Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Today I Bought: October 2012

Today I'm going to buy the By Kilian 50ml Back to Black refill bottle and Pasteum Rose from Eau D'Italie

Default Re: Today I Bought: October 2012

Great choices, fragranceman - those are both real beauties. Enjoy them!

This was a gift w/ purchase, Judith Leiber's Judith Leiber Night. I wore this last night to dinner and really enjoyed it. It's an incense-y oriental with cinnamon, amber, sandalwood and patchouli, peony and jasmine ....and a very delicious and non-fruity gourmand element to it that I find utterly irresistible, probably that sweet and luscious amber. Honestly, it's really not very original, but it is very nice, and a pleasant surprise. It's actually right up my alley - I'll definitely wear this.

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Whilst BN was down, I scooped up another bottle of '80s formulation No.5 EdP. Perfect condition, never opened and still had the advertising insert tucked down the side of the bottle. All for the same price as a new bottle

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

125ml Égoïste, sealed vintage EdT splash
    100ml Shocking (Elsa Schiaparelli), vtg. EdP
    40ml Miss Dior Le Parfum
    35ml Chanel N°5, pure parfum spray (tester)

I'm beyond excited about the Shocking! Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    125ml Égoïste, sealed vintage EdT splash
    100ml Shocking (Elsa Schiaparelli), vtg. EdP
    40ml Miss Dior Le Parfum
    35ml Chanel N°5, pure parfum spray (tester)

I'm beyond excited about the Shocking! Yay!

WHERE DO YOU FIND ALL YOUR EGOISTE! You are so lucky!

Quote Originally Posted by fragranceman88 View Post
    WHERE DO YOU FIND ALL YOUR EGOISTE! You are so lucky!
    LOL! It was from some obscure Italian seller on eBay.
    It didn't show up on a regular search, but, I know my
    way around eBay.

Annick Goutal Ce Soir ou Jamais EDP 1.7 oz
    Caron Narcisse Noir EDT 3.4 oz

Both blind buys. I hope I like it. Got it for a fantastic price and knew I won't get such a great deal again.

Outstanding hauls there everyone! Well jel as they say in Essex!

Thankfully I haven't been the originator of this thread this month, thereby avoiding a shameful hatrick. Only by a timing error though.

Today Mr Postie brought the vintage full, untouched 125ml of Tuvache Jungle Gardenia in box. I opened it with due reverence and the juice is Purrfect

Tomorrow Mr Postie is due to deliver an unloved part bottle of vintage Choc de Cardin in box. This is one of my all time favourite bitter whooshy astringent chypres and rare as rocking horse droppings.

He should also be carrying with due reverence a part bottle in box of vintage, original Chanel Gardenia extrait. I am soooo giddy about this so fingers crossed these are perfect.

I also got 2 small decants of vintage 1930s L'Heure Bleue and vintage Lanvin Mon Peche from the same impeccable source and 2 larger decants of SL Bois de Violette and Profumum Roma Confetto which have been on my wanted list for some time.

Now to lie down in a darkened room nd surgical removal of my debit card. If any of my purchases came from you. Thank you!

I spent wayyyyy too much this month, but it happens every fall.

Today I bought the Xerjoff Shooting Stars Discovery Set (masculine, I already have the feminine ones) and the Xerjoff Sospiro Discovery Set, and a bunch of Bois 1920 Notturno Fiorentino samples.

@Fragranceman88, I LOVE Paestum Rose. My husband would never wear it but it would have smelled so wonderful on a man!

E., inquiring minds would like to know what The Purchase was, please.

Nothing for me, still going to school. Eyeing and smelling another Amouage, the one that I do not quite understand and it will take me time to tangle out of its charms.

Busy niche month for me. Getting back into the game. Backup bottles of GIT and Aventus, new bottles of VIW and OS, plus 2 Serge Lutens.

GITCR.jpg

creed-aventus.jpg

creedvirginwaterisland.jpg

60861M.jpg

chergui.jpg

2511.jpg

Arrived today:

and

Guerlainista

A couple of nice vintage finds.

Vintage 120ml Parfums de Nicolai New York, with my modern bottles for comparison.

Vintage Habit Rouge EdT 200ml splash

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

^ Wow, first time I've seen a vintage bottle of New York. So much nicer than the current ones.
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    E., inquiring minds would like to know what The Purchase was, please.
    Oh, just a darling little evening bag I'd been eyeing for a while. I jumped when it went on sale, the perfume was lagniappe. Wanna see?

