Code of Conduct

Default SOTD Friday 5th october 2012

Hello everyone!

We do have a SOTD-thread fridays even if some of us are synchronized, don't we?

Well, my SOTD is Serge Lutens Chypre rouge. Synchronized!

Have a wonderful friday. The weather is simply fantastic here today. Sun, sun, sun!!
    Visit my Norwegian blog
    http://www.hagenpahytta.net
    Gardening, nature, food, perfume, life.

"Gardeners, I think, dream bigger dreams than emperors"
    Mary Cantwell

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: SOTD Friday 5th october 2012

Good morning bibitry, good morning everyone !.

In synch today with M.Micallef Gaiac.

Day off today, jobs done, could well be wine o'clock by lunchtime

Last edited by JON RODGERS; 5th October 2012 at 09:38 AM.

Good morning.

Wearing Une Rose Chypree this morning. Haven't worn this in ages.

I hope you are all feeling better and are having a better day. Love to all and sending good thoughts for happier days.

mapplethorpe roses.jpg
    Do happy

Grey Flannel.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Morning All,

Jon - that lunchtime drink sounds *very* tempting. Sadly, I'm not able to join you. Come 5.00pm however,....

Sycomore today.

Best to all!

Hello all. Chanel Bois des Illes parfum.
    DONNA

Need to show you the rose outside my kitchen. Possibly the last this year:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Visit my Norwegian blog

Mary Cantwell

Creed Original Santal

Thumbs up Re: SOTD Friday 5th october 2012

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

How great it's Friday today. Phew. SOTD is Jo Malone Amber & Lavender.

Basenotes Plus

Jon, good on you! Enjoy your day off.

SOTD is Egyptian Goddess. Have a lovely Friday, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Don't think I have a fave woody scent right now for the sync..though I love woody.

One woody I do really like is Eau de Cartier Essence d`Orange..so that's my sotd.
    $25 or less clearance sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/390...othing-over-25!!

"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us." Rom. 8:18

Basenotes Plus

In Sync with YOSH La Contessa.....sandalwood heaven, definitely a favorite.

Have a wonderful Friday!

I am taking the girls to see the new movie Frankenweenie after school today. http://disney.go.com/frankenweenie/#
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Cool Water

Good morning everyone!

I'm in sync in Chanel Bois des Îles, current parfum and edp. ♥

Y'all have a great day!

Your roses are gorgeous bibitry, and so vibrant in the sunlight - nice pic!

Jon - I hope you're having an excellent day off! Cheers!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

JR, the uploader made this video unuploadable in my country. As if I am in the Antarctics or something. The right weather though, we are at below zero (at 27F).

Nice (dis)array of woods today: sandalwood, cedarwood, guaiac wood, fig, patchouli, sycamore, two of them being sandalwood heaven of Bwah dez Eel. I will go with Roberto Cavalli Oro (cello was enjoying my scents earlier this week, about time I enjoy hers, right?).
    Last edited by Twolf; 5th October 2012 at 01:14 PM.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Thank you, my special friends, for the sense of security blanket you conveyed around my family yesterday. Your attention means more than makes sense. Dan has only a sore arm, and puppy Pieper seems to be more emotionally traumatized than physically. It was probably time to get a truck manufactured more recently than the '80s anyway.

I will go apply some Bwah Daze Eels in synchro-solidarity.

Reminder: Tomorrow is Sniff 'n' Speak Saturday -- Amber.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Basenotes Plus

Oh Quarry, I had no idea but went back to read about what happened yesterday. Please give Dan & your fur baby gentle hugs from Sofie and me.
    In the meantime, some soothing music for you all.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Quarry, I am so sorry about the accident but glad to hear hubby and puppy seem to be ok. The thought of the fear that poor doggie must have felt just makes my heart ache. Must be sad to lose the truck, too- it was surely an important tool in your beautiful home renovations. But now you'll have an even better one; I just hope no more injuries present themselves. You folks deserve to take it easy this weekend.

Thank you, thank you for your best wishes with my migraines! I am used to them and my day wasn't nearly as tough as some of you had yesterday. But I appreciate the concern very much and the love from my friends here and my hubby combined with new meds have me feeling sooo much better today! Finally got a solid night's sleep last night, first one all week. Appears I am on the mend!

Still, not taking any chances on scent today- woods can be tricky for me so no sync. Playing it safe in some No.5 Sensual Elixir. Happy Friday! Love to you all!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Borsalino ~ Panama. Wishing you all a splendid weekend.

