Code of Conduct

Default SOTD: Monday 1st October 2012

Morning ladies,

Did everyone have a nice weekend? I need something epic for our return to our home so I'm wearing Aventus. I hope everyone has a great day
    Last edited by fragranceman88; 1st October 2012 at 06:58 AM.

Default Re: SOTD: Mondat 1st October 2012

Today is Bond No. 9 New Haarlem

Default Re: SOTD: Monday 1st October 2012

Nice to be back !

Let's see:

Saturday: SotD Chanel Pour Monsieur, SotE No. 5 (80s EdP. I scored another unopened bottle in mint condition).
    Sunday: SotD Chergui, SotE Chanel Cuir de Russie (vintage EdT).

Today: Dior Homme.

Best to all

I know a lot of people don't like this but on my skin all I get is a "honey" note. My other half really likes it and it's at her request I'm wearing Pure Malt today.
    What I've Been Wearing:

Hello all,

Had a very busy weekend working a lot in the garden... it was a Vega day yesterday (SotD and SotE) and today I started Monday off in Coup de Fouet!

I hope our return to BN is for longer now.

Best to all

Good morning!

Cristalle by Chanel EDP

Default Re: SOTD: Mondat 1st October 2012

Quote Originally Posted by broxwood View Post
    Today is Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    house twins with broxwood, same here.
    need to balance the horrible rainy (unexpected) monday with something beautiful (unfortunately not mine, sigh...):

Good morning and it's great to be back!

Today, I'm testing Lotus by Satori Parfum. It's a very light and summery orieintal lotus.

Have a good Monday

©Bahman Farzad lotusflowerimages.com.jpg
    pic: ©Bahman Farzad lotusflowerimages.com
    Do happy

Thumbs up Re: SOTD: Monday 1st October 2012

Saturday, 29.September.2012

Sunday, 30.September.2012
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Back to university today. I'm in Vol de Nuit and will change for Rose Anonyme to the opening ceremony.

L'Artisan Parfumeur Méchant Loup.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Basenotes Plus

*waving* SO glad to be back!

Saturday: ETRO Ambra
    Sunday: Patou Sublime

Today it's utterly gorgeous Chanel No 22

Wish you all a very good start to your week!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Bonjour Mesdames!
    vintage

Hello all, today Chanel Pour Monsieur

Saturday was Guerlain La Petite Robe Noir 2012.
    Sunday I was fragrance free.
    DONNA

Basenotes Plus

We're back Hope everyone had a good weekend.

SotD is Viktor and Rolf Antidote.

Happy Birthday Mario Justiniani

Avant Garde by Lanvin

Brut

Complete grooming set, deodorant, after shave lotion, balm and cologne

queen of the universe

I may not be young, beautiful, and bored—I'm sure I'm one out of three!—but I will be taking on middle schoolers who are, so vintage Miss Balmain it is.

Attached Images Attached Images
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Thumbs up Re: SOTD: Monday 1st October 2012

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Good morning everyone -

I'm in Caron Pour Une Femme for modern dance. Y'all have a great day!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

I've been trying to encourage Autumn to bloom, these days- without much success, alas!
    Saturday, gently and softly with nutty Bois Farine
    Sunday, more decidedly with smoky Wazamba
    Today, almost resignedly,with herbaceous Ambre 114...
    The weather, here, keeps on warmish and humid....
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

On Twitter someone asked if anyone was counting how many times we were down this year. Well, someone was: 11 times and 19 days.

Irresponsible and immature, at least, all this down time.

Hermes Rouge.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Good morning, everyone!

This morning's scent-- on my right arm only-- is JM Blackberry & Bay (cologne layered over the body cream, from samples, to test longevity.)

Yesterday we visited the mall that has Crabtree & Evelyn and I was interested to see that they have a new version of Evelyn Rose out now.

The bottle is radically different in style, but the scent is also significantly reformulated. Bergamot and amber are notes listed for this new version, which were not in the prior version of Evelyn Rose (2003-2011)

From the website:
    "Fragrance: A heart of uniquely scented Evelyn Rose petals and peach nectar, surrounded by an elegant jasmine and violet accord with accents of bergamot and sensuous amber."

When the base notes kick in, there is a bit of spiciness. The scent has greater complexity and longevity than the earlier version of Evelyn Rose. The fragrance is nothing like the original Evelyn (1993-2003).

When my daughter smelled it on me, she initially thought I was wearing Rosa Alba 1842 from Anthropologie-- and it does smell like that, until the base notes kick in. I thought there might be an aquatic note initially but now I think it was just the bergamot creating that impression.

I will not be buying this new version of Evelyn Rose, but I can see where it might appeal to many.

