Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default thinking of picking up green irish tweet but....

Ive heard that davidoff coolwater which i have is very similar to this, so is it worth it to pick up a bottle of git, please help. Ive been hearing that there is no difference from the top notes but when its towards the dry down is where u smell the difference is that true?

Default Re: thinking of picking up green irish tweet but....

I find they only smell a bit similar for a short period, with the mid-stage of Cool Water. Other than that, while there's a similar "vibe" to the scents, I don't find them identical by any means. Is it worth it to pick up GIT if you have & like Cool Water? Absolutely, IMO!! I did and now find I basically never wear CW because I find GIT far superior in every way. GIT is fresher, richer, brighter, & much longer lasting. To me, the opening & dry-down of GIT completely blows CW out of the water. Not even a contest IMO. If you really like CW, you'll likely fall in LOVE with GIT & the more you use it, the more you'll appreciate it the greater differences you'll start to see between the two.

Definitely worth picking up GIT IMO.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Now for the other side:
    Is GIT different from Cool Water? Yes it is more complex. BUT virtually everyone who is NOT an expert who smells GIT on me thinks it is Cool Water. It smells enough alike that the AVERAGE nose thinks it is Cool Water. Now, Is it worth $200 MORE a bottle than Cool Water? Not in my opinion. If everyone thinks I'm wearing Cool Water, why not save your $200 and buy Cool Water, and $200 worth of some other fragrances?
    For Sale: Gengis Kahn, Mona d' Orio, Penhaligons.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Only you can make that decision.

Some people no matter what, think that Creed is overpriced. Myself, whichever Creed fragrances I own, I feel it was worth every penny spend.

In regards to the similarities, to me, they begin and end in the first 15 minutes.

Most of my friends are not into fragrances like I am, and cannot tell the difference between Amouage Jubilation XXV and Drakkar Noir. They just say it smells good or bad.

Bottom line, if you like it, and think it is worth the money, then you answered your own question. If you think it is too similar to another fragrance you may own, again, the answer is right there.

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

even though they have similarities doesnt mean there that alike... one doesnt last long on my skin while one does one doesnt give the beast projection like the other does!!! so what are you waiting for get it!!!
    1. Dior Homme Original
    2. Musc Ravaguer
    3. Portrait of a Lady
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. L Instant Guerlain pour Homme Extreme
    6. New Haarlem
    7. Pure Coffee
    8. Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond
    9. Rose 31
    10. Spiritueuse Double Vanille

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know.

You should tweed this question and see what responses you get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Look, do yourself a HUGE favor. Buy a sample of GIT and a sample of Cool Water. Put one spritz on one arm, the other spritz on the other. Smell them immediatly...They will be a little different. Smell them after an hour...they will be almost identical. Smell them after 4hrs. The GIT will be hard to smell, it is almost gone. If you don't have access to GIT samples, Private Message Me, I'll see what I can do.

Post Thanks / Like

Just get GIT, it's worth it. A million of these same threads can't be wrong.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have GIT and had Cool Water. It is absolutely correct that they share a similar vibe. However, GIT has a much cleaner, fresher, robust scent overall. Cool Water is so much more synthetic. However, if you are short on funds, cool Water makes a good, not great, alternative to GIT. I would concur with the previous post. Try a sample of GIT on one arm, and cool water on the other. Only you will know with certainty how either fragrance will develop on your particular skin type. Hope this was helpful.

Post Thanks / Like

If you own Cool Water there is no need to collect a bunch of redundant frags. I would make the decision after you use up the Cool Water. I do believe in owning the "best in class" so it might be a good choice to get GIT in place of re-upping on the CW.
    "If you enjoy the fragrance of a rose, you must accept the thorns which it bears."
    -Isaac Hayes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    I don't know.

You should tweed this question and see what responses you get.
    Lol.

Wait, surely "Green lrish Tweet" is a knockoff?
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kidviper View Post
    Ive heard that davidoff coolwater which i have is very similar to this, so is it worth it to pick up a bottle of git, please help. Ive been hearing that there is no difference from the top notes but when its towards the dry down is where u smell the difference is that true?
    actually, it is quite the opposite.

git has a magical opening, that cool water just cannot top.

it is an hour later where they start getting very similar.

still, if you can get GIT for <$150, it's well worth it

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Plus, HRH Prince Charles wears GIT!!! WOOT! That is the REAL reason Camilla is still with him...

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

CW in no way compares to the quality of GIT. If you can afford Creed, you'll be doing yourself a huge disservice by buying CW, imo.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gilesjp View Post
    If you own Cool Water there is no need to collect a bunch of redundant frags. I would make the decision after you use up the Cool Water. I do believe in owning the "best in class" so it might be a good choice to get GIT in place of re-upping on the CW.
    This ^^^^^^.

&

Post Thanks / Like

This is going to be an age old argument for me...

I tried GIT again today in a store after having owned and sold a bottle earlier this year. It's definitely not a versatile fragrance but one to use in cooler weather for sure. I have only liked it when it's cooler - those green notes seem to project better then. I have never got along with cool water and hate the stuff with a passion. It's not as good quality as GIT and tends to make me sneeze but as many have said, Joe Bloggs on the street is not going to know the difference...

I seem to like GIT though every now and then so who knows, I may end up with another bottle soon... And then end up selling it too...

If it's for your pleasure, get GIT. If you're big on the compliment factor and what people think, get Coolwater.
    The sense of smell, like a faithful counsellor, foretells its character.