Basenotes Plus

Good morning!

Quarry, glad to hear Mr.Q and Pieper are okay, but what a scary thing to go through.

Our power was out for 10 hours yesterday, it went out while I was trying to edit my post, lol. Last night we had overnight guests, because their power was still out. It's snowing and blowing today and school was cancelled here. Hopefully by tonight it will settle down.

This is a picture out our front door yesterday about 10 am. The heavy snow broke a few branches, later in the day. Sorry the pic is so large, I'm not good at resizing.

SotD is Chanel Bois des Iles.

Have a good day!
    Last edited by Kiliwia; 5th October 2012 at 03:00 PM.

Kiliwia - Oh, my goodness! It looks so dreary and cold. I hope the weather clears up for you soon. And I thought we had it bad with chilly winds...

Quarry - so glad to hear that your husband and your Pieper are OK! If Ozzy went through something like this he would refuse to ride with us again -he whines every time as it is. I wish Pieper to recover soon from his emotional trauma.

PerfumedLady - so happy to know you are feeling better today.

Not synching: Malik Al Atoor oil. Notes: Oud, Musk, Amber, Ward Taifi, Rose. But it smells like ashy fruit or Arabian take on Chanel 19
    Last edited by Whitefluffy; 5th October 2012 at 04:00 PM.

Somewhere it's snowing!! It seems impossible, from here- still summer-ish!
    In Osmanthus Interdite, today, to match the wonderful smell coming from the shrubs in streets and gardens!
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

(((Quarry))), I'm glad Dan and Pieper are ok. So sorry about the truck! We have an old brown Ford staton wagon - which I love dearly - and I am going to hate to have to say goodbye to it one day, which is inevitable. Did it have a name, your truck? R.I.P. Ole [Bessie or...]. I hope you all have a peaceful weekend.

Kiliwia! Isn't it early for snow, even in Minnesota? I'm glad you got your power back. That would rattle me.

It's still summer here, at least I'm still wearing summer clothes: tee shirt, skirt, sandals. I wouldn't mind a little cooler weather, but I will NEVER be ready for snow like that.

In synch, finishing a sample of Féminité du Bois today. I admire it very much, but I feel the urge to top it up with something brighter, to lift its spirits. This is a bit too austere for today's breezy sunshine. Perhaps some orangey/mandarin citrus on top.

TGIF everybody.

Basenotes Plus

Lilybelle, yes it's too early. Usually it's around the 1st week of November when we get the 1st snowfall.

Quarry, I didn't know! Glad Dan and Pieper are OK!

Jon, enjoy your day off!

Don't know if I am synching or not -- I'm testing out Neil Morris Parfum d'Ida.

Take care, all.

(((((Quarry))))) I'm so glad Mr. Q and Pieper are OK. I'm crossing my fingers that you can convince him to rest at least 1 day longer than he thinks he needs to. I don't know if you're into this, but most dogs really love massage. If you can get Pieper to lie side-down and with very gentle pressure rub the soft areas in between his bones (e.g., the fleshy parts of shoulders, hips, and chest), as well as down each side of the spine and very gently down the leg tendons, that may help. Dugan used to just melt. All I'd have to say is, "Dugan, do you want a shoulder rub?", and down he'd go, grinning at me. I'm so glad they're both OK.

(((((30R))))) You're one amazing daughter. Remember to take time for yourself, too.

Robin, what wonderful news! I'm so very happy for you. Just trust your instincts.

Jon and G, so wishing I could join you for that drink, but it's only 11 am here. Too early for me, but I'm with you in spirit.

Well, everyone, I'm happy to report ... ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!! And I couldn't be happier about it. I actually slept in until 7 am this morning -- the latest in years!

I'm sort of in synch -- I'm wearing a woody fragrance I like a lot, but it isn't my favorite as I wore both of those earlier this week: Tam Dao and Bois de Violette.

Today's sort-of-synching-SOTD is Parfumerie Generale Cadjmere.

Alityke, I'm lemming with you on Tonkamande.

Basenotes Plus

SotE - Zino Davidoff.

Have a great weekend !

Blog Entries

((Quarry, Mr. Quarry and Pieper)) Massages all around!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4b7Q...eature=related

Kiliwia, is it normal for you to have snow this early in the year?

I'm in L'Artisan Fleur d'Oranger and about to head out the door to find titanium frames for my mother's new glasses. They need to be narrow enough to suit her face yet be tall enough to accommodate trifocals. When I find something promising, I'll take her to be fitted. That way I won't have to drag her all over town. Edit: Success! Glasses have been ordered.

