Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Default Re: What makes Creed Aventus so exceptional

Like most Creed fragrances, I'd be more inclined to talk about what makes it so unexceptional. Sad, tinny little things.

I like Aventus because it's bad to the bone. Period. I have
    paid full price and discounted prices.
    None of my friends wear it - and they have started making comments about my 'musk'. That alone
    is worth $300 retail. Screw pineapple and smoke. It smells like an elitist know it all....with patchouli on the
    the underside.
    "All of my 2012 batches of Aventus smell EXACTLY the same...even the grey market one with an Arabic lot sticker on the bottom of the bottle." - BT260

Quote Originally Posted by pluran View Post
    Like most Creed fragrances, I'd be more inclined to talk about what makes it so unexceptional. Sad, tinny little things.
    Not everyone likes something so in your face, that shouts out so loudly.

Thats one thing ive noticed about Aventus, it is my first Creed purchase, and it is the first fragrance ive ever owned that feels like it has been made by someone with impeccable taste.

Now, that could be an illusion of grandeur or placebo effect on me from the very expensive price tag, but i dont believe it is.

I dont want something thick, heavy and cloying to my skin all day, i want something fresh, different, distinctive.

I am actually looking forward to wearing it out in the next few weeks to see if i get any opinions, in favour of or negative.

I shant be fishing for compliments or suggesting to people that im wearing something new, I shall have to wait and see what happens...

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    The reason it gets so much love is because it has all the mass appeal of the lowest common denominator mass market scents, but still lets people feel superior and snobbish because they spent $100-200 on a bottle of scent that "nobody else is wearing."

Snobby + (compliment)slutty = community hype.

See also: New Haarlem, LIDGE, DHI.
    Agree with this. I own it, wear it, and can enjoy it, but many times its purely because it's going to be well received and inoffensive where I'm planning to wear it that day. I never wear it purely for my own pleasure, but like it enough to consider wearing it as a "nice piece of my wardrobe" rather than the "olfactory masterpiece" that's it toted to be by many.

It does what it does well. However what it does I don't consider all that impressive IMHO.

Okay, I thoroughly tested Creed Aventus during past days, thanks to a decant kindly provided by a friend.
    In my opinion it's an "average" perfume, sold with an offensive price tag, similarly to many "niche" perfumes.
    Nothing extraordinary.
    My suggestion: don't pay such high amounts of money for these overrated scents. There are plenty of discontinued perfumes much , much better than these "niche" frags.

Until I've smelled it and my mind has been blown I'd go with the hype.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Andrè Moreau View Post
    Okay, I thoroughly tested Creed Aventus during past days, thanks to a decant kindly provided by a friend.
    In my opinion it's an "average" perfume, sold with an offensive price tag, similarly to many "niche" perfumes.
    Nothing extraordinary.
    My suggestion: don't pay such high amounts of money for these overrated scents. There are plenty of discontinued perfumes much , much better than these "niche" frags.
    HA HA HA HA!!!! Such blasphemy against the god of Creed! NO ONE could hate Aventus, it defies all laws of physics, and your firstborn will have a tail....Ummm....sorry, I lost it for a moment. Well said Andre, I agree.
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

As many as some trying to deny it, men DO love fruity scent. Try to ask the people who love Aventus would they still buy if it doesn’t have the pineapple note?

The same phenomenon you see in fruity aquatic Acuqa di Gio.

Question Creed Queries - is my bottle genuine?, etc.

Creed bottles usually don't come with plastic wrapping. Exceptions might be if you buy from someone else than their authorized retailers. Then the fragrance might be coated with cellophane to reassure customers that the product is legit. So if yours doesn't come with plastic, rest assured; this is normal. A way to tell if your bottle is real(assuming you got the bigger black bottle) is to shine a powerful light from behind it. If there is a purpe tint to the bottle, this is one sign of its authenticy. If you buy a small bottle(like mine), the bottle cap should have a golden crest on the top. Bigger bottle don't seem to have this. The cap would be all black in this case.

The sprayer itself should be white(like in the picture) and surrounded by a thin white circle at the bottom where the sprayer meets the tip of the bottle. Most fakes won't have this, so if yours do that is a pretty good sign. Also, the fakes might misspell the name François. They spell it without the curl on the 'c'. This seems to be quite common. Other spelling issues might occur also. The "manual" comes in four languages; Italian, English, German and French. A lot of fakes come in Arabic only.

You should also compare the serial numbers to see if they match, on the box and on the bottle. Most fakes these days will have this, but none-the-less it's a surefire way to tell it's a fake if they don't match. The serial number on the bottle should be located at the edge of the base. If you can't find it, shine a powerful light and it should be easy enough to find. If your bottle should happen to not have one, it's most definitely a fake.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ludic; 20th November 2013 at 01:05 PM.

Default Re: Is it possible this is a fake Creed?

I can't imagine a reputable site like Luckyscent/Scent Bar selling a fake. I have purchased from them numerous times, and they maintain a near perfect reputation and are well respected.

