Code of Conduct

Default Can you tell if this is Fake or Real. (Fragrancex.com)

Anyone ever have problems with Fragrancex.com?
    For the First time I believe I got a fake. Can someone help me verify it.
    So there is only one difference which is the F by Ferragamo in front of the bottle is written in White/Grey instead of the Red it is supposed to be in.
    Smell was alcoholic at first but eventually smelled like the original after but weaker. Here are the pics:

It is not the Black version. The Black version has a black sprayer and white writing. The original version is supposed to have grey sprayer (which it does in mine) and the front Logo "F by Ferragamo" is supposed to be written in RED (mine is written in White).
    Maybe old design?

Default Re: Can you tell if this is Fake or Real. (Fragrancex.com)

I have never know FragranceX to sell fake fragrances.

As far as I know (and most people on Basenotes here will vouch), FragranceX does not sell fakes. They may however sell bottles intended for different markets such as the Middle East and Asia, as they are generally cheaper as companies set the price relative to the income of locals. Also, there is the possibility of older stock.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Yes, I never had a problem with them before until today.

Quote Originally Posted by broxwood View Post
    As far as I know (and most people on Basenotes here will vouch), FragranceX does not sell fakes. They may however sell bottles intended for different markets such as the Middle East and Asia, as they are generally cheaper as companies set the price relative to the income of locals. Also, there is the possibility of older stock.
    Yes I believe this was intended for the middle east as their is arabic writing on the box.
    I contacted Ferragamo to verify if this is one of their bottles. Thanks for the input.

Basenotes Plus

There was a thread a week or two ago with the same exact issue. Do not know what the verdict was. May want to do a search to see if that person was able to determine why it may be different.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    There was a thread a week or two ago with the same exact issue. Do not know what the verdict was. May want to do a search to see if that person was able to determine why it may be different.
    Thanks, Just searched it and found it:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/310...iving-me-crazy

A friend recommended Fragrance X to me a year or so ago. I've ordered from them half a dozen times since and I have never had any issues. The first bottle I bought was a "vintage" pre-reformulation bottle of Ivoire de Balmain. Perhaps your bottle is an older version? I have to agree with what Broxwood said I highly doubt they'd sell fakes.
    What I've Been Wearing:

K Ferragamo contacted me back and they said their original bottle only has Red lettering and always has been that way. They also cant guarantee its authenticity because FX is not an authorized vendor.
    This is from the USA branch.

Problem Solved. The bottle is real.
    I went to the Bay yesterday and they had a tester of Ferregamo original and guess what? It also had grey writing/grey sprayer for the original F by Ferregamo!

Isn't it odd how even the company cannot be accurate in their information?!

Basenotes Plus

Of all the fragrances in the world to fake, Ferragamo is an unlikely suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by L'eaulita View Post
    Isn't it odd how even the company cannot be accurate in their information?!
    As soon as you work for a big company, you realise that nobody really knows anything. The person who got that email would just think "this is not worth researching". Since the customer got it from a non-authorised seller, the best outcome for them is to reinforce doubt, to encourage sales at full retail price

Quote Originally Posted by pawful View Post
    As soon as you work for a big company, you realise that nobody really knows anything. The person who got that email would just think "this is not worth researching". Since the customer got it from a non-authorised seller, the best outcome for them is to reinforce doubt, to encourage sales at full retail price
    This is true. If you purchased from FragranceX, I would not be concerned.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    Problem Solved. The bottle is real.
    I went to the Bay yesterday and they had a tester of Ferregamo original and guess what? It also had grey writing/grey sprayer for the original F by Ferregamo!

Hello there
    Well it may be irrelevant but my review is only about FragranceX.
    I live in Pakistan and own a handsome collection of colognes. Back in 2010 my uncle, upon return from UK, brought a gift for me which was Caron Pour Un Homme de Caron and guys i loved that so much that i managed to empty a 125 ML bottle within 2 years. Since then i was looking for the same at an affordable rate, and finally found it cheap at FragranceX. Immediately ordered Caron ron Pour Un Homme De Caron 125 ML EDT vide standard international shipping. Package arrived me after 22 days (fair enough). I opened the package found everything ok, it was packed well, box was OK Bottle was authentic, but when i sprayed the cologne it literally smelled like some weird laundry detergent. It was not near to Caron not even desereved to be called a cologne or fragrance. Now it broke to me how they manage such classy things at so cheap rates.

Thanx
    Zarar
    e-mail hzbutt73@yahoo.com

Hi zararbutt & welcome!

