Code of Conduct

Default SOTD: Friday 28th September 2012

Morning ladies,

How is everyone this morning?

Will anyone be participating in today's sync? - 28/09/12 - Four Elements 1 - Air

I won't be today, I'm waiting for the postie to get my hands on my LIDGE so that will be my SOTD

image.jpg

Hope you all have a great day xxx

Default Re: SOTD: Friday 28th September 2012

Bonjour Mesdames!

Good morning,

Still super busy today (have to give a presentation etc.etc.), but tonight is the night... :-D (TGIF!) Get your reds ready for tonight, Jon, G. and all wine lovers!

Racine.

Best to all

Morning All,

Thanks for the lovely comments yesterday - had a fab time (as always) at the Perfume Lovers meetup. Grant and Lila did a sterling job in presenting a condensed history of men's perfumes. The undoubted highlight for me was getting to sniff Hai Karate and Mandom (of Charles Bronson ad fame). Sad, I know.

Will certainly be joining Larimar, Jon et al tonight in a glass of vino. I'll be taking it however, at a bar in Waterloo. Roll on 6.00pm

SotD and -E is Tabac Blond.

Best to all.

sotd - parfum d'empire cuir ottoman. wishing a good weekend to all, be back on monday.

I have nothing "airy," so won't be synching today.
    Instead I am wearing Pacifica Mediterranean Fig and wishing
    I was somewhere hotter than here!
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Hello all. Space NK Peace.
    DONNA

Trying Volutes in EDT today.

Succinctly put, they are different enough.

for swap/sale:

Millesime Imperial today.

Basenotes Plus

Good morning !. Hai Karate . G, I had a relative who used it years ago - some seriously foul stuff as I remember. I'd love to sniff it again just to see if it was as bad as I recall.

SotD is Versace Black Jeans.

The obligatory vino is ready and waiting .

I'm synching. I like fragrances that have their own air. Contemporary, uncluttered, sheer and airy. Lovely. Sel Marin really is like sea air, or sea spray, but unfortunately I am out of that. Actually I am going to go with Ramon Monegal L'Eau de Rose.

"Radiant caress. Idyll between drops of morning dew and velvet textures of petals of aromatic Roses. Captivating elixir with epilogue in the shape of adage of Musks between leaves of Patchouly."

Hmmmm.

Actually I find this more of a study in perfection than a satisfying fragrance, but Air it certainly has, and you have put me in the mood. See, the Friday synch makes you think!

Have a lovely weekend everyone.

Basenotes Plus

SOTD is Krigler's very aptly named Lovely Patchouli. Mmm-mm good.
    Notes include amber, patchouli, bergamot, leather

Hugs to ((((ExtremeK)))), ((((Alityke)))), and anyone else who could use them and a good Friday to all xxoo
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Sounds as if you had a great time last night, Gandhajala. Sorry I missed it.

Scent twins with Gandhajala - Tabac Blond.

Anita-Ekberg2.jpg
    Do happy

Airy? How about aerial? Vol de Nuit, perhaps?

Have a nice finish of your workweek.

Good morning everyone I've been extremely busy with 3 part-time jobs lately. Today is off,though.Later I have a date! ( but we never called it that ) Not sure how I feel about moving forward,but thought that I probably need a date,so why not we're gonna meet at one of my favourite places in Troms°, Sivertsens kafe. It's a small,intimate vegetarian cafe. It used to be the old prison (!), so the whole place has a rather rustic feel to it with rough ,painted stone walls. Not sure about sotd yet ( don't think I have anything that would qualify as airy...),but I'm concidering Cuir de russie or Chergui...or Nahema or even Razala.Will get back to that after my shower. Have a great day all

Quote Originally Posted by ladymurasaki View Post
    Sounds as if you had a great time last night, Gandhajala. Sorry I missed it.
    Sorry you missed it too ! Next one is in a month's time - maybe see you then.
    Ps. You smell uh-mazing

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Enjoy your date, inees!

It's a rainy day here; I'm going to go with L'Ombre Dans L'Eau. iI don't know why, but it really suits me best when it's raining out.

Thumbs up Re: SOTD: Friday 28th September 2012

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Hammam Bouquet

Good morning everyone!

I'm in sync, although it's not exactly an airy fragrance, this just seemed like the definitive choice. I'm going with the wind angle in Vent Vert, 60s parfum ...plus the ever-irresistible flourish of edt.

I've got Part II of my Thai cooking class today, so I should be coming home later with delicious curries and "festive main-dish noodles," as it was described to us last time. Yummy!

Y'all have a great day!

Oh, a date! Have fun tonight ineespenes!

