Sugar, No granules, No dairy

Milk is from pregnant cows and ingesting it means u are ingesting it's pregnancy hormones which is intended for its calfes, not humans.

Hi,

A healthy diet with processed foods and junk food down to minimum! Adequate water intake and exercise 5 - 6 days a week.

Besides this, washing face twice or thrice daily .. gentle exfoliation with oatmeal or other mild natural ingredients once / twice a week.

Applying Apple Cider Vinegar daily for clean pores and nil whiteheads / blackheads ... and Argan Oil Massage for clear skin.

I go natural most days and wear light all-natural makeup products for occasions.

Hope it helps!