Code of Conduct

Thread: Very Estee

Default Very Estee

Anyone tried this? It's now available online in the UK, but I haven't had a chance to see if the shops have it. I could do with a new floral in my collection, but find the cassis a bit worrying. It often equals kitty pee on me.

Default Re: Very Estee

Sorry, can't answer your question but I could not contain myself: Et tu, Estee!

Please keep me informed if you know where to purchase in the U.S.

I am a closet Estee Lauder fan. For such a long time, when I became a perfume lover, a few people led me to believe that all American/department store fragrances were trash. Thankfully, I let my nose be my guide and fell in love with many of them from Obsession to Azuree. I can't wait to try this. And we won't talk about my Youth Dew love....
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all.
    W. Somerset Maugham

I'd love to try Very Estee, but I haven't manage to yet. I will have to go to a department store soon for makeup (I'm a mallphobe so must gird myself up for mall outings) and if I see it I will give it a sniff. Did I read it was released to be sold at airport dutyfree shops? Can't remember.

I love Estee Lauder, too, KarmaLee - especially the classics. I have to be in the mood for them, though. I was just contemplating buying Knowing yesterday. I think I will look for an older version. And maybe a vintage Cinnabar, too.

I looked at O'hare a couple of weeks ago but couldn't find it...

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    I'd love to try Very Estee, but I haven't manage to yet. I will have to go to a department store soon for makeup (I'm a mallphobe so must gird myself up for mall outings) and if I see it I will give it a sniff. Did I read it was released to be sold at airport dutyfree shops? Can't remember.

I love Estee Lauder, too, KarmaLee - especially the classics. I have to be in the mood for them, though. I was just contemplating buying Knowing yesterday. I think I will look for an older version. And maybe a vintage Cinnabar, too.
    I am traveling on a writing retreat and we all went to a mall tonight after dinner. The Estee L. perfume folks had never heard of this! The head sales person took my phone with this discussion on it to take notes haha. She then CALLED her manager to see if she had heard about it. They got out sales books to look it up, called each other. It was great fun! I told them it had just been released so probably hitting the larger retailers first.

Anyway, we had a wonderful discussion about EL fragrances and I tried Alliage for the first time. And fell in love. AGAIN. I wanted to buy it, but I just bought 2 Guerlains....I refrained, but barely. Still want to smell this asap!
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all.
    W. Somerset Maugham

I sprayed a card about two weeks ago. It was sort fresh and a little green to my nose.
    The SA did say it had blackcurrant, but for me it was more like the leaf rather than the fruit. Hence the greenness.

All I can say is its not a fruity floral, as in sweet and teenager.

Boots had it, no big display just sitting on the counter.

Sometimes they release them in the UK/Europe only. It happened with one some years back, and it as a very long time before it hit the US. It was designed for the European market only.
    DONNA

Aha! ^^^ That's why I was thinking dutyfree.

Will keep trying to get a sniff while out traveling. Poor confused state-side sales person!
    W. Somerset Maugham

I feel badly for the SAs. They often seem uninformed, and that's not fair. Wouldn't the cosmetic companies that employ them want to keep them abreast of what's going on? Don't they have sales meetings? I don't know how it works, but communication is critical.

This is the one which was out in the UK for a good two years before it hit the US.

Intuition (2000)

Liz Hurley was the face of perfume
    DONNA

I'm trialing a sample of this I managed to bag at the Estee counter in Boots.

When I sprayed the card in shop I didn't like it, but on my skin it shows promise. On me the Cassis is very subtle and it is primarily a fresh floral. It's quite feminine. Sillage is light to moderate with two sprays. Longevity is ok, but not up to other EL's I have tried. Three out of four female friends have liked it very much on my skin and hubby has given his usual grunt of approval. I see some similarity between Chanel Chance Eau Tendre, but think this is more complex. When I get a chance I'll try them side by side and report back.

For non UK people who want to try this, there are now samples appearing on UK ebay, if you can find a seller willing to post internationally.

edit: I take it back. Estee bears little resemblance to Chance Eau Tendre. I don't know what I was thinking. Chance ET starts overwhelmingly fruity and is strong and cloying on me. Very estee hits me with rose at the start and then jasmine comes through and it settles into a fresh green floral.
    Last edited by bubby; 10th November 2012 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KarmaLee View Post
    I am traveling on a writing retreat and we all went to a mall tonight after dinner. The Estee L. perfume folks had never heard of this! The head sales person took my phone with this discussion on it to take notes haha. She then CALLED her manager to see if she had heard about it. They got out sales books to look it up, called each other. It was great fun! I told them it had just been released so probably hitting the larger retailers first.

Anyway, we had a wonderful discussion about EL fragrances and I tried Alliage for the first time. And fell in love. AGAIN. I wanted to buy it, but I just bought 2 Guerlains....I refrained, but barely. Still want to smell this asap!
    I also love Estee. I was a fan of Beyond Paradise for awhile, and like Pleasures and Pleasures Intense. I also have Knowing, Beautiful and the Private Collection trio in the EDP. Of course, nothing matches Azuree. I am trying to love Elixir and sometimes I can't handle it.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

t'estee