Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: All invited *** Sniff 'n' Speak Saturday, Oct. 6, 2012 *** AMBER!

^They really did! I wouldn't wear much of either especially when pairing them, but that was a smoldering and sexy combination that I definitely plan to wear again. I like how Kiehl's Musk plays with amber perfumes in general, and also vanillas ...it may sound frightful, but it's amazing with Dior Addict.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Evangeline, I love Kiehl's musk. I can definitely see it giving a sexy, animalic base to a lot of fragrances. I'm wearing Chantilly over Anne Pliska (or is it Anné?), continuing the amber sniffa into today. AP is still too dense an amber for me, though I like the orange and peppery notes, and the vanilla. Orangey ambery Chantilly works well over it to brighten it up.

Blog Entries

I was not able to do the weekend of amber since I was smelling just about everything under the Sun and on my wishlist while in Vegas, but I did two really nice ambers today -- for a SOTD some careful dabs of Mitza from Dior's Collection Privee and for a SOTE a generous spray of Profumi del Forte VV Ambra Mediterranea. I love them both, but they are very different. Fresh, somewhat masculine top notes of AM and a burning woods and ambers drydown are appealing, but I am completely charmed by a definitely feminine and classy Mitza. I need a decant of that one too. But that's me, I haven't met an amber I didn't like.
    Last edited by Warum; 10th October 2012 at 02:50 AM. Reason: double post

I missed the amber sniff as well, too bad!

I do very well with amber - my latest love is Ramon Monegal Ambra di Luna.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Warum View Post
    I was not able to do the weekend of amber since I was smelling just about everything under the Sun and on my wishlist while in Vegas, but I did two really nice ambers today -- for a SOTD some careful dabs of Mitza from Dior's Collection Privee and for a SOTE a generous spray of Profumi del Forte VV Ambra Mediterranea. I love them both, but they are very different. Fresh, somewhat masculine top notes of AM and a burning woods and ambers drydown are appealing, but I am completely charmed by a definitely feminine and classy Mitza. I need a decant of that one too. But that's me, I haven't met an amber I didn't like.
    Quote Originally Posted by matildaben View Post
    I missed the amber sniff as well, too bad!

I do very well with amber - my latest love is Ramon Monegal Ambra di Luna.
    Hi ladies! I guess we all skipped school for Amber Day, but I am counting my first sniffs of Ambre Nuit and Mitzah on Saturday as partial credit toward this one. And I will try to wear both of them soon!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Hi ladies! I guess we all skipped school for Amber Day, but I am counting my first sniffs of Ambre Nuit and Mitzah on Saturday as partial credit toward this one. And I will try to wear both of them soon!
    Red, well, I am a bad girl and am known to be playing hookie every once in a while
    But yes, go ahead and try both Ambre Nuit and Mitzah! Mitzah makes me feel divine. It seems like I was born in this fragrance. Ambre Nuit, not so, but Mitzah -- oh yes!

Hello everyone!

Today I am giving full wear to Montale's Blue Amber from sample contributed by a kind friend. For straightforward amber I am quite impressed: it's not cloying, and it's not boring. There is something very Montale in there, maybe a dash of oud? Dry woods and dry vanilla, non-sweet amber...I am quite liking it actually. Not sure why it's called "Blue" though...

Hey, I didn't even know this was the theme today, and I am wearing Ambre Vie by House of Matriarch. It's an all-natural perfume, a gently glowing amber, neither too vanillic nor too herbal, nicely balanced. It sits close to the skin and radiates softly. Notes are:
    TOP NOTES: hiba wood, mimosa, davana
    HEART NOTES: frankincense, marigold, vintage broom
    BASE NOTES: sandalwood, dragon's blood, ambreine, tobacco

Oh, just noticed the theme was last week.

Quote Originally Posted by matildaben View Post
    TOP NOTES: hiba wood, mimosa, davana
    HEART NOTES: frankincense, marigold, vintage broom?
    BASE NOTES: sandalwood, dragon's blood, ambreine, tobacco
    Vintage broom? I sure wish to know how that smells like

Broom is in Dior Dune but I have no clue what it smells like.
    Currently wearing: Sahara Noir by Tom Ford