Code of Conduct

Default "This would be my signature fragrance if..."

I (like a few others), joined BN to find a new signature fragrance. I had been wearing Le Male for 10+ years and wanted something to replace it, and this brought me to the place I am today, staring at ~35 bottles. Not complaining, but, I think back to the original goal, and I feel like if I had to I know what I would pick as a SS, but there are some others in my collection which are exceptionally close to being there.

Canali Black Diamond - A truly remarkably smooth fragrance with a great blend of Fruit Notes combined with leather, it would be my signature if... It lasted more than 4 hours, and projected more than a little!

Carolina Herrera CH Men - While not pushing the boundries of perfumery, CH Men is a really nice fragrance, some soft citrus balancing out the Vanilla and Sugar, with a gentle leather note. It would be my signature if it lasted more than 8 hours, and projected at all

PR One Million - A rich fragrance, Cinnamon/Manderin Orange, lasts and lasts, projects wonderfully. It would be my signature if... Every other person in the city didn't wear it.

Creed Aventus - Many would disagree, but the Pineapple and smoke combination is really unique to my nose. Alluring and enjoyable to wear. It would be my signature fragrance if... Well, if I found it first on my fragrance journey.

You get the idea! Pick out a few and have fun with it
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Default Re: "This would be my signature fragrance if..."

Aramis, which I find abhorrent, would be my signature only if a gun were held to my head and my family were threatened with harm.

Amouage Honour Man would be a strong contender - if the initial pepper blast lasted for much shorter a time.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    aramis, which i find abhorrent, would be my signature only if a gun were held to my head and my family were threatened with harm.
    LOL!

GIT would be mine if...I didn't enjoy sooo many others. Sometimes I want fresh, sometimes, soft & gentle, sometimes very manly & loud, sometimes gourmand, and sometimes just plain different & unique. I could never limit myself to just 1 signature...

Aside from the problem that I just get bored easily, which would follow literally any fragrance I could name...

Pure Malt would be my signature fragrance if... I could wear it more easily in warm weather. I love the way that thing smells (though it took me a few wearings to decide that) but it's very dependent on the temperature and humidity for me.

If I had to (HAD TO) pick an actual signature, I suspect Original Vetiver would be the one I'd land on. Of course, it doesn't have any sweetness so I"d still need to shake it up pretty regularly.

Dependent

dior homme is mine.......... CH men is such a good one go with that so underrated
    1. Dior Homme Original
    2. Musc Ravaguer
    3. Portrait of a Lady
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. L Instant Guerlain pour Homme Extreme
    6. New Haarlem
    7. Pure Coffee
    8. Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond
    9. Rose 31
    10. Spiritueuse Double Vanille

Egoiste, if variety wasn't the spice of life.

Fahrenheit if you Dior could leave it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by fit&frag'd View Post
    GIT would be mine if...I didn't enjoy sooo many others.
    EXACTLY! My signature scent would be Gucci Pour Homme II, if I didn't enjoy so many others. The idea of a signature scent cracks me up. I see people talk about having a signature scent even if they wear that scent less than once a week. Signature doesn't mean favorite. It means something people could recognize you by. I don't have a signature scent anymore since I'd struggle to wear the same thing more than twice a week. I love GphII so much, but I don't end up wearing it often enough for it to be a signature. But if I had to limit myself to one fragrance, or even one to wear more often than all others combined, it would be GphII.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by martinijo View Post
    Egoiste, if variety wasn't the spice of life.
    I always thought cilantro was the spice of life. Oh, wait. That's the spice of salsa. MMMmmmmmmm, salsa!

Dior Fahrenheit, and I can`t find a reason why not!

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I agree that Dior Fahrenheit can be an excellent signature fragrance. I would simply take it easy on the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by senore01 View Post
    I agree that Dior Fahrenheit can be an excellent signature fragrance. I would simply take it easy on the trigger.
    Yup! And the beauty of Fahrenheit's age is that it is long enough past its heyday that it isn't cliche. And yet, despite its age, it doesn't smell dated.

I probably should edit my previous reply to say that Gucci Pour Homme II would be my signature if awesome scents like Fahrenheit didn't exist

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Aramis, which I find abhorrent, would be my signature only if a gun were held to my head and my family were threatened with harm.
    that's funny!!!

- - - Updated - - -

John Varvatos Artisan.....if it could last a bit more than 2 mins!!!

A*Men - If the tar note was toned down a lot
    Pure Malt - If it didn't cost $100 a bottle
    D&G The One - If it projected...and lasted

PR 1 million used to be my signature a year or so ago, but that was back when I was fragrance ignorant. It's way too sweet to be a signature fragrance in my opinion.

As for now, Aventus would be my signature scent if....I didn't love frags so much and it wasn't so expensive.

rive gauche would be my signature, if i didn't love to save it for special occasions

Creed Silver Mountain Water would be my signature fragrance if it didn't cost a million dollars and I could sustainably buy bottles of it. I love everything about it except for price and I recently bought the only bottle of it that I think I'll ever buy. Gotta make it last!

Creed MI . . . if every batch had the luscious melon of my favorite 2007 batch.
    Creed GIT . . . if every batch had the sumptuous violet of my favorite 2008 batch (there's a trend developing here).
    Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte . . . if it lasted a tad longer.
    Tom Ford Neroli Portofino . . . if it were a bit more complex and nonlinear.
    Guerlain Double Vanille . . . if I didn't live in a place that's over 90 degrees 9/12 months.

This is a fun thread.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

A signature scent for me is :

- The one i wear for my own pleasure
    - The one that unintentionally happen to have the most wearings in my wardrobe count .

I love you Pure Malt .
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

Banned

Pure Havane if it would still be in production.

Guerlainista

Habit Rouge is my signature scent.

If it didn't exist, PdN New York or Egoiste would be it.

Or maybe Derby, if it weren't so expensive.

Or Jicky EdP if I didn't think it was too intimate.

Or vintage Mitsouko PdT if it weren't impossible to get and a bit too loud.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SpicyPepper View Post
    rive gauche would be my signature, if i didn't love to save it for special occasions
    Ooh! Good answer!!!