Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1

    Default Allure Homme Extreme edition. When to wear it?

    I know this is a love it/hate it frag. But i happen to like it and i brought it.
    I like it but with all my frags i can seperate them into evening/party/dinner scents
    day/summer scents. scents id wear in the evening but not in the day like 1 million for eg. (an example peeps i no longer own 1m)

    i really struggle to find a place to wear it. I tried it at work and it worked fine in the office but worried its a lil too much. Its not quite there as an evening scent or even as a lady killer. So is it back in the wardrobe for nwxt summer as a strong daytime scent for the weekend.
    What do you guys who love extreme think.

  2. #2
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    83,840

    Default Re: Allure Homme Extreme edition. When to wear it?

    I can only speak for myself. I would wear I at any time.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Allure Homme Extreme edition. When to wear it?

    Yes, it seems to get trashed here on BN quite a bit, but I happen to love it. It's easily in my top 10, if not close to top 5. I actually find it extremely versatile & wearable. I didn't have a problem wearing it in the summer (except for really hot days), and think it's working great in the fall weather. I'm sure I'll wear it in the winter & spring as well. I actually like it for the office & don't think it's too much at all (unless you overdose on it). Yes, it's a strong frag, so just go with one good shot to the upper chest (maybe a light second to the back of the neck) & you'll probably be good for the day.

    I have other frags I like to wear in more formal situations and for evenings out, but other than that, I'd easily wear this one for just about anything. One of the most versatile I have, actually.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Allure Homme Extreme edition. When to wear it?

    make it your new category...."scent for all occasions"

  5. #5
    Dependent
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    killeen texas
    Posts
    1,143

    Default Re: Allure Homme Extreme edition. When to wear it?

    i wear it all the time
    1. Dior Homme Original
    2. Musc Ravaguer
    3. Portrait of a Lady
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. L Instant Guerlain pour Homme Extreme
    6. New Haarlem
    7. Pure Coffee
    8. Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond
    9. Rose 31
    10. Spiritueuse Double Vanille

  6. #6

    Default Re: Allure Homme Extreme edition. When to wear it?

    Quote Originally Posted by THEREALJWIL View Post
    make it your new category...."scent for all occasions"
    Now we are talking lol. It is a strong initial fragrance but its dry down is beautiful. Cheers for the responses guys.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Allure Homme Extreme edition. When to wear it?

    Perfect for all occasions and seasons. IMO, It beats Bleu by a wide margin.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Allure Homme Extreme edition. When to wear it?

    Hugely underrated scent. The drydown is gorgeous. I think it's an anytime scent, but it works well as a "night time romantic" scent, because it settles beautifully into a lovely soft, warm skin scent.

  9. #9
    Basenotes Plus
    senore01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NEW YORK CITY
    Posts
    3,854
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Allure Homme Extreme edition. When to wear it?

    Very underrated and overly trashed for no reason. I like this scent very much and it is versatile. I rather enjoy it a tad more as an evening scent, though I have worn it to work many days and received compliments.

  10. #10
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Roman Ridge, Accra
    Posts
    226

    Default Re: Allure Homme Extreme edition. When to wear it?

    I hope you're talking about Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme. if so, it's certainly true that people tend to hate it....but deep down they all know it's a carefully made fine fragrance, and they know they love it. They just don't wanna be honest....probably because it's a Chanel and the Chanel line is in a league of its own. It's like the "most fly" dude on campus that people don't really like beacuse he's just too fly and cool.

    As for mine, I wear it anytime I want. It's perferct for all occasions IMO.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Allure Homme Extreme edition. When to wear it?

    I think it just got caught up in the ridiculous stampede to trash everything that Chanel produces these days.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Allure Homme Extreme edition. When to wear it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Riverwide View Post
    I think it just got caught up in the ridiculous stampede to trash everything that Chanel produces these days.
    Very true. It seems like the new trend is: Chanel releases something, someone finds some sort of problem with it (generally "it isn't worth the Chanel price tag" or "it is not unique), and it get's bashed.

