Code of Conduct

Default Thoughts on Black Tea by Murdock

Im trying to track down this scent and believe i can get it quite close to home in the Northern wasteslands i live in - Edinburgh - but wondered if anyone had tried it and their thoughts. And as a cologne does it have any staying power?
    my current bottles

cuir de russie chanel
    guerlain vetiver
    colonia intensa AdParma
    1870 opus penhaligons
    london burberry
    prada amber pour homme
    guerlain homme l'eau boisee
    YSL rive gauche pour homme
    Eux des Baux L'Occitane
    diptyque 34 Boulevard Saint Germain

Default Re: Thoughts on Black Tea by Murdock

I've tried a few of their scents on my hand and some definitely were quite strong and long lasting. I can't remember black tea though.

But I thought I'd help you out with tracking it down. Some of the larger John Lewis stores carry the Murdock line. I've seen them in Nottingham store for example. You can of course order online from John Lewis or Liberty in London or even Murdock directly.

I have a full bottle of this which I purchased online from John Lewis and I love this juice. The following is my review which encapsulates how I feel about the scent:

It opens with a fresh soft spicyness with clove, basil and nutmeg and smells really good. This is followed by a really wonderful black tea note that makes the scent a bit refreshing. As time moves forward you get some leather mixing in with the masculine spice followed by a musky woodyness. The scent has arm length projection and starts to quiten down after four hours then becoming a skin scent by hour five which is not bad for a cologne as some EDT's have the same longevity.

The fragrance is of a high quality and the way the leather and spice mix together is good and I'm especially impressed with the strong black tea note which adds a extra dimension to the leather and spice. It is very masculine and a good modern barbershop cologne showing how the barbershop cologne has evolved compared to Trumpers, Floris scents etc.

Thanks to you both. John Lewis and the ever wonderful Jenners of Edinburgh would appear to have it and thanks Jack for the review. Just makes me want to seek it out faster. Glad to hear it has staying powertoo. Ill come back with my thoughts when i find it.
    my current bottles

cuir de russie chanel
    guerlain vetiver
    colonia intensa AdParma
    1870 opus penhaligons
    london burberry
    prada amber pour homme
    Eux des Baux L'Occitane

Quote Originally Posted by tonyreekie View Post
    Thanks to you both. John Lewis and the ever wonderful Jenners of Edinburgh would appear to have it and thanks Jack for the review. Just makes me want to seek it out faster. Glad to hear it has staying powertoo. Ill come back with my thoughts when i find it.
    You'll probably be able to test it in-store in John Lewis, before buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by HDD8 View Post
    You'll probably be able to test it in-store in John Lewis, before buying it.
    Yes i certainly wont doing a blind buy on this one. Ill try it and see if i like it after the storm tries to blast it away for a few hours!
    my current bottles

cuir de russie chanel
    guerlain vetiver
    colonia intensa AdParma
    1870 opus penhaligons
    london burberry
    prada amber pour homme
    Eux des Baux L'Occitane

its available in harvey nichols in edinburgh. u will find it in the mens clothing section.
    anyone else gets below average performance with this one?

Basenotes Plus

We can't get it here in the US, but I recently got a nice 10ml decant in a swap with another BN member. Lovely fragrance, very low-key, personal scent really, beautifully rendered. But yes, longevity is not the greatest on this one, maybe 4 hours or so. If you like it, it's probably a good idea to have a small atomizer on you and refresh mid-day to keep the Black Tea notes going - totally worth it, despite the relatively short longevity.

It's a really nice scent but it just doesn't last on my skin - it's a real shame as I find myself often reaching for the bottle but deciding against it based on nothing other than longevity

It last's longer if applied to your clothing. I usually spray a few shots to my chest and the scent sticks to my shirt and this improves the longevity for me.

i sprayed it 10 hours ago on my skin. i can still smell it slightly but i think the projection is not good