Code of Conduct

Default Spotted at Marshall's, Ross or TJ Maxx.

Today I was in Marshall's and spotted:
    Benetton Bianco $9.99
    Benetton Rosso $9.99
    Benetton Giallo $9.99
    Vera Wang--Princess Night lotion $12.99
    Katy Perry fragrances
    Moschino--Hippy Fizz, Glamour and cheap and chic
    Cabotine Gres
    Eva Longoria--Eva
    Elizabeth Arden---5th Avenue, 5th Avenue at Night
    Sun, Moon and Stars
    I am fragrances by Danica---Love, Naughty, Blessed, Passion $19.99 each
    Alfred Sung- Shi
    Ellen Tracy-- Ellen, Tracy
    Vanderbilt
    Harajuku--Music $9.99
    Jordin Sparks
    Chloe
    White Shoulders
    Britney Spears scents
    Jennifer Lopez Scents
    Bvlgari
    Tommy Girl
    Paloma Picasso
    Giorgio
    Arden Green tea
    Liz Claiborne--Liz Claiborne

CK euphoria lotion
    Escada Marine lotion
    Arden Mediterranean lotion

That's all I can remember for the moment! Please share your discoveries in the beauty/perfume section.
    Last edited by Loves_scents; 19th October 2012 at 02:50 PM.

Default Re: Spotted at Marshall's, Ross or TJ Maxx.

Thanks, lots of new stock. Where are you located?

I am located in Salisbury, MD.

Good, thanks. I am in upper Mid-West.

I'll have a brand new Marshall's very close to my house in early 2013..... I have one that's about 10-12 miles away now.....The new one will be 5-6.....This is exciting for sure.....Thanks for the info.....Gary

Just bought 40 ml Jimmy Choo edt for $35 at Marshall's in Orlando, FL. This buy is definitely one of my better Marshall's finds!

Spotted THIERRY MUGLER ~INNOCENT~ EAU DE PARFUM NATURAL SPRAY 1.7 Fl. oz. 3 PC SET for $59.99
    I got it for the wifey and she loved it.

2.5 oz. bottle of Calvin Klein, Obsession Night for Men for $ 19.99.

I love TM Innocent, too, Whitealltrac, especially the body lotion, which is luscious and long lasting, and smells like praline.

Lilybelle do you know how is the scent on THIERRY MUGLER Innocent Illusion Eau De Toilette ??

No, Whitealltrac, I'm sorry, I don't know that one.

Smile Re: Spotted at Marshall's, Ross or TJ Maxx.

Went to Marshall's the other day and saw:
    Judith Leiber Amethyst $49.00
    Giorgio Red
    Vera Wang Preppy Princess
    Liz Taylor--White Diamonds, Diamonds and Emeralds 3.3 oz $12.99, Diamonds and Sapphires 3.3 oz $12.99, Diamonds and Rubies 3.3 oz 12.99, Black Pearls, Passion 1.7 oz $14.99, Sparkling White Diamonds 3.3 oz $12.99,
    Paul Sebastian Design $9.99
    EA True Love

- - - Updated - - -

Traveled to the Marshall's in Annapolis and in Crofton. They had some if the same things as Salisbury, but as usual the selections were also different. Some of the perfumes I saw at these two stores were:
    Vera Wang Lovestruck
    Cabotine Gold
    Cabotine Gres
    Cabotine Rose
    Givenchy Absolutely Irresistible
    Paul Sebastian Casual
    CK Shock for women
    Obsession Night for women
    EA Sunflowers
    JLo Love and Light
    EA Green Tea
    EA Green Tea Summer
    Oscar De La Renta minis
    Sexual Femme
    D&G Dolce and Gabbana(red box)
    Ardenbeauty
    Bvlgari Omnia Jade
    Last edited by Loves_scents; 24th October 2012 at 11:40 PM.

Our TJ Maxx had Lollia Inspire and a couple of Tokyo Milk (#3 and #7 I think) fragrances the other day.
    One man's trash is another man's treasure. Especially when it comes to perfumes ...

I will have to keep an eye out for the Tokyo milk perfumes. I have been wanting to try some of them. Thanks for the update.

I went back to the same TJ Maxx today (Roanoke, VA) and they have the Tokyo Milk perfume solids for 4.99 (they retail for $18.00 on their website. They had 9 different scents.

