Code of Conduct

Default Random thoughts on Random samples Part 1...

Cartier Roadster and Roadster Sport....Cartier makes some very nice masculine scents. I enjoyed both of these even though I am not the biggest mint fan.. Well made, above average longevity and with Roadster the vanilla in the dry down hangs around without being overly sweet which is a plus for me. Roadster Sport is different, fresh and clean. Am I running out to purchase this...no...if I decided to get a small decant of this...I would be happy I did for when the mood struck me.

Tom Ford Noir de Noir....this is a frightening beautiful scent...I don't know what else to say. It is too soft and a bit feminine for my tastes. This is the type of scent one simply does not forget.

Puredistance M....this one is not for me. The opening was very spicy...a bit unpleasant. I kept waiting for it to evolve into something interesting but it failed on my skin. Seemed to me to be way to spicy and not enough of the leather I was looking for. Potent scent

MFK Absolue Pour le SOIR....Very interesting scent. Wore it for three days straight. The opening hits you right between the eyes. I really the enjoyed the dry down as the smokiness came through. Unfortunately it was also very sweet and it became very heavy..like a syrup. Still a beautiful scent for those who enjoy this type of scent. I would like to try the cologne to see if it is a bit different. Lasted forever.

MFK Amyris Pour Homme....I loved this. This is class personified, elegant and refined. Superb opening before it got down to business. As it evolves it takes a bit of time..at least for me...to start to recognize just the hint of coconut and chocolate. A richness of the top notch ingredients combine to make this a wonderful scent. Found this list of notes: Top Notes
    Rosemary, Mandarin

Middle Notes
    Elemi balsam, Coconut, Coffee, Iris, Milk chocolate

Base Notes
    Tonka bean, Oud

This did not have the staying power of Absolue Pour le Soir. I wore this for two days straight and wish I had more. I would like to sample the rest of MFK's line.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

"I've been everywhere but the electric chair seen everything but the wind."..

Default Re: Random thoughts on Random samples Part 1...

MFK Absolue Pour le SOIR & MFK Amyris Pour Homme are very nice scents.

Recently sampled Roadster myself.
    Extremely good in my view.Inspired and subtle use of mint. My favourite Cartier and I think very versatile.

Thanks for sharing, great selection of scents too.

Had the pleasure of sampling Roadster as well. I was not too fond of the opening. I remember thinking, "Great, another dud." The dry down went the other way, very nice and smooth, yet sophisticated and "clean"

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Mrnybluesman;

MFK Absolue Pour le SOIR....Very interesting scent. Wore it for three days straight. The opening hits you right between the eyes. I really the enjoyed the dry down as the smokiness came through. Unfortunately it was also very sweet and it became very heavy..like a syrup. Still a beautiful scent for those who enjoy this type of scent. I would like to try the cologne to see if it is a bit different. Lasted forever..
    Cologne Pour le Soir is a very nice alternative to the Absolue version. It doesn't have that Cummin kick you get at the beginning of Absolue. It is a bit smoother. Does not have the forever lasting power of Absolue, but better than average. I own both and enjoy both.