Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Default Does anyone go out of their way to get their nails, toe nails, eye brows done by at some type of

male shop? The grooming lounge comes to mind.

Default Re: Does anyone go out of their way to get their nails, toe nails, eye brows done by at some type of

What's to be done?
    If one owns nail clippers, toe nail clippers and a nail file (for any sharp bits) and a decent eyebrow trimmer (like the one I described in my Eyebrow Trimmer thread) I can't see the point.

Women definitely notice eyebrows that could use some work, but most don't have any expectations about men's nails providing they are trimmed and clean.

But then again - maybe I've missed something. What would you envision?
    Cheers,
    Renato

Default Re: Does anyone go out of their way to get their nails, toe nails, eye brows done by at some type of

I have an electric nail manicure pedicure drill file tool kit and take care of business myself.

No, but occasionally I cut my hair in barbershops "specifically designed for male needs and tastes" (whatever this means) and since they have more complete beauty and grooming routines for men available (including manicure, pedicure etc.), I might be interested to give their other offers also a try.

Basenotes Plus

No. There are far more important things to be done in this world.

Hi senore01,

You've posed your question to the guys here, but I hope you don't mind my input on this. I get a manicure/pedicure every month at a rather large spa & there are always a few men getting the same treatment. Though the clientele is predominantly female no one bats an eye at it. (Actually we think it's rather confident & sexy for a man to take his grooming so seriously.) Other than providing a polished look, the leg & foot massage is extremely relaxing!

I say give a try. I bet it won't be your last time!

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    No. There are far more important things to be done in this world.
    Agree.

When I was in Manila a few years ago, i ventured into a salon for a haircut and shave. As i was seated in the big chair waiting, a girl asked if i wanted my nails done - fingers & toes. I said, why not? go for it and it was fantasticly relaxing and enjoyable. A pedicure is of more worth to me, hard skin etc, as a manicure is wasted after 1 day back at work up to my elbows in ink and oil.

If you get the chance, try it. Its not the most essential thing to do but it is nice.

Nope, a $1 nail file (emmry board, whatever it's called) is all I need