They were not in the perfume section. They were on an endcap with soap. The boxes looked like tiny soaps to me and it took me a minute to realize what they were.
    One man's trash is another man's treasure. Especially when it comes to perfumes ...

Today, I found Cartier Baiser Vole EDP at Marshalls! I was astounded - I've never seen this at any discounters. Cost was $60 for 100 mLs. I bought it, of course.
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pomander View Post
    Today, I found Cartier Baiser Vole EDP at Marshalls! I was astounded - I've never seen this at any discounters. Cost was $60 for 100 mLs. I bought it, of course.

Good Deal!
    Some people think luxury is the opposite of poverty. It is not. It is the opposite of vulgarity - COCO CHANEL

that is pretty similar to what I saw in CA. I picked up Mont Blanc Individuel while I was there.

Went back to Marshalls today and spotted Happ and Stahns Lily Sanguine EDP (Anthropologie). 100 mL for $29.99. it's really interesting to see the unusual fragrances that appear at Marshalls for the holidays.
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Today Nov 26,2012 at Winners here in Edmonton, Canada
    Creed Love in White
    Creed Himalaya
    Creed Royal Water

Been stalking discounters for those Christmas fragrances too. Burberry, Burberry Brit, Vera Wang (Princess I think), Escape, Obsession, Eternity at Ross today, amidst a wash of celeb frags. Lots of Liz Taylor at TJ Maxx. I thought the pickings were better for men's, though. Hubby might end up with something new...

Quote Originally Posted by pomander View Post
    Hello! This is my first post on basenotes. After seeing your post (I live in Boston too), I rushed to call Marshall's to see if they had another bottle of Cartier Baiser Vole in stock. They did, one bottle each in both EDP and EDT! I bought both and am now trying to decide which to keep. Any thoughts? I had just tried both at Saks' NY flagship, and loved them, though they are so different to me.

Also, I saw a Lanvin éclat d'arpege and A Scent by Issey Miyake (I haven't tried these but just FYI, they're still there).

Today I spotted Pehaligons Violetta 100 ml for 39.99, also Violetta 50 ml for 29.99, Penhaligons Lily of the Valley 50 ml for 29.99, and Penhaligons LP No. 9 50 ml for 29.99 at TJ Maxx.

oops double post

Wowzers, Penhaligons' at the dicounters on the East Coast! Oh wow.

Quote Originally Posted by vmarshmellow View Post
    Today I spotted Pehaligons Violetta 100 ml for 39.99, also Violetta 50 ml for 29.99, Penhaligons Lily of the Valley 50 ml for 29.99, and Penhaligons LP No. 9 50 ml for 29.99 at TJ Maxx.
    These seem to be hitting TJ Maxx's nationwide, as I saw these same scents hit out here in the western US as well.

I saw the H&S Lily Sanguine at my local Marshalls for $15 last time I was in (a week or so ago?) they had two boxes and the TJMaxx had three .I nabbed a giftset of Versace Versus $15 ,and Angel edt $40,so I couldn't afford it then.Maybe if one is still availiable when my tax check gets here!
    Fragrance Omnivore

Basenotes Plus

stopped in TJ Maxx today and saw a shelf full of Truth or Dare by Madonna for $24.99
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Oh, oh, I'm gonna hafta check out my nearest Marshalls, don't even know if there is one close. Some cool finds. Knitatnite, I'll be in central ca feb for a few days, I hope I find Truth or Dare, as I know Madonna wore Fracas, and her fragrance is heavy on the tuberose. How lucky!

Quote Originally Posted by cheshire View Post
    Hello! This is my first post on basenotes. After seeing your post (I live in Boston too), I rushed to call Marshall's to see if they had another bottle of Cartier Baiser Vole in stock. They did, one bottle each in both EDP and EDT! I bought both and am now trying to decide which to keep. Any thoughts? I had just tried both at Saks' NY flagship, and loved them, though they are so different to me.

Also, I saw a Lanvin éclat d'arpege and A Scent by Issey Miyake (I haven't tried these but just FYI, they're still there).
    Hi Cheshire - Welcome to Basenotes! I just saw your message, so I'm sure that by now you've already decided which version to keep (or maybe your kept both! ). I have only smelled the EDP. Would be interested to know your impressions on the differences betwen the two concentrations/versions!

