Code of Conduct

Default Differences between old and new bottle Amouage Reflection?

Has anyone got to test these side by side? Unlike with Silver Cologne, where the concentration was not listed, the original Reflection in the old Khanjar bottle was labeled an EdT while the new bottles are EdP.

Has there been any other changes?
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Default Re: Differences between old and new bottle Amouage Reflection?

Mudassir? Are you out there?

I figure you are the one who would know.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

SOS,
    I haven't tried Reflection from the new bottles yet. However, I didn't find any difference between older and newer bottles for Dia for men, Dia for women, Gold for men and Gold for women. I believe it might be a realization that an EDP could be marketed towards men as well, rather than an actual change in concentration. That being said, there are a few BNers who think Gold for men has been toned down (Vibert, moreda and InconcievableZen to name a few).
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

Hmm, thanks for the reply Mudassir. I might just have to order a sample from you along with another sample of the "new?" version from Luckyscent.

Are you an Amouage dealer? I see you have quite a few for sale. If so, can you get the new bottle version? I know it's odd but I actually really like the new bottles moreso than the old - they are less ostentatious and seem classier to me.. that and I'd like my budding Amouage collection to look consistent. I know, I'm odd.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

I cannot comment about the perfumes difference, I only got new 50ml bottle with EDP. Not the masterpiece of Amouage, Reflaction Man is rather the first step from Fresh Modern Fashionable Scents (Arcus, Ciel, Cirrus) back onto Great Oriental Way (Jubilation XXV, Lyric, Epic)...
    Vetiver The Great!!!

That's what I love about it, though. It is a scent full of contrasts.. warm and cool, spicy and soft, masculine and feminine, fresh but oriental, light and dark. I also adore that excellent rosemary/pepper topnote. I am obsessed with rosemary at the moment!

Moon_fish, I'm just curious, is the juice in the new bottles absolutely clear, like this?

or does it have a slight yellow/tan hue to it, like this?
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 17th September 2009 at 06:56 AM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

I`ll check it out at home, but AFAI could recall, it`s clear juice.
    I believe that darker tone is just matter of light correction in both pictures.
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Thanks. I know Amouage photoshops most of their bottles...

for instance:

Amouage Dia, photoshopped in shading and shadows

Actual bottle picture.
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 17th September 2009 at 09:02 AM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Did you get a chance to check this out, moon_fish?

Thanks!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought a bottle of Reflection from Mudassir! I can't WAIT to get it! I haven't bought a new fragrance in a LONG time! I'm also going to finally commit to the Arcus, which I know a lot of people don't appreciate as much as I do, and I'd get Cirrus as well, but that seems to be entirely gone.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Congrats Scentronic.

Maybe we can trade.. a small sample of your old bottle Reflection for a small sample of Lyric Man?

Anyhow, I too like Arcus although I'm not sure if I want/need it as I generally like Erolfa better. Well, I don't necessarily like it better as a composition, it just suits me better. I still may pick up a bottle of it in the future - I've only got about 2.5ml left in a decant generously gifted to me.

Reflection is amazing though. As we speak I'm ordering up a bunch of Amouage samples from Luckyscent, and also another scent, No. 2 Wicken 3000 by Six Scents, created by the perfumer - Lucas Sieuzac - behind Reflection Man.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 18th September 2009 at 05:42 PM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

I'm actually tempted to forego the Amouage sample spree (going to set me back around $60) and just splurge on a large bottle of Reflection.

There are just so many of the men's Amouage I haven't tried that I know the anxiety of thinking I might have preferred one of them over Reflection if only I had sampled them all would eat away at me. Argh!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Post Thanks / Like

SOS - It seems you are gonna wear only Amouage's exclusively in the near future

Should that day ever come, my wallet would limit me to a wardrobe of 3-5!

Tbh, I still love a lot of designer scents. I can't see myself without Versace PH, Prada Amber, M7, etc anytime soon. So far though, there is something about the Amouage style of blending that really agrees with me. The four I've tried are all dense and well blended with many interesting facets tucked into the folds of the scent; yet they are smooth and light enough for regular wear - something that is important to me if i'm considering a bottle purchase. It's for that reason that I imagine I'd never end up with a bottle of Gold or Epic Man or some of the other heavier or more ostentatious scents. Perhaps a decant.

