Code of Conduct

Default Creed Jardin d’Amalfi - It's Gorgeous!

This opens with a lovely citrus and then blooms into a gorgeous combo of Neroli and Rose and it smells incredible. The neroli in this Creed is the best quality neroli I have ever smelled in a fragrance. Now the scent does have other notes but for me all I can smell is the rose & neroli. It's also a bit on the feminine side but with all the unisex scents about these days I think a man can get away with wearing this one.

Has anyone else smelled this one as it's been a good while since I was wowed by a new Creed.

Default Re: Creed Jardin d’Amalfi - It's Gorgeous!

Smelled this at the Creed Boutique in NY about a year ago. Very nice.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Have to agree, very nice scent. Too bad it is one pricey exclusive.

Post Thanks / Like

It's superb. It's one of the best openings I've ever smelled.
    My current favorites:

Bleu De Chanel, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Zino Davidoff, Dior Homme Intense, Creed Royal Oud, M7 (all versions), Chanel Egoiste, Dior Homme Sport, and Thierry Mugler Pure Malt.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. Great fragrance.

Post Thanks / Like

I do like the scent (enough to have participated in a split of it), but I do have reservations about it. Creed lists it as a universal fragrance, but as you said, it's definitely feminine. But I'm hoping not overly so. The only other problem I have with it is the very late dry down. I get some kind of sour smell and my nose doesn't like it. It's not a powdery smell (like ambergris), it's something else.

The top and middle notes are good, though, and JdA seems to have good longevity, as all the expensive Creed Royal Exclusives do.

My favorite of the Royal Exclusives remains Pure White Cologne, followed by Spice and Wood.

It is amazing. I agree that it leans a little to close to the feminine side, but in the right situations it is great! I am a huge fan of all the Royal Exclusives.
    In fact, I am wearing Spice & Wood at the moment, and really enjoying that - it is the perfect time of year for it! Pure White Cologne is one of my favorites also, but is a warm weather one, and fall is coming fast...

Just 3 more reasons why Creed is #1 IMO, with no close second.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Brückner - Aoud 1
    4. Armani Privé - Oud Royal
    5. by Kilian - Incense Oud
    6. Dior - Vetiver
    7. Les Nez - Turtle Vetiver Back
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Amouage - Jubilation XXV
    10. Creed - Royal English Leather

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I love that one. Perfectly unisex.
    Close second is Spice and Wood.

Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic scent, no doubt. And perfectly unisex. My wife loves it as well as my son.

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful scent. Agree that it's perfectly unisex. Doesn't feel right wearing it in this appalling UK weather though!

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard a lot of good things about it.

How 'rosy' is it in comparison to say "Lumiere Noir?" I think LN is great, but the rose just gets a little overbearing to me at times (but that opening...maybe the best opening of anything I've experienced).

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    I've heard a lot of good things about it.

How 'rosy' is it in comparison to say "Lumiere Noir?" I think LN is great, but the rose just gets a little overbearing to me at times (but that opening...maybe the best opening of anything I've experienced).
    It's not as rosy as LN to me as it's blended really well with the Neroli. And together it's a match made in heaven.

Post Thanks / Like

I really like it. Too bad it is sold in a quite unapproachable method (except splits), both very pricey and 250 ml.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by leto View Post
    I really like it. Too bad it is sold in a quite unapproachable method (except splits), both very pricey and 250 ml.
    It is now being sold in a 1-oz travel size for the low price of only $205.00.

I purchased a flacon of JdA at Neiman's in Vegas last year and decided this year I never want to be without it. But when Creed decided on a ridiculous $70 price increase, I ran over to Beautyencounter.com and was lucky enough to get a second at the old $570 - a 10% coupon code I found.

I'm always mildly confused when people say this fragrance is feminine. I refuse to wear anything that is even remotely feminine just because I'd rather smell them on a female. JdA is about as unisex as anything I've ever tried, and some of the more popular men's fragrances that have rose in them are more feminine to me.

This, at the moment, is by far my favorite scent in my collection not only because of the scent itself, but because of its versatility. JdA would be perfect for any situation. Fantastic scent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    It is now being sold in a 1-oz travel size for the low price of only $205.00.
    Wow I should exploit this great deal

Post Thanks / Like

I like this scent as well, but it was a bit too feminine for my taste. I ended up getting in on a split of it so I can give to my wife. She really enjoys wearing it and I enjoy smelling it on her.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    This opens with a lovely citrus and then blooms into a gorgeous combo of Neroli and Rose and it smells incredible. The neroli in this Creed is the best quality neroli I have ever smelled in a fragrance. Now the scent does have other notes but for me all I can smell is the rose & neroli. It's also a bit on the feminine side but with all the unisex scents about these days I think a man can get away with wearing this one.