I can understand your concerns with the cap being loose, but I recently purchased a large bottle of Royal Oud full retail from Neiman Marcus and the cap comes off very easily. My cap sounds just like yours, but I know it's legit and am otherwise very happy. Also, I am fairly certain that the smaller bottles of GIT are clear, but don't take my word on it because I have one of the larger black bottles.

How does the actual fragrance smell? If it smells legit, then it is legit. Your nose is the best way to tell.

Fake....from LuckyScent.....NO!!!!

Your bottle is real.

Luckyscent is legit as it gets. I trust them 100%.

My MI from Neiman Marcus has a cap that takes off the sprayer head every once in a while lol.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    Honestly, if you purchased from Luckyscent, it is legit.
    Absolutely
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Splash Bottles Suck

Luckyscent definitely doesn't sell fakes, so if there are issues with the cap being loose or bottle being a different color, this is the responsibility of the perfume house (i.e. Creed).

Quote Originally Posted by Ludic View Post
    I recently purchased a 1oz(30ml) bottle of Green Irish Tweed from luckyscent.
    All you needed to say. It's legit.

No mention of how it smells?

Anyone?

Looks legit - my 30ml Creed Green Irish Tweed (one I use for travel) is the same. Loose top, more loose than the 75ml and 120ml bottles (except Royal Oud, that darn thing flops off and it's a store bought one), and I know mine is legit since it was purchased from the Creed Boutique in NYC, prior one was bought in Neiman Marcus.

You're good man. Spray away without delay.

Quote Originally Posted by joe mcclaine View Post
    Anyone?
    6 long term members have just said it's definitely genuine.
    How many more does it take?

The 30ml bottles are clear. The 120ml bottle is the black/purple one.

Quote Originally Posted by martinijo View Post
    6 long term members have just said it's definitely genuine.
    How many more does it take?
    Did you read my signature?

Quote Originally Posted by joe mcclaine View Post
    Did you read my signature?
    Please accept my apologies.
    Many of these threads are beyond irony or parody.
    This one is one still in it's infancy but has the potential to go a long way, maybe even as far as a bump in 6 years time.

Basenotes Plus

The 4oz GIT bottles are black..
    When you shine a light through them the light looks purple..
    Your bottle is clear glass so no purple color to it..
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    ― Oscar Wilde

Any authorized retailer is selling you real product. Luckyscent is authorized to the hilt. It is fine, no worries-guaranteed.

Finding a 1oz Creed fake is rare to non-existent anyway. They counterfeit the big bottles, not going after small potatoes.

Anything from Luckyscent is a guarantee. Now search here for where to find Creed for prices that are more down to earth as opposed to paying full retail.

All right. Thanks a lot, guys. Really appreciate the replies. The fragrance smells like a sample I got from perfumedcourt. Just a little paranoid as I said. I hear fakes are getting really good these days, so just being a little bit extra careful.

-Fake Creed Alert! All Clear-

A loose top - it's legit! ;-)

Why would you be worried about a fake from a place you had to pay full retail?

Creed is notorious for loose fitting caps. I don't know what you mean by purple tint, but the bigger bottles are black but you can see into them when you put a strong light up to it. The 1 oz bottle should be clear like yours. I am 99.9% sure if you got it from Luckyscent, it's authentic. Places to worry about would be Ebay, and 3rd party Amazon sellers.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

aUTHENTIC , especially if from LuckyScents ...bottle looks legit, Creed Is a juice that gets betters as it ages IMHO through Empirical exams in my part .....
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

I don't trust Lucky Scent, Neimans, or Saks; when I want the real stuff I get it from China......

Maybe I am getting jaded about all of this Creed stuff but I would suggest that if you are paranoid about getting fake bottles, even when paying full price from a legitimate and respected retailer, then you should probably just avoid anything from the house.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Bond No.9 New York Oud
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

bought many scents from LuckyScent and, IMHO, they are the very best of the online sellers. So fake? Not possible, IMHO.

It's a fake, be assured.
    Just kidding! As someone said, lucky scent is as legit as it gets, so don't worry. Enjoy the juice!

About the loose cap- I'd quote a YouTube comment -
    "What explains the loose caps on all the bottles? Variation in the plastic crop that Olivier Creed hand picks in the field?"

Quote Originally Posted by rarebear View Post
    The 4oz GIT bottles are black..
    When you shine a light through them the light looks purple..
    Your bottle is clear glass so no purple color to it..
    l o l
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

This thread is being honoured with a highly coveted award - it is hereby declared the Official Fake Creed thread!
    Congrats, O.P. - your thread will live in history as the fake Creed destination thread.

Thanks for all of the lovely pictures, btw - they will become the new standard reference material for future Creed botherers.

Can we devote another page or two to discussing the lustrous tint of the bottle and whether one should only look at it to assess whether it's genuine in actual sunlight or whether halogen is, you know, cool if it's overcast? More stuff like that?

