Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Dior homme vs Dior homme intense vs L'instant de guerlain vs L'instant de guerlain extreme ?

Voters
150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dior homme

23 15.33%
  • L'instant de guerlain

14 9.33%
  • Dior homme intense

58 38.67%
  • L'instant de guerlain extreme

55 36.67%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
o

Default Re: Dior homme vs Dior homme intense vs L'instant de guerlain vs L'instant de guerlain extreme

+1 LIDGE. DHI smells like someone put lipstick all over you then slapped you with a bag of cocoa powder.
    Last edited by prodigy1985; 24th July 2019 at 05:16 AM.

Default Re: Dior homme vs Dior homme intense vs L'instant de guerlain vs L'instant de guerlain extreme

LIDG is king here for me. Too much hype surrounding DH and DHI. Plus I find it hard to smell like lipstick.

Was "googl-ing" and i must say this is the first poll which i see DHI losing, and this tells me i should defo try out L'instant de guerlain extreme, lucky for me i got a decant of it on order

How similar are they?
    1. Dior - Homme/Intense (vintage)

Creed - Aventus

Amouage - Jubilation XXV

Amouage - Reflection Man

Dior - Feve Delicious

Hermes - Terre d'Hermes

Parfums De Marly - Herod

Tom Ford - Oud Wood

Serge Lutens - Chergui

10. Lalique - Encre Noire Extreme

Life's too short for average fragrances.

Basenotes Plus

DHI is much more overwhelming for me. I like LIDGE in the evening, but my wife doesn't dig it. Maybe she'll come around..
    Currently wearing: Gentlemen Only by Givenchy

Today i tested LIPH, and to me, it has older/mature - cologne/aftershave vibe to it, and i didn't like the citrus/sour notes in it. Mostly the older - mature/aftershave like vibe ruin it for me. The performance are great if we ignore the other segment, like 8h+ longevity and still going strong.

Edit, still going strong, 10h+ lol.
    Last edited by psyside; 28th July 2015 at 10:21 AM.

Creed - Aventus

Amouage - Jubilation XXV

Amouage - Reflection Man

Dior - Feve Delicious

Hermes - Terre d'Hermes

Parfums De Marly - Herod

Tom Ford - Oud Wood

Serge Lutens - Chergui

Default Dior homme vs Dior homme intense vs L'instant de guerlain vs L'instant de gue...

LIDG LIDGE is the patchouli version of DH DHI's Iris note. LIDGE is one of my worst blind buys ever. I'd much rather wear Rive Gauche if I want patchouli and anise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Some day's you're the statue and some days you're the pigeon.

DHI for me! Then DH.

I´m not a fan of L'instant de Guerlain or L'instant de Guerlain Extreme.

Blog Entries

Dior Homme is in last place? What has become of this world? It's a smooth operator(iris). DHI and DH all the way!!!
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

For my personal taste, DH and DHI are just too feminine

I love LIDGE, but others sometimes find it a bit challenging, and there are fewer occasions when I think it's appropriate

LIDG is versatile, beautiful, and a crowd pleaser, at least for me

Pollux

Really? Dior Homme Parfum.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
    Dior Homme is in last place? What has become of this world? It's a smooth operator(iris). DHI and DH all the way!!!
    Might have to do with the fact that it smells like ladies' perfume mixed with lipstick and powdery foundation :oP

It's not that it smells bad, I think it smells great, but when I need an example that masculine and feminine are marketing terms unrelated to the actual scent, that's my go-to example.

Banned

Last edited by rulopbo; 28th August 2015 at 12:31 AM.

DH> everything, ever created.

Creed - Aventus

Amouage - Jubilation XXV

Amouage - Reflection Man

Dior - Feve Delicious

Hermes - Terre d'Hermes

Parfums De Marly - Herod

Tom Ford - Oud Wood

Serge Lutens - Chergui

dhi for me

LIDGE for me, simply amazing

Banned

Last edited by rulopbo; 28th August 2015 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rulopbo View Post
    I also think that placing these Guerlain´s in a poll against the Dior´s, is an offense to the Dior´s...

