Code of Conduct

Default Bell'Antonio - what is it like?

I'm a bit obsessed with tobacco fragrances right now. I ordered some tobacco themed samples from LS, the one I liked best was Bell'Antonio by Hilde Soliani. First I thought it smelled like a combination of raw tobacco and harsh tea, and a little like a barn. I didn't care for it, but after a while the tea and barn note disappeared leaving a really nice smooth pipe tobacco note. As I only have a small sample and only used very little I really don't know what to expect from a full wearing. Will it be that lovely smooth pipe tobacco, or will it smell tea and barn?

Default Re: Bell'Antonio - what is it like?

I've found it to be one of the best pipe tobacco scents out there, though I wish it were a little longer lasting.
    The Bark Bites Back here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com

For the first two hours I get only Tobacco and Coffee which are oscillating back and forth in their strength and then the evolution begins. For me the tobacco gets a little less sweet and more spicy, maybe cardamom, but just a faint hint. Projection and longevity are way above average. I think its an amazing, unheard of Tobacco masterpiece that deserves much more attention. That price tag isnt helping things though.

I too got back and forth with coffee and tobacco. A bit too amateurish for me, even if the price wasn't high.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    I too got back and forth with coffee and tobacco. A bit too amateurish for me, even if the price wasn't high.
    I agree, the two note opening did seem a bit amateur, but the dry down is amazing to me. If it were half the price, I would own a bottle but for $200+ its just not going to happen.

My favorite from this house is titled: 24-09-11 Its resinous, and balmy and adds an interesting note of calamus. A great incense frag.

It' very,very dry tobacco on me, too dry and dusty, didn't enjoy it much.

I'm currently musing over this house and found Bell'Antonio to be very evocative of my childhood. Lasting power is average at best but it's definitely a nice creation. Personally, I wouldn't wear it and, even if that wasn't the case, the price tag is too high for what it is.

I would try to create this effect myself rather than spending that kind of money.

Very dry tobacco that breaks down quickly. Smells good the first few hours but disappears and becomes dry and crunchy after that.

Some of the best tobacco scents I've tried come from:

Liz Zorn - Meerchaum
    Slumberhouse - Baque
    AbdesSalaam Attar - Tabac and Chillum and also Don Corleone.