Code of Conduct

Default SOTD Thursday 4th october

Good morning, all!

Another rainy day in southern Norway. I get comfort from the delicious Hypnotic poison from Dior.

Have a super day
    Visit my Norwegian blog
    http://www.hagenpahytta.net
    Gardening, nature, food, perfume, life.

"Gardeners, I think, dream bigger dreams than emperors"
    Mary Cantwell

Default Re: SOTD Thursday 4th october

Good Morning,

Seeking (and finding) comfort in Bois des Iles and a new scarf.

As bibitry said: Have a super day !

Good morning!

Guerlain Vega

Smelling delish today and so do you I am sure.

Best to all

The smell of the weather changing is Leonard Balahe.

Good morning all! It's a beautiful sunny day in London... for now, at least!

Going with Fracas today. Don't know why I've been craving summery florals, but it brings me joy, so what the heck.

576942_409733159093610_176445971_n.jpg
    Do happy

Thank you for all your "get well" messages yesterday.
    I am nearly back to normal now - it was just a weird 24 hour
    bug.
    Wearing Fendi Theorema - yum!
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Chanel Coromandel.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Basenotes Plus

SOTD is Etat Libre d'Orange Tilda Swinton Like This
    Notes include yellow mandarin, ginger, pumpkin accord, immortelle, Moroccan neroli, rose de Grasse, vetiver, heliotrope, and musk

Take care, everyone!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Basenotes Plus

Good morning !. Glad to hear you are feeling better, Kewart

SotD is D'Orsay Le Dandy.

Yassou Dora. Sorry I missed you yesterday. Greetings from Scotland to your wonderful, wonderful country, the mother of Western Civilisation.

Various Colognes today. Discovered Dr Harris and Co Arlington Cologne, a wonderful English Cologne, a much overlooked genre IMO. It has a fantastic tart sherbetty opening with great green freny notes, and also Alvarez Gomez Agua de Colonia Concentrada. Completely different. A robust citrus with a good dose of herbs, geranium and something (?!) unusual in the base. Neither lasts, but that is not their job, is it! They are both inexpensive. Just reapply with abandon!

Something lush later..

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Mugler Cologne this AM
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Softly enveloped in La Traversée du Bosphore.
    Have a nice day!
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Blog Entries

Glad you are feeling better, kewart!

No SotD yet.

This morning I need to take my mother to he ophthalmologist for a checkup. She's been having headaches. The CT scan taken when she fell last month was normal, so I'm wondering if she needs her eyeglass prescription updated.

If that doesn't do it, it may be time to talk to her geriatric psychiatrist about upping her Zoloft (which resolved the headache problem she was having 2 years ago.)

Hello all. Diptyque 34 Boulevard Saint Germain
    DONNA

Thumbs up Re: SOTD Thursday 4th october

M A Z Z O L A R I
    L U I
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Basenotes Plus

Hi everyone!

I haven't been on much lately because my daughter was home for the weekend, which was great, we had a really good time. This week has been busy and can only be described as bizarre. On Tuesday we had high winds, with lots of blowing dirt, but the really bad part was that we were surrounded by wildfires. The worst fire was in a town 16 miles from us, they had to evacuate half the town. 11 houses and several other buildings were lost in the fire. Today, I had an early morning dentist appointment 90 miles away in Grand Forks, ND to have an implant put in. Well, we never made it there, we're in the midst of a snow storm, which started off with rain and turned to ice. We had to turn around, just not worth risking your life to get there. It's quite a large storm, we're suppose to get 10-12 inches of snow. The power has already been out twice, so I thought I better put my sotd on before it goes out for good. I have to catch up with everyones posts.

SotD is Hermes Rose Ikebana.

Have a great day everyone.

Good morning everyone!

I started my day very early with a run in my new Eau Parfumée au Thé Rouge ...it's perfect, I love it. I'm in Lady Vengeance now, also love. It's been a while since I've worn it and I'm starting to notice and appreciate the differences between this and MFK's Lumière Noire Pour Femme, both gorgeous and full-bottle worthy in my book, although I still find them remarkably similar ...must be that beautiful Kurkdjian signature.

Y'all have a great day!

Oh gosh, ((Kiliwia)) - sounds like quite an ordeal! A foot of snow - ugh. You stay safe and warm! (Hey, I just noticed your stunning new avatar - that's my Lipstick Rose! )
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

No scent yet, very headache-y lately. Will be fine, off to the doc in a while; she thinks I maybe need an adjustment to my migraine meds.

Woke up to the news that Kiliwia is due for snow! Be safe and warm, same to all in the area. Best thing is to stay in during the first big snowfall of the season if possible; I like to wait until all the other crazy drivers have adjusted to navigating in the stuff!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Jon, LOVE Le Dandy! My husband is traveling right now but he wears Le Dandy a lot......I miss him now!

