Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Basenotes Las Vegas Meetup October 5, 6 & 7th 2012 FINAL ITINERARY

Well it's almost FRIDAY so we wanted to list the Final Itinerary for Friday, Saturday & Sunday. You will notice I modified the times at the Guerlain boutique on Saturday (half an hour is just **not enough**) and we changed Sunday's destinations also.

I'm very excited about meeting all of you participants, in person for the first time!!

So here's it is:

Friday 10/5

6:00pm- 8:00pm - Skins 6 | 2 - Cosmopolitan

Skins 6 | 2 is located at The Cosmopolitan Hotel, 3708 Las Vegas Boulevard South
    Las Vegas, NV 89109 - here is a link to Map/Directions: http://www.cosmopolitanlasvegas.com/...-location.aspx

Here is an email that I received from Skins 6 | 2, about the lines that they feature:

From: Isabella Iordache [mailto:isabellaiordache@gmail.com]
    Sent: Friday, September 28, 2012 9:02 PM
    To: Mike Perez
    Subject: Skins 6|2 Frangrances

Hi Mike, here's a list of the fragrances we carry at Skins 6|2:

-By Kilian
    -Atelier Cologne
    -Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    -Juliette Has a Gun
    -Comptoir Sud Pacifique
    -Hanae Mori
    -Costume National
    -Apothia
    -Serge Lutens
    -Creed
    -Nest
    -Diptyque

If you have any other questions just let me know.

Isabella Iordache

Saturday 10/6

10:00-12:00 - Barneys - Palazzo Shoppes
    12:00-1:30 - Lunch - Palazzo Shoppes
    1:30-2:30 - Guerlain - Palazzo Shoppes
    2:30-3:30 - Dior - Palazzo Shoppes

Saturday is our busiest day and so if you are considering joining us and can only fit in one day, I would go with Saturday, for sure.

The Shoppes at The Palazzo are located at 3325 South Las Vegas Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV, link to Map/Directions here: http://www.theshoppesatthepalazzo.com/ (scroll down to the very bottom of the page & click the 'Get Directions' button.

Barney's sent us this email, letting us know that they'll have coffee and goodies for all attendees...cool, huh!?:

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2012 1:38 PM
    Subject: Fragrance at Barneys in Las Vegas

Dear Mike,

I hope this finds you well. I just wanted to confirm that you and your friends will be here at Barneys this Saturday October 6th at 10:00am. As I mentioned when we spoke, I want to make this fragrance experience something memorable for all of you. We will serve coffee, tea and pastries.

Also, I contacted Editions de Parfums by Frederic Malle and they will send a guest speaker from Chicago. She is a very knowledgeable person. I tried to get Mr Malle to come to Las Vegas that day and talk to all of us about his fragrances but he had a prior commitment.

Please let me know about how many people will be here that day and if you have any ideas or special requests for that day. We will have our get together at a private mezzanine here in the store

Kind Regards,

Raul Delgado
    Editions De Parfums Frederic Malle
    Apothecary Business Manager
    Barneys New York
    Las Vegas, Nevada 89119
    3327 Las Vegas Blvd. South
    Phone: (702)629-4308
    Fax: (702)629-4383
    After that we will have lunch (either together as a group, or separate, let's leave that up to whatever you want, from Noon - 1:30, then back to The Shoppes for the Guerlain boutique. Guerlain sent us this email, in anticipation of our arrival:

From: Guerlain Palazzo STORE [mailto:GuerlainPalazzo.STORE@lvmhuspc.com]
    Sent: Monday, September 24, 2012 11:25 PM
    Subject: Re: Basenotes - Guerlain

Hello Mr Perez,

Everyone here at Guerlain is anxiously awaiting you and the rest of the Basenotes guests to arrive. There are some noteworthy pieces available here at the Palazzo that I think the Basenote members would be excited to know about.

