Code of Conduct

Default SOTD Tuesday 30th October 2012

Firstly, a huge hug and "stay safe" wishes to all of you in
    the east of America. Sincerely hope Hurricane Sandy disappears
    soon, leaving you all in good health with not too many problems in it's wake.
    May the lights go on for you as soon as possible.

It seems frivolous to be thinking about scent this morning but I have just applied
    some Ferre de Ferre and am enjoying the iris note in this one.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Default Re: SOTD Tuesday 30th October 2012

Hello all. Yes, please stay safe to our east coast peeps.

Chanel 31 Rue Cambon.
    DONNA

Good morning! Stay safe!

-
    -.................................................. .
    Lalique Pour Homme - Lion EDP
    Last edited by easyfish; 30th October 2012 at 07:56 AM.

DK ESsence Labdanum

HAGD and take care all of you on the southeast coast.

Annick Goutal Encens Flamboyant.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Whoa, easyfish, that is some photo! I was curious about it and learned that it is Victoire or Spirit of the Wind a glass hood ornament by Lalique. Article for others who are curious:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/04/au...radiators.html

Well the "spirit of the wind" that was Hurricane Sandy is dying down slowly, but we still have gusts up to 40 mph so I can't let the cat out yet. He is bored but resigned.

So far we have dodged a power outage but 630,000 in CT are without power, and CT highways are still closed. My husband will have to commute today by secondary roads-- hopefully none of them are blocked by fallen trees.

SotD not chosen yet. I'm heading back to bed for a few more ZZZs.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

TF Tobacco Vanille

Amouage Sandalwood Attar

Stay warm and safe, east coast people!

Thumbs up Re: SOTD Tuesday 30th October 2012

HABIT ROUGE, Edition Beau Cavalier
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Thinking of our friends on the US East Coast.

Going into town today so nothing. Fancy a skoosh of Chergui.

In many skooshes of Jean Couturier Coriandre.

Thanks for the report, 30R. Continued prayers for the safety of you all people.
    Last edited by Twolf; 30th October 2012 at 10:24 AM.

Banned

i hope the worst is over now for the USA east coast, and tomorrow everything will be less windy and less rainy and going back to normal.....

Odalisque

Almost forgot: Happy Birthday to Ubu!

Basenotes Plus

Good morning.

Thinking of everyone on the east coast, continue to take care and stay safe.

SotD is Chopard Casmir.

Hello everyone!

I'm playing piano for the tiny dancers this morning and, as I've mentioned before, they tend to notice my perfume so I like to choose something with them in mind. I think they'll like Miss Dior Chrie ...I do!

Pomander, I've also been smitten with Miss Dior Le Parfum ...I think a purchase is inevitable!

Still thinking of everybody on the East Coast - y'all hang in there!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Staying positive and thinking good thoughts for our friends in the Eastern Seaboard.

Testing Etat Libre d’Orange Rien today. It's more incense than leather on my skin.

Takasawa_Keiichi-Woman_Burning_Incense-009382-04-03-2008-9382-x800.jpg
    Do happy

Hoping for everyone to stay safe
    Flying visit only today DSotD is PG Tonkemande

Basenotes Plus

Sending prayers to friends and family all along the east coast and in the Smoky Mts of western NC, where they are getting lots of snow from this storm.

No scent yet.....have Meals on Wheels deliveries to make. I don't "scent up" until after that.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Easyfish, that really is some image!

30 Roses, Im so glad you have electricity. My inlaws on Long Island are without power. Were ok here, being far enough south and inland. I didnt get much sleep either with the house rattling in the wind, however. Today is just a rainy day with a little wind. Youd never know what passed by in the middle of night. Im watching TV. OMG, NYC!

No fragrance yet for me. Im in a bit of a *thing* lately: many fragrances I used to love are obnoxious to me now. It is my hormones. I love my old Chantilly and live in that. But I will have to hunt out some new fragrances to love gentle, subtle, OLD ones. I like Calche very much lately. I wore that when I was much younger, and Im liking that one. I have a mini of a vintage one, and I may start looking for more.

Happy Birthday to Ubu! Stop by when you can. We miss seeing you here.

Love to you all.

Happy Birthday to my fellow Hoosier, Ubu! Hope you enjoy your day!

What a mess, lower NYC, Atlantic City, the islands all flooded and power outages everywhere. But Americans are resilient, saw it here with our nasty summer storms. Clean-up is a long process (still working on it here from the last tornado) but we can do it. I'm very grateful to see some of our east coast friends checking in here, safe and sound. This has been a scary one.

The outer edge of the storm is here today- nothing big, just grey skies and sleet. 31 Rue Cambon fits the day perfectly. Hugs to everyone!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Good day my loves,

I hope everyone is safe over in the US. My thoughts are with you!

My SOTD is Dior - Homme (Vintage)

Ambre Dore by MPG

Tiffany For Men, vintage

((((East Coast BNers)))) -- I hope all of you came through the storm unscathed. 30R, thanks for the update! I hope experiencing the storm wasn't hard on your mom. I have friends in the Storrs area of CT and in Wilmington, DE and haven't heard anything from them yet. I'm crossing my fingers.

Twolf, congratulations! Good for you for sticking with it and seeing it through. I know how hard it is to re-immerse yourself in that experience after you believed you were done with it for good. Cheers!

I did some sampling yesterday -- a second test drive of Kilian Back to Back (similar enough to 1270 that I'll spare myself the expense) and a first drive of Frapin 1270 (WOW!!! And it's still in the final stages of drydown on the back of my hand!) and SL Fourreau Noir (I really like the top and heart of this one! Not so wild about the end of it, though. Too much immortelle.)

