Code of Conduct

Default A bit early but what's on your Christmas wish list?:D

So guys..what's on the list so far, if anything? What item would you like under the tree the most?

Edited..probably an Ineke scent or a Jo Malone for me. Maybe Coco M. Edt
    Last edited by kalli; 18th October 2012 at 11:20 PM.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Sound Scents

Default Re: A bit early but what's on your Christmas wish list?:D

Linfedele Haiku by O'driu
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

We stopped giving each other Christmas/birthday/Valentines's Day etc. gifts and instead allot ourselves the money that we have budgeted for the occasion.

That, together with $1/day personal cash we allot ourselves, plus any money made from selling off my unwanted perfumes, eventually gives me enough to buy some new perfume (or supplies for my other hobby.)

If it were not for this, I wouldn't be buying any perfume at all.

Side benefits are that we don't have an accumulation of unwanted gifts that end up being donated to Goodwill, and we don't go crazy trying to figure out what the other wants and spending December running around the shops.

It may sound unromantic, but we find other ways to be romantic.

Over the years my parents and my husband's parents realized we preferred cash gifts and they were all too relieved to stop running around the shops as well.

Hmmm...editing because I realize I didn't really answer the question.

I have nothing on my wish list. I am happy with what I currently have.
    This could change, of course.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 5th October 2012 at 12:34 PM.

Know some people that think giving cash is tacky..but gift cards, somehow aren't. Oh brother. Cash, gift cards, socks, don't care..gimmie gimmie. lol. Ain't nothin wrong with cash, change, checks,. Plus, sometimes people get gift cards to places they don't even want to shop at. Good to go with good ol' cash.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

That's certainly how I feel about it!

And I give cash for weddings, too. My mother's caregiver (the one she had for 4 months after her hip fracture) was thrilled to get some cash for her wedding last month. No complaints from her, LOL!

I say cash is the gift of choice-- the gift that gives the recipient a choice. And when money is tight (our health insurance premiums jumped by $40 per week as of Oct. 1) choice is hard to come by, so it is a true gift.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 5th October 2012 at 01:35 PM.

More from the Jovoy Paris line.

Well, I'm travelling in the first two weeks of December: Berlin>>Zurich>>Paris>>Rome
    I have LOTS on my wish list:
    La Myrrhe
    Iris Silver Mist
    Rubj EDP
    Mito/Onda, not sure yet
    Petroleum? Maybe
    Tempted by Leva also... I may get Leva if I don't pick up Mito
    Too many too many

I'd love to give myself Poivre 23...maybe Oud Ispahan if I'm good, or Cuir de Russie.

Any of these 4 would be really nice!!

Creed Original Santal
    Andy Tauer L'Air du Desert Marocain
    Serge Lutens Fille en Aiguilles
    Serge Lutens Fumerie Turque
    CURRENT TOP 5

1. Dior Homme Intense
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Tom Ford Extreme
    4. Gucci Pour Homme II
    5. Terre d'Hermes

We stopped giving Christmas gifts to one another after 5 years being married (will be 14 next year). Nobody else gives us gifts except for a former neighbor, and we do not celebrate Christmas (or anything else).

That said, I wrote a letter to Santa wishing for Guerlain Cuir Beluga back in August. Now it is October and I am about to write Santa another letter wishing for Amouage Interlude in addition to my first wish. But, since we do not celebrate Santa, he might not bring what I wish for.

Basenotes Junkie

Frederic Malle Bigarade Concentree
    Byredo Pulp
    SDV
    to name a few

Patchouli 24
    Red aoud
    Borneo 1824

- - - Updated - - -

I was also thinking about buying a couple frags for the family and borrow some mls at a later date. In that case it's "What we do in Paris" for mom and "midnight in Paris" for dad. That's the cool thing about buying someone close to you perfume.....they smell good and you can borrow some.

