Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Best men scent with a burnt marshmellow or vanilla basenotes that are unmistakablely manly ?

Help ?!?!....no tabacco

Default Re: Best men scent with a burnt marshmellow or vanilla basenotes that are unmistakablely manly ?

Molinard Vanille

No tobacco, pure sweet vanilla, some burnt sugar
    "...call on God, but row away from the rocks..."

Default Re: Best men scent with a burnt marshmellow or vanilla basenotes that are unmistakablely manly ?

Perhaps Givenchy Pi.

Love By Kilian is vanilla and marshmallow but its certainly not overtly manly

heritage: burnt vanilla in a very manly way. EDP has a more pronounced vanilla

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Pour_Monsieur View Post
    Love By Kilian is vanilla and marshmallow but its certainly not overtly manly
    I think if you scratch your genitals while wearing it, then it would be OK.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Could I not just scratch someone elses ?

And this thread is going in some awkward, different direction :

@thread starter: Pi, Body Kouros, Le Male (sometimes regarded as somewhat feminine though)

John Varvatos 10th Anniversary Edition has something of a toasted marshmallow note to it - along with a subtle chocolate note. Some may think this is not "manly" though, as I'm reminded of one breakfast out, post-college night binge where I asked the waitress for hot cocoa while everyone else asked for coffee. I still haven't lived that one down. "Hot cocoa? Do you want an umbrella with that?".
    The Bark Bites Back.

Originally Posted by petruccijc
    Could I not just scratch someone elses ?
    geezus .... just get on with it & scratch

Blog Entries

Something that is neither burnt nor vanilla that has that overall effect in a big way is Hermèssence Vétiver Tonka. The vetiver gives the powdery, vanilla-like tonka a "burnt" edge. It's very high-quality - it doesn't come off like those cheap BBW-type burnt vanillas, or vanilla candles. And no tobacco.

That Molinard sounds very interesting, scentaddiction!

Blog Entries

A manly vanilla...I'll get the guys who wear FEMALE fragrances to give you "the talk" (Basenotes one that is) about fragrances and gender.

I recommend Givenchy Pi. It's not toasted marshmallow not its very much marshmallow-like

Quote Originally Posted by scentaddiction View Post
    Molinard Vanille

No tobacco, pure sweet vanilla, some burnt sugar
    Never heard of this one. I may have to try it sometime...

Frapin 1270 I get that vibe. Very nice stuff

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Larwiz View Post
    Never heard of this one. I may have to try it sometime...
    I love this one. Really smooth and yummy and very inexpenive. Don't let the price throw you-it's worth a try.
    Staying power is not great however at that price you can reapply.

I also recommend pi. It's a heavier scent than Molinard Vanille.

Rochas Man - very heavy on burnt sugar notes.

Though, some say this is a bit uni sex, I would suggest Lolita Lempicka. I get a nice vanilla marshmallowey dry down.

Also, Just popped my cherry on Basenotes!!!

Flibustier

Scratching and cherry popping, now that's manly...I'd also say Rochas Man or Hanae Mori
    Your nostrils, which will dilate immesurably in unspeakable contentment, in motionless ecstasy, will ask nothing better for space, for they will be full of fragrance, as if perfumes and incense; for they will be glutted with complete happiness, like angels who dwell in the peace and magnificence of pleasent heaven.
    (From Maldoror by Comte de Lautreamont)

Blog Entries

It's been awhile since I smelled this, but I remember Kenneth Cole Reaction Thermal smelled like toasted marshmallows to me. I think it has been discontinued, but you can still find it online.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GangstaGage6 View Post
    Though, some say this is a bit uni sex, I would suggest Lolita Lempicka. I get a nice vanilla marshmallowey dry down.

Also, Just popped my cherry on Basenotes!!!
    LOL

I couldn't figure out what note you were talking about until I saw your post count (1)!!!

Welcome to Basenotes, Gangsta!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JickyMan View Post
    ...I'd also say Rochas Man or Hanae Mori
    Yeah, the HM EDP REALLY has that burnt thing!

Guerlain's Spiriteuse Double Vanille. Very masculine vanilla. One of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by neal View Post
    Guerlain's Spiriteuse Double Vanille. Very masculine vanilla. One of my favorites.
    Great suggestion- my husband loves this one!

Not a note, just the type of vibe that I get from it off of my skin.

Thank you! I appreciate it

Banned

Please sample Vanille 44 by Le Labo.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GangstaGage6 View Post
    Not a note, just the type of vibe that I get from it off of my skin.

Thank you! I appreciate it
    No problem! Actually, I was just kidding you about the "cherry" note!

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    No problem! Actually, I was just kidding you about the "cherry" note!
    Ahh, I get ya now!

+1 on Givenchy Pi. I got this recently and I'm nuts about it. Perfect for cold winter nights.

Quote Originally Posted by NEoTY26 View Post
    Please sample Vanille 44 by Le Labo.
    I second this one.
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

The Molinard is very nice!!!
    Gary

+1 for Eau des Baux for a masculine vanilla.

For the burnt marshmallow I will suggest Dior Fahrenheit Absolute.

+1 for Body Kouros... I get a burnt/toasted cotton candy/vanilla vibe from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    +1 for Body Kouros... I get a burnt/toasted cotton candy/vanilla vibe from it.
    +2 Body Kouros has a burnt sugar vibe up top for sure.