For those that are excited for the latest offerings from Guerlain:

1. Shanghai

2. La Petite Robe Noire - You will also be able preview the exclusive size available later this year at the event.

3. The Desert D'Orient Collection- Songe D'Un Bois D'Ete, Rose Nacree Du Desert, and Encens Mythique D'Orient

4. Shalimar Ode a la Vanille- A new addition to the Shalimar legend.

For those that are interested in some limited edition or numbered pieces:

1. View the "Guerlain Heritage Case," a coffret celebrating 180 years of fragrance making history.

2. View the "Giant" (2000ML) Shalimar Parfum Initial

3. Preview the scent for "L'Abeille Aux Ailes Argent Reve De Lune" or "The Bee with the Silver Wings Moon Dream".

We look forward to welcoming you and your group of fellow fragrance lovers into the House of Guerlain. I've also attached some photos and information about the pieces you'll be viewing. See you soon!

Sincerely,

Johnathan Nieto
    Fragrance Ambassador

Guerlain The Shoppes at the Palazzo
    702.732.7008 Toll Free 866-409-6110
    guerlainpalazzo.store@lvmhuspc.com
    Finally, after that we will head over to the Christian Dior boutique, for our final destination of the day and even more fragrances / refreshments. Dior will have sample bags for all attendees, as well as wine (red/white & champagne) and chocolates to munch on while we shop. Here's the email from our Host, Massiel Cofino (a Basenotes member also - her screen name is massy03):

From: Dior Palazzo STORE [mailtoiorPalazzo.STORE@lvmhuspc.com]
    Sent: Friday, September 21, 2012 7:30 PM
    Cc:
    Subject: Re: Basenotes at Dior boutique confirmation

Hi Mike!

It was great finally getting the chance to chat with you. We're excited to host this for your group in our store.

Yes, we have the entire collection, all 13 of the La Collection, so you'll have the experience to see them all at once. And yes, we also carry the Eau Sauvage Parfum as well as the Dior Homme Intense that is limited distribution.

If you have any questions before then, give me a call or shoot me an email! If not, I will see you guys in October.
    Kind Regards,
    Massiel Cofino
    Dior
    The Shoppes at the Palazzo
    3327 Las Vegas Blvd S Ste:2953
    Las Vegas, NV 89109
    Main: (702) 734 - 1102
    Fax: (702) 734 - 1247
    Sunday 10/7

Morning - free time
    12:00 (noon) - 1:30 pm Lunch and Sample Swap at The Food Court @ The Fashion Show Mall
    1:30 - 3:30 - Saks Fifth Avenue & Nordstroms
    Afternoon - Free time

The Food Court (located in Level 3) in The Fashion Show Mall is located at 3200 Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV - link to Map/Directions here: http://www.thefashionshow.com/ (Just click the link and scroll down to the bottom of the page and click 'Get Directions'). The Sample Swap is very simple and it was a lot of fun last year at the Basenotes Meetup in New Orleans - just bring all of the fragrance samples that you do not want anymore and feel free to swap them with your fellow Basenoters.

Saks Fifth Avenue and/or Nordstrom's will be the only pre-arranged shopping destinations this day (although anyone is more than welcome to explore the other stores on their own). There is no pre-arranged meeting with these stores, but the Basenotes group is planning on shopping/browsing together and we will allow this day to be less planned out and more flexible/casual.

The End!

A handy map, of ALL of the locations mentioned above, can be viewed here: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...72da825b&msa=0

Please let me know if you have any questions, by posting in this thread.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Basenotes Las Vegas Meetup October 5, 6 & 7th 2012 FINAL ITINERARY

Hi Mike on Sunday if you guys have time you should go across the street from Fashion Show and go to Chanel at the Wynn Hotel...

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed. Can also hit Wynn after Palazzo if you don't have sensory overload.

Post Thanks / Like

Just an FYI, in Fashion Show mall, there's a Grimaldi's pizza, which is fantastic. It's made in coal ovens and they supposedly import water from NY to keep it tasting authentic to Brooklyn, where it was founded.
    Last edited by Shiny Beast; 4th October 2012 at 03:34 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Feel free to bring any samples that you want to swap/give away. We will be having the sample swap on Sunday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Very excited! I'm really looking forward to hanging out with all of you! I seriously think this is going to be a blast. And I *love* that we have some locals who can really give us the insider scoop.