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    Oh, just a darling little evening bag I'd been eyeing for a while. I jumped when it went on sale, the perfume was lagniappe. Wanna see?

Preeeeeeetttty!!! Enjoy!

Banned
    Blog Entries

Cerruti black and backup bottles of armani code and azzaro visit. Anybody tried cerrutti black??

Mrs. E, how does that purse smell?!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Belebrating the arrival of yet more of my weekend spree. The decants of Bois de Violette and Confetto arrived. Yippee!

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    Preeeeeeetttty!!! Enjoy!
    Thanks - I sure will!

Quote Originally Posted by cello View Post
    Actually, it smells a lot like the aforementioned perfume that came with it, especially when I open it. The sales lady sprayed it on a card and tucked it in there before wrapping it up for me, then I forgot about it and left it for a few weeks, resulting in a very lovely and fragrant surprise. It'll probably smell that way for a while ...good thing I like it!

More arrivals, vintage L'Heure Bleue and Mon Peche decants which were accompanied by most welcome gifts of a decant of vintage Mitsouko and 4160Tuesday's very own Tokyo Cafe.

What a fabulous service!

My Amouage Sandalwood Attar came today! Gorgeous!

From the BN Marketplace
    I have only tried this twice - on paper - and didn't like it. But there we go, it has everything I should like in it so my assumption is, it will grow on me :')

Another bottle of The One. If I can't find anything like it with better longevity, I may as well decant some!

here are some of my most recent purchases...

Histoires De Parfums 1876
    Histoires De parfums 1826
    Serge Lutens Daim Blond
    2x Mathias Narguilè
    Laura Tonatto Sandalo Per Teti
    Malle Une Fleur De Cassie
    Aesop Marrakesch
    Aesop Mystra
    Tauer Lonestar Memories

Guerlain Shalimar Parfum (vintage)

Chanel Cuir De Russie

Guerlain Chamade EDT (vintage)
    Ungaro I

Last edited by alfarom; 6th October 2012 at 08:47 PM.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

^Some beauties there, Alfarom. Enjoy !

Roses Musk by Montale 100ml

Bitten the bullet and ordered PG Tonkamande it was haunting me

Just bought 40 ml Jimmy Choo edt for $35 at Marshall's in Orlando, FL. This buy is definitely one of my better Marshall's finds!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

That is sweet. I've recently developed quite an unindulged purse fetish.

Today I bought ... three more samples of Bond No. 9 I♥NY for Mothers from Thee-Bay and a Tacoma truck from Craigslist!!!!
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

15 ml bottle of Le Labo Iris 39 to go with the massage oil - so luxurious.
    small decants of Le Labo...Vanille 44 blind buy on way as we speak
    10 mls of a bottle split with matildaben of Shalimar Ode de La Vanille sur la Madagascar apres Vegas
    and one full (albeight small) bottle of Chanel Bois des Iles on the way.

Quarry, that will be one great smelling truck!
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Received Ruth Mastenbroek's Amorosa the other day.

L'Artisan Parfumeur's Mon Numero 7 on it's way.

Mini extraits of Panthere and Must de Cartier. Partial mini extrait of Givenchy III with manufacturers carded sample of same. 10ml decants of Guerlain Metallica and Shisiedo FdB Eau Timide and 5mls of Onda. Enough for sometime I think

Basenotes Plus

LOL Quarry 's truck!

Rene, I got a bottle of that Shalimar Madagascar in LV too. Mben is an enabling influence on me

*At Barney's - Byredo Pulp and matching lotion (finally pulled the trigger after two years of lust)
    *At Guerlain-the aforementioned Shalimar LE and a Guerlain lipstick & Meteorites in Transparent (coveted since NOLA)
    * At Neiman's- Maison Francis K Lumiere Noire Femme- tested Friday at Skins, bought Sunday
    * At Dior- a mascara
    * At skins 6/2- a Deborah Lippman nail polish that changes from bronze to a peacock green depending on the light and a red lip stain.

It's very rare I pay retail or go for these high end brands in the makeup dept, so these were HUGE treats. I try to buy something at each location the sniff visits, tho. Now that I'm home, I better use this stuff up
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Quote Originally Posted by chengfun View Post
    Received Ruth Mastenbroek's Amorosa the other day.
    Congrats, a lovely purchase - such a nice opening

Quote Originally Posted by Alityke View Post
    and 5mls of Onda. Enough for sometime I think
    The EDP? Beautiful, I have about 5mls of samples of the stuff Amazing. Although Rubj EDP is haunting me to a point where I KNOW I'll have it by the end of the year - amazing.