Dependent

everything Frédéric Malle!!!!
    1. Dior Homme Original
    2. Musc Ravaguer
    3. Portrait of a Lady
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. L Instant Guerlain pour Homme Extreme
    6. New Haarlem
    7. Pure Coffee
    8. Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond
    9. Rose 31
    10. Spiritueuse Double Vanille

Blog Entries

l don't expect anyone else to buy my fragrances for me, especially as l seem to have rather expensive tastes lately!
    But l've already ordered a bottle of Stoned by Solange Azagury-Partridge as a present to myself. l don't think l'll be waiting until Christmas to open it, though.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

I think I'll be buying my own perfume gift, I'll probably give myself a larger decant of Djedi. I absolutely know that no one else will! I have put the word out that I would certainly be happy with more Cuir de Russie. At least that can be found somewhere, even the vintage. ( but I doubt if I'll get it!)

Shalimar Ode a la Vanille - Sur le Route de Madagascar (Guerlain)

Basenotes Junkie anomie et ivoire's Avatar
    Blog Entries

An Andy Tauer, either one of his Tableau series or Rose Chypre
    A rare full bottle of my favorite ever: Le Feu D'Issey

And I'll be buying perfume for everyone I know who even remotely likes fragrance.

None of my potential Santas is very well off, so it's a good time to ask for the cheap and cheerful perfumes that I've been thinking about, like Elizabeth Taylor's Gardenia, Tocade, or even a 35ml Nicolai.

The problem is that when people give me cash, I tend to squirrel it away or use it for something practical.

Both something contemporary like CK Shock and something classic, like Jaguar for Men or Guerlain Heritage, even considering to blind buy Ted Lapidus.

We're going to New Orleans this Christmas, and I truly don't want a thing except a great time. Like Inga, I usually buy my own fragrance gifts anyway (my husband thinks I already have too much perfume). I wouldn't mind some vintage intact sealed Miss Dior, a vintage Calèche parfum, and any vintage Chantilly that says "made in France" on the label. Is that too greedy?

edting to add...

Apparently not because now that I think of it...I'd like a fragrance from the Boadecea the Victorious line - the bottles are sooo beautiful! And I think I might enjoy VC&A Lys Carmine. I was quite taken with that one when Twolf did the VC&A Extraordinaire sample pass. I so rarely meet one I covet (gimme gimme, as kalli says) when I sample. I enjoy trying them, but I rarely want more than a sample.

So here is my new list...

Vintage Miss Dior
    Vinatage Calèche parfum
    Vintage Chantilly, "made in France"
    Something by Boadecea the Victorious
    VC&A Lys Carmine
    and...???

All of the above would suit me in 2013, maybe throw in some By Killian Love.

I talk to myself. ^^^
    Last edited by lilybelle; 9th October 2012 at 03:45 PM.

Hmmm...

I've just fallen head over heels for vintage Après L'Ondée, Diorama and Diorissimo. Those please? Some vintage Cuir de Russie while we're on a roll, and seeing as I'm in fantasy land already, why not a handsome prince and gold carriage to go with.

That said, I think I miiiight just find it in me to finally splurge on some L'Heure Bleue...
    I'll always make time for cats and roses

My great loves:
    Mitsouko, L'Heure Bleue, Caron Pour un Homme, Dune, Fat Electrician, Oxford and Cambridge, Eau de Campagne, Elixir des Merveilles, Sarrasins, MKK, Ambre Sultan, Tocade, Dzing!

Current obsessions:
    Le Temps d'Une Fête, Tom of Finland, Jasmin et Cigarette, Dirty (not dirty at all )

"Perfume is an invisible art form, and yet one of the most evocative and personal."

I need to do some serious sampling/research before Christmas to make up my mind. TBH, blasphemous though it may be to admit as much on Basenotes, nothing I've tried recently has moved me to think 'I must have this!'. I have enjoyed sampling Tilda Swinton Like This by ELDO, TF Black Violet, and Zeta by Andy Tauer, so perhaps one of these, but will have to re-test first.

I would love

Parfum d'Empire Cuir Ottoman
    L'Artisan Iris Pallida
    L'Artisan Safran Troublant

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by starshipvelcro View Post
    I'd love to give myself Poivre 23...maybe Oud Ispahan if I'm good, or Cuir de Russie.
    Me too on the Oud Ispahan. I have tested it, gonna test some other rose ouds, but i want this cos it lasts for ever, overnight even. I love it. But i want it before Christmas.
    Am thinking An Amouage for Christmas, but i just need to test my samples a little further before i commit to which particular one.

I had to add Jo Malone's Vanilla & Anise. Totally forgot I've been wanting a fb forever! I had a few samples but went through them like cherry Pez. I need to sample Oud Isaphan, sounds really good!

Wonder if places like Luckyscent, STC, TPC..etc, lol...have gift certificates. Ya, know, something for my stocking! Lol. Shouldn't I be thinking of giving? Naaaa...not yet, hehe.

My preference would be for decants:

Vintage Cartier Santos
    Tiffany Sport for Men
    Amouage Memoir Man
    Heeley Cuir Pleine Fleur
    Something from Histoire De Parfum..not sure which one yet
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

"I've been everywhere but the electric chair seen everything but the wind."..

We usually spend Christmas money on something relatively small, then spend on holidays. Holidays, holidays, holidays. Always somewhere warm

I'd be delighted to get any of these:

Puredistance M
    Tauer LADDM
    Profumum Arso
    MDCI Invasion Barbare
    Creed Jardins D'Amalfi

LOL...as I type this post, I hear Eartha Kitt singing "Santa Baby"

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    Wonder if places like Luckyscent, STC, TPC..etc, lol...have gift certificates. Ya, know, something for my stocking! Lol. Shouldn't I be thinking of giving? Naaaa...not yet, hehe.
    Luckyscent does, not sure about the others:
    http://www.luckyscent.com/search.asp?showNotes=Y

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    Luckyscent does, not sure about the others:
    http://www.luckyscent.com/search.asp?showNotes=Y
    Aus Liebe Zum Duft also does gift certificates http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/geschenk-gutschein/

Burberry London ! good time to grab the bottle would be in the holidays.
    The sense of smell, like a faithful counsellor, foretells its character.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by forfreddie View Post
    Aus Liebe Zum Duft also does gift certificates http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/geschenk-gutschein/
    Or in English....
    http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/gesche...m_store=german

Blog Entries

A big bottle of Amouage Tribute Attar...Santa told me already he can't afford it!

Well, to heck with Santa..I sold some items and got a 1.7 ounce of Drole De Rose.. I edited.
    Last edited by kalli; 18th October 2012 at 11:41 PM.

A bottle of Le Feu D'Issey would be wonderful.

However, I think I'll have to source and buy it for myself as well as hide how much it cost!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Well, to heck with Santa..I sold some items and got a 1.7 ounce of Drole De Rose.. I edited.
    Good for you! I've done that myself often enough. Out with the old, in with the new!

Yep! Indeed! Thanks, I can't get full bottles very often just cause I can't afford it. So, it was time to sell some items.

Quote Originally Posted by dollyrocket View Post
    A bottle of Le Feu D'Issey would be wonderful.

However, I think I'll have to source and buy it for myself as well as hide how much it cost!
    Now, now, don't be too nervous. One of my friends worked for BPI USA for ten years (from startup in 2000 until 2010) selling Issey, Gaultier and John Varvatos... she left for another company shortly after Arden (ironically, her previous employer) got the Varvatos license. She got requests from customers for Le Feu d'Issey from customers long after it was discontinued, right until the day she left BPI. I could ask if she still owns a tester somewhere... but she loved it, too, and I think she would be very hesitant to part with it, even if she could make a huge profit.

That said, I'll probably be asking for a bottle of either Back to Black or Aventus for my stink-water needs... if I even ask for any frags, which is a big if. A new, much-needed winter coat and a Herman Miller Eames side chair for my bedroom are much higher up on my list, along with an also much-needed new computer as a gift to myself. And maybe, if the price is right, I'll ask for another roller coaster and thrill ride trip to Universal Orlando (gotta love The Mummy and The Incredible Hulk) in January to compensate for the missing second visit to Cedar Point this year.
    Top 5 for Late Summer:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Aventus - Creed
    3) Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    4) L'Humaniste - Frapin
    5) Millesime Imperial - Creed

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Let's see...

Huitième Art Myrrhiad

Etro Gomma

the Malle coffret

Diptyque candle Feu de bois

L'Artisan candles L'Automne and L'Hiver (though I've not smelled them, yet!)
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by inc0gnito View Post
    Burberry London ! good time to grab the bottle would be in the holidays.
    +1...I might still have enough left to get through the winter, but I'd hate to run out...& I'll definitely need more for next winter anyway. (side note: my scent of the afternoon/evening today & damn this stuff is great...so well blended, perfect in cold weather & never gets old...just wish it projected better & for longer...).

Tops on my list, however, is a 100ml bottle of Gucci Pour Homme II. Also starting to run low & really want a nice full bottle before it gets scarce. I'd also love another decant of Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille, but I'm afraid I'll be out of "gift" power with the first 2....

So guys..what's on the list so far, if anything? What item would you like under the tree the most?

Edited..probably an Ineke scent or a Jo Malone for me. Maybe Coco M. Edt
    Well, I'm not a Guerlain junkie, but I'd love one or more of their limited edition bottles. Especially the one shaped like a bee.

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    We're going to New Orleans this Christmas, and I truly don't want a thing except a great time.
    I'm so jealous! I've been to New Orleans 3 times and look forward to going again. Have you been there before? If not, you must visit Hove perfumers. They used to be in the French Quarter, but I think they have moved to Chartres street somewhere. I hope you have a great time! Have some beignettes & cafe au lait Cafe du Monde for me, please!

On my Christmas list? The full bottle of Eternity Aqua for Women that my husband is buying for me. He's a good husband and indulges my perfume obsession even though he sometimes asks if I don't have enough already.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenscent1 View Post
    I'm so jealous! I've been to New Orleans 3 times and look forward to going again. Have you been there before? If not, you must visit Hove perfumers. They used to be in the French Quarter, but I think they have moved to Chartres street somewhere. I hope you have a great time! Have some beignettes & cafe au lait Cafe du Monde for me, please!
    Yes, I've been there quite a few times, most recently last November at the Basenotes meetup. We visited Hové, Bourbon French, Avery, and Saks - had a great time sniffing and meeting each other. I have never visited during Christmas, though, and I'm really looking forward to that. I will say hello to New Orleans for you (unless you decide to come, too, and say hello yourself!).

Blog Entries

LP No. 9 for Men by Penhaligon's. I only need 50ml, but it is so hard to find it online (only the big bottle is available).

Eau Duelle in solid compact form -- it would be so nice to carry it with me
    The Perfumed Court's Classic and Discontinued Vintage Perfume Sampler (in a larger size than 1 ml each )
    One of each of Paintbox Soapworks' (Etsy) soaps in full size
    DSH Blue-Green: Arnica

Changed my Christmas list a few days ago.

Now I want to be reunited with either M7 or Terre d'Hermés (both scents that I once owned, drained, and miss immensely). To go along with it, some gift cards, either a reproduction Herman Miller Eames side chair or a Sodastream... and a poster from one of my favorite bands (to guess, look at my signature and avatar).
    Top 5 for Late Summer:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Aventus - Creed
    3) Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    4) L'Humaniste - Frapin
    5) Millesime Imperial - Creed

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."