    My rule of thumb? Go spray it at Macy's, make a decision, THEN read the reviews

  13. #13

    Default Re: Allure Homme Extreme edition. When to wear it?

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeJ View Post
    Very true. It seems like the new trend is: Chanel releases something, someone finds some sort of problem with it (generally "it isn't worth the Chanel price tag" or "it is not unique), and it get's bashed.

    My rule of thumb? Go spray it at Macy's, make a decision, THEN read the reviews
    Very well said!

  14. #14
    Basenotes Plus
    senore01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NEW YORK CITY
    Posts
    3,854
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Allure Homme Extreme edition. When to wear it?

    I also agree with the statements that Chanel gets bashed when in fact, the fragrances are very well made. Chanel Blue for example. It was trashed to death when first released. Not up to chanel standard, a safe fragrance, etc. It is a wonderful fragrance and worthy of the Chanel brand. It sells very well and has picked up considerably. MikeJ is absolutely correct. Go and sniff the scent for yourself. Then read the reviews.
    One man's junk is another mans treasure.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Allure Homme Extreme edition. When to wear it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Riverwide View Post
    I think it just got caught up in the ridiculous stampede to trash everything that Chanel produces these days.
    Agree.

  16. #16
    Basenotes Plus
    senore01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NEW YORK CITY
    Posts
    3,854
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Allure Homme Extreme edition. When to wear it?

    I have worn it to work/on weekends going out/hanging outside with the boys/just about anywhere that I please. I find the eau extreme version to be very versatile.

  17. #17
    Dependent del's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    6,202
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Allure Homme Extreme edition. When to wear it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Riverwide View Post
    Hugely underrated scent. The drydown is gorgeous. I think it's an anytime scent, but it works well as a "night time romantic" scent, because it settles beautifully into a lovely soft, warm skin scent.
    Quote Originally Posted by senore01 View Post
    Very underrated and overly trashed for no reason. I like this scent very much and it is versatile. I rather enjoy it a tad more as an evening scent, though I have worn it to work many days and received compliments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverwide View Post
    I think it just got caught up in the ridiculous stampede to trash everything that Chanel produces these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeJ View Post
    Very true. It seems like the new trend is: Chanel releases something, someone finds some sort of problem with it (generally "it isn't worth the Chanel price tag" or "it is not unique), and it get's bashed.

    My rule of thumb? Go spray it at Macy's, make a decision, THEN read the reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by senore01 View Post
    I also agree with the statements that Chanel gets bashed when in fact, the fragrances are very well made. Chanel Blue for example. It was trashed to death when first released. Not up to chanel standard, a safe fragrance, etc. It is a wonderful fragrance and worthy of the Chanel brand. It sells very well and has picked up considerably. MikeJ is absolutely correct. Go and sniff the scent for yourself. Then read the reviews.
    One man's junk is another mans treasure.
    Quote Originally Posted by justiceanthony View Post
    I hope you're talking about Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme. if so, it's certainly true that people tend to hate it....but deep down they all know it's a carefully made fine fragrance, and they know they love it. They just don't wanna be honest....probably because it's a Chanel and the Chanel line is in a league of its own. It's like the "most fly" dude on campus that people don't really like beacuse he's just too fly and cool.

    As for mine, I wear it anytime I want. It's perferct for all occasions IMO.

    Quoting because these ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ need to be read again.

    I like Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme when I tried it in the summer and early fall. It lasts, projects, and it smells nice. Can be worn during the day or night, IMO. However, I'm not sure how it's going to perform on a very cold winter day.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 53
    Last Post: 29th June 2014, 07:41 PM
  2. Classier fragrance: Allure Edition Blanche or Allure Homme Sport?
    By JonnyLeMale in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 7th February 2012, 04:06 PM
  3. Allure Edition Blanche Vs. Allure Homme Sports
    By neo_angel in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 27th July 2011, 04:30 PM
  4. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 1st December 2010, 12:22 AM
  5. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12th March 2010, 01:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000