The other thing I've found is that while I really like some houses on an artistic level (Les Nez, MPG, etc), some/most of their fragrances are not something I could wear regularly, or they are more tailored to specific moods or events. That doesn't hold true for the Amouages I've tried (I know I've tried a lot of their safer scents, however!)

Two other things draw me to Amouage. Their scents seem to have an almost therapeutic element to them to my nose (perhaps due to higher amounts of naturals? Placebo effect? I don't know. I do know that it is a real, distinctly different feeling, whatever the cause) and I am also drawn to the packaging and storylines for their newer scents. I'm trying to move away from being such a deconstructionist while wearing perfume (although I still do this all the time to try and learn from the perspective of a perfumer) and instead just dive in and feel the magic again. Amouage reawakened a lot of that magic for me.
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 18th September 2009 at 06:58 PM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    The other thing I've found is that while I really like some houses on an artistic level (Les Nez, MPG, etc), some/most of their fragrances are not something I could wear regularly, or they are more tailored to specific moods or events. That doesn't hold true for the Amouages I've tried (I know I've tried a lot of their safer scents, however!)
    Well said buddy...this is the key to have a finer and more accurate collection

Two other things draw me to Amouage. Their scents seem to have an almost therapeutic element to them to my nose (perhaps due to higher amounts of naturals? Placebo effect? I don't know. I do know that it is a real, distinctly different feeling, whatever the cause) and I am also drawn to the packaging and storylines for their newer scents. I'm trying to move away from being such a deconstructionist while wearing perfume (although I still do this all the time to try and learn from the perspective of a perfumer) and instead just dive in and feel the magic again. Amouage reawakened a lot of that magic for me.
    Same here! of the 80+ scents tht i have at this point, Only XXV and Parfumerie Generales L'Ombre Fuave makes me feel that way. These two scents make me feel Ethreal. the good news is, this is just the begining...so many more scents to test..
    Last edited by jenson; 18th September 2009 at 07:10 PM.

I got my bottle today!

The new juice is definitely a light, pale yellow. I also received a sample of the old Reflection for Women, which is a very light purple/lilac color, which is also the color I believe for the old men's juice.

Tbh, I really do like that light violet color, and kind of wish the new juice was the same color as it would go absolutely perfect with the packaging. On the flipside, i'm glad that they aren't using any artificial colorants anymore in their scents.

One thing that makes me wonder is what has changed in the new juice. There is no way that you could get that almost clear, ultra-light lilac hue by adding any colorants to the new juice as it's already far too dark. This seems to imply that some new ingredient or ingredients have been added.

If you have the old bottle Reflection, can you do me a huge favor and reply with the ingredients listed on the package. I know that's not a definitive way to check if there are any changes as many (most) ingredients don't need to be listed, but it could give some clues.

Also, if anyone has a sample of the old Reflection that they'd like to swap or sell, please let me know. I'd like to test it side by side with the new stuff. Thanks!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I got my bottle today!

The new juice is definitely a light, pale yellow. I also received a sample of the old Reflection for Women, which is a very light purple/lilac color, which is also the color I believe for the old men's juice.

Tbh, I really do like that light violet color, and kind of wish the new juice was the same color as it would go absolutely perfect with the packaging. On the flipside, i'm glad that they aren't using any artificial colorants anymore in their scents.

One thing that makes me wonder is what has changed in the new juice. There is no way that you could get that almost clear, ultra-light lilac hue by adding any colorants to the new juice as it's already far too dark. This seems to imply that some new ingredient or ingredients have been added.

If you have the old bottle Reflection, can you do me a huge favor and reply with the ingredients listed on the package. I know that's not a definitive way to check if there are any changes as many (most) ingredients don't need to be listed, but it could give some clues.

Also, if anyone has a sample of the old Reflection that they'd like to swap or sell, please let me know. I'd like to test it side by side with the new stuff. Thanks!
    Hey SOS, wondering if you ended up comparing the old Reflection Man with the new? I've found a pretty good deal for the original EDT Reflection Man and need to know if there's any difference with the EDP. Thanks.

I did get a chance to compare them and found no distinct differences.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!