Has anyone else smelled this one as it's been a good while since I was wowed by a new Creed.
    What are the notes for this wonderful scent, BNoters with the better noses?

I get a lot of pink pepper (a little too much, actually) and a most beautiful citrus in the opening, then it goes into a well-blended heart with the neroli and vetiver. I do not find it particularly feminine; it does feel more unisex.

Post Thanks / Like

Notes for JdA, according to the creedboutique.com website

▪ Top note: Tangerine, bergamot, pink berries, neroli.
    ▪ Middle note: Virginia cedar, French apple, Bulgarian rose.
    ▪ Base note: Vetiver from Haiti, white musk, cinnamon.

I wanted to get Selection Verte for next summer so I asked for a sample and I also asked to get Jardin D'Amalfi. I really liked SV until I tried JdA. It's a wonderful fragrance and great for summer. I loved it.
    I'm still not quite sure on which one I should get due to the difference in price between the two.
    Which one do you prefer regardless of price??

thanks

Selection Verte did nothing for me when I tried it. I thought it was just ok but Jardin d’Amalfi has totally wowed me. For me I think the 30ml travel size is the way to go as it's so expensive.
    Last edited by Jack Hunter; 27th September 2012 at 12:48 AM.

Selection Verte is OK, but has by far the worst longevity of any Creed I've ever tried. Actually, as short as any fragrance I've ever tried.

Post Thanks / Like

SV has very good longevity in my experience.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Selection Verte did nothing for me when I tried it. I thought it was just ok but Jardin d’Amalfi has totally wowed me. For me I think the 30ml travel size is the way to go as it's so expensive.
    Or, partake in one of the splits going on for 50ml and less expensive.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I layered Jardin with Royal Oud, it was incredible !

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This sounds really great. I hope I can get a sniff soon!

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII
    Post Thanks / Like

How does it compare to Malle's Portrait of a Lady? Is it as amazing?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Jack Hunter, you've piqued my interest, that's for sure.

By the way, I found Spice and Wood, albeit a pleasant and refined journey, lacks any real pizzazz. Moreover, regrettably, the projection flees after the first hour and the longevity is rather stunted as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dollars&scents View Post
    Jack Hunter, you've piqued my interest, that's for sure.

By the way, I found Spice and Wood, albeit a pleasant and refined journey, lacks any real pizzazz. Moreover, regrettably, the projection flees after the first hour and the longevity is rather stunted as well.
    I agree with you D&S, I tried S&W along with the Jardin and it came across to me as a less complex and youthful version of Fredrick Malles French Lover. It was pleasant but not distinctive enough as I already have a bottle of French Lover.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    How does it compare to Malle's Portrait of a Lady? Is it as amazing?
    It is every bit as amazing - but quite different.

Poal is loud and rose/patch dominated. Jd'A is softer, smoother and dominated by citrus notes. Jd'A doesn't have the sillage or longevity that PoaL has.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Brückner - Aoud 1
    4. Armani Privé - Oud Royal
    5. by Kilian - Incense Oud
    6. Dior - Vetiver
    7. Les Nez - Turtle Vetiver Back
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Amouage - Jubilation XXV
    10. Creed - Royal English Leather

Yes, it did the same for me. If Creed would offer the Exclusives in 4 oz, I would certainly get a bottle.
    Would be nice to have someone near my place that would go for a split.
    My next purchase is Tribute and then I will look for JdA.

thanks for the tips and info.

I have been reading basenotes for at least 2 years now. I don't post much but I would like to thank all of you for your input. I have learned a great deal reading all your posts. Again, thanks to all of you.

Well I am not going to lie, I am wowed by a lot of Creed (Aventus not one of them). Jardin D'Amalfi is georgeous. I really want a bottle but I don't want to refinance the house for one. lol.

I am not great at describing fragrances but all I can say is that it has a citrus floral vibe that is so natural smelling. It has that expensive smell to it that I get when I am wowed by something.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks to a wonderful BNer who sent me a sample of this, I concur completely. I know that guys rave about Windsor as a sophisticated rose for guys, and I totally agree, but this is hands-down my choice over Windsor. I am not a fan of eucalyptus, but I'm a huge fan of neroli, and this delivers a great one. The rose here is a little more ornate than Windsor - and I know that for some guys that translates as feminine - but it's not nearly as much as something like Fleurs de Bulgarie - closer to Fleur de The Rose Bulgare. The citrus, fruit, and other notes bring it back to a good spot for guys. Overall femininity is no more than Windsor, but it lacks that shave-my-stubble-in-the-morning eucalyptus thing that just smelled wrong on my wife.

Totally unlike Portrait of a Lady. PoaL is like cabernet sauvignon - deep and red. This is somewhere between a white with a few drops of rosé added. No need to pick one over the other.

Amazing dress-up scent. I'm going to love this in the spring, too, but I agree that it's versatile.