Price is $60 for 50 mls of edp. Link to the C&E website for the edp:
    http://www.crabtree-evelyn.com/eng/p...e_parfum?79776

They also have a sturdy (heavy) metal compact with a perfume solid, the lid of which swivels to open the compact. This comes in a cute little cloth bag. But the price reflects the packaging, not the value of the solid-- $40 for a non-refillable 1.2 g compact is over the top, IMO. I think the compact may appeal to collectors of perfume compacts, but otherwise the price is not worth it.

Link to compact:
    http://www.crabtree-evelyn.com/eng/p..._compact?79811

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Dirty English this morning
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    Nice to be back !

Let's see:

Saturday: SotD Chanel Pour Monsieur, SotE No. 5 (80s EdP. I scored another unopened bottle in mint condition).
    Naayce! Very naaayce. A very special fragrance. I bet your gorgeous in it.

Speaking of which, my my you all look well after your wee break. I have been in Ambers, Amber Fetish, new to me, fabulous, and L'Air DDM.

Mr F has been away on one of those holidays that men call golf holidays but are really beer holidays. He will be back in a couple of hours and I can't wait to see him. Lumiere Noir for the occasion!

my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Also, everyone, you may wish to bookmark the following Basenotes temporary site which we can use any time BN goes down; it was set up in July, but I think only a few of us knew about it.

You will have to register on that site to post, but just use your regular BN username and we'll all know who you are.

http://basenotes.activeboard.com/

Basenotes Institution

Eau de Guerlain by Guerlain

"One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Oh, my goodness, I missed you all! You know, I had found the alternate BN board mentioned by 30R but then forgot about it. Will certainly remember to bookmark it today!

Sampling Prada Candy and hoping we are back up for more than a week this time!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I missed everyone too, but would not have had much chance to be online. Mom had a toothache (no toothache last week when she had her 6 monthly dental visit) and it turned out she needed a root canal! Thank goodness they could squeeze her in on Saturday before closing.

I have to go over now to bring some ibuprofen as she is once again feeling pain. She was better as of last night, but here we are again.

Perfume so good I had to take a picture of it.

for swap/sale:

Poor Mama 30R! Isn't it odd how quickly and out-of-the-blue these things can come on? I'm sure she is still having some pain, that is one harsh procedure. Hope she feels better soon; a bladder infection and a root canal within a month of each other is too much for anyone.
    The nose wants what it wants!

missed you all too, I get such a lift from simply reading and seeing and imagining what each of you is wearing. (that could sound so wrong on any other forum, lol!)
    today is a day off and I am wearing nada. planning another walk through the chanel boutique wear there are four (count 'em : FOUR) testers with rtamara41 written on them: Bois des Iles, Cuir de Russie, No. 18 and Coromandel. Saving some skin for serious testing today.
    kisses.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    Had a very busy weekend working a lot in the garden...
    You show me yours, I'll show you mine.

Hedonist, thanks, as always, for showing your outdoor scenes. I keep meaning to show you my pond pix, too.

Last night I couldn't decide whether I wanted Jicky or 24 Faubourg on the back of my hands as I nestled down with my pillow, so I put each on one hand. The back-and-forth of them was surprisingly complimentary. So, today I'm going with Jicky (predominant) with soupçon of Faubourg.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Serge Lutens De Profundis

I really like this, though I don't quite think it's FB worthy. Certainly worth a large decant, though.

Basenotes Plus

Wishing Mom a pain free and speedy recovery, 30R.

SotE - Coromandel.

SOTE

Quote Originally Posted by L'enfer View Post
    I know a lot of people don't like this but on my skin all I get is a "honey" note. My other half really likes it and it's at her request I'm wearing Pure Malt today.
    I loooove your sotd, L'enfer.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    On Twitter someone asked if anyone was counting how many times we were down this year. Well, someone was: 11 times and 19 days.

I'm feeling a bit peeved, too, Wolfie.

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    Also, everyone, you may wish to bookmark the following [/COLOR]Basenotes temporary site[COLOR=#000000] which we can use any time BN goes down; it was set up in July, but I think only a few of us knew about it.

You will have to register on that site to post, but just use your regular BN username and we'll all know who you are...
    Thanks, 30 Roses. I had no idea there was an alternative site. The message you get when you try to come here is to go to Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41 View Post
    missed you all too, I get such a lift from simply reading and seeing and imagining what each of you is wearing. (that could sound so wrong on any other forum, lol!)
    I read that...^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    You show me yours, I'll show you mine.
    And then I read that...^^^

And I...

I'm wearing AG Gardénia Passion today. I can't smell anything, though, because I'm suffering from some kind of weird allergy/sinus congestion thing. All I can smell are phantom scents of cigarettes and fragrances that nobody around is smoking or wearing. Nevertheless, I am fragranced. Yesterday was Eclat d'Arpege, and some Jean Nate dusting powder before bed.