Basenotes Junkie anomie et ivoire's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grand Duc- WOW on the Shocking. Congrats!
    Evangeline- nice Judith Leiber. Love her belts!
    Alityke- rare as rocking horse droppings? That's one helluvah phrase. Always curious about Choc, being that it's a Francoise Caron. Love her work ...

In September I traveled a lot, shopping at every stop, some major highlights were:
    Jicky pdt, pre-reformulation Azuree, older Hypnotic Poison edt, 70s Magie Noire, a full boxed set of early 80s Balmain parfums, and vintage extrait of Tea Rose--so so so much better than the current.

And on eBay: Wrappings, Talisman, older Jungle L'Elephant, and like Alityke I also went for vintage extrait minis of Panthere and Must de Cartier-- in spite of not being able to do Obsession and hearing Must was no good, it's great!

Yes, I know I have a serious problem. But it's one of my more pleasant ones Now shifting to decants 'till Christmas ...yesterday I ordered decants of: Santa Maria Novella Potpourri, McQueen Kingdom, Etat Libre d'Orange Eloge du Traitre, newer Diorella, and Nahema parfum. It's joyous to confess these hauls to you who understand when I would die if anyone IRL knew! And what fun to read/see your treasures. I've missed it.
    Last edited by anomie et ivoire; 8th October 2012 at 08:04 PM.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by knit at nite View Post
    Rene, I got a bottle of that Shalimar Madagascar in LV too. Mben is an enabling influence on me

*At Barney's - Byredo Pulp and matching lotion (finally pulled the trigger after two years of lust)
    *At Guerlain-the aforementioned Shalimar LE and a Guerlain lipstick & Meteorites in Transparent (coveted since NOLA)
    * At Neiman's- Maison Francis K Lumiere Noire Femme- tested Friday at Skins, bought Sunday
    * At Dior- a mascara
    * At skins 6/2- a Deborah Lippman nail polish that changes from bronze to a peacock green depending on the light and a red lip stain.

It's very rare I pay retail or go for these high end brands in the makeup dept, so these were HUGE treats. I try to buy something at each location the sniff visits, tho. Now that I'm home, I better use this stuff up
    Sounds like you had a blast. Blaming Matildaben? Might she blame you in return for her purchases?

Quote Originally Posted by anomie et ivoire View Post
    Alityke- rare as rocking horse droppings? That's one helluvah phrase.
    She is a hoot, isn't she?
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Sounds like you had a blast. Blaming Matildaben? Might she blame you in return for her purchases?
    possibly the Lumiere Noire- the SA was adding a travel size of your choice to the purchase and mben had mentioned she might buy the LN, too. soooooooo....it went from there
    A Scent Rescuer

Very nice, everyone!

I bought Ormonde Jayne Ormonde Woman (at last!) and Donna Karan Signature (the re-issue of Donna Karan, in the cylindrical bottle).
    Last edited by turquoisewater; 9th October 2012 at 12:25 AM.

I had been mulling over Gucci guilty and ysl cinema for weeks as an easy fall designer fragrance, but the second I sniffed the new miss Dior le parfum I ordered it immediately. No mulling. It's stunning and I'm completely enamored. I may still get the other two but will maybe wait for holiday gift cards for those...
    “Women waste so much time wearing no perfume. As for me, in every step that I have taken in life, I have been accompanied by an exquisite perfume!”

― C. JoyBell C.

Basenotes Plus

Today I bought By Kilian Back to Black.

Quote Originally Posted by muskymoi View Post
    ...but the second I sniffed the new miss Dior le parfum I ordered it immediately. No mulling. It's stunning and I'm completely enamored. I may still get the other two but will maybe wait for holiday gift cards for those...
    Me too!! Well, I'm smitten with it but haven't bought it yet ...but I can't pass Saks without going in and letting it tease me a bit more. It was a surprise that I even sniffed it because I was mad at Dior, but I must admit that I just adore this new Miss Dior Le Parfum! I've acquired too many new perfumes lately, but I might just let this one be my last one for a while.