No one yet for Givenchy Play Intense? I get a ton of the roasted marshmallow along with some chocolate and coffee....like a campfire s'more. Seriously under-rated frag in my book. Gets a ton of compliments. I hated it when I first smelled it on paper but on the dry down it is just lovely and sillage is perfect.
    TOP 5
    1. Montale Wild Aoud
    2. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    3. Montale Red Vetyver
    4. Montale Aoud Lime
    5. Le Labo Vetiver 46

Creativity is more than just being different. Anybody can plan weird; that's easy. What's hard is to be as simple as Bach. Making the simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.
    Charles Mingus

There are some hints of marshmallow in Reflection Man. Also, +1 Play Intense.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Basenotes Institution

Something that is neither burnt nor vanilla that has that overall effect in a big way is Hermèssence Vétiver Tonka. The vetiver gives the powdery, vanilla-like tonka a "burnt" edge. It's very high-quality - it doesn't come off like those cheap BBW-type burnt vanillas, or vanilla candles. And no tobacco...
    Bingo - that's what I was thinking!

+2 to Pi.

I cant feel the vanilla at Body Kuorus

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Patchouli 24 by Le Labo here. Sorry for the late reply, but it's exactly what you're looking for. It starts off with a motor oil infused burnt marshmallow note and then dries down to patchouli, vanilla and amber. Masculine vanilla if there ever was one!
    Sales thread here

PG's Aomassi maybe?

+1 for Eau des Baux. It also smells pretty masculine to me.

Pink Suggar by Aquolina has burnt suggar.

In fact, that is all it has lol!

Banned

This one is out of left field, but because the OP asked for 'marshmallow' one fragrance with that specific note comes to mind: the new Guerlain La Petit Robe Noir No.2. A green blend of galbanum and orange blossom dries down to a leathery vanilla. Guerlain lists the vanilla note as 'marshmallow'. I believe this to be the result of the same ingredient used in By Kilians Love that gives it that pastry-like vanilla aroma.

fountain

now that's a bit of a hard one. what's unmistakably manly, one's inclined to ask.

Depending on your nose you could get this from A*Men

Yeah, the HM EDP REALLY has that burnt thing!
    Apparently, this is sarcasm, but please be sure to note that however, as some people might not realise this.

I'd say Givenchy Pi. I have become a fan of this fragrance and if you want to smell like vanilla and/or toasted marshmallows, at least in the designer genre, I can think of no better choice. It doesn't arrive at a vanilla smell toward the end of it's life like Rochas Man, Hanae Mori "HM" EDP, Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin, UltraRed by Paco Rabanne, JPG's Le Male, or even Baldessarini Ambre. Believe me, vanilla is my single favourite fragrance note, as you may be able to tell from my wardrobe!!! ;-) Natural vanilla bean is also one of my favourite smells in the world. If you want a nice, but manly, toasty marshmallow, ride on the Vanilla Express from start to finish, just reach for Givenchy Pi. It's what it's there for.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Ha ha ha ha!

Quote Originally Posted by L'Aventurier View Post
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned Patchouli 24 by Le Labo here. Sorry for the late reply, but it's exactly what you're looking for. It starts off with a motor oil infused burnt marshmallow note and then dries down to patchouli, vanilla and amber. Masculine vanilla if there ever was one!
    Yup, that was my first thought too.

Patchouli 24 is a bit like occult s'mores. It's amazing.
    My Top Ten:

1: Guerlain - Habit Rouge
    2: Guerlain - Jicky
    3: Guerlain - Mouchoir de Monsieur
    4: Guerlain - Shalimar
    5: Knize - Knize Ten
    6: Caron - Yatagan
    7: Caron - Pour Un Homme
    8: Jean Desprez - Bal a Versailles
    9: Yves Saint Laurent - M7
    10: Salvador Dali - Dali Pour Homme

I came in here expecting some lulz as the notion of those notes+manly doesn't gel for me. But I see a consensus forming around Patchouli24...yet another one to add to the list...my wallet is imporing me to stop coming to this site.
    "Geez, when are the 'We love Aventus' T-shirts coming out?"
    (Possum-Pie, 2012)

Rochas Man or Animale Animale.

Another vote for Rochas Man

Tom Ford's Amber Absolute has a serious burnt marshmallow thing going on and it's decidedly masculine.

Marshmallow and vanilla -- Tonka Imperiale.

Quote Originally Posted by NewHaarlem View Post
    Marshmallow and vanilla -- Tonka Imperiale.

Eh...I get Marzipan and cherries and vanilla.

the last bit "the manly" part ruins what I'd recommend...but fuck it....By Kilian Love is the definitive marshmallow fragrance. It's for women, and smells like a sweet, sweet marshmallow, and as a dude I'd totally rock that (in a DHI kind of way). Not masculine at all though....having said that it's very sexy, sweet, and marshmallowy.

I been putting Patchouli 24 to the side for awhile. I really need to sample that. I have been burning the Marshmallow Fireside candle Bath and Body Works and it is addictive. I want to wear a fragrance that smells like that. The sweet burning smell is AMAZING
    Im the be$t @ thi$

Lush Vanillary http://www.basenotes.net/ID26131610.html. Fragratica lists the notes as Jasmin, Tonka bean, and Vanilla. I get vanilla, a light smoke, sandalwood, and a hint of cinnamon. It smells like your roasting marshmallows at a camp fire. Your not going to find a vanilla that smells manly. If it does then it isn't going to smell like vanilla. Deal with it and be a man.

Banned

Spiriteuse Double Vanille and Pi.