Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 28 of 28
  1. #1

    Default Green Gucci Pour Homme?

    I saw a tester of Gucci Pour Homme at Sephora today and its color was green. It had a date code result of April 26, 2010. Does anyone know if it was ever reformulated with green juice or is just from being out in the light all day?
    For those about to stink, I salute you!

  2. #2
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, NYC, Manuel Antonio & Búzios
    Posts
    135,611

    Default Re: Green Gucci Pour Homme?

    Interesting. Don't recall ever seeing it that color before.

  3. #3
    Basenotes Plus

    JaimeB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Francisco, California
    Posts
    5,443
    Blog Entries
    148

    Default Re: Green Gucci Pour Homme?

    I hope this is a re-issue of Gucci Nobile, which was green (both in color and in scent profile)! Of course, if it were a re-issue, it would probably be ruined by all the Eurozone regulations...

    Still, I long for this wonderful old scent, a very green floral-woody fougère which deserves to be resurrected as close to the original version as possible. Why do these companies retire their best scents and replace them with inferior products? I'll never understand...
    Yr good bud,

    JaimeB

    "Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

    My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

    Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

    Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

    Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

    Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

    Male irato ferrum committitur.
    It is an evil thing to arm an angry man.
    —Seneca
    Currently wearing: Red Vetyver by Montale

  4. #4
    Moderator

    Redneck Perfumisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Spiritually, Kansas
    Posts
    14,661
    Blog Entries
    37

    Default Re: Green Gucci Pour Homme?

    I agree, Jaime!

    Sounds like this one was just GPH I or GPH II that was left out in the light.

    You're sure it wasn't Gucci Envy For Men? That's green, too. If it is, buy it on the spot!!!
    * * * *

  5. #5
    Dependent Shiny Beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    3,100

    Default Re: Green Gucci Pour Homme?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Sounds like this one was just GPH I or GPH II that was left out in the light. You're sure it wasn't Gucci Envy For Men? That's green, too. If it is, buy it on the spot!!!
    Word, light can do that. I immediately thought Envy as well, lolz. If it's Envy, snatch it up.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Lavras
    Posts
    226

    Default Re: Green Gucci Pour Homme?

    Effect of light or anything else around the bottle.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Green Gucci Pour Homme?

    Someone on a FB fragrance group posted a pic of a tester of Gucci PH1 from Sephora with green juice. It was legit. It was also absolutely ruined by the light. Gucci PH 1 is supposed to be brown. If it's green, it's spoiled and you should steer clear like the plague.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

    Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

  8. #8

    Default Re: Green Gucci Pour Homme?

    But isnt there no sunlight in Sephora?
    My Current Top 5 Fragrances:
    1) La Nuit De L'homme
    2) Dior Homme/Dior Homme Intense
    3) Pure Malt
    4) Le Male
    5) Tie: Acqua Di Gio Profumo & YSL L'homme

  9. #9
    Dependent L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    My avatar is not a self portrait, just in case you were wondering.
    Posts
    8,377
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Green Gucci Pour Homme?

    Did the bottle look like this?



    Or this:



    Or maybe this?

    Current Favorites:
    Reflection Man
    Royal Oud
    Penhaligon's Endymion
    Dior Homme
    Bergamote Soleil
    Gucci Pour Homme II
    Histoires De Parfums 1725
    Pomelo Paradis
    Terre d'Hermes Parfum
    Millesime Imperial
    Fahrenheit
    Hanae Mori H.M. EDT

  10. #10
    Dependent heperd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Austin Texas
    Posts
    4,902

    Default Re: Green Gucci Pour Homme?

    Gucci by Gucci Sport
    Want to trade - Chanel Platinum Egoiste for Dior Eau Sauvage...
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

  11. #11

    Default Re: Green Gucci Pour Homme?

    Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Gucci by Gucci Sport
    That was the first thing that came to mind...
    My Current Top 5 Fragrances:
    1) La Nuit De L'homme
    2) Dior Homme/Dior Homme Intense
    3) Pure Malt
    4) Le Male
    5) Tie: Acqua Di Gio Profumo & YSL L'homme

  12. #12

    Default Re: Green Gucci Pour Homme?

