Code of Conduct

Default Narcisco Rodriquez & Bvlgari Black

Just ordered samples of both. What can I expect and thanks as always!

Default Re: Narcisco Rodriquez & Bvlgari Black

Nc I guess is a modern classic green herbal frag. Like Polo by Ralph Lauren or Z-14 by Halston. Although NC is not a classic its traditional in that way. Its nice but to some the patchouli base might be to much. BB is a vanilla with a tea note that smell like rubber (literally) So if you like you vanilla with rubber then this is for you. I cant really compare it too anything else because I have not smelled something with a rubber note in it but I get it. I am guessing it work during colder days when the is air is crisp and one wouldn't mind smelling some rubber to balance out the sterile temperature . It just takes you out of your comfort zone I guess. Enjoy.
    Any opinions I post here about frags only reflect MY PERSONAL TASTE and only my personal preference which could change at any moment.

I think you will really be pleasantly surprised with the former scent.

Both are great scents and I love both. Always in my top ten. You're going to love both i guess!

Both are in my top ten too.

Narciso Rodriguez can be classified as a "nougere," or modern fougere. It's one of the muskiest fragrances I've ever smelled. Quite melancholic too. To me, it smells like a perfect blending of cucumber, concrete, violet, lavender and vanilla over a lush wave of egyptian musk and ambergris. It's so alive, and yet still so clean smelling. I have a really hard time describing it, that's how unique and special it is for me.

Bulgari Black is a little less magical to me than NR, but it's super unique in that it's equally comforting and badass. I love the combination of rubber, leather, vanilla and amber. All I can really say about it is that it works in any situation, it's classy and yet it has an aire of mischief. Something James Bond might wear.

Congrats on the purchases, you got some gems!
    Sales thread here

Love Bvlgari Black after having hated it initially. Give it a chance. It's rubber + vanilla, but the rubber tones down after the first few minutes and I've learned to love that aspect of it.

Almost everyone unfamiliar with Lapsang Souchong tea incorrectly describes Black as having a rubber smell. It's not rubber, it's the smell of the smoked tea and if you like it and have drunk copious amounts of it you will love Black's opening, after that it becomes a familiar Menardo vanilla affair, which is always nice.

Quote Originally Posted by chopwet View Post
    Almost everyone unfamiliar with Lapsang Souchong tea incorrectly describes Black as having a rubber smell. It's not rubber, it's the smell of the smoked tea and if you like it and have drunk copious amounts of it you will love Black's opening, after that it becomes a familiar Menardo vanilla affair, which is always nice.
    Well if it smells like rubber it doesn't really matter what it actually is, fact is it smells ( to plenty of experts) like rubber.

Quote Originally Posted by Dailey View Post
    Well if it smells like rubber it doesn't really matter what it actually is, fact is it smells ( to plenty of experts) like rubber.
    Well that's my point: it doesn't smell like rubber.

I think plenty of the 'experts' have never drunk Lapsang Souchong tea and therefore the only way they can describe the smell is to call it 'rubber'. Pop down to a tea shop and have a cup of the aforementioned tea, I promise you it will all make sense.

Nevertheless I think it's a fantastic fragrance and I'm very happy to own it as it reminds me of all those cups of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by chopwet View Post
    Of course you are very right, but our perceptions are limited to our experiences.

This is going off topic, but having tried Kusmi's lapsang souchong tea for the first time recently, I was blown away by how smokey it tastes. Being someone who often enjoys something sweet with a cup of tea I had problems deciding what would go with such a savory flavour. What would you recommend? (It doesn't have to be sweet.)

Quote Originally Posted by Suspended View Post
    Of course you are very right, but our perceptions are limited to our experiences.

This is going off topic, but having tried Kusmi's lapsang souchong tea for the first time recently, I was blown away by how smokey it tastes. Being someone who often enjoys something sweet with a cup of tea I had problems deciding what would go with such a savory flavour. What would you recommend? (It doesn't have to be sweet.)
    Rusks are always a good option. Preferably not of the mass-produced variety. I should have been more specific and said: South African rusks. Seems as if the European variety is quite different!
    Last edited by chopwet; 31st October 2012 at 10:40 AM.

Perhaps Lapsang Souchong Tea has some similarity in smell to Rubber?
    Last edited by Dailey; 31st October 2012 at 10:56 AM.

Perhaps lapsing soughing tea has some similarity in smellbto Rubber
    The thing is that rubber doesn't all smell the same. A car tyre, dish-washing gloves and rubber tree sap don't have the same smell and unless you're talking about burning or burnt rubber then there isn't really a smoky element to rubber. Never mind the differences between South East Asian rubber and central African rubber.

Having said all that I will revisit Black and look for a rubber note.
    Last edited by chopwet; 31st October 2012 at 11:03 AM.

Narciso is more compatible with my taste.
    Although I have the Bulgari Black, I think it's not unique...

Perhaps Lapsang Souchong Tea has some similarity in smell to Rubber?
    No, Lapsang is pure smokiness. I was shocked by how strongly it tastes of burnt hickory. Think liquid barbeque or the smell from your clothes after a bonfire. It's wonderful.

Banned

My impressions for Narciso Rodriguez for Him by Narciso Rodriguez follow ↓↓↓, and, hopefully, will prove helpful to you:

Narciso Rodriguez for Him by Narciso Rodriguez - Welcome to the Twilight Zone !! The paltry, note listing belies the complexity of this fragrance. Initially, one is bombarded with a lovely, sweet and woodsy violet, whose brilliance is amplified by aldehydes, an amazing, wet concrete, a graceful wave of petrichor, that special smell of earth, caressed by raindrops after a dry spell, a flint smell and an intense mustiness from the patchouli. This surreal melange is enshrouded by a wet, foresty lushness, with flittering specks of flavorful licorice. The welcoming heart kidnaps the explosive opening and fosters its taming. Lovely violet leaves, with their inherent freshness, inspire an exquisitely extreme, green aura akin to grass clippings with a shading of cucumber. Versatile patchouli imparts it nutty and earthy facets. Seductive amber, with its deep, somewhat woody and vanillic dimensions, and white musk, with its dirty sweetness add some powderiness to the blend. The robust base overtakes this humbling middle, where the multifaceted patchouli raises its faintly peppery and herbal heads as well as its mulch-like property. Dry cedar, pencil shavings as well as camphoraceous pine supply intriguing woods. And, evocative, animalic musk, where fecal pellets from critters as well as pubic sweat harmonize, contributes to the fantastical drydown. This extremely masculine and unique composition has very good projection, 4-5 hour scent cloud, and longevity, 7-12 hours - easy on the trigger is the catchphrase here. This atypical fragrance is not for the faint of heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Suspended View Post
    No, Lapsang is pure smokiness. I was shocked by how strongly it tastes of burnt hickory. Think liquid barbeque or the smell from your clothes after a bonfire. It's wonderful.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by L'Aventurier View Post
    Narciso Rodriguez can be classified as a "nougere," or modern fougere. It's one of the muskiest fragrances I've ever smelled. Quite melancholic too. To me, it smells like a perfect blending of cucumber, concrete, violet, lavender and vanilla over a lush wave of egyptian musk and ambergris. It's so alive, and yet still so clean smelling. I have a really hard time describing it, that's how unique and special it is for me.
    This is a very good description and 100% in line with my experience.

To me, it's somewhere between Xeryus and Fahrenheit.