Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Just Starting Out Sponsor

Default Re: Need Help!...finding a new clean/fresh (maybe even a bit "soapy"), yet classy & not-too-fem scen

[QUOTE]LIDGE - interesting suggestion. This is probably my #1 "To test" frags right now, as I really think I'd love it. Problem is, it's super hard to find and out of my current price range (although not forever)

[Domenico Caraceni - reviews all talk about a lot of incense - I can't handle much incense in frags at all

[QUOTE]

LIDGE is awesome! I found it at the Toronto Guerlain Boutique ($ 5-ish for the 75 ml bottle). Great people to deal with!

Re: the Domenico Caraceni: I don't find that much incense in 1913. It definitely doesn't work for everybody, but I love it! To me it's a must try!

Banned

Default Re: Need Help!...finding a new clean/fresh (maybe even a bit "soapy"), yet classy & not-too-fem scen

Serge Lutens Datura Noir, Prda Amber and infusion.

- - - Updated - - -

Serge Lutens Datura Noir, Prda Amber and infusion.

[QUOTE=straightrazorguy;2713026][QUOTE]LIDGE - interesting suggestion. This is probably my #1 "To test" frags right now, as I really think I'd love it. Problem is, it's super hard to find and out of my current price range (although not forever)

[Domenico Caraceni - reviews all talk about a lot of incense - I can't handle much incense in frags at all

LIDGE is awesome! I found it at the Toronto Guerlain Boutique ($ 5-ish for the 75 ml bottle). Great people to deal with!

Re: the Domenico Caraceni: I don't find that much incense in 1913. It definitely doesn't work for everybody, but I love it! To me it's a must try!
    Thank you! I won't write off 1913 then! As for LIDGE, yes, I have a VERY strong feeling when I try it I'll absolutely love it and I see it very likely I'll own a bottle in the not-too-distant future!

Cartier Declaration Cologne
    Guerlain Homme L'Eau Boisee
    Hermes Voyage

Quote Originally Posted by Luca View Post
    Hermes Voyage
    Thanks for these! After looking into them, the Guerlain seems the most intriguing....lime, mint, rum, vetiver, woods....if blended well, these sound like very appealing notes too me. I'm heading into winter, though...would you say this would be more of a summer frag?

- - - Updated - - -

Hermes Voyage
    Thanks for these! After looking into them, the Guerlain seems the most intriguing....lime, mint, rum, vetiver, woods....if blended well, these sound like very appealing notes too me. I'm heading into winter, though...would you say this would be more of a summer frag?

Yes, GH L'Eau Boisee is very good for summer, but you can very well wear it in the winter. The type of frag you look for does seem one intended for summer though.

I see you have Platinum Egoiste. What about this?

Yes, GH L'Eau Boisee is very good for summer, but you can very well wear it in the winter. The type of frag you look for does seem one intended for summer though.

I see you have Platinum Egoiste. What about this?
    Thanks @Luca! Yes, I really like PE. It's fresh/clean & class without a doubt. I guess as I'm narrowing down, I think what I'm really craving/looking for is a gentler/softer, soapier scent, devoid of much spice & maybe a little better suited for the cold, cold winters here...just not too feminine. PE does really well on my skin & just "blooms" when it's warm or hot...but it doesn't seem to wow me as much in the colder weather. This is why I'm wondering if Prada Amber will work very well...as long as it doesn't develop too feminine on me. It sounds soft, a bit rich, and soapy, with decent projection/longevity & is within a good price-point for me currently. Either way, I'm going to seek out a sample of the Guerlain, as it absolutely sounds up my alley!

PRADA AMBER POUR HOMME
    PRADA AMBER POUR HOMME INTENSE
    Both are high quality and mainstays in almost everyones Frag Wardrobe

+1 for Prada Amber Pour Homme
    Moschino Forever

Quote Originally Posted by staticx View Post
    +1 for Prada Amber Pour Homme
    Moschino Forever
    the Moschino definitely sounds interesting. thanks for the rec!

Dependent

CDG Kyoto has a soapy undertone to it. I really like it. It's not super clean/fresh per say, but it's a great frag that I would say leans masculine.

Interesting, I just posted this in the Men's forum for someone else but, I think its worth posting here.

Faconnable is probably one of the best soapy / barbershop fragrances. Also, you can pick up a bottle for around $25-30.

I think most of the Acqua di Parma line would fit your requirements. Try the original Colonia and Blu Mediterraneo Cipresso di Toscana.

Ok, so first thing to come in was overall the most recommended....Amber Pour Homme. After 1 full wearing, I have to say, I think this may fit the bill right now. I was able to pick up an official 10ml travel spray at a good price. While the opening definitely leans a bit feminine, once this moves to the late middle and drydown, I think it does start to shift to a more masculine tone on me (although I can see how for some people it could still come off as feminine).

I find it high quality, with pretty good projection & longevity, and to me, it definitely has a very nice clean & soapy vibe, with a very classy feel. Oh, yes, I can easily see matching this after a nice clean shave, new haircut, as a comfort scent on a relaxing day or for more classy and formal events when you're dressed to the nines.

So, thanks again everyone for your great recommendations. Prada amber has now joined my collection and I will continue to sample many of the others suggested.

Congrats on your new acquisition. The more you wear it you will be able to even pick up on the faint sweetness from the vanilla notes in the dry down. Perfect all around fragrance.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fit&frag'd View Post
    Ok, so first thing to come in was overall the most recommended....Amber Pour Homme. After 1 full wearing, I have to say, I think this may fit the bill right now.....Prada amber has now joined my collection....
    Wonderful choice.

I own and enjoy Prada Amber pour Homme by Prada as well.