Code of Conduct

Thread: Creed Windsor

Default Creed Windsor

What does everyone think of creed windsor? I am planning on picking it up for my birthday via a split, and I've never had the opportunity to smell it. I know it would be an expensive blind buy.

Regardless, what are your opinions on it? Is it deserving of the Creed name?

Default Re: Creed Windsor

In my humble opinion it's one of the best Creeds, modern or classic. It's almost the only fragrance that is able to cut into my regular rotation of pure oud oils. If you mange to track the 2009 batch, it's even more spectacular.

Basenotes Plus

It is one of their best. Definitely worth joining the split.

Dependent

Gorgeous real jasmine in there. Very natural, like a field of flowers, herbs and country breeze.

It's stunningly good. With Windsor, Creed scaled the heights of excellence in perfumery.

Banned

Windsor by Creed is an extraordinary, once-in-a-lifetime scent, to be sure.

Sound Scents

As for being "worthy of the Creed name," that is neither here nor there... That said, I didn't like it at all... I really did not get a lot of rose from it, but instead got an accord that was rather off-putting. Too bad, really, as I wanted to like it after reading so many good things about it here and elsewhere.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

A wonderful scent IMO.

Nothing that expensive should ever be bought blind. You may just not like it, or it may give you headaches, which it did to me.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    Nothing that expensive should ever be bought blind. You may just not like it, or it may give you headaches, which it did to me.
    True, but I can't bother waiting 3 or 4 weeks for a sample to show up at my door. Plus, I figure it's not common to find a split for it (plus, I'm sort of helping out by taking the last slot after someone backed out). I assume that if I don't like it, I won't have much of an issue reselling it on Ebay or something.

Quote Originally Posted by OctaVariuM View Post
    True, but I can't bother waiting 3 or 4 weeks for a sample to show up at my door. Plus, I figure it's not common to find a split for it (plus, I'm sort of helping out by taking the last slot after someone backed out). I assume that if I don't like it, I won't have much of an issue reselling it on Ebay or something.
    Oh, you won't have any problem re-selling it on the off chance you don't care for it (but I think that possibility is nearly nil).

I think it is a fantastic fragrance. The rose is not a heavy, in-your-face type of rose that is in many other fragrances, but more of a soft classy rose. Absolute classic.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Pure White Cologne
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. Clive Christian - 1872
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio
    8. Neela Vermeire - Bombay Bling
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Chanel - Allure Homme Edition Blanche

Most likely you won't be disappointed. Relax and enjoy.

Windsor is Amazing

Funny, I too blind bought this from a split. When I first tried it on my forearm, I thought it was just okay. But after I did a full wearing, I was blown away. Great scent. Great projection and longevity too.

IMO, this fragrance has the most natural smelling rose note. This, along with SMW and GIT make up my top 3 Creed fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliDude View Post
    Funny, I too blind bought this from a split. When I first tried it on my forearm, I thought it was just okay. But after I did a full wearing, I was blown away. Great scent. Great projection and longevity too.

IMO, this fragrance has the most natural smelling rose note. This, along with SMW and GIT make up my top 3 Creed fragrances.
    Awesome to hear your experience was a positive one. At first I was waffling as to whether I wanted to pull the trigger and ask to be a part of it, but I'm starting to feel better about my decision. It just kind of stinks that I won't get to smell it for probably a month.

Absolute Masterpiece, I was able to get a flacon from the boutique in NYC about a year ago. It's from 2010 and smells just incredible. Definitely an attention getter and formal scent...

For me, it is a must have. I think it's great. One of the best Creeds.

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Windsor is Amazing
    +15 It really is.

Windsor is my SOTD. IMO, it's the type of scent that would cheer you up if you're feeling down. Also very impressed by the longevity.

For the unfamiliar, is Windsor no longer available?

Windsor was a USA exclusive and its no longer available on the creedboutique.com website, There may be a few flacons floating around at retailers in the States but its not easy to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Kron View Post
    Windsor was a USA exclusive and its no longer available on the creedboutique.com website, There may be a few flacons floating around at retailers in the States but its not easy to find.
    So, it would be a fair assumption that I could be the only one in my area that has this in their collection/wears this? I'm a college student, but I wouldn't really plan on using it here, more for nice nights out and dates/formal events.

Basenotes Member

It is such a beautif, well crafted perfume. Get it while you can. I can't find it anywhere anymore.....

Fantastic. Most masterful thing they have done years. Highly regarded by many here including many of the Creed naysayers.

I'm sure a lot of people don't "love it," and some people may not care to wear it, but most all think it's a pretty well crafted scent.

