Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default First in Fragrance - US Shipping

May be placing my first order with them pretty soon.

Just wanted to get an idea from US Basenoters, generally speaking, how long from order placement did it take to receive your order.

Default Re: First in Fragrance - US Shipping

First time it took 20 days or so, 2nd time it was maybe a little under 2 weeks, 3rd time..well I placed it a week ago so who knows.

It really just depends on how long US wants to let it sit in customs. DHL usually gets it here in a few days.

Expect 12-14 days usually for me.

Got mine in 8 days and it was a massive order.

Basenotes Plus

Thanks for the responses. I kind of figured about two weeks depending on how soon it clears through customs.

I will using them for the first time coming up. I'm excited

Just curious about something, not sure if you guys check your tracking numbers as often as I do, but I'm visiting the US for a couple of months, and decided to order two bottles from FIF. In Japan FIF orders arrived quickly before, and the tracking notices kept me pretty updated along the way, but this time, having it shipped to the US, the tracking has told me that the package is "waiting to be shipped" for the last 10-11 days or so.

Is this pretty common?

I called DHL Germany and they claimed it left Germany 11 days ago. I called the USPS and they said they don't have it in customs or anything, and their tracking shows the same as mine, that it's still in Germany waiting to be shipped.

Just curious if anyone else has experienced this before, or if this is normal?

The order was shipped on the 28th, so I'm not thinking it's lost or something, but waiting 11 days to leave after being cleared seems a bit... long?

Basenotes Plus

Welcome to USPS. It is probably somewhere in the system in the US and not updated. They are terrible with overseas shipments and updating tracking information. The last 4 orders I placed with companies in Europe, the same happened to me. It will probably update once it hits the post office that will be delivering your package, and you'll get it that day or the next.

Keep in mind, it is the Postal Services busiest time of year, so it may be a little slower than normal.

Don't count on USPS tracking numbers as anything more than reassurance that your package still exists. Last time I had my package before the status changed on the tracking page. If it's in the US that's a good sign, it'll only be a week or so...hopefully

Thanks for the info guys. It's a bit more reassuring now.

Basenotes Member

Is this still the time frame? 2-3 weeks? I'm on 3 weeks and 2 days with no package currently.

Sound Scents

My last delivery from them ended up being 5 weeks on the nose. This was not due to their not shipping the package in a timely fashion, but rather their chosen DHL Economy ship method.
    Last edited by drseid; 13th February 2015 at 09:31 AM.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie
    Currently wearing: R by Révillon

Basenotes Plus

It may be a US customs issue? I received my package in Japan, approx. 1 week from ordering.

They're also generous with the free samples and included all my requests.

Sound Scents

Quote Originally Posted by mixerscent View Post
    It may be a US customs issue? I received my package in Japan, approx. 1 week from ordering.

Not in my case. The package stayed in Germany at DHLs warehouse for over a month before it was even looked at by US Customs...
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie
    Currently wearing: R by Révillon

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by drseid View Post
    My last delivery from them ended up being 5 weeks on the nose. This was not due to their no shipping the package in a timely fashion, but rather their chosen DHL Economy ship method.
    Wow okay. Yeah mine says it's in transit so it's on the way. I can't believe I'm going to wait 5 weeks before I feel I need to contact them. I mean one of the items I ordered a sample of has already sold out for christ sake. Gotta plan ahead in this fragrance world.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by mixerscent View Post

US Customs, depending on which center it goes through is normally a speedy process. If the package goes through Miami, it takes less than 24 hours before it is on the way. The problem is with DHL. It could sit in their warehouses in Germany for weeks before it goes across the Atlantic.

I placed an order with Essenza Nobile whom also uses DHL Paket and my package's status has been "Origin post is preparing shipment" since January 31. Frustrating but at least not outside of the expected timeframe that you guys have experienced. Hopefully it will show up by next weekend.

Basenotes Member

DHL shipping.jpg

My mistake everyone, it's actually been an entire month. Shipped on 1/15. What it has been doing since then I can only guess. Waiting patiently in a warehouse, I presume.

I consider myself fairly patient when it comes to shipping times but this actually kind of annoys me.
    Last edited by Made in California; 13th February 2015 at 12:17 PM.