Oh wow. I'm honored. lol. I'll update the OP with what I've learned so far and stuff I learn in the future on how to tell if a bottle is fake or not.
    Thanks for being so understandable, guys, and for all the quick replies. I love this community.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. reasonable View Post
    Can we devote another page or two to discussing the lustrous tint of the bottle and whether one should only look at it to assess whether it's genuine in actual sunlight or whether halogen is, you know, cool if it's overcast? More stuff like that?

Of course

& thanks for being a good sport, Ludic!

OP may have ruined his juice by shining a light through it. You should always keep you bottles from bright and direct light but it sounds like people are shining bright lights into their bottles deliberately. I'm surprised to hear such terrible advice from veteran members. For best results bottles should be stored and sprayed in a temp controlled dark room.

Quote Originally Posted by Awakening950 View Post
    OP may have ruined his juice by shining a light through it. You should always keep you bottles from bright and direct light but it sounds like people are shining bright lights into their bottles deliberately. I'm surprised to hear such terrible advice from veteran members. For best results bottles should be stored and sprayed in a temp controlled dark room.

" It sounds like people are shining bright lights into their bottles deliberately."
    Not only that, but posting about it in the official fake Creed thread !
    These are dark days for the online fragrance community.

Default First purchase of Creed Aventus, could someone verify for me?

Using Tapatalk

Default Re: First purchase of Creed Aventus, could someone verify for me?

What things don't match up?

Where did you buy it?

Is there a lot number on the back lower rim of the bottle? If so, does it match the number on the box?

Does it smell legit to you?
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Angelique Encens, Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...emons-Batucada

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Angelique Encens, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Just from the pictures it looks OK but without knowing your specific concerns it's hard to help you.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    What things don't match up?

Where did you buy it?

Is there a lot number on the back lower rim of the bottle? If so, does it match the number on the box?

Does it smell legit to you?
    I got it from fragrancenet. I read that the millisme on the back of the box shouldn't have the accent and some of the boxes I've seen don't quit look like mine. Im obviously new to all of this as you can tell. The lot numbers match. I have a sample of it and it smells about the same.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mustang_52 View Post
    I got it from fragrancenet. I read that the millisme on the back of the box shouldn't have the accent and some of the boxes I've seen don't quit look like mine. Im obviously new to all of this as you can tell. The lot numbers match. I have a sample of it and it smells about the same.

I'd say you're OK then. Packaging is known to change in some markets where a fragrance is intended to be sold. (614)

Tacky & legit!

Ok, I believe it's legit, but I just thought I'd throw it out there to you experts!

Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Papi Le Bon View Post
    Tacky & legit!
    I know, I panicked. Sorry guys. I'm just building my collection and I wanna get it right!

Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    This thread is being honoured with a highly coveted award - it is hereby declared the Official Fake Creed thread!
    So is it THE Fake Creed thread? That is, are all Fake Creed inquiries supposed to go here? Or is this the gold standard for how Fake Creed threads should be made?

If the former, I nominate the following thread for merge:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/371...-verify-for-me
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

Enjoy it

You can feel secure with Fragrancenet. They do not sell fakes.
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Angelique Encens, Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...emons-Batucada

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Angelique Encens, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Hiya Mustang & welcome!

Please note that this thread is being merged with the existing sticky thread on the same subject.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/371...=1#post2996890

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zatarain View Post
    So is it THE Fake Creed thread? That is, are all Fake Creed inquiries supposed to go here? Or is this the gold standard for how Fake Creed threads should be made?

If the former, I nominate the following thread for merge:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/371...-verify-for-me
    Thanks Zatarain, the former - they have been merged so that all of the info. is in the same thread!

There are some older discussions of fake Creeds here: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/184816-Fake-Creed

Is it possible to rename it to "Official Fake Creed Thread" or something along those lines to prevent new threads on the subject?

Also, if people could post pictures of their authentic Creeds it would be much appreciated. I know a lot of people would find it extremely helpful.
    Last edited by Ludic; 19th November 2013 at 09:59 PM.

Will edit the title for you, Ludic!

Default Re: Creed Queries - is my bottle genuine?, etc.

Enjoy!

Default LT42B13T01 - Real Batch?

image.jpg

Hi

Is The lot LT42B13T01 legitimate?
    I can only find one reference to it via google.

Also, the back box looks suspect. Authorised Creed Retailers can sell it - I'd hope so if it were real!

Cheers All

- - - Updated - - -

Attachment 22732

Attachment 22733

- - - Updated - - -

I've emailed the Creed UK folk and I'll probably ring them tomorrow.
    Last edited by Parpmeister; 23rd November 2013 at 04:46 PM. Reason: More pics

Default Re: LT42B13T01 - Real Batch?

First of all, where did u buy it?

And I'm not sure but I thought lot numbers were only 8 signs long. I might be wrong though. Hopefully someone else can confirm/refute.