I did some more reading on the Internet and it seems that "post-traumatic headache" is the most common consequence of minor head trauma. But it can last for months or even years, and meds may not alleviate it entirely. I put over-the-counter pain meds in her MedReady (automated medication dispenser) so that she has it in her system regularly for the next few days, but she is still complaining of headache. If the problem persists, I'll call her psychiatrist next week and ask whether it might be worth trying to increase her Zoloft (but that will probably also increase her risk of falls.) Sometimes, there is no easy solution.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 5th October 2012 at 08:13 PM.

Good evening! Off to a nice chat and meal with friends, and wearing Arpege de Lanvin.

I wish everyone a beautiful evening, snow or shine
    Visit my Norwegian blog

Mary Cantwell

Blog Entries

SOTD: Millesime Imperial by Creed.

Good Evening,

Kiliwia - that looks horrible ! And so early, too. At least you smell wonderful

For those (Jon, Extreme K, Larimar etc) who indulge in a wee tipple of a Friday evening, Cheers
    I stopped by the pub after work for a couple of lovely real ales ( a pale ale and another which was almost 8% !).
    Back home, warm and dry, and wearing l'heure bleue extrait.

Best to all.

Pure Gold by Montale

Carolina Herrera.

Wow, seems there's a lot going on out there! Hugs to all!
    Just popping in quickly to say 'hi.'
    I'll synch up today in Laboratorio Olfattivo Cozumel... sandalwood...
    Looking forward to tonight - making chili and cornbread (& of course margaritas to go with it), and will be decorating for Halloween.
    Happy weekend everyone!

Gosh almighty, I'm so freakin' happy I don't have to worry about snow any more ...sorry K, lol. It's still quite summery here, so I'm spending the afternoon lounging by the pool with a book and a big glass of iced tea in Dior Dune ...so I suppose I'm technically out of sync now, but there's still enough BdI in here to last a while.

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Finished my sample of Elixir des Merveilles edp and dabbed on just a bit of vintage Chanel No. 19 edt splash. An odd yet fine combination.
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

Evening all. A flying visit only. Synched by baptising my new decant of SL Bois de Violette. I love it's opening in summer but it was less successful in today's cool. The mid and dry own were stunning as ever. Wish it lasted a little longer, by lunch the remains of yesterday's Tonkamande on my watch, bra strap and hair roots was making its presence known. Lemming, lemming, lemming, lemming, lemming, lemming, lemming, lemming, purchase!

Serge Lutens Tubereuse Criminelle.

This is a tricky one. When applied on skin, the menthol note dissipates after a couple of minutes. I just happened to dab a bit of it on my shirt today, and bloody hell, the astringent note is unyielding on fabric. It induced a mild headache in me - the first ever caused by a perfume - and I smelt akin to a disinfectant or something.

All in all, epic fail.

Basenotes Plus

SOTE is Bond No 9 Andy Warhol Lexington Avenue body cream and edp. Still in sync, as this has blue cypress and sandalwood. ("Notes: Blue cypress, fennel, roasted almonds, pink peony, crème brulée, and sandalwood")

The body cream is a favorite of mine, the cypress is less noticeable and the creme brûlée is amplified. Sooooo good!

Neil Morris Rainflower today. He has the best smelling jasmine somehow, or maybe just mixes it with things that make it smell good to me? This one isn't *me* smelling but very pretty and I enjoy it a lot.

Thank you guys for the congratulations on job opportunities finally. It is a relief. I feel like I am two-timing them right now as I did have to start the process at both so as not to lose the opportunity if one or the other fell through. Makes me nervous for some reason.

Yikes, Quarry! So glad your man and dog were OK, that is good news.

And hugs for 30R, I really hope your mom can get comfortable.

Kokorico..... G.303

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Finishing up in Polo Double Black
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

bleu autumn haze

Late entry for me ... I met hubby after work for shopping, dinner, drinks, and a stop at the casino. We had FUN! I am in synch today by wearing SL Chene. I love it ... it's fresh-cut oak to me with some smoky notes sneaking in the dry down. I need a full bottle!

Kiliwia, that looks like some kind of snow storm! Way too early for such winter-y weather.

hugs to Quarry, Mr Quarry, and Pieper ... so glad that all are ok!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Si Lolita for the SotE. You guys have a good weekend.

Caron Parfum Sacre...elegant iris, autumn bliss.