Code of Conduct
    treeman5823

Default Creed Bottles-- Come On

I know raising a discussion based on the superficiality of bottles is somewhat pointless, but--Creed bottles?

Come on.

I think this best embodies my criticism:

Really?

Post your least favorite Creed bottle.

Default Re: Creed Bottles-- Come On

Actually don't find any of them distasteful, and have over 25 in my collection.

I don't mind them either.

Spring Flower isn't one of my favourite designs, but for the most part I like Creed Bottles. Hell, one of my favourite bottles ever is Silver Mountain Water. That bottle just looks elegant as hell on my shelf.

I really like their 75ml bottles.

I think they look awesome.

Alot of the bottles, especially those containing feminine scents look pretty cheesy. Less so with the masculines. I will say however that the caps are absolute garbage, I own four Creeds and the caps on my GIT and Aventus barely stay on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulsterman View Post
    I will say however that the caps are absolute garbage, I own four Creeds and the caps on my GIT and Aventus barely stay on.
    I have to agree with that, and it's funny that you mention the caps of GIT and Aventus. I have bottles of those as well and their caps don't stay on either. My SMW bottle cap, however, stays on pretty well (I can even carry the bottle just by holding the cap).

I wonder if certain Creeds frags have that problem, or if it's a random thing.

I think they look elegant. The best ones are the black GIT bottle, gold MI bottle, SMW and Himalaya.

Quote Originally Posted by sillage monster View Post
    I have to agree with that, and it's funny that you mention the caps of GIT and Aventus. I have bottles of those as well and their caps don't stay on either. My SMW bottle cap, however, stays on pretty well (I can even carry the bottle just by holding the cap).

I wonder if certain Creeds frags have that problem, or if it's a random thing.

My MI and SMW caps are tight as a drum. The others barely stay on.

Yeah, I've seen a lot of threads/posts about cap issues with a lot of Creed frags. My bottle of GIT has a very loose cap as well. As for the bottles, I can't say I'm all too familiar with the more feminine designs, but I find the masculine and unisex bottles pretty cool & classy for the most part.

Maybe a bit too baroque for me.

Quote Originally Posted by fit&frag'd View Post
    Yeah, I've seen a lot of threads/posts about cap issues with a lot of Creed frags. My bottle of GIT has a very loose cap as well. As for the bottles, I can't say I'm all too familiar with the more feminine designs, but I find the masculine and unisex bottles pretty cool & classy for the most part.
    I actually like the bottles for all of the Creeds I own, GIT and SMW especially, but if you've ever seen the bottle for say Aqua Florentina, it has this cheap silver band sticker around the bottle with roses on it. I see that and just scratch my head, the quality of the finish doesn't meet the price tag.

I hate all perfume bottles man. How they contain liquid, and have defined shapes and stuff, that's just plain silly.

Nothing wrong with Creed bottles and the one in your picture is a bottle for the ladies.

I dislike them - as well as that silly crossed swords thing in the name's calligraphic logo.

I love the Creed bottles, though I have to admit that I get quite giddy when I see one of Amouage's bottles.

I like the 75ml-flacons but think the 120ml ones are ugly. They look like hip flasks for alcoholics. The 30ml-ones don't look right either because the proportions look skewed.

Love 'em all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulsterman View Post
    I actually like the bottles for all of the Creeds I own, GIT and SMW especially, but if you've ever seen the bottle for say Aqua Florentina, it has this cheap silver band sticker around the bottle with roses on it. I see that and just scratch my head, the quality of the finish doesn't meet the price tag.
    My gf has Aqua Florentina and its not the worst of the bunch. The bottle is similar to the bottle of Michelle Obama's signature scent Creeds Love in White except for the roses. The Aventus bottle pisses me off most with the flaking paint on the crest, peeling label, and loosey goosey top.
    "If you enjoy the fragrance of a rose, you must accept the thorns which it bears."
    -Isaac Hayes

The only thing I wish they'd do differently is substitute a real glass cap on the 250 ml flacons. The Spice and Wood and Pure White Cologne come in attractive glass flacons but have a cheap looking clear plastic cap.

Blog Entries

Creed bottles are the best part of the whole line...
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

I have no problem with the Creed bottles. There are many houses out there that put out much worse bottles.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Pure White Cologne
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. Clive Christian - 1872
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio
    8. Neela Vermeire - Bombay Bling
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Chanel - Allure Homme Edition Blanche

I'm not a huge fan of them, they do their job, and the 4.2oz looks best to me. The worst part is how they look without their caps...uuuuuugly. And for all the love of their atomizers, I don't particularly find them great....sure they spray a lot but it's too fine of a mist and a lot of it gets lost in the air.

I like the look, they spray like a beast also.
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

i like the 17oz bottles.....awesome presentation

treeman5823

Quote Originally Posted by Nasenmann View Post
    I like the 75ml-flacons but think the 120ml ones are ugly. They look like hip flasks for alcoholics. The 30ml-ones don't look right either because the proportions look skewed.
    Hey, hip flasks are the new thing, man.

Basenotes Junkie

Yeah, not a big fan of their bottles...but I'm not a big fan of their scents either so I'm probably biased.

Dependent

bottles are whatever
    1. Dior Homme Original
    2. Musc Ravaguer
    3. Portrait of a Lady
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. L Instant Guerlain pour Homme Extreme
    6. New Haarlem
    7. Pure Coffee
    8. Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond
    9. Rose 31
    10. Spiritueuse Double Vanille

I avoid purchasing Creeds due to the price, but I do like the bottles. This one however...is an exception.

Any pink Creed bottle, in my opinion.