Voters
183. You may not vote on this poll
  • Thumbs Up

121 66.12%
  • Thumbs Down

62 33.88%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Bleu de Chanel vs BN

Nothing really special but easy to wear. Doesn't last long but smells pleasant. I give it the benefit of the doubt because there's something really wearable about it.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    If it didn't come from the House of Chanel, it would be one of those fragrances lost in mediocrity.
    Quoted for truth.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

I enjoy wearing it. Gets a lot of compliments, doesn't offend, and is versatile. I think for the money you could do much better, but you could also do a lot worse.

I have to give a thumbs down. While I want to like it I find it has no longevity and soon vanishes to nothing.
    La vita è breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bleu is not an aquatic or main stream fresh fragrance. It's a quite beautiful fruity frag imo

Dependent

i enjoy it think its a good scent but theres better
    1. Dior Homme Original
    2. Musc Ravaguer
    3. Portrait of a Lady
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. L Instant Guerlain pour Homme Extreme
    6. New Haarlem
    7. Pure Coffee
    8. Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond
    9. Rose 31
    10. Spiritueuse Double Vanille

"Bleu de Chanel" is so boring and has a literally stupid name: "Blöde Chanel", Germans know what I mean!
    FAVOURITES:

1. Dia Man
    2. Tawaf
    3. Skin Graft
    4. Vitrum
    5. Norne
    6. Hindu Kush

tumb up ... Bleu has its flaws, Bleu is not perfect, but Bleu is far from bad .... on me he has showen some great faces , after all i would like to add another bottle afther first 50ml.

I dont want to bash BDC in every thread but I finally found good use for BDC. It works terrible on my skin but great as car freshener (no sarcasm intended).
    Last edited by dreamer81; 14th November 2012 at 07:27 PM.
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

Banned

Bleu de Chanel by Chanel - One is immediately greeted with a very fresh, citrus pas de trois by the tangy orange tree, the tart lemon tree and the zesty grapefruit. Warm pink peppercorn as well as a well-developed peppermint join in to make a very crisp cocktail as it flows to the waiting middle. Wonderfully, spicy and sweet nutmeg and a somewhat penetrating ginger, floating on an ethereal cloud of sweet jasmine, subsume the delightful opening. The lighthearted heart is drawn to the strong, woody base with its dry cedar and bright and fresh sandalwood, along with a smattering of evocative incense. The welcoming base is augmented by patchouli with its slight peppery, herbaceous aspects, vetiver with its earthy grassiness as well as radiant labdanum imparting a sweet and salty, vegetal, mossy facet. Thence, the resplendent base meanders to its soft drydown. Really an all-season scent thriving in spring, summer and fall, this mainstream scent is subtly nuanced enough to set it apart. This pleasantly refreshing composition has good longevity and good projection.

I can see growing it on me. There's nothing wrong with it. A solid thumb up.

Very generic, I don't like it at all.

I like BdC. It's versatile, not offensive, and woman seem to like it enough to compliment. I think it's nice to have in a small collection, but can see it fading into the background as a collection grows.

it smelled okay on my skin, but didn't wow me enough to buy it.

It's ok, I'd buy it for £10 maybe. Thumb down.

1 in 3 people on this board dislike the scent. 1 in 300 people in the general public dislike the scent.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

Quote Originally Posted by Kron View Post
    Poor quality, over priced and under developed. A scent for people with no opinion or nouse. I find it a very cynical release.
    Or possibly it's for people with an opinion different from your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian2 View Post
    Or possibly it's for people with an opinion different from your own.
    I wouldn't like to be in the place of say hirch_duckfinder or foetidus - just to name two giga-opinionless-losers with positive reviews... Bad for them, sure.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I'd say it's fairly decent scent, but not worth the money.
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

Banned
    Blog Entries

It's not that we think it's a bad scent.

It's a very good scent.

But it's just that for its high price, the longevity could have been much better.

About 80 USD for 100 ml (3.4 Oz) juice? I don't see it to be high.

A no from me I'm afraid. I find it completely uninspired and forgettable. It may "smell good" to most people but so does a vanilla car air freshener. I expect a more in a fragrance than to have random passers by find it pleasant. Life is too short to wear something like this.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I think people who call it bland & uninspired are missing the point. Yes, it's not avant garde or challenging, but it's not meant to be.
    It's supposed to be a neutral scent which is designed to be able to be worn any time with anything. It's the poor(ish) mans GIT or Invasion Barbare.

I think I do get the point. I just don't think a neutral anytime scent deserves a thumbs up. I think IB is boring too, FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by rubegon View Post
    I think I do get the point. I just don't think a neutral anytime scent deserves a thumbs up. I think IB is boring too, FWIW.
    Just out of curiosity, what would you wear to something like a job interview or funeral or meeting the future in-laws for the 1st time? A loud gourmand? a civety scent?

Scents like BdC or GIT are the plain white shirts of the fragrance world. Not something you want to wear everyday, but an essential in your wardrobe for certain occasions. And BdC is a better quality white shirt than most others on the market.

Definately aromatic woody I don't get any aquatic vibe . I feel it smells unique although so many people wearing it may make it not unique. Does take a few wearing to appreciate. Very good not great definately a thumbs up!

I think it's pretty good, though not my favorite. Wife and daughter like it, too

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I find it to be an above average scent. If it were not a Chanel, more people would probably give it praise.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol invictus View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what would you wear to something like a job interview or funeral or meeting the future in-laws for the 1st time? A loud gourmand? a civety scent?

Scents like BdC or GIT are the plain white shirts of the fragrance world. Not something you want to wear everyday, but an essential in your wardrobe for certain occasions. And BdC is a better quality white shirt than most others on the market.
    There are options other than studied mediocrity, smelling like a Cinnabon and Tiger Ass Extreme, you know.

To each his own, but I would wear no fragrance to a job interview, and probably a traditional masculine to a funeral or meeting with future in-laws - Chanel Pour Monsieur, Gucci Nobile, Knize Ten, or Aramis. There are probably a handful of others I'd consider appropriate in my collection.

I agree with you - white shirts are essential. Those are mine. I like my white shirts classically designed and well-constructed - not "fashionable".

Quote Originally Posted by Jridgen View Post
    1 in 3 people on this board dislike the scent. 1 in 300 people in the general public dislike the scent.
    Basically a summary of BDC from top to bottom.
    The sense of smell, like a faithful counsellor, foretells its character.

Quote Originally Posted by inc0gnito View Post
    Basically a summary of BDC from top to bottom.
    You mean 2/3 of the basenotes community is an opinionless mass-market-lover moron?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    You mean 2/3 of the basenotes community is an opinionless mass-market-lover moron?
    Only 2/3rds - as opposed to 99.7% of the rest of the world - assuming the 1 in 300 is accurate (and I seriously doubt it is).

No offense to those that like it - I respect and admire at least one person that loves this stuff. I just don't agree with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Dior Fahrenheit is a mass market frag, but gets lots of love on BN. Just because a scent is popular or designer doesn't make it bad or those who like it morons.