I found Yves Saint Laurent Cinema at TJMaxx over the weekend. I also saw Madonna Truth or Dare.

So thrilled that I broke my "no buy" pledge with a 100ml bottle of Penhaligons Violetta! YAY

That's what I ended up buying too!

I have abandoned so many online baskets with that one as it was still pretty pricey. But at 39.99, it was too good to be true! It will certainly spur my interest in TJMAxx in general.

(Does Perfumania count for this thread? I'm going to go ahead. If I'm bad, please admonish me. )

Eau d'Hadrien, at Perfumania at the Mall of America -- 1.7 oz for $14.99.

You have to by a 2nd bottle of something to get that price. (I found a 2nd bottle of something.)

A good deal is a good deal. Thanks for sharing.

Vmarshmellow and Zibeline, I too bought a bottle of the Penhaligon's Violetta (50 mL)... last weekend (almost for the beautiful box alone). It was a blind buy, which I swore to myself I WOULD NEVER DO AGAIN, as years ago I got burned more times than I'd care to admit (!) from blind buys at Marshalls/TJ Maxx. However, something in me made me lose my resolve with Violetta, and I'm so happy to say that the fragrance is just beautiful! Added bonus.. I don't have any other violet fragrance in my collection, so it fills a gap.

If only I'd purchased the 100 mL bottle.... .

I really like it too. It was also a blind buy for me. I have a Penhaligon's mini bottle coffret that I bought on sale over a year ago, but it does not have the Violetta scent. I was hoping to eventually buy a full size bottle of "something" Penhaligon's.

At first spray I was a little shocked at the bitterness of Violetta's top notes but then the fragrance dried down beautifully into a sweet but still fresh (and not too sweet) violette. Several reviews I've read say the fragrance does not last. It's weird because on my skin after a few hours when I would directly smell it (where you almost apply your nose to your skin) it did seem very weak. However, throughout the day I would catch small whiffs of it when I was not trying to smell it. Beautifully pleasant whiffs I might add.

I'm glad I bought the 100 ml bottle. I'm also glad I spend 39.99 on it. I'm also glad I did not spend $120 on it. I think for that amount I would have been a little bit disappointed in the longevity.

I really love Ellenisia (a Penhaligon's floral) and have noticed there is a lot of it on ebay right now so I'm kind of hoping to run into a bottle at TJ Maxx. Those ebayer's have to be getting it from somewhere! Ellenisia is much stronger and is listed as an edp on their website where the Violetta is listed as an edt. I guess they were not kidding! But if I never find another Penhaligon's, I'll still be happy to have lucked into one.

I'm so tempted by this Violetta you're all talking about! I love violet. But I am on a strict no-buy right now, as we just paid our credit card with last month's charges, and it was a whopper. So...I must be good.

Blog Entries

Spotted at Winners in Vancouver BC Canada:

L'artisan Parfumeur 200mL Body Milk in Mure de Musc and Fou d'Absinthe for $16!

- - - Updated - - -

Again at Winners Vancouver, Bond 9 100mL scents for $100.

None of Penhaligon's at ours, I checked all the shelves.

New in fragrances: Salvatore Ferragamo Purple and Salvatore Ferragamo Original, Jessica McClintock Brilliance; Adrienne Vitadini Amore; Crabtree & Evelyn Evelyn Rose (2003); Roberto Cavalli (new), Paloma Picasso EdT 1 oz bottles made a comeback, Kim Kardashian galore, Ellen by Ellen Tracy.

In the bath and body section (is anybody else miffed by the fact that they group items by color: all green and blue, all yellow and orange, all pink and purple?): Berkeley Square creams and lotions (White Tea, Cherry Fig) -- I like their artful packaging and the balance between price and quality, L'Occitane de Provence body washes/soaps (honey line), Bronnley's soaps.
    Last edited by Twolf; 28th March 2013 at 01:10 AM.

Blog Entries

Aventus at Vancouver Winners for $199.
    Lots of Black Oud, Himalaya, Millésime Impérial, Green Irish Tweed all starting at $170/$180.
    L'artisan Parfumeur Mimosa Pour Moi and Traversee du Bosphore 50mL for $49.
    Terre d'Hermes for $99.
    Last edited by VintagePoison; 28th March 2013 at 03:05 AM.
    Looking for THE femme fatale scent. If you think there is something I should smell please PM me!

