Code of Conduct

Thread: Niche Samples

Default Niche Samples

Hi I'm looking to buy a niche cologne but I don't know which one... Where can I sample them? I know a few houses like Hermes (Hermessence) and Serge Lutens will give samples if you ask but I want to include a wider range to choose from. Also... Any to recommend? A few of my favorite fragrances are Versace Eau Fraiche and Chanel Allure Homme Sport..
    Thanks!

Default Re: Niche Samples

There's a huge thread that is stickied on this topic over on the Fragrance Industry and General Fragrance Discussion sub-forum, I'd suggest starting there.

Just try as many as you can, many houses have many great options to choose from, just limit yourself to what sounds good to you. My favorite line to recommend is Frederic Malle, they have a wide range of wonderful scents, but you'll have to pay for their samples. L'Artisan might be a good place to start, they'll send out samples within reason.

Yeah I saw that thread.. Hermes already sent me a few samples Oh what is the "within reason"?

I got 4 I believe, but that's all I asked for, I didn't want to sound greedy.

If you are willing to part with money - Lukyscent.

Hermes is very generous with samples as well. I know from experience. Just send them an email.

I have had a ton of success with samples from Barneys in Las Vegas. I don't know if it's because I have purchased a few frags from there or what, but I asked for about 10 samples recently and they sent me nice sized samples, and all of the Frederic Malle samples that I asked for were official samples and they sent me 2-3 of each. You might want to try and contact them and see if they will do the same. They have been extremely generous.

Quote Originally Posted by Kybid View Post
    I have had a ton of success with samples from Barneys in Las Vegas. I don't know if it's because I have purchased a few frags from there or what, but I asked for about 10 samples recently and they sent me nice sized samples, and all of the Frederic Malle samples that I asked for were official samples and they sent me 2-3 of each. You might want to try and contact them and see if they will do the same. They have been extremely generous.
    I emailed them and they said they dont have samples at the time. Also L'Artisan just replied to my email that they would be happy to send some samples to me!

I private messaged you.