    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyLeMale View Post
    But isnt there no sunlight in Sephora?
    No, but there are bright lights lighting up the display cases and the whole store is very brightly lit, probably b/c they do makeup in there. Any kind of light is bad for the smell goods. Even artificial, Sephora light.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

    Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

  13. #13
    Zgb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    4,039

    Default Re: Green Gucci Pour Homme?

    Light and heat destroy the testers sometimes. Gucci Envy for men is green and Gucci by Gucci PH Sport is green. Gucci PH I is brown/orange and Gucci PH II is light blue.
    Currently wearing: Joop! Homme by Joop!

  14. #14

    Default Re: Green Gucci Pour Homme?

    Sorry guys, no reissue of Nobile or Envy. I went back to Sephora and photographed the bottle. I now present to you, the elusive . . . Green Gucci Pour Homme:


    10062012 139.jpg

    10062012 140.jpg


    I got a sample and compared it on paper and skin with my brown Gucci Pour Homme. Unfortunately, but not surprisingly the damage extended to the scent as well. While recognizable as Gucci Pour Homme, it had lost its assertiveness. I think you guys are right, it just turned green from being out in the light all day.
    For those about to stink, I salute you!

  15. #15

    Default Re: Green Gucci Pour Homme?

    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyLeMale View Post
    But isnt there no sunlight in Sephora?
    Some forms of bright/harsh lighting can have the same negative effect as sunlight. So, just think of how long that clear bottle has been exposed to those lights, day after day, with the glass amplifying the light even more on the inside for the juice. That's definitely a recipe for some spoiled juice after a while...

    This is why buying "open box" testers that were actually used can be risky.

  16. #16
    Dependent heperd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Austin Texas
    Posts
    4,902

    Default Re: Green Gucci Pour Homme?

    That bottle is effed up. Its probably just from sitting on top of those dumb, warm, lighted shelves for about 5 years. You see how no one that works there has noticed or gives a shit about it. No wonder they still have a stock left. How is that tester going to sell anything?

    - - - Updated - - -

    That bottle is effed up. Its probably just from sitting on top of those dumb, warm, lighted shelves for about 5 years. You see how no one that works there has noticed or gives a shit about it. No wonder they still have a stock left. How is that tester going to sell anything?
    Want to trade - Chanel Platinum Egoiste for Dior Eau Sauvage...
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

  17. #17

    Default Re: Green Gucci Pour Homme?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Stinky View Post
    Still looks perfectly fine to me!
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

    Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

  18. #18
    Super Member paradigm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    488

    Default Re: Green Gucci Pour Homme?

    Ive seen this green juice at several locations. It is quite different than my older, brown juice. I think it has nothing to do with light. Its simply different than the original folks.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Green Gucci Pour Homme?

    Also, its not a very popular scent at all and probably doesnt get used up at the store as much as other scents, therefore is on the shelf for a very very long time.
    My Current Top 5 Fragrances:
    1) La Nuit De L'homme
    2) Dior Homme/Dior Homme Intense
    3) Pure Malt
    4) Le Male
    5) Tie: Acqua Di Gio Profumo & YSL L'homme

  20. #20

    Default Re: Green Gucci Pour Homme?

    Same issue at my Sephora. Same bottle and cap but the juice was GREEN.

    I did a frantic on-site Google search and found nothing.

    I bought it anyway and I'm glad i did...



  21. #21

    Default Re: Green Gucci Pour Homme?

    Well, I've seen a Lutens' Chypre Rouge go green... so no suprise here.
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

    Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

    TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  22. #22

    Default Re: Green Gucci Pour Homme?

    Can I add to this? I see a lot of GPHI bottles online that are brown. But then I see some that are mom lets say a tad greenish creamy tan or lighter brown. Are those legit? My decant has a little green tinge to it... Actually looking at it now, it has a faint green look with light tan. The juice smells good.. I assume it was just old?

    image.jpg

    Something like that. What do you think? Good juice?

    image.jpg

    My decant...let me know! Thanks

  23. #23

    Default Re: Green Gucci Pour Homme?