How much a dollar cost

I had a very long time waiting on an Essenza Nobile order over the summer. I believe it was 3-4 weeks, and was shipped via DHL. The tracking information never showed anything reliable, and there were large blocks of time where it would show no information, and then one day you'd get a stream of updates. And then once it hit US customs, it pretty much fell off the radar until it arrived.

It was a stressful time. Something I'll only do again if absolutely necessary. Which is a shame, because I loved Essenza Nobile, their customer service is top notch.
    UPDATE 5/21 15Q01 AVENTUS! (50ML $75 / 100ML $140) - SELECTION VERTE SPLITS AVAILABLE http://www.basenotes.net/threads/400...r-construction
    Sale thread - DHS 2008 / Mont Blanc Legend http://www.basenotes.net/threads/398...ll-others-sold!

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by sdotlow View Post
    Something I'll only do again if absolutely necessary. Which is a shame, because I loved Essenza Nobile, their customer service is top notch.
    For me, one reason I'm annoyed is because I expect this to be a regularity: there are lot of frags I can't get anywhere else and they have the best cost/size ratio for samples [particularly with the euro/dollar ratio turning in my favor]. I've already got another order lined up (since I can only order 10 samples at a time) but I don't want to place it until my first one arrives, you know?

I have an order that apparently shipped January 29. As far as I know it is still in some warehouse in Germany. The euro / dollar rates are awesome at the time, but you have to be prepared to wait a month or something ridiculous like that.

Quote Originally Posted by sdotlow View Post
    I had a very long time waiting on an Essenza Nobile order over the summer. I believe it was 3-4 weeks, and was shipped via DHL. The tracking information never showed anything reliable, and there were large blocks of time where it would show no information, and then one day you'd get a stream of updates. And then once it hit US customs, it pretty much fell off the radar until it arrived.

It was a stressful time. Something I'll only do again if absolutely necessary. Which is a shame, because I loved Essenza Nobile, their customer service is top notch.
    I'm thinking about placing an order with them, it would save me more than a $100 than if I do it with luckyscent and fragrancenet. But I'm very impatient when it comes to waiting for a package. I think if it's 180 euros or more it's free shipping to the US. Was your package delivered under that free delivery option?

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by delfa View Post
    I'm thinking about placing an order with them, it would save me more than a $100 than if I do it with luckyscent and fragrancenet. But I'm very impatient when it comes to waiting for a package. I think if it's 180 euros or more it's free shipping to the US. Was your package delivered under that free delivery option?
    I ordered from EN, and received the package in just over a week, with a holiday in between. And that was with free shipping for the >180 euro order.
    Last edited by tensor9; 13th February 2015 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tensor9 View Post
    I ordered from EN, and received the package in just over a week, with a holiday in between. And that was with free shipping for the >180 euro order.
    Thanks. I think I'll do it and hope it comes as fast as yours. But even if it takes longer, the savings would just make up for it.

My last order with them was placed on January 12th and I received it 2 days ago. It sat in customs for 3 of the 4 weeks it took for it to reach me.

Had a prior order in the summer of 2014 that i received within a week or so. Cleared customs the same day it was received by them.

Keep in mind i declined their free shipping option both times. It seems the actual travel time only takes a week to reach the midwest USA. The time it takes going through customs is a different story.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by s810 View Post
    My last order with them was placed on January 12th and I received it 2 days ago. It sat in customs for 3 of the 4 weeks it took for it to reach me.

Had a prior order in the summer of 2014 that i received within a week or so. Cleared customs the same day it was received by them.

Keep in mind i declined their free shipping option both times. It seems the actual travel time only takes a week to reach the midwest USA. The time it takes going through customs is a different story.
    Yep, it only took a few days to reach the US. It sat in customs for days.

I long for the day that FIF offers DHL Express shipping as an option, regardless of the cost.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Tempted to order from FIF. But DHL and US Customs worry me. Especially after an experience with a split that was held in customs for around 2 months before it was deemed lost.
    Current top 5:
    1) MDCI Invasion Barbare
    2) Imaginary Authors The Cobra and The Canary
    3) Guerlain Vetiver
    4) Parfums de Nicolai: New York
    5) A*Men: Pure Havane

SALES THREAD!
    SWAP THREAD
    Currently wearing: Vetiver by Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by TheAntagonist View Post
    Especially after an experience with a split that was held in customs for around 2 months before it was deemed lost.
    For some it only takes one bad experience to sour one's feeling about transacting again.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.