Code of Conduct

Default If I like Parfum d' Habit...

Are there any other leather frags I should try before I get a bottle?

It's not a genre I have explored in much detail so far. But that particular scent is something I would like to smell like sometimes. I've seen other frags I've tried described a leathery chypres, but my untrained nose is not picking up much leather in them. I don't want to have a collection that is much larger than I currently have but I feel there is definitely room for a good leather.

If it helps to target the suggestions, I think that what I like is the clean leather smell. Like a new jacket. Maybe its the amber I'm smelling. I'm not real flash with my descriptions yet, so feel free to go outside that guideline.

Hope I'm making some sense here.

Dependent

Default Re: If I like Parfum d' Habit...

tom ford tuscan leather
    1. Dior Homme Original
    2. Musc Ravaguer
    3. Portrait of a Lady
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. L Instant Guerlain pour Homme Extreme
    6. New Haarlem
    7. Pure Coffee
    8. Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond
    9. Rose 31
    10. Spiritueuse Double Vanille

Try Rien by Etat Libre d'Orange.

The starkness of it is reminiscent of Parfum d'Habit.

calilove, Tuscan Leather is indeed leather but very different. Pd'H is very dark and animalic. TL is more of the suede end of the leather spectrum and not animalic at all. Also, Pd'H has a lot of murky sandalwood and gothic patchouli that adds to the already dark leather/animalic accord. Tuscan Leather gets lighter in the dry down.

for swap/sale:

Perhaps try Style for Men by Micallef

Yatagan is my choice.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Yatagan is one of those ones where my untrained nose is not really getting the leather. But its going to be my next purchase anyway. What I do smell, I really like.

Rien, in fact Etat Libre d'Orange in genera,l seems very hard to come by. Which is a shame coz I'm intrigued by the reviews. I expect I should grab a sample of TL even if its just to get a more well-rounded take on the genre. It might even convince me to lighten my wardrobe up a bit.

Thanks for the pointers so far, gents. Anyone else got any suggestiions, I'm all ears.

Banned

Try:

L'Essence de Cerruti by Cerruti - One is initially treated to an invigorating bergamot, with its orangey bittersweetness and peppery facets. The freshness of the bergamot commingles with the compost-like and ever-so-slight barnyard aspects of white pepper. Segueing to the middle, the mintiness of birch encases the fresh opening, and infuses its wintergreen sweetness. A raw and somewhat phenolic leather wafts in the background along with the hay-like character of saffron. Transitioning to the comforting base, a creamy cedar infuses its resinous and camphoraceous woodiness, along with the sweetly vanillic and faintly earthy quality of amber. A sensual, fur/skin-like and warm musk also presents. An alluring drydown ensues. This masculine composition is well blended, and has good longevity, 8+ hours, and average projection, being light enough for an office scent. Given its very reasonable, price point, this versatile and somewhat elegant composition is worthy of purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by dollars&scents View Post
    Try:

L'Essence de Cerruti by Cerruti
    That turned out to be some very good advice, thanks. Quite different to PdH, but coming from the same general idea. Seems a bit more summery to my way of thinking.

And, for the price, there's plenty of room for both in my wardrobe.