Windsor is the closest I've come to a holy grail scent. Wish they hadn't tinkered with the original though. Also wish it wasn't so expensive.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Why Creed doesnt make Windsor a permanent stay in their collection is mind boggling. I don't believe the ingredients are so difficult to get, and I bet we will see this released once again as a limited edition within the next five years.

I got in on a split awhile ago, along with Feuille Verte and Selection Verte. Windsor is my least favorite of the three, it's incredibly potent, and is very linear on me, frankly I think FV is much better as a nice soft powdery rose, with green notes. Windsor is just too floral and feminine on me, it's seems like it's all jasmine, I don't get much of anything else. I've been trying to like it, but it just reminds me of something my Mother used to wear. Well made, but cloying.

Quote Originally Posted by Puig View Post
    I got in on a split awhile ago, along with Feuille Verte and Selection Verte. Windsor is my least favorite of the three, it's incredibly potent, and is very linear on me, frankly I think FV is much better as a nice soft powdery rose, with green notes. Windsor is just too floral and feminine on me, it's seems like it's all jasmine, I don't get much of anything else. I've been trying to like it, but it just reminds me of something my Mother used to wear. Well made, but cloying.
    Interesting to hear your take on these three. I have all of them as well (and really like them all), but would rank Windsor as the best. I don't really pick up the jasmine in Windsor; on my skin, rose is the prominent note throughout, with support from the pine and eucalyptus. Windsor has amazing longevity--up to 24 hours later in fact. FV strikes me as more of a green-prominent scent, with far less rose and far more jasmine in the base than Windsor.

Quote Originally Posted by OctaVariuM View Post
    I assume that if I don't like it, I won't have much of an issue reselling it on Ebay or something.
    Or reselling it to me!

Seriously, though, it is a great frag. I'm confident you will like it!

this stuff is bad, you know why? cuz I'm getting addicted to it! Windsor is amazing, best of Creed!

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    this stuff is bad, you know why? cuz I'm getting addicted to it! Windsor is amazing, best of Creed!
    I hear you, sir. If Creed has any business sense, they will make this great one available again soon. This is one that will sell very well. I would bet that if they made Windsor available at the same price and size options as Aventus, it would become one of their all-time best sellers.

Does anyone know just how rare Windsor is? Like how many bottles are floating around there? And is it likely that it'll be re-issued?

Dependent

Windsor is just too floral and feminine on me, it's seems like it's all jasmine
    Agree Windsor is primarily long-lasting high-quality jasmine.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBars View Post
    Agree Windsor is primarily long-lasting high-quality jasmine.

Jasmine in Windsor? hmmm

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not too sure I smell any jasmine in Windsor!!!

I just received my split of Windsor and had briefly tested it on my arm.

While there have been several threads on Windsor, including on its reformulation, I am really curious to see how people view the note breakdown. For example, several posters above mentioned jasmine, but I do not really get jasmine at all. Or even rose. In fact, I only smell the tuberose; with its camphoraceous opening, I thought I somehow received Tubereuse Criminelle instead! So, it is rather strange! Perhaps I need a full wearing to detect the rose and supporting notes.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Jasmine in Windsor? hmmm

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not too sure I smell any jasmine in Windsor!!!
    I'm not enough of a "nose" to dispute people on jasmine in Windsor, but none of the notes profiles list jasmine.

Quote Originally Posted by Maque View Post
    I just received my split of Windsor and had briefly tested it on my arm.

While there have been several threads on Windsor, including on its reformulation, I am really curious to see how people view the note breakdown. For example, several posters above mentioned jasmine, but I do not really get jasmine at all. Or even rose. In fact, I only smell the tuberose; with its camphoraceous opening, I thought I somehow received Tubereuse Criminelle instead! So, it is rather strange! Perhaps I need a full wearing to detect the rose and supporting notes.
    Yes. i love the first 30 seconds of Tubereuse Criminelle, but when it dries down.....waaaay too old-school femme (jasmine and hyacinth together just smell like an older arab woman to me) for me to ever consider wearing.

But yes, Windsor does have many different floral notes, mainly tuberose and a certain soft rose from france. Lilial and Lyral are also fairly prominent. Jasmine really just serves as a textural "moistener". If one wants Tuberose, eucalyptus, and a huge Jasmine, go for Lutens.

Another interesting dilemme regarding Windsor, is apparently they used Nuits De Young Rose, which is a resinous woody rose (which even has resinous trichomes on it's stems), but I've never acquired any Nuits De Young oil or absolute to verify this claim. Has anyone grown Nuits De Young roses in an ideal climate enough to yield some resin or absolute from them ? Or has anyone ever seen the absolute for sale ??

Blog Entries

Like most Creeds...nice but overpriced.