This is a great schedule! I'm very impressed that the stores are preparing to greet us, too. Thanks for all your work on our behalf, Mike and matildaben!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all, finally confirmed my agenda, and look forward to seeing y'all in VEGAS! Unfortunately our buddy Mr. Monkeybars won't be joining us for this one, but I'll try to be smelly enough for the both of us!

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm getting ready to go to bed since I have an early a.m. flight to Vegas tomorrow morning, so I will check in here once I'm in Sin City!

-- Jack Kerouac

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

My thoughts will be with you guys!! Have fun Al.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gae View Post
    Hi all, finally confirmed my agenda, and look forward to seeing y'all in VEGAS! Unfortunately our buddy Mr. Monkeybars won't be joining us for this one, but I'll try to be smelly enough for the both of us!
    Glad you can join us, Al! Hasta man~ana!

Sorry we'll miss you this time, MB, but we'll meet up eventually, I'm sure!

Dearest Basenoters,

I have been scheming and conniving a way to get to the meet-up for some time now. Unfortunately, business travel has taken me to the opposite side of the U.S. I am stuck in a perfectly nice town with absolutely zilch in terms of fragrance shopping opportunities. It is a truly wretched state of affairs. Best wishes for a magnificent meet-up. Please share your experiences with the site, for all of us who wish we could be there with you. Thanks again to the organizing committee. You have done a stellar job.

MCG

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Sorry we'll miss you this time, MB, but we'll meet up eventually, I'm sure!
    Way to make me regret my decision not to go RP! Have fun. I will be there in spirit!

You can probably outdrink me, but I can definitely outdance anyone :P

Post Thanks / Like

What a bummer, Im going to arrive there one day after you guys leave. Let the stores know that I will be a little late and to put aside some goodies for me please
    Massiel did say she will make me a sample bag also even though im not going to be with the group so that will be cool.
    Also does anyone know where the Hermes store is located?
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Tom Ford Oud Fleur, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-

*CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Tom Ford Plum Japonais, Oud Fleur, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

Post Thanks / Like

Hermes stores in Bellagio & Crystals and there might be one in Paris.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Beast View Post
    Hermes stores in Bellagio & Crystals and there might be one in Paris.
    Gracias.
    Any local restaurants that you would recommend? They dont have to be locals only, just some place thats not garish and touristy. Mexican, Viet, Sushi, "New American", good burgers besides In&Out or Phatburger? Thanks for any help man. You can email me if you would like, heperd@gmail.com since we're off topic here. Or maybe we're not, others may want to know for this weekend.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Tom Ford Oud Fleur, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-

*CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Tom Ford Plum Japonais, Oud Fleur, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

Post Thanks / Like

Sure, here's a handful of suggestions, all bare my stamp of approval, lolz. They can all get pretty busy, so plan accordingly.

Carlito's Burritos - New Mexico style Mexican
    Ellis Island - good ribs, right off the strip
    China Mama - kind of a drive, but worth it if you like Chinese
    Yama Sushi - fresh sushi and I'm pretty sure they do an all-you-can-eat
    Lotus of Siam - excellent Thai, you might get lucky with a walk in but I'd make a reservation, looks kinda sketchy from the outside but don't let that dissuade you
    Bachi Burger - Asian inspired take on burgers, pretty popular
    Grimaldi's - my favorite pizza place, a little pricey but supposedly they import the water from NY to make the dough
    Carnegie Deli - NY style deli sandwichs, on-strip

Haven't found Pho I can fully recommend yet, but it's not for lack of options. For buffets, I'd stick with the higher end places like Bellagio, Caesars, and so forth. And for the oh-so-important coffee, there's an Espressamente Illy right by Barneys in the Palazzo and if you'll travel for coffee, Madhouse is where I get my fix.

