Code of Conduct

Default Openig a perfume shop

Hi guys,

First post here after reading you alot.

I am opening a perfum and cosmetics shop in western europe ( rather not say the city at this time )

It is realy difficult to get the brands I want due to exclusivity and proximity issue. at this time I have got Miller Harris, Mark Buxton, Odin, heeley, Ramon Monegal,By kilian.
    The brands I can't get are byredo, tom ford, creed, comme des garçons.
    I have the oportunity to get eau d' italie, mona di orio, bond, evody.
    Waht do you guys think and if you have suggestions feel free to say:laugh:

Thanks

Default Re: Openig a perfume shop

What sort of advice are you looking for?

Any ideas of brands would be belcome.:-)) something more confidential or interesting concept.

Congrats on your new business!

I like the quirky Etat Libre d'Orange, and Piguets are classics. Italy is currently full of concept niche brands, I'm not an expert on those, but others may chime in (eg things like Cale, Profumi del Forte, etc etc)

cacio

Mona would be a yes. What about Histoires de Parfums and Perfumeries Generale?

Thanks cacio. I was thinking about Etat libre and I will check the 2 italian brands you mentioned....

- - - Updated - - -

Parfumerie generale sounds good but it such large range and not familiar with it-

Congrats! My advice would be, especially as the customer base expands and you may want to branch out into increasingly diversify offerings, to also get into the Exclusive/Les Exclusifs series by Chanel, Armani, Guerlain etc., also, further niche brand suggestions, depending of course on their availability, would be: Penhaligons, Floris, Knize, Carthusia, Farina Gegenuber, La Martina, Rance 1795, Lorenzo Villoresi, Tom Ford, Profumi dei Forte, Dyptique, Micaleff, Helmut Lang and more.

Good luck to you in you new endeavor.

Blog Entries

Mona d'Orio frags are all great. Go for "niche" companies, you can have them shipped to your store. If you are in Germany, you are at a disadvantage b/c of strict shipping rules. Look at Penhaligon's, L'Artisan, Serge Lutens, Montale, Patricia Nicolai. If you want to draw higher end customers, Amouage Attars are pricey but fashionable. There are some small Mid-eastern attar companies that sell a wide variety of spicy, oudy fragrances. There is a shoppe in Rehoboth Beach Delaware called Penny Lane Perfumes. They had a GREAT idea to open a "perfume bar" where you sit at a bar, and they talk to you about your likes/dislikes, and test frags on strips and on you. It really helps your customers narrow down what they like! Get a "twist" something other shoppes are not doing...You need to stand out in a crowded market.
    Last edited by Possum-Pie; 1st October 2012 at 12:32 PM.
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

Good luck with the store and fragrances by Maison Francis Kurkdjian would be good to have also on the shelves.

I haven't seen many English barbershop house fragrances on sale in Europe. Have a look at Taylor of Old Bond Street, D R Harris, Geo F Trumper and Truefitt & Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Congrats! My advice would be, especially as the customer base expands and you may want to branch out into increasingly diversify offerings, to also get into the Exclusive/Les Exclusifs series by Chanel, Armani, Guerlain etc., also, further niche brand suggestions, depending of course on their availability, would be: Penhaligons, Floris, Knize, Carthusia, Farina Gegenuber, La Martina, Rance 1795, Lorenzo Villoresi, Tom Ford, Profumi dei Forte, Dyptique, Micaleff, Helmut Lang and more.
    The Chanel Exclusifs will be a no. Chanel only sell these in their own boutiques.

You really need to do a lot of research into the city you with to open your shop in. What other similar shops, want they sell,how easy to get a customer base. Mail order restrictions etc.
    DONNA

If you are interested I'm happy to discuss stocking Pell Wall . . .
    Chris Bartlett
    Perfumes from the edge . . .

www.perfumedesigner.co.uk
    Twitter: @PellWallPerfume

If you are looking for a perfumery consultation I’m happy to quote: if you want free advice, that’s what these forums are for
    You can also join my blog if you wish to ask questions of me.

And in line with Chris's suggestion above, why not approach BNs very own Wooznibs GarnerJames range. You might even get a European exclusive outlet! Small artisanal houses hold be encouraged

treeman5823

Congratulations! Try to get some of Andy Tauer's inventory-- on the other hand, depending on your country, regulations may stand in the way of acquiring his fragrances. Additionally, look for Parfumerie Generale, Serge Lutens, L'Artisan, Profumum, etc. And never exclude the local little guys.

Blog Entries

Chris Bartlett is a great resource...His advice would be an asset to you as he has his own business.
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

Blog Entries

Some that i like are Royal Apothic whose history has links with European Royalty, I Profumi Di Firenze, Tocca,K.Hall Designs,and Tokyo Milk of those, everythng but the I Profumi Di Firenze is extremely affordable, under 60 dollars, that could help you cater to the fiscally challenged customers. Good Luck, i envy you, and fantasise about doing just what you are.

Maybe Costes ,Ulrich Lang....they have pretty good frags at an affordable prices.