Code of Conduct

Default Beware of stock photos (more about AdG fakes on ebay).

Here's a seller who listed a bunch of 100 ml AdG bottles, apparently with the same stock photo (starting at 99 cents with $5 shipping; no reserve):

http://www.ebay.com/sch/kquince/m.ht...p2047675.l2562

Note the "100% positive feedback," even though there was one neutral due to lack of delivery. Almost all the feedback was for 100 ml AdG bottles! So, did he get friends to buy fakes and leave the feedback? This is one where you might want to ask for close up pictures of the bottle, including lettering, collar, and label/bottom of bottle. I would do it out of curiosity but can't imagine these being real due to the quantity he is selling at such low starting prices.

Default Re: Beware of stock photos (more about AdG fakes on ebay).

Best thing is to steer clear of these vendors.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    Here's a seller who listed a bunch of 100 ml AdG bottles, apparently with the same stock photo (starting at 99 cents with $5 shipping; no reserve):

http://www.ebay.com/sch/kquince/m.ht...p2047675.l2562

Note the "100% positive feedback," even though there was one neutral due to lack of delivery. Almost all the feedback was for 100 ml AdG bottles! So, did he get friends to buy fakes and leave the feedback? This is one where you might want to ask for close up pictures of the bottle, including lettering, collar, and label/bottom of bottle. I would do it out of curiosity but can't imagine these being real due to the quantity he is selling at such low starting prices.
    It does look fishy but that doesn't necessarily mean they are fake. He lists them as brand new, sealed so you can't really inspect the bottle, but a sealed box can still be fake. Another point you mention is he started them at $0.99 with no reserve. I've seen brand new Camaros and Corvettes start at $100 with no reserve so I don't think that would be an issue.

More likely than not, it is a fake listing but I wouldn't label it 100% fake based on some of the reasons you gave IMO.

Basenotes Plus

EBay Sellers use stock photos all the time. But there are indeed plenty of fake designer fragrances that look like the real stuff, with top notes that match perhaps 90-95% to those of the genuine article. Just yesterday a friend showed me a bottle off Chanel Coco Mademoiselle bought for $25 in Bangkok. I could tell it was a fake from the scent alone but the casual wearer can't nor is she likely to care. Some people are just happy buying fakes. We can't stop them.

The thing is, where is someone going to get a bunch of new 100 ml AdG bottles at such a good price that he can resell them starting at 99 cents with no reserve? It doesn't pass the smell test, most likely more literally than figuratively. LOL. Here's a sad/funny listing (the guy admits it's a fake, or at least meant to fool some people):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AGQUA-DI-not...item4abc9641e0

Basenotes Plus

LOL @ Agqua di Gio. Well there are cheap suckers out there!

It does sound fishy to a point. Also, the bigger bottles 3.4 oz & up are normally the ones that are being counterfeit. Which is why the majority of time if I buy from eBay I will be happy & go with a smaller size bottle. If I do decide to get a 3.4 oz bottle I always ask for actual photos & batch codes on the bottle if it is printed & visible.
    To be successful, you must smell successful! THATSMR2USIR

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    The thing is, where is someone going to get a bunch of new 100 ml AdG bottles at such a good price that he can resell them starting at 99 cents with no reserve? It doesn't pass the smell test, most likely more literally than figuratively. LOL. Here's a sad/funny listing (the guy admits it's a fake, or at least meant to fool some people):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AGQUA-DI-not...item4abc9641e0
    I agree, I was just trying to make the point that they might be stolen as well. Either way the red flags seem to show that they are tainted products.