SOTD: Profumi del Forte By Night, White. Love this scent and am debating whether I would like to buy a full bottle. It's such a great balance of summer/winter to my nose, and today is starting out very cold but will still warm up to tee shirt weather by the afternoon.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kiliwia View Post
    I haven't been on much lately because my daughter was home for the weekend, which was great, we had a really good time. This week has been busy and can only be described as bizarre. On Tuesday we had high winds, with lots of blowing dirt, but the really bad part was that we were surrounded by wildfires. The worst fire was in a town 16 miles from us, they had to evacuate half the town. 11 houses and several other buildings were lost in the fire. Today, I had an early morning dentist appointment 90 miles away in Grand Forks, ND to have an implant put in. Well, we never made it there, we're in the midst of a snow storm, which started off with rain and turned to ice. We had to turn around, just not worth risking your life to get there. It's quite a large storm, we're suppose to get 10-12 inches of snow. The power has already been out twice, so I thought I better put my sotd on before it goes out for good. I have to catch up with everyones posts.
    Good gracious, K. Sounds like the apocalypse! According to weather trends, you and I are supposed to have a relatively mild winter, but the Eastern Seaboard is supposed to get buried.

I'm dusting like a hyper vigilante. An author is coming over today to interview me for a chapter in her book about people who are working to make a difference in the ecological landscaping movement. I don't know if this will be a small thing or a big thing.

How to smell ... how to smell? Malone's Mint Leaf seems right--right? Overthinking everything. It's a good thing she's using a tape recorder cuz I think I'm going to prattle on like Robin Williams on speed.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

vintage EDT

Tam Dao by Diptyque

Basenotes Plus

Kiliwia, stay warm and please send some of the white stuff over to me combined with the Autumn colours the photographic opportunites would be limitless ....

SotE - Escada PH.

(((PerfumedLady)))
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 4th October 2012 at 07:40 PM.

Kiliwia, my goodness!! Wind, fire, ice, and snow? The weather gods sure know how to toy with us here in the Great Plains/Midwest, don't they? We're supposed to get down to the 20s tomorrow night! Brrrr!

PerfumedLady, I hope you get to feeling better. Kewart, I'm glad you're on the mend!

30R, it seems like your poor mom can't catch a break, health-wise. I'm hoping she can get things cleared up and settle into a period of no health events. Hang in there.

RHM, be strong. I'm sorry things are rough right now with your daughter. Teens are tough. I'm sending lots of positivity your way in hopes your funk breaks soon.

This is the first time I've posted this week as things have been crazy at work and with trying to get things ready for the house sale closing. But it's all done -- the sale closed this morning, and I am all but officially free. (The soon-to-be ex still has to OK the wording on the final divorce decree and property settlement agreement. Hopefully soon.) I missed you guys!!

So I'm celebrating the arrival of autumn, with the brilliant golds, the subdued reds (thanks to the drought), and the cold nights with Serge Lutens Arabie. I really enjoy this one but only in the autumn and winter.

I hope everyone has a really good day.

Kewart, I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. I hope Jon is feeling better, too.

PerfumedLady, I hope you feel better soon.

It was good to hear from Dora yesterday.

Kiliwia! Stay safe, dear!

Good luck, Quarry!

I'm wearing my usual vintage Chantilly today, floating around in a cloud of it. It is very comforting to me, but I feel self conscious wearing it out because it is so old fashioned and *dusty* -- I am afraid to let anyone stand too close because people just do not go around smelling like this anymore. Only a fellow Basenoter would understand.

p.s. ExtremeK, I hope things will be peaceful for you soon...a new "normal" at least.
    Last edited by lilybelle; 4th October 2012 at 05:50 PM.

Hope things settle down soon for you, ExtremeK!

I'm in L'Artisan Vanilia from a sample.

Etro Shaal Nur for me today.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    Good luck, Quarry!
    Well ... had to reschedule the interview. My honey and puppy dog were riding in our faithful ol' truck this morning when they were rear-ended and pushed into cross traffic. Vehicle totaled. Husband and dog were slightly banged up, as far as they look right now. Ambulance personnel told DH he could call 911 within the next day if his head/neck feel any worse.
    Never even got around to spraying on the Mint Leaf. Now that they're home and I just turned over an issue to the client, we're going to have a quiet afternoon watching TV and counting our blessings. Attache-Moi will be the substitute SoTD.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Oh no!! Quarry!! Thank goodness they are ok. Do you think D. should go to the Dr. anyway, just to make sure?

M7 Fresh

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Well ... had to reschedule the interview. My honey and puppy dog were riding in our faithful ol' truck this morning when they were rear-ended and pushed into cross traffic. Vehicle totaled. Husband and dog were slightly banged up, as far as they look right now. Ambulance personnel told DH he could call 911 within the next day if his head/neck feel any worse.
    Never even got around to spraying on the Mint Leaf. Now that they're home and I just turned over an issue to the client, we're going to have a quiet afternoon watching TV and counting our blessings. Attache-Moi will be the substitute SoTD.