Post Thanks / Like

Please take lots of pictures and posted them next week

Post Thanks / Like

Hermes is also in Wynn/Encore

- - - Updated - - -

Sure, here's a handful of suggestions, all bare my stamp of approval, lolz. They can all get pretty busy, so plan accordingly.

Carlito's Burritos - New Mexico style Mexican
    Ellis Island - good ribs, right off the strip
    China Mama - kind of a drive, but worth it if you like Chinese
    Yama Sushi - fresh sushi and I'm pretty sure they do an all-you-can-eat
    Lotus of Siam - excellent Thai, you might get lucky with a walk in but I'd make a reservation, looks kinda sketchy from the outside but don't let that dissuade you
    Bachi Burger - Asian inspired take on burgers, pretty popular
    Grimaldi's - my favorite pizza place, a little pricey but supposedly they import the water from NY to make the dough
    Carnegie Deli - NY style deli sandwichs, on-strip

Haven't found Pho I can fully recommend yet, but it's not for lack of options. For buffets, I'd stick with the higher end places like Bellagio, Caesars, and so forth. And for the oh-so-important coffee, there's an Espressamente Illy right by Barneys in the Palazzo and if you'll travel for coffee, Madhouse is where I get my fix.
    +1 on Ellis Island. It's a shithole, but worth the food. Might have to wait up to an hour when you go because they don't have a lot of tables. Also, get a Players club card there. You'll save $3 on your meal.

I love Bachi Burger. Ate there last week at their W. Sahara location.

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Gracias.
    Any local restaurants that you would recommend? They dont have to be locals only, just some place thats not garish and touristy. Mexican, Viet, Sushi, "New American", good burgers besides In&Out or Phatburger? Thanks for any help man. You can email me if you would like, heperd@gmail.com since we're off topic here. Or maybe we're not, others may want to know for this weekend.
    The Chinese buffet lunch at the Bellagio is wonderful! This is not main buffet. Very elegant with a pastry room of its own!
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Just arrived! Weather's gorgeous and my suite at The Venetian is fantastic!!!!!!!!! Just had breakfast at Thomas Keller's Bouchon and off for a gondola ride!

-- Jack Kerouac

Post Thanks / Like

3 hours til meet up and my tuxedo isn't back from the cleaners! I think I'll have to wear jeans instead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC View Post
    +1 on Ellis Island. It's a shithole, but worth the food. Might have to wait up to an hour when you go because they don't have a lot of tables. Also, get a Players club card there. You'll save $3 on your meal.
    Was just at Ellis a couple of days ago, they put a new dining room in, maybe tripled the size. Bad news is there's still a wait if you go there during peak hours.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Just arrived! Weather's gorgeous and my suite at The Venetian is fantastic!!!!!!!!! Just had breakfast at Thomas Keller's Bouchon and off for a gondola ride!
    Gondola rider!

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Gracias.
    If u want burgers, two of the best are I LOVE BURGERS upstairs at the Palazzo (you can also check out the Dior and Guerlain boutique up there), and my personal favorite ... THE BURGER BAR upstairs in that little mini mall at Mandalay Bay.

Post Thanks / Like

It was nice meeting everyone tonight! Brandy and I had a blast hanging out with all of you. My eye is still burning from getting commandeered by the Egyptian fella upon entering the store and getting a 20 minute dissertation on why I need that $175 cream for the dark lines under my eyes. The lines aren't black anymore....just red...hahaha

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great time is planned. Have fun all!

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

The staff at Skins was very cool and the place is gorgeous! Not a lot of new stuff, for me, but I did fall in love with the new Francis Kurkdjian,Amyris Pour Femme which is IMO way better than the men's version. Bought some Claus Porto bath salts (in this wonderful almond scent). The bathtub in my room @ The Venetian is huge and desperately needed something scented during my next bath ritual.

Off to breakfast and then LOT'S of sniffing!!!!