Glad to see everybody here! And you all smell divine!

SotD is Moschino by Moschino, which I love. It always brings a smile. And today is windy/rainy so I can use a smile.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Back again!

I can still smell Blackberry & Bay on my arm, but it's considerably weaker, really a skin scent by now. Layering the body cream with the cologne did not help with its projection, although it may still last longer as a skin scent.

I watched Twister with Mom to distract her from her discomfort until the ibuprofen kicked in.

Good thing I was there-- her toilet got blocked up and she came out the door saying, "I don't know what to do..." I glanced in past her, and let me tell you, I have never turned off a water valve so fast in my life! Whew, that was close! All fixed now; Maintenance rightly considered it a priority job.

Good Evening,

Foustie - you are a charmer, and I'm suitably charmed . Enjoy having Mr. F back.

SotE is Jicky extrait.

Best to all.

Evening all. Joining some others in Serge today - Douce Amere.

Basenotes Junkie anomie et ivoire's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Happy Harvest. If April is the cruelest month, October is the kindest. I'm in old formula Hypnotic Poison.

Hello again!

It's much cooler this afternoon ...I'm not sure it even reached 70°F here today. It probably won't last, but I'm taking advantage of it in lots of rich and ambery Trouble, a perfect fall perfume.

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Keiko Mecheri Ambre Mirabilis this morning and now Kiehl's Grapefruit Essence Oil, because I'm craving citrus.

Blog Entries

SOTD: Yatagan by Caron.

Wearing Iris Noir.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Okay, I was allowed to decant several sample size atomizers of the new, reformulated 2012 version of Evelyn Rose at Crabtree & Evelyn, West Farms Mall. I'm going to start a sampling group for it. This one has amber in the base notes. It is more interesting and has better longevity than the previous version that came out in 2003.

I'm heading home now, but will post a sampling thread for this later this evening, after I figure out whether to decant it to glass vials etc.

Basenotes Plus

I get freaked out every time the site goes down because I have the box of Annick Goutals with me. Not only am I reporting on them but I need updates on stray little samples arriving to be packed along with it's wee brothers and sisters to go to our next participant.

So....having said all that, I wore Eau d'Hadrien and Eau de Sud today. It was quite uplifting on an overcast day, definitely recommend the combo.

On a personal note, I had to get tough with my teen age daughter again today. I've caught her in another lie. So the young man she thinks she is "going with" (despite the fact that they have never met & he lives 500 miles away) has been told that they are no longer "going together". She can't take his calls (or texts) and her facebook account has been disabled. The lying has to stop and the grades must go up.

I feel badly but I am not going to be a doormat.

On a happier note: this is a photo I took in the Missouri Botanical Garden when my brother visited recently. He knew of the glass artist, Dale Chihuly, so that was really kinda cool. http://www.chihuly.com
    My brother also makes glass but not to this extent.

P9186535.jpg P9186533.jpg
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

summer means fireflys

I'm wearing Love's True Bluish Light today. It's been a while since I last wore this, but with the cooler temperatures today, it's perfect!

RHM, stand tough! It's sometimes really hard living with teenagers. So many parents want to be their kids' friends. Teenagers need PARENTS at this point, not friends. Holding your ground now will allow you to be friends later.

Also, I like the Dale Chihuly stuff! The Wichita Art Museum has a lovely Chihuly installation and a "chandelier." Both are gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post

If you are talking about the hackers and would-be hackers trying to breach the security on the site to get our personal info, as was the case this time ... I agree. There has to be a special place in hell for jerks like that.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

eating a twinkie of all things, which is not elegant at all, but feeling elegant with Bois des Iles spritzed on my right and No. 18 on my left, my new favorites from the exclusifs line. I see Jon Rodgers is in Coromandel, another lovely that has tempted me, but has been knocked aside by Bois des Iles. sigh.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Aww, sorry RHM, I hope she re-prioritizes well. My olders have the existential terror of knowing I have very little $ to pay toward their college so they have to get good scholarships or work their way through, so they are pretty freakin' motivated. Their dad is (perhaps unfortunately) a pretty good example of what can happen with no college, too, so that helps. Two down, two to go...

Today was Jailia, over the Body Shop Mango. Damn fine smelling.

Yesterday the Jardin Sur la Toit

And before that smell bent Sunshine Mama's Spiced Tea but then with Jailia over it as it wasn't quite right for that day, or I think I just don't like the oil version; the spray one is used up all gone...

Happy Birthday to Mario Justiniani!

Sending get well vibes to 30R's mom.

Good to be back, even if I don't post here like crazy. . . .

I am in 31 Rue Cambon today. Take care, all!