(((ExtremeK)))
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Airy it is. The one that immediately came to mind was a sample I tried last spring - Different Company De Bachmakov. So I went digging through the sample box and actually found it on the third try

It is airy and light, reminding me of the crisp feel in the air at change of seasons, summer to fall as it is now, or winter to spring. Lovely stuff. It also vaguely reminds me of Eau de Lalique, a favorite of mine.

Black Orchid EDP

Basenotes Institution

Vetyverio by Diptyque

I couldn't sleep soundly last night, I have 2 things that are keeping me up (tooth pain and a neuroloigcal eye twitch)...and last night it was both of them. So I woke up in a real crabby mood and proceeded to have a big argument with my husband (why can't I learn to keep my mouth shut when I'm in a bad mood?).

I just read rtamara41's post from yesterday and giggled at her 'comforting man cake' from my SOTD yesterday. ((bear hugs to rtamara41)) - I needed a laugh this morning.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Nothing is more spot on for airy than Chanel Bel Respiro. I have only a drop or two left, so I'm snorting that off my knuckle for now.

Alityke, hope you're having a better day. And I hope ExtremeK got a good night's sleep.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

(((ExtremeK))), I'm so sorry about Dugan. You came to the right place to tell your story. I went through the same a year ago with one of my pets and can tell you these fine folks will support you through the pain. You are in my thoughts and will continue to be.

(((Alityke))), better days must be coming soon for you, too. Lots of love to you.

Ine, good to see you and great to see you doing so well! Enjoy your "not a date"! Good luck!

Good luck to you as well on your presentation, dear Larimar!

G., glad last night was so much fun! Sounds like a very interesting evening; I'm always so envious of those of you who are able to attend these get-togethers. Sometimes, I secretly wish the Mr.’s job would transfer us overseas!

(((Mike))), sorry to hear you're in pain. It's hard to be nice when we don't feel well; I'm sure Ray understands. Hope you feel better very soon.

I'm synced in Sous le Vent. Slept in today because wine o'clock was last night here, been a long week. Feel fantastic after all that rest, though! Happy Friday, gang!
    Last edited by PerfumedLady; 28th September 2012 at 02:23 PM.
    The nose wants what it wants!

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

SotD - Miss Dior Le Parfum

I bought a bottle of this glorious juice today. A very sweet and dense perfume, not unlike the missed original ChÚrie, EdP.
    Now, there is no concentration written on the bottle. I asked the SA if it really was pure perfume, she insisted that it was. I said, that it was a very huge bottle (40ml) if that's true. She agreed. She also told me, that she was a certified Dior salesassistant, so, I guess I'll have to give her some credit. Still, I believe it's more like an Eau de Parfum Intense. This 40ml bottle is way cheaper than 7.5ml parfum. I don't know?
    Still, it's indeed some good stuff. Finally a decent new release from this notorious house, which, let's be honest, have fallen from a lot of people's grace resently.
    All hail Christian Dior.

(((inees))) -- I'm so very happy for you. Moving forward can be difficult, and you can only do so when *you're* ready, but the rewards are wonderful, particularly once you get to the point where you can *embrace* forward. I'm cheering for you.

I'm no longer surprised by the kindness of this community, but I will always be touched and humbled by it. Thank you all for the condolences and support -- you're really amazing.

Also, my own board etiquette apologies for throwing a huge wet blanket over yesterday's SOTD thread. I was just going to post about Tam Dao, and the next thing I knew, there was my sad novella. You make it so easy to share life's triumphs and heartbreaks.

And, Twolf, you're right about the hat full of black and white balls. The last 8 weeks were very nearly equal parts wonderful events and trying/heartbreaking ones. I think the fact they were all squeezed into such a short span of time has done me in a bit, but I know I'm going to be just fine. Autumn has a way of revealing something beautiful or magical nearly every time I turn a corner. The sky and sunlight seem so bright and pure, and I love the transition to my autumn fragrances. I even engaged in some retail therapy last night and bought some decants and a few samples -- all spices, woods, and ambers. I'm already smiling.

So, today, I'm still in a scent that I find comforting, but it also smells like autumn to me -- like the sweet and toasty smell of kettle-corn at a Saturday afternoon football game (not that it smells *like* kettle-corn, it's just got that same sweet/toasty vibe) -- Parfumerie Generale's Aomassai.

Here is a photo of Dugan, taken about 10 days ago. Dugan 2.jpg

Mike, I do hope you feel better. Thinking up something fun and unexpected for you and your hubby tonight might at least help distract you from the pain and bother.
    Last edited by ExtremeK; 28th September 2012 at 02:41 PM.

Gengis Khan by Marc de la Morandiere

Basenotes Plus

Awwww, sweet boy! RIP, Dugan.

Mike, I hope you feel better very soon! Those are two really annoying things, no wonder you woke up crabby. Hugs to you & your husband.

Inees, good luck on your move.