-- Jack Kerouac

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    The staff at Skins was very cool and the place is gorgeous! Not a lot of new stuff, for me, but I did fall in love with the new Francis Kurkdjian,Amyris Pour Femme which is IMO way better than the men's version. Bought some Claus Porto bath salts (in this wonderful almond scent). The bathtub in my room @ The Venetian is huge and desperately needed something scented during my next bath ritual.

Off to breakfast and then LOT'S of sniffing!!!!
    Mike, just wrap yourself in those wonderful hotel bathrobes and enjoy your new perfumes!

I wish I could meet you all, but will have to settle for just sharing those photos you all will post.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Post Thanks / Like

I was glad I was able to hangout and meet everybody on Saturday, had a good time. It was cool to see that sort of enthusiasm in action and put some faces to names. Just out of curiosity, how would y'all rate the shopping in Vegas on a scale of 1 to 10?

I was glad I was able to hangout and meet everybody on Saturday, had a good time. It was cool to see that sort of enthusiasm in action and put some faces to names. Just out of curiosity, how would y'all rate the shopping in Vegas on a scale of 1 to 10?
    11 out of 10 if ONLY I have all the money in the world..

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC View Post
    It was nice meeting everyone tonight! Brandy and I had a blast hanging out with all of you. My eye is still burning from getting commandeered by the Egyptian fella upon entering the store and getting a 20 minute dissertation on why I need that $175 cream for the dark lines under my eyes. The lines aren't black anymore....just red...hahaha
    LMAO!!!

Yeah, his lady accomplice did a number on my wife! She's still all wound up about not buying that stuff, because she told herself she'd find something cheaper from her favorite mail-order company, but I'm not sure if she found anything like it.

It was awesome meeting you and your wife - I *really* enjoyed our conversation. My wife was obsessed with seeing that Tournament of Kings kiddie-dinner-theater (she's crazy in love with horses and horse-riding), so I wasn't sure if I was butting in or coming to your rescue when she started talking about you guys seeing a show with us (I mean, those things are not exactly cheap, either. And acting like a barbarian for 90 minutes and waving roasted-leg-of-game-hen at guys on horses is fun, but *REALLY*.... ) However, next time we're in Vegas, I'll give you guys some advance warning, and maybe we can do some dinner, drinks and sniffing, or something like that, 'cause I think it would be great!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    LMAO!!!

Yeah, his lady accomplice did a number on my wife! She's still all wound up about not buying that stuff, because she told herself she'd find something cheaper from her favorite mail-order company, but I'm not sure if she found anything like it.

It was awesome meeting you and your wife - I *really* enjoyed our conversation. My wife was obsessed with seeing that Tournament of Kings kiddie-dinner-theater (she's crazy in love with horses and horse-riding), so I wasn't sure if I was butting in or coming to your rescue when she started talking about you guys seeing a show with us (I mean, those things are not exactly cheap, either. And acting like a barbarian for 90 minutes and waving roasted-leg-of-game-hen at guys on horses is fun, but *REALLY*.... ) However, next time we're in Vegas, I'll give you guys some advance warning, and maybe we can do some dinner, drinks and sniffing, or something like that, 'cause I think it would be great!
    Haha. Sounds good.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

In case any of you participants want to write 'Thank You' notes to the SA's from Saturday's meet up (I already did) here they are below:

Skins 6 | 2
    3708 Las Vegas Blvd. S.
    Las Vegas, NV 89109

Johnathan Nieto
    Guerlain - The Shoppes at the Palazzo
    3327 Las Vegas Blvd. S - Suite #2848
    Las Vegas, NV 89109

Raul Delgado
    Barney's - The Shoppes at the Palazzo
    3327 Las Vegas Blvd. S
    Las Vegas, NV 89109

Massiel Cofino
    Dior - The Shoppes at the Palazzo
    3327 Las Vegas Blvd. S - Suite #2953
    Las Vegas, NV 89109
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 12th October 2012 at 10:23 PM.

-- Jack Kerouac

More, please! Let's here about Sat!