Unfortunately, many new bottles of fragrances produced for many brands will differ significantly from earlier versions due to re-formulation.

This is not the fault of the seller.

Maybe someone could suggest a suitable alternative if you start a new thread in the Male Fragrance section - good luck!
    Last edited by lpp; 11th February 2014 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zararbutt View Post
    Hello there
    Well it may be irrelevant but my review is only about FragranceX.
    I live in Pakistan and own a handsome collection of colognes. Back in 2010 my uncle, upon return from UK, brought a gift for me which was Caron Pour Un Homme de Caron and guys i loved that so much that i managed to empty a 125 ML bottle within 2 years. Since then i was looking for the same at an affordable rate, and finally found it cheap at FragranceX. Immediately ordered Caron ron Pour Un Homme De Caron 125 ML EDT vide standard international shipping. Package arrived me after 22 days (fair enough). I opened the package found everything ok, it was packed well, box was OK Bottle was authentic, but when i sprayed the cologne it literally smelled like some weird laundry detergent. It was not near to Caron not even desereved to be called a cologne or fragrance. Now it broke to me how they manage such classy things at so cheap rates.

Thanx
    Zarar
    e-mail hzbutt73@yahoo.com
    Will you please confirm from the company as to how it happened?

I don't agree with Ipp that reformulation will cause this much difference in quality. On the other hand fragranceX categorically mention on every page, that they sell only authentic perfumes. Thanks.

Sent from my ZP950H using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by apple2005 View Post

I don't agree with Ipp that reformulation will cause this much difference in quality. On the other hand fragranceX categorically mention on every page, that they sell only authentic perfumes. Thanks.

There is no denying that once a perfume is reformulated, its sometimes changed drastically and doesn't even remotely resemble its original self. Caron pour un homme has been reformulated at least a few times.

Me either.

In my experience it most certainly can and does.

If members care to check out the numerous threads here in respect of 'does seller xyz sell fakes' , reformulation, restriction of ingredients - plus many reviews, it would be more helpful than joining a debate with questionable comments.

It is most tiresome when vendors are accused of selling fakes due to a lack of information.
    Last edited by lpp; 11th February 2014 at 01:08 PM.

I totally agree, does reformulation means to fill some acid instead of any cologne. It only happens in case of fake.
    Reformulation may result in some marginal deviation but not altogether opposite.
    Believe me guys the juice i got out of the bottle, bought from FRAGRANCEX, was not even a cologne. As i mentioned earlier it was some sort of bad laundry detergent.
    Misperception at my part can only be done if i am new to fragrance thing, and that can be answered by having a look at my wardrobe on Fragrantica. My id is zararbutt at fragrantica.

If you're unhappy with your purchase, zararbutt, it should be returned.

......I don't agree with Ipp that reformulation will cause this much difference in quality......
    Reformulation can make the fragrance unrecognizable.

Quote Originally Posted by stuigi View Post
    Of all the fragrances in the world to fake, Ferragamo is an unlikely suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    If you're unhappy with your purchase, zararbutt, it should be returned.
    The above is all you need to know. If any of these investigations turn up anything worth knowing I'll be looking forward to the big exposé.

Default Can you tell if this is Fake or Real. (Fragrancex.com)

Quote Originally Posted by zararbutt View Post
    I totally agree, does reformulation means to fill some acid instead of any cologne. It only happens in case of fake.
    Reformulation may result in some marginal deviation but not altogether opposite.
    Believe me guys the juice i got out of the bottle, bought from FRAGRANCEX, was not even a cologne. As i mentioned earlier it was some sort of bad laundry detergent.
    Misperception at my part can only be done if i am new to fragrance thing, and that can be answered by having a look at my wardrobe on Fragrantica. My id is zararbutt at fragrantica.
    Thanks zarabutt. Did you confirm from the manufacturer? A few days back I bought also Bvlgari Aqua pour Homme full tester bottle and one sample of Dolce and Gabbana The One from FragranceX. Believe me Bvlgari smell so weird that I just left it. Anyway that was just a blind buy. I never tasted it somewhere else. I am not sure whether it is fake or the smell is like this.

I have decided to not buy any perfume from anywhere which I can do myself. I have tried few and the results are fantastic. Just you need few empty atomizers, vanilla body spray or whatever smell you like and perfume oils. I can prepare my choice of perfume in few dollars.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by apple2005; 12th February 2014 at 11:29 AM.

Since this thread is more suited to the Shopping section, it is being moved there and closed as it has run off topic.