For me, the secret is the apple. Creed has total game on fruit notes right now - they have it down to a science of perfection, the way they had citrus fougčre down in GIT, and similar harmonics in MI and SMW. If you smell the new Acqua Fiorentina, it's *hugely* improved by the apple twist they put on it. The old version smelled like Creed does High School Girly Fruity Floral for Debutantes. It was excellent (I have it), but it simply doesn't compare with the new version. I was blown away by the difference. Same here. Great scent!

In addition to my anonymous benefactor, I want to thank Jack Hunter for posting this thread. You steered me right on Égoďste's rose, and you steered me right this time, too!

You know, I'm gonna be honest. If Creed keeps putting out stuff like this, I am quite OK with the trade-offs of retiring sleepers like Orange Spice and Santal Imperial. Yes, the old boys were wonderful scents, but damn it, so is this, and this is hot off the press.

Glad you like it Redneck it has gone straight to the top of my to buy list. The sheer quality and beauty is mindblowing with this one. This fragrance is the 2nd one after vintage Amouage Homage that stopped me in my tracks and totally wowed me when I first tried. it. A sheer beauty and that rose & neroli combo is just wonderful, as I said before the best neroli I have ever smelled.

Post Thanks / Like

Am I the only one that thinks it smells very similar to LeLabo Bergamonte 22? Maybe even Orange Sanguine?
    Im not going to lie to you; that smells like pure gasoline.

Bump

I have a nice split of this juice and I have been wearing it for seven hours today for the first time since I tried it a few times on a card in a store. It is gorgeous, I went out to a family meal at a restaurant and got three compliments all within a space of a hour.

It has three main acts, the first act on application is the bergamont, lemon and really nice realistic tangerine note. This then leads into the heart of the scent with a beautiful neroli and rose whilst still having the fruit notes lingering. I have to say again the neroli in this scent is heavenly. The final act comes in the basenotes where you get a musky vetiver with cinnamon and ambergris with the neroli lingering. And thats what I'm left with now is a lovely ambergris and neroli just projecting lightly off me.

Am I wowed by this scent, I most certainly am and I cannot wait to wear this in the Spring/Summer. Happy days!

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a big fan of Creed. IMO this is a nice scent but doesn't rise to bottle worthy because of the price. I own Pure Wh ite so I'm willing to pay if it's truly exceptional. This doesn't quite get there for me.

Post Thanks / Like

In case someone doesn't know....

If anyone would love to own Jardin d'Amalfi, Pure White Cologne, or Spice and Wood, but are avoiding them because of the cost, the best way to get them is via one of the splits offered here on Basenotes. 1 oz. of one of these fragrances is $205 if you buy it yourself, but you can get 1.7 oz. through one of the splits here on Basenotes for around $142.00. You just can't beat that.
    Last edited by RedRaider430; 2nd December 2012 at 06:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

One on Creed's best recent releases.

- - - Updated - - -

One on Creed's best recent releases.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

So r there any fragrances out there which smells almost the same as Jardin d'Amalfi..? Just curious to c which perfume is on par on this gorgeous scent.

Yep, splits r much cheaper and i believe Kron's holding a split as well! Not gonna miss it haha.

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely gorgeous juice, it has to be one of my favourites. Can hardly wait for the warmer weather so that I can wear it more often...Creed keeps impressing me!

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree with all the high praise. I've ordered my split.

Special thanks to Jack Hunter who took the time to help a newbie.

A real gentleman.

i ordered a sample, i hope it's as good as everybody says..

I ordered a sample since I love Neroli and it sounded like exactly something I'd like.
    Unfortunately, I found it nothing special. It has citrus, some neroli and doesn't stand out from so many other fragrances that are similar to it.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Got my sample today,i think it smells nice but nothing outstanding. I'll hold on to my sample for the warmer weather and see if i change my mind..

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, this one also stopped me in my tracks yesterday at the fragrance counter and is a stand out Creed in my opinion. Today I applied just a drop on my wrist from a tester and I absolutely cannot stop sniffing now 6 hours later. Beautiful rose and neroli athough I'm not quite getting the vetiver/cinnamon just yet. Really looking forward to a full wear.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, this one also stopped me in my tracks yesterday at the fragrance counter and is a stand out Creed in my opinion. Today I applied just a drop on my wrist from a tester and I absolutely cannot stop sniffing now 6 hours later. Beautiful rose and neroli athough I'm not quite getting the vetiver/cinnamon just yet. Really looking forward to a full wear.

IMO this one is a great frag. Definitely unisex. The citrus and floral combo is amazing. The neroli note reminded me of Neroli Portifino, but JDA is a bit more refined and the intial sharpness of NP is non existent (big fan of Neroli Portifino). Creed exceeded themselves with this one IMO.