Code of Conduct

Default Creed Aventus initial review

Hello everyone , its been a while since i did a fragrance initial review... i received my 5 ml sample of Creed Aventus over the weekend, and i had the chance to do a full wear yesterday... here's my 2 cent on the famous Aventus... to me it opens very fresh.. pineapple from the start like many have said.. but what aventus reminds me of is more of a natural version of curve for men (but not synthetic like curve )... mixed with platinum egoiste... that's what aventus smells like to me.. the longevity is awesome... 8 plus hours.. my overall grade for creed aventus is a 9 out if 10.. an awesome office scent
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Default Re: Creed Aventus initial review

Very nice scent IMO.

Just bought a full bottle!
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Tonka Imperiale
    3. Dior Homme
    4. Pure Malt
    5. Oud Wood
    6. Ambre Nuit
    7. L'air Du Desert Marocain
    8. Noir de Noir
    9. Apple Brandy
    10.Straight to Heaven

I like both the pineapple and the smokiness. Just amazing!

interesting tie-in with PE. Can't say I pick up anything real similar in scent, but they both have a classy freshness "vibe" about them IMO. Both fragrances I really enjoy. I have to say, Aventus is one of the few scents that seems to get better for me every time I wear it. I honestly didn't really appreciate it all that much the 1st couple wearings...but since then, it has somehow continued to smell increasingly better with each wear and I develop new appreciation for it each time. Dare I say, it's even starting to live up to the hype for me and quickly becoming a versatile, go-to favorite.

Banned

I was on the wire on this one too initially. But, the more I used it, the more I started to love it. I bought a 2.5 initially, but then realized that I needed to get a 4.2 in order to keep a decent supply on hand. That too has proven too little, so tomorrow I am going to return the 4.2 and shell out the extra $125 for an 8 oz flacon. I think that's the only way that I am going to be able to keep a reasonable stock on hand for a while. The only thing I have problems with is longevity as I don't get more than a couple hours MAXIMUM out of this, regardless of batch number. I don't think it's nasal fatigue, but it may be. My only wish is that for the price it lasted a minimum of 10 hours. Then, it'd be an 11 out of 10!

Quote Originally Posted by spcmiller View Post
    I was on the wire on this one too initially. But, the more I used it, the more I started to love it. I bought a 2.5 initially, but then realized that I needed to get a 4.2 in order to keep a decent supply on hand. That too has proven too little, so tomorrow I am going to return the 4.2 and shell out the extra $125 for an 8 oz flacon. I think that's the only way that I am going to be able to keep a reasonable stock on hand for a while. The only thing I have problems with is longevity as I don't get more than a couple hours MAXIMUM out of this, regardless of batch number. I don't think it's nasal fatigue, but it may be. My only wish is that for the price it lasted a minimum of 10 hours. Then, it'd be an 11 out of 10!
    I would honestly be pretty surprised if this wasn't olfcatory fatigue. Aventus seems to have this issue with quite a few people. Fortunately I don't have this problem & I've never gotten anything less than beastly longevity from it. It's pretty potent stuff & I can usually smell it on myself for almost 24 hours. In fact, I put it on this morning (about 15 hours ago) & can still easily smell it from the back of my hand right now. I only have a couple of frags that can even come close to matching it. BTW, enjoy the 8 oz. flacon! I'm jealous...if I could afford it, I would get the biggest flacon I could! I'm currently rationing my 50 ml, but man would I love to wear it with reckless abandon... Ah well, I think wearing it a bit less often allows me to appreciate it even more (at least that's what I tell myself to feel better about not having more).

@ MJM_77
    Man, I just had to comment on your wonderful top 10. I agree 100%, and going off the style of your top 10. You my friend have tons of class, cheers.
    Last edited by lightspeed388; 8th February 2013 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Forgot to add who I'm replying too.

this is definitely one I want to try out and hopefully purchase based on its fanbase. Glad you love it!