Code of Conduct

Thread: Tom Ford Noir

Default Tom Ford Noir

Hey everyone!

So - in my last thread I asked for suggestions for a replacement of my *treasured-and-adored-yet-tragically-discontinued* Tea for Two. i actually managed to find a bottle on amazon.ca so i've got that sorted at least for a while.

during my trip to new york, i went into Bloomingdales and the lady there recommended Tom Ford "Noir". she gave me a sample and i am literally IN LOVE.

tragically - i left before i could buy it. and when i go on amazon or ebay the only thing i see is "Noir de Noir". which, in the basenotes directory sounds like it's the same thing. so essentially - i just need to confirm that these are, in fact, the exact same eau de parfum. and i'm curious if that's the case - does anyone know why the two different names?

Default Re: Tom Ford Noir

Noir de Noir and TF Noir are not the same thing.

Tom FOrd Noir is rather NEW (Not Noire de Noire, its been around)

oh. random! ok -- so now after a bit of digging, i see that it's a new fragrance.

here's the blurb:

Tom Ford will launch Tom Ford Noir in October. Tom Ford Noir will be the third fragrance for men in the brand’s Signature collection, after 2007′s Tom Ford for Men and 2009′s Grey Vetiver.

The notes include bergamot, verbena, caraway, baie rose, violet flower, black pepper, nutmeg, iris, geranium, rose, clary sage, opoponax, amber, patchouli, vetiver, civet and vanilla.

Tom Ford Noir will be available in 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum.

i can't find any information on the internet that suggests it's being sold in canada yet. **ugh!!** so perhaps i'll check basenotes marketplace and see if anyone there has it or will have it to sell. OR i'll just have to wait a month til i'm back in NYC.

anyway - not sure if this helps anyone or not, but to MY nose, it smells a bit like a mix between the first PRADA men's fragrance and CdG 2Man. but i'm in love.

Not the same as others have said - 'Noir de Noir' is from the Private Blend line, as opposed to the 'signature' line, of which plain simple 'Noir' is the very latest addition.

'Noir' is also significantly cheaper than 'Noir de Noir'.

On the Tea for Two matter, I'm sure that if you look hard enough, you'll still be able to find it right now? This is just a guess though, I haven't searched myself. I doubt my 50ml bottle will ever get finished - and not because I don't enjoy it, purely due to my ever growing collection!