Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: If you could begin the journey of fragrance collecting all over again, what would you do differe

Buying more samples and really taking the time to see which ones I truly love and want. Would have spent my money better this way.

Default Re: If you could begin the journey of fragrance collecting all over again, what would you do differe

Right now I think twice before I buy a really expensive bottle. If I learned anything and could start over I would think twice about buying an inexpensive bottle. I have made my share of cheap mistakes but love all my expensive purchases. Buying decants is the way to go and buy the good stuff, cost be damned. To draw an analogy, cheap tattoos are not good and good tattoos are not cheap. I think the same goes for fragrances. At least you can wash the fragrance off...
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Banned
    Blog Entries

i would have taken the journey a bit more slowly. for example, during spring/summer of 2012, i was sampling hundreds of fragrances. i would sample 10+ per day at times. now of course, im taking this hobby much more slowly. sampling here and there, but nothing crazy.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    I would not change a thing. I am happy the way things are.
    You and me both

1. Never blind buy!
    2. Dont just buy a whole bottle if you're on a budget, get decants instead.
    3. Never take other peoples word for granted, everyone has their own taste.
    4. Dont buy a cologne just to get compliments, make sure you enjoy the scent first.

by not jumping on basenotes in the 1st place... it bloody snowball from there o.O"
    AUSSIES, join our exclusive niche split club.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...s-niche-splits

Currently splitting:

Amouage - Tribute, Homage and OPUS VII
    Andy Tauer - Noontide Petals, Miriam and Loretta
    HdP - Veni, Vidi, Vici and Rosam, Ambrarem, Petroleum
    The Different Company - Oud Shamash, Oud for Love and Aurore Nomade
    Guerlain - Sous Le Vent, Angélique Noire, Bois d'Armenie, Cruel Gardenia, Rose Barbare

and many more niches up for split...

Quote Originally Posted by senore01 View Post
    I totally agree. Don't purchase half ass fragrances. Save more and purchase quality parfums. Great commentaries.
    I agree. I've made purchases because the price was low and I remembered reading something good about that fragrance. It's better to pass on those purchases and buy good stuff only.
    Vintage Kouros rocks

I wouldn't have bought 3 or 4 bottles in my collection. Don't think I'll ever wear it again.