Gotta run soon, so I need to finish posting.

In sync today Neil Morris' Spirit of Air.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

ExtremeK, I am wearing Tam Dao on your suggestion from yesterday. It sounds like you are feeling a bit better today. Mike, I hope your day improves!

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    The undoubted highlight for me was getting to sniff Hai Karate and Mandom (of Charles Bronson ad fame). Sad, I know.
    That is adorable, it made me smile.

Mike, I hope you are feeling better. You can make it up to Ray over the weekend.

Ineespenes, I hope you are enjoying yourself.

(((Dugan)))

I think I'm in synch...wearing Lanvin Rumeur. Rumors are always traveling through the air, like in the game of Telephone.

Happy Friday everybody. ♥

Basenotes Plus

SotE - Hypnotic Poison.

Positive thoughts on their way to those in need.

Blog Entries

SOTD: Tuscan Leather by Tom Ford.

Good evening, all.
    SotD is still, tenaciously, Maria Candida Gentile Exultat. Too bad for the headache that accompanies me from this morning....
    Have a nice evening & peaceful night, all of you!
    (The aforementioned headache will keep me from having a nice glass of vino, too, I'm afraid! anyway)
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Droppin in after a long break! Miss y'all!

After finally ordering myself some samples (I've been neglecting my nose, sadly) I'm wearing Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel- lots of it. The vial broke during shipping. I salvaged it by applying all I could. Like it! Something about it reminds me of Aqua Allegoria Mentafolia by Guerlain, something about the powdery/sweet/mintiness which in my mind reminds me of an Easter Basket of candy, not in your face, but subtle, refined, and somehow nostalgic.

Have a great weekend everyone! Hope to see you soon.
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

Good evening my fragrant friends. I haven't Synched today but worn both real and scented cashmere. SotD has been the comfort and warmth of 60s vintage Shalimar EdC.

Group hug (((ExtremeK, iodine, Mike))) Ine great you're moving on! You go girl.

G I want to read your views on mass market male perfumery of the 70s "splash it all over" as Enery and Kevin said

(Vintage)
    What I've Been Wearing:

Quote Originally Posted by L'enfer View Post

(Vintage)
    Jealous, envious, pea green! You smell gawgess

Quote Originally Posted by Jinete View Post
    ExtremeK, I am wearing Tam Dao on your suggestion from yesterday. It sounds like you are feeling a bit better today.
    Jinete, thank you. I am feeling a bit better, but I know these things take time, and I may always miss him. I suppose that's what pet owners sign up for, right? We know the score going in, but that doesn't make it any easier. What does help is thinking about the good stuff -- which was nearly all of his 11.5 years. That's a good thing.

I hope you're enjoying the Tam Dao. I find it so quiet and soothing.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I was really busy yesterday an missed reading most of the SotD thread. Having gone back to read it now, I am very saddened by your loss, ExtremeK. Dugan was blessed to have you.

I'm glad you sold the house, even if the price was not as high as you wished. That was a very long time for it to be on the market and for you to be burdened with its maintenance, taxes etc.

So far today I've worn Kiehl's Grapefruit Essence Oil, DSH Bourbon Vanilla and Ava Luxe Cafe Noir. Yum!

Hey y'all -

I'm definitely out of sync now, in lots of earthy, ambery and warm Obsession, by Calvin Klein.

Oh Duc, congrats on the Miss Dior Le Parfum ...don't you love it? I've had my eye on it for a couple of weeks now and seeing it up there all shiny and pretty and new makes me covet it even more. Hm...Saks is only a few blocks away, lol!

L'enfer - that's yet another nice one from Gruau!
    Last edited by Evangeline; 28th September 2012 at 08:41 PM.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Basenotes Institution

Thanks for the hugs

Scent free for the evening...
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

summer means fireflys

I wasn't creative at all for the Air synch today ... I'm wearing L'Air du Desert Marocain. Hey, it has the word "Air" in it!

I don't really follow astrology, so maybe you guys can help me out? Isn't there something called retrograde or something like that where it causes chaos and strife? Well, my week has been like that with co-workers and family. I can relate to Mike about keeping my mouth shut ... didn't happen today at work.

hugs to all ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Guerlainista

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Thanks for the hugs

Scent free for the evening...
    WHAT?!?!?!? Why?

Or Black for me. Trying to see if I can get what this stuff is all about. Don't really get it ...
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Tourjours Moi by Corday this evening.

Shades, it is called Mercury retrograde. Thankfully, does not happen very often. When it does, however, it is all valuable life lessons to us -- slow down, ponder over, look at your past accomplishments, make conclusions. Mercury is generally responsible for good communication and everything connected with electricity, also for teaching, public speaking, dealing with kids. I am not sure if it is retrograde this very moment. but wish you all the best anyway.