I'm doing more sampling today and will post later with whatever, what was the word?, skooshes? I decide to try.

I hope everyone can stay safe, warm, and dry and has a good day.

K

Wearing Organza Indecence.

ExtremeK, nice samples there. I wore Frapin 1270 a couple of evenings this week and it is a wonderful fragrance if you like that type. I do

Chanel Bois d'Iles today!

Happy Birthday to our Ubu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you check in soon!

Yay, ExtremeK, I think it is either Eald Englisc or Foustie has just invented it to make us grin.

Blog Entries

SOTD: Sartorial by Penhaligon's.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeK View Post
    ((((East Coast BNers)))) -- I hope all of you came through the storm unscathed. 30R, thanks for the update! I hope experiencing the storm wasn't hard on your mom. I have friends in the Storrs area of CT and in Wilmington, DE and haven't heard anything from them yet. I'm crossing my fingers. K
    The outage map (http://outage.cl-p.com/outage/outagemap.aspx) shows 76% of people in the Mansfield area, which includes Storrs, are without power. However, wind speeds are generally below 40 mph now, which will allow repair crews to safely use the buckets to fix lines. Mom wasn't fazed-- I rather think she enjoyed the excitement. The cat went out finally but seems to prefer to be indoors with us.

((Lilybelle)) I slept like a log the last 2 nights! I think I've finally caught up on lost sleep.

I am wearing 2 Demeter scents layered: Pineapple and Gingerale-- but Gingerale is longer lasting, so that is mostly what's left now.

And just now we got an automated message that school will be closed 2 more days-- water got into the high school through roof damage and more time is needed for clean up! My daughter is ecstatic.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 30th October 2012 at 06:43 PM.

Banned

i am testing Parfum de Peau , by Montana,from Octobers blindsniff game,

and omg how stroooooooooooong this one is!!! but not so artificial as i expected!....for 10 minutes i was enjoying the smell, was sniffing my wrist, now i think my nose doubled in size, dont know whats going on still i think this is great 80s perfume for going to disco with music from 80s and dancing all night!

happy the storm is over soon, the damage of 30 bln usd is not small......if i remember correctly the whole fragrance industry is worth like 20 bln usd

Hey y'all -

I'm in vintage Flora Danica for the afternoon.

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Please stay safe, all you east coast-ers!

by Kilian Pure Oud. The travel atomizer containing it leaked and the scent is permeating my perfume cabinet, tempting me every time it's opened. Today is the day.

Yesterday I wore Guerlain Attrape Coeur.

Basenotes Plus

Wearing Estee Lauder Knowing for the rest of the afternoon.

Have a good evening, everyone!

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Thinking about all those affected by hurricane Sandy. Hope we, as a society, can at least learn more about preparedness and recovery strategies from this brutal lesson.

Haven't craved wearing a scent for a few days. Just showered, so I should apply sumthin'. Hmmmm. Touch of Boucheron perhaps.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Well our power went out at 3:45! I'm using the computers at my mother's residence and boy, are they slow!

I won't be on BN again until tomorrow afternoon, when I have to come to take Mom to her PT appointment-- unless power goes on again. Take care everyone!

Hope all US Basenoters affected by the terrible weather are getting through it ok.

Iris Poudre

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Ha! We came back from my mother's to find power back on.

Sure beats the 50 hours without power after Irene last year!

Good to hear 30R, thanks for keeping us up to date.

sotd-Prada L'eau Ambree
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Amouage Honour woman for me today - stay dry!

That's great, 30 Roses. I'm still waiting to get news of a few people, but I'm pretty sure they are without power but otherwise ok.

I'm wearing some vintage l'Air du Temps parfum this evening, inspired by LiliB's thread. It is missing something in the top notes, but still smells great. In my experience the edt doesn't age, but Mike said his is good, so maybe I just haven't had much luck finding intact vintage edt.

I hope everyone came through the winds OK and that the power gets back on...We know about hurricanes here, but at least in FL if your house gets knocked down you don't freeze. That just sucks.

Today wore Un Jardin Sur la Toit and it is still going strong over 12 hours later

Thanks for that link, 30R! I'm glad your power came back on so quickly. I'm more glad you're sleeping well.

Work was absolutely bonkers today. My goodness. I'm wiped out -- but not done yet. I'm taking a quick break for a walk outside to clear my head and so decided to finally sample something today. I have skoosh of Ava Luxe Madeline on the left wrist and AL No. 23 on the right hand. (Lol, Twolf! )

This is my first experience with Ava Luxe ... and my goodness! I really, really like both of these. Especially No. 23. It has the beautiful sandalwood and incense of my beloved Tam Dao with some lovely florals. But No. 23 seems cooler than Tam Dao ... the geranium, maybe? Regardless, I *really* like it. I need to do some more sniffing on Madeline, though, to figure out that one.

K

Vintage My Sin - so comforting with all this crazy weather. Be safe everyone!
    The unnatural and the strange have a perfume of their own
    ― Fernando Pessoa

Reminiscence Mi Fa
    Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?

30R - glad you and your Mom are OK in CT (my home state!) Things are OK here in the Boston area. We had awful wids and rain last night, and some brief thunder and lightening tonight... but no real damage or inconvenience in my neck of the woods, but many elsewhere in MA are without roofs and power. Sending healing vibes to those impacted by Sandy (especially all of those evacuated New Yorkers!!!!).

Feeling wonderful in my new purchase of Miss Dior Le Parfum (winking at Evangeline!)
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Sampling Straight To Heaven by Kilian. Reminds me A LOT of Mon Jasmin Noir.
    Sprayed Beyond Love on the other side without reading the notes. Blech! I hate tuberose! LOL.
    Last edited by kalli; 31st October 2012 at 01:35 AM.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.