P.S.
    Please do not take it personal Guerlain lovers... I´m not shooting at you... I´m shooting at the perfumes...
    Have to completely disagree with you there. I have yet to get a single compliment on any Dior fragrance, yes including DHI, and I have yet to try one that I like nearly as much as a Guerlain.

Banned

Last edited by rulopbo; 28th August 2015 at 12:14 AM.

What? LIDGE is amazing, and for sure very close to.or same league as..DHI, its a more classy - elegant version, a bit less versatile but yet amazing.

If you want to put some fragrance above LIDGE, and everything else, its DH, not DHI.

Creed - Aventus

Amouage - Jubilation XXV

Amouage - Reflection Man

Dior - Feve Delicious

Hermes - Terre d'Hermes

Parfums De Marly - Herod

Tom Ford - Oud Wood

Serge Lutens - Chergui

Quote Originally Posted by rulopbo View Post
    Same here Casiquire... I´ve never ever received any compliment with the Diors.
    But I received LOTS of negative comments with L´Instant pour l´vieil homme... I´ve never tried the extreme but I would pass on trying it...

You and I should compare our thoughts and compliments from our designers one of this days... I might PM you later or tomorrow.
    I found it AMAZING and UNBELIEVABLE the compliments you get from some...
    I've received a few compliments from L'Instant, but it's not a projection monster so only in close situations.

As for DHI, I had to ask one of my co-workers "Do you like what I'm wearing?" Usually she tells me, immediately. She said she didn't smell anything, this was within two hours of applying. I shoved my wrist under her nose and she said "It's alright." Pretty ho-hum. I asked if it smelled feminine because to me there's not a drop of masculinity in it, and her opinion was "the powderiness makes it less feminine, but I don't like it as much as I like the other ones you wear".

The only place where my opinion differed from hers was I don't think any amount of powder can make this smell less like the makeup and women's fragrance aisle.

And I'm not particularly uptight about gender boundaries either, I've worn Shalimar Parfum Initial L'eau, Mitsouko, etc. out in public.
    Last edited by Casiquire; 14th August 2015 at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by psyside View Post
    What? LIDGE is amazing, and for sure very close to.or same league as..DHI, its a more classy - elegant version, a bit less versatile but yet amazing.

If you want to put some fragrance above LIDGE, and everything else, its DH, not DHI.
    Hang on a few posts ago I thought you didn't like it much, we're you referring to the EDT? Just clarifying, thanks!

Yes, the EDT is bad, EDP is gr8.

Creed - Aventus

Amouage - Jubilation XXV

Amouage - Reflection Man

Dior - Feve Delicious

Hermes - Terre d'Hermes

Parfums De Marly - Herod

Tom Ford - Oud Wood

Serge Lutens - Chergui

LIDGE (1) and Dior Homme "Parfum" (2).
    Currently wearing: Lui by Mazzolari

DHI since the current version of DH isn't good

Vintage DH beats them all

L'instant de guerlain extreme

DIOR HOMME
    THE COLOGNNOISSEUR
    OMAHA, NE
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by Cade321 View Post
    I own DHI and have tried LIDG, but can't find LIDGE anywhere. I've been checking Strawberrynet.com a few times a day to see if it comes available. Does anyone know if they still get it in occasionally?

Partially a lie - I was able to find a few bottles on Ebay, but they are $100+ and i'm not terribly trusting of Ebay as a source of fragrances (especially expensive ones).
    You can find it on beautyspin for about $50-60 for a full bottle.
    Currently wearing: Vetiver by Guerlain

For me:
    DHI (first reformulation) > LIDGE > LIDG > DH

L'instant Extreeme

Quote Originally Posted by Darvant View Post
    LIDGE (1) and Dior Homme "Parfum" (2).
    Same. Love the star anise in the former and the ramped-up leather in the latter.