Me too!! Well, I'm smitten with it but haven't bought it yet ...but I can't pass Saks without going in and letting it tease me a bit more. It was a surprise that I even sniffed it because I was mad at Dior, but I must admit that I just adore this new Miss Dior Le Parfum! I've acquired too many new perfumes lately, but I might just let this one be my last one for a while.
    I'd never even bothered to try the other Miss Dior's (and Cherie's) on my skin much less buy them...But this one looked different when i passed it...and the name caught my eye because it said Le Parfum but had a spray nozzle...i thought that very odd, so that's why I even picked it up in the first place. Once I smelled it, I knew it was totally different...a real triumph, I think. I know I shouldn't have bought it, but there was not one minute of hesitation (I usually hesitate a bit before purchasing unless it's a huge bargain)! It's so so so great. I even slept with the touche near my pillow so I'd get a waft of it every now and again...Luvverly.
    “Women waste so much time wearing no perfume. As for me, in every step that I have taken in life, I have been accompanied by an exquisite perfume!”

― C. JoyBell C.

I bought Malizia Uomo Vetyver on the weekend (a great vetiver). Today I ordered a bottle of Rochas Man and decants of Aventus and Jo Malone Pomegranate Noir. (Really excited to finally try these last two!)

Ferrè Bergamotto Marino

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Dior Homme Intense (vintage juice)

Tom Ford - Santal Blush 50ml
    Amouage - Lyric for men 100ml
    Guerlain - Aqua Allegoria Lys Soleia 75ml
    Diptyque - 34 Boulevard Saint Germain 50ml
    (enough damage for October)

Coconut very nice haul indeed!

My decants and minis all arrived along with a mixed bunch of Artisan samples. All in perfect condition

Disappointingly my PG Tonkemande doesn't appear to have even been posted yet. Can anyone tell me how long Les Senteurs usually take to dispatch?

Flea market finds of today:

200ml KL Homme, vintage shower gel, sealed
    150ml KL Homme, vintage shave foam, sealed
    150g KL Homme, vintage soap bar, sealed
    125ml Lagerfeld Cologne, orig. vtg. cologne, sealed
    30ml Must de Cartier, vtg. EdT, incl. leather sleeve, full
    14ml Fendi, pure vintage parfum, in original box, full
    14ml Fendi, pure vintage parfum, in other Fendi box, full

Quote Originally Posted by whimsicaldiva View Post
    Annick Goutal Ce Soir ou Jamais EDP 1.7 oz
    Caron Narcisse Noir EDT 3.4 oz

Both blind buys. I hope I like it. Got it for a fantastic price and knew I won't get such a great deal again.
    Both are brilliant!

Added a couple more to my collection

Caron Nuit de Noel 50ml from Amazon
    Parfums d'Empire Cuir Ottoman 3.4oz from luckyscent
    Mona di Orio Vanille 100 ml from The Perfume Shoppe
    Chanel Cuir de Russie 6.8oz EDT from ebay

Um. Am banned for the rest of the month, lol. Spent almost $600 already!
    Last edited by whimsicaldiva; 24th October 2012 at 07:04 PM.

10ml bottles of Von Eusersdorff fragrances:

Classic Patchouli
    Classic Vetiver
    Classic Myrrh
    Classic Mimosa

Didn't buy though :P Gifted from the company
    They're all lovely perfumes. The mimosa I'm absolutely loving, the patchouli is what it is - a stunning camphorous patchouli, the myrrh is a brilliant violet/cedar/incense, and the vetiver more of a grapefruit, lemon tea thing with clean vetiver (my least favourite).

Scent of spring

Fleurs de Citronnier by SL

Basenotes Plus

Balmya to complete my Balmain collection
    21 (or is it 28?)Costume National
    Boudoir
    some fancy soaps
    A Scent Rescuer

I bought Loretta on Sunday and she arrived yesterday. It is the quickest delivery I've had from First in Fragrance.
    Do happy

I bought Si Lolita Lempicka and it arrived yesterday. Reminds me of a more peppery D&G The One. A bit masculine and overpowering on first spray, but very warm and cozy on the drydown. I layered it with some Victoria's Secret lotion with a caramel-hazelnut fragrance (can't remember the name now lol) and they work together wonderfully.

Basenotes Plus

Today I bought Guerlain Les Elixirs Charnels Oriental Brulant.

Last edited by Kiliwia; 18th October 2012 at 04:53 PM.

^ Oooh that's a pretty bottle! Hope you got a deal on it! Sounds like a great scent!

I sold several items and got Drole De Rose 1.7 ounce.. Off the Christmas list!
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Etat Libre d'Orange Fils de Dieu du Riz et des Agrumes.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman