Code of Conduct

Default By Kilian's Pure Oud (they nailed it!)

By Kilian has nailed it. This is the best recreation of ...

BandAid brand BandAid's that I have ever smelled. They have taken oud and in an attempt to make it more palatable they ironically perfected the scent of Band Aids.

Default Re: By Kilian's Pure Oud (they nailed it!)

I am wearing it today. Thanks. Now all I smell are band Aids lol. I actually like the smell of Pure oud but I don't think I want to smell like pure oud/bandaids.

Most western oud fragrances (By Kilian included) only slightly resemble actual oud. Real oud is so pungent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gmm150 View Post
    I don't think I want to smell like pure oud/bandaids.
    I know, but unfortunately this one does.

I find the olfactory association of oud with BandAids kind of odd myself. I don't really get it, but, hey, that's mon nez, or a different brand marketed here in Canada. To me, "oudiness" has an near-metallic tang--resinous and slightly mouth-watering. I can almost taste it on my soft palate, as well as by nose.

I love-love-love Pure Oud, from the burnt cedar wood/petroleum/rubber opening flash to the sweetly woody dry down. Marvelous. So marvelous, in fact, that I'm probably going to forgo buying it and head straight for the (only-available-from-far-away-places) Extreme Oud, which, reportedly, is "all that and a bag of chips".

Wile I like Pure Oud, I prefer Original Aoud by Montale for the linear oud scent.

I finally tried Pure Oud recently. While I really enjoyed the scent (bandaids and all), it was too demure on my skin for my taste. I had to put my nose right up against my skin to smell it. If the Extreme Oud version remedied this, I'd love to try it.

Does anyone know if the Extreme Oud and Black Oud (the amped up Kilian rose oud scent sold in the Middle East) versions come in refill bottles? Is there any way to get these exclusive Kilian scents in the U.S.?