What a relief to hear that everyone is relatively unscathed. Fragrance suddenly pales into insignificance when faced with such circumstances. Please give our very best to Mr Q and have a little relaxation on me.

Last edited by JON RODGERS; 4th October 2012 at 06:49 PM.

Good Heavens, Q. Glad the hubby and dog escaped more or less unscathed. Scary stuff.
    ((PL)) & ((Extreme K)) & anyone else in need.

Arrived home to find a lovely package of samples from BN's answer to Santa - Larimar.
    Testing Uncle Serge's Une Voix Noire.
    Best to all.

Good evening fragrant family. SotD has been and remains PG Tonkamande and a lemming is born!

((Hugs)) to Q, Mr Q and doggy Q 30R and 30R mum and PL

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    Testing Uncle Serge's Une Voix Noire.
    Best to all.
    Same thought here ^^

Stay safe and warm everybody, Kiliwia in particular! The sheer thought of snow and ice sends shivers down my back.

Blog Entries

Wow, what a day/what a week for all of us!

Quarry, I hope you can get your husband to just rest and not do any housework/taking out of trash/yardwork for the remainder of the day, and tomorrow if he has soreness. I have a hard time getting mine to rest when he has an injury.

Kiliwia, what weird weather!

Mom was told she needed new glasses but that it wasn't enough to account for her headaches. I can't leave a bottle of Tylenol or ibuprofen at her place any more because she forgets she took it, and tries to take it again shortly afterward. So I'm having to go over there more often, as needed. I feel like a yo-yo.

ExtremeK, congrats on the closing!

I am still scent-free but am going to my fridge to remedy that right away-- reaching for AG Eau d'Hadrien!

Hello all. Last few days have been nuts - always the same with the start of a new academic year. Came to post SOTD and then realised I'd forgotten what it was! Quick sniff recalled Bulgari Black.

Lots of news on the board today. Sending hugs to everyone who needs 'em, but an extra one for Q and Mr Q, not forgetting QK9. And Extreme K. Get well soon to PL and kewart and anyone else feeling under the weather. Literally in your case kiliwia!
    (30R).

Right, only Thursday but I'm off for a glass of vino. Take care all x

J M & J, lots have happened since I checked in this morning!

Mr. Q; rest, that's the best thing for it. I've been in a similar accident years ago and although he might not feel any different physically now, he is likely to feel the shock later.

30R; I admire your tenacity and patience. Love to you and your mum.

Kiliwia; Hope the weather doesn't cause too much problem for you.

SOTE is Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille.

Hugs to all who needs it and sending good thoughts for better days for all.
    Do happy

It is official wine o'clock here in Virginia! It has felt like Friday all day long...wonder what tomorrow will feel like! I'm not sure about SotE, most likely a Chantilly top up, and I'm mulling over tomorrow's woodsy Scent Synch. I never know for sure until I'm in the moment. Have a good night sweethearts! ♥

Hey again, y'all!

So now it's time for that other rose I was talking about, MFK's Lumière Noire Pour Femme, also perfectly divine. I just can't make up my mind which I like better ...good thing I don't have to!

((Quarry)) - how frightening! Even the smallest fender-benders can cause so much damage - I'm so glad nobody was injured.

((PerfumedLady)) - I sure hope you're feeling better now!

I'm also having a cocktail, but I don't feel any need whatsoever to apologize for it. I'm pretty sure it's wine o'clock here at least once a day every day, lol. Cheers!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Hi,

I was wearing Ubar today,

It is very late here and you all seem to have had a very busy day!
    I am going to read your posts tomorrow!

Have a nice evening!

Mure et Musc for an interview today.

Happy to say I have two tentative offers of job. One at large impersonal bank, 6mo contract, better pay; one at smaller happy office, not evil empire, not great pay. I think I will take door #2, nothing absolutely certain until I'm in there working of course, everything 'conditional' these days but the #2 people so happy with my interview they called everyone else and told them don't bother coming in, so that is certainly promising!

Blog Entries

That is good news, Robin! A happy place to work has a value all its own, that can't be measured in dollars.

We are smack in the middle between Kiliwia and ExtremeK, and it is getting colder and colder now with high winds. No percipitation though.

Robin, what a relief. Doing a happy cha cha cha for you.

Bombay Bling this evening. No likie.

Today I sampled- and am resampling- Amarige D'amour by Givenchy. It's different from what I imagined when reading the reviews, crisper and fresher. Very floral and a bit sweet/tart. Reminds me a little of J'adore by Christian Dior. Playful and romantic! Nice "fresh" rose scent, not at all soapy or overly "perfumey." Almost a natural rose, reminding me of quality rose essential oil. Subtly sexy, vivid, yet delicate- just like a red rose!

(Wasn't sure at first, but it's "growing" on me!)
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Lovingly layered in luscious Louder for Men tonight
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Creed Silver Mountain Water

Gucci Pour Homme
    Gary