Yesterday they had the mini travel bottles (25 ml) of Crabtree and Evelyn Lily of the Valley and Crabtree and Evelyn Wisteria lotion for $1 each at Big Lots.

I got a Crabtree & Evelyn floral set w four 15 ml bottles of Rosé Water, Iris, Lily, and Lavender. The cost was $19.99.

Wednesday night at my local Marshall's I picked up a 1.7oz bottle of Madonna's Truth or Dare. I really like it!!!
    ****Making the world a better place One Scented Hug at a Time.... ****

Boy, I do not need an excuse to go to TJ Maxx or Marshalls. They already take all my money.

This past weekend I glanced through TJMaxx perfume shelves. All the usual stuff, but I did see a Fan di Fendi. That did not take long.
    Last edited by cello; 9th April 2013 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by "Scentapede" View Post
    I got a Crabtree & Evelyn floral set w four 15 ml bottles of Rosé Water, Iris, Lily, and Lavender. The cost was $19.99.
    Those sound nice. I like the C&E Iris soaps. I bought a box of them a while back.

Marshalls had several Nest candles and diffusers for about half off retail. It was hard not pick some up. I may weaken and go back there.

Saw creed MI, bond NY, a kenzo coffret including jungle elephant , bulgari black, some l'artisan products, at winners in Canada today.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargagirl View Post
    Saw creed MI, bond NY, a kenzo coffret including jungle elephant , bulgari black, some l'artisan products, at winners in Canada today.

Man, Winners sounds awesome. I may have to take a trip to Niagara Falls! TJ Maxx/Marshalls never have Creed or L'Artisan. I checked Marshalls yesterday and it was all boring: Jessica Simpson, Eternity, Juicy, etc.

I found wonderful deals at Marshall's yesterday,L'artisan 50 mlfor $45 and 50 ml Penhaligon No 9 (my SO favourite) for $10!

Quote Originally Posted by Denisebar View Post
    I found wonderful deals at Marshall's yesterday,L'artisan 50 mlfor $45 and 50 ml Penhaligon No 9 (my SO favourite) for $10!
    Are you in the US? I have never heard of anyone here finding L'Artisan at any of the discount stores so I'm guessing you are not. However, I recently found some L'Artisan candles at a US TJMaxx so I am hopeful.

Quote Originally Posted by vmarshmellow View Post
    Are you in the US? I have never heard of anyone here finding L'Artisan at any of the discount stores so I'm guessing you are not. However, I recently found some L'Artisan candles at a US TJMaxx so I am hopeful.
    I am wondering that, too. I check TJ Maxx and Marshalls once a week and have never seen anything niche.

mine has been dead for about a 2 mos., however before that I got bottles of the following:
    -Penhaligon's, LP No. 9 ( men)
    -Penhaligon's, LP No. 9 (women)
    -Crabtree & Evelyn, Evelyn Rose
    -Crabtree & Evelyn, floral sample perfume set (LillyBelle it is really nice, the perfumes are surprisingly really amazing, they smell exactly as they say and are quite refreshing in the heat)
    -Madonna, Truth or Dare (Smells like Fracas)

Creed Spring Flowers 75mls in TKMaxx Belfast city centre. A few years back they had about 3 or 4 different Creeds for around £79
    DONNA

Today at Winner's in Toronto's W end they had:
    Creed Green Tweed $179
    Other Women's Creeds ranging from $89, $100, $179
    L'artisan Parfumeur Fleur de Liane $39.99 (I blind bought it.....)
    L'artisan Parfumeur Coeur de Vetiver Sacree $39.99 (left it)
    Assorted Pradas

Quote Originally Posted by AromaOfTacoma View Post
    Wednesday night at my local Marshall's I picked up a 1.7oz bottle of Madonna's Truth or Dare. I really like it!!!
    The Marshalls and TJ Maxx here have several of Truth or Dare as well.

(edited for a typo)

Tsar
    Chrystal Noir
    Photo
    Rocawear
    Roccobarocco
    Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.

Quote Originally Posted by Galatea8 View Post
    I am wondering that, too. I check TJ Maxx and Marshalls once a week and have never seen anything niche.
    I am in Ontario! I normally find much better shopping on my USA trips.