    Quote Originally Posted by JaimeB View Post
    I hope this is a re-issue of Gucci Nobile, which was green (both in color and in scent profile)! Of course, if it were a re-issue, it would probably be ruined by all the Eurozone regulations...

    Still, I long for this wonderful old scent, a very green floral-woody fougère which deserves to be resurrected as close to the original version as possible. Why do these companies retire their best scents and replace them with inferior products? I'll never understand...
    Those French health and safety standards?!?

  24. #24

    Default Re: Green Gucci Pour Homme?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Stinky View Post
    Sorry guys, no reissue of Nobile or Envy. I went back to Sephora and photographed the bottle. I now present to you, the elusive . . . Green Gucci Pour Homme:


    10062012 139.jpg

    10062012 140.jpg


    I got a sample and compared it on paper and skin with my brown Gucci Pour Homme. Unfortunately, but not surprisingly the damage extended to the scent as well. While recognizable as Gucci Pour Homme, it had lost its assertiveness. I think you guys are right, it just turned green from being out in the light all day.
    Wow! Were you able to buy it?

  25. #25

    Default Re: Green Gucci Pour Homme?

    Quote Originally Posted by fit&frag'd View Post
    Some forms of bright/harsh lighting can have the same negative effect as sunlight. So, just think of how long that clear bottle has been exposed to those lights, day after day, with the glass amplifying the light even more on the inside for the juice. That's definitely a recipe for some spoiled juice after a while...

    This is why buying "open box" testers that were actually used can be risky.
    Actually florescent light can alter the juice like that! Maybe it sat on a high shelf and it did it's number on it?

  26. #26

    Default Re: Green Gucci Pour Homme?

    Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    Still looks perfectly fine to me!
    😁😂😀😂

  27. #27
    Basenotes Plus

    JaimeB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Francisco, California
    Posts
    5,443
    Blog Entries
    148

    Default Re: Green Gucci Pour Homme?

    The regulations are from the European Union folks in Brussels. Of course, France is part of the EU, but it's IFRA
    that sets the regs.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yr good bud,

    JaimeB

    "Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

    My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

    Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

    Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

    Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

    Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

    Male irato ferrum committitur.
    It is an evil thing to arm an angry man.
    —Seneca
    Currently wearing: Red Vetyver by Montale

  28. #28
    Basenotes Plus
    ILikePeeps's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    T̛e̢x͡as͜
    Posts
    3,240

    Default Re: Green Gucci Pour Homme?

    Quote Originally Posted by deviouskind View Post
    Can I add to this? I see a lot of GPHI bottles online that are brown. But then I see some that are mom lets say a tad greenish creamy tan or lighter brown. Are those legit? My decant has a little green tinge to it... Actually looking at it now, it has a faint green look with light tan. The juice smells good.. I assume it was just old?

    image.jpg

    Something like that. What do you think? Good juice?

    image.jpg

    My decant...let me know! Thanks
    Hmm, maybe it was manufactured with some type of green coloration already in it and light exposure expresses that more? I don't know.

    Also, lighting can make a big difference on how things look. Ever seen pics of the same bottle type for a frag that seem to look way different? One appearing white, and another seeming blue or grey/gray or something? Perhaps such as with Silver Mountain Water.

    Quote Originally Posted by eccj View Post
    Those French health and safety standards?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by eccj View Post
    Wow! Were you able to buy it?
    Quote Originally Posted by eccj View Post
    Actually florescent light can alter the juice like that! Maybe it sat on a high shelf and it did it's number on it?
    Quote Originally Posted by eccj View Post
    ��������
    **Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!

Similar Threads

  1. Compare and contrast: Gucci Pour Homme and Gucci Envy.
    By martinijo in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 17th March 2012, 03:48 PM
  2. Youtube Review Thread #80 : Gucci Pour Homme by Gucci : Classic
    By Robes08 in forum Member blogs and websites
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10th December 2011, 07:10 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10th December 2011, 06:53 PM
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 22nd June 2011, 02:22 PM
  5. Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme Sport longevity and projection
    By Armor King in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 15th October 2010, 03:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000