Code of Conduct

Default Bond no. 9 advice needed!

Hi everyone! I know that people have been asking your opinions of the Bond no. 9 line all over the place, but was hoping for some more personalized advice.

I am a 23 year old male (albeit with mature tastes) and am looking for a new scent, one that will work well preferably all year long to be my new signature scent (or to share it / be 2nd to Aventus in the warmer months). I am also looking for something that has good sillage and projection as I find that colognes fade on me fairly easily . For that reason, while I think that Creed GIT & Himalaya smell great, I'm cautious to buy them because I feel that I'll constantly need to reapply them. However, I will use the scent at work as well and don't want to overwhelm the office either.

I am looking for a scent that is not too feminine (it CAN be unisex, but I'm looking for something on the masculine side). My current rotation is: Creed Aventus & Alford & Hoff, with Paco Rabanne 1 million (for when I go out at night) and Polo Modern Reserve as occasional wears. I've also enjoyed Allure Pour Homme Blanche, Platinum Egoiste, Terre de Hermes, YSL (pour homme & nuit homme), and D&G pour homme.

What I like about the Bonds is that the sillage & projection seems to be better than the offerings of Creed. That being said, I smelled a few of the Bonds, and found that I really liked Riverside Drive. However, I didn't get the chance to smell quite a few (New Haarlem, Chez Bond, Silver Factory, Brooklyn, or Saks for Him).

Are there any that you would specifically suggest, or maybe just your favorite(s)? Also, what do you think about Riverside Drive overall. The issue is that for the price, I am only planning on getting one and don't want to overpay for something that is mediocre if I can help it.

Thanks for your help! It's very much appreciated!

Best,
    Jon

P.S.: I'd rather not go back to the Saks in my area until I have the final scents that I want to look at (or not at all). While it wasn't awful, I had a pretty mediocre experience and would prefer to purchase online than patron the store near me.

Dependent

Default Re: Bond no. 9 advice needed!

most of bond is for specific time example i could never wear new haarlem at any time of year unless its a cold winter night. for the things you want out of a fragrance riverside drive is probably the one to go for. i love it. such a good scent go with that
    1. Dior Homme Original
    2. Musc Ravaguer
    3. Portrait of a Lady
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. L Instant Guerlain pour Homme Extreme
    6. New Haarlem
    7. Pure Coffee
    8. Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond
    9. Rose 31
    10. Spiritueuse Double Vanille

Basenotes Plus

I am surprised you had a bad experience at Saks. Generally, the ones I have visited have been better than most, including Neiman's.

In regards to Bond which I have a few, my favorite from the line is Chez Bond. Most of the Bond fragrances hold up pretty well. You may want to try the new one Manhattan.

I think Bleecker Street would be a good all year round scent. I did own Chez Bond and got about 2 hrs of longevity.

Nonthaburi (a suburban province located immediately to the north of Bangkok)
    Blog Entries

I wear Bleecker St. & Riverside Drive all year round.

But like someone mention above, most bond's are not quit versatile.
    ***My favourite from my collection***

-------- Amouage Tribute Attar
    ------ Serge Lutens: Ambre Sultan
    -------- Les Exclusifs de Chanel: Sycamore
    ------ Amouage: Fate Man
    -------- Amouage: Epic Man
    ------ Tom Ford Private Blend: Noir de Noir
    -------- Terre D'Hermès Pure Parfum
    ------ EDP FM: Carnal Flower
    -------- Neela Vermire Creations: Trayee
    ------ Dior: Leather Oud
    ------- Hermèssence: Ambre Narguilé

Riverside Drive is very versatile and could be used all year round as a signature scent. Central Park is one that doesn't get mentioned a lot but smells really green and fresh. Of course New Harlem should be a part of any collection. If you're only going with one for now you can't go wrong with Riverside Drive though. For $15 shipped call the Bond no 9 in Manhattan and they'll send you six sample bon-bons, can't beat that deal!

IMHO, New Haarlem is the best Bond has to offer.

I own many Bond No. 9 bottles, and samples of all the others. Riverside Drive is nice. Not my favorite, but not bad.

Probably my favorite year round ones are Chez Bond and Bleecker Street. Bleecker Street is my second most complimented fragrance (Aventus being tops).

if you want the ultimate in sillage and longevity, you should give NY Amber and NY Oud a try. I personally love both.

If you want a sweet gourmand, you should try New Haarlem. It smells like pancakes and syrup. My wife loves it. Another gourmand you might really like is I Love New York for All. I find this one very interesting.

A nice but strange summer one that is worth a try is Coney Island.

I also like Harrods for Him, I Love New York for Marriage Equality, Harrods Oud Patchouli, Manhattan, Eau de New York, Brooklyn, and Montauk.

I suggest going to Bond No. 9's website and ordering some samples, and go from there. It is a great house with a great selection - and yes, they are good on longevity.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Pure White Cologne
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. Clive Christian - 1872
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio
    8. Neela Vermeire - Bombay Bling
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Chanel - Allure Homme Edition Blanche

Quote Originally Posted by deadphish18 View Post
    Riverside Drive is very versatile and could be used all year round as a signature scent. Central Park is one that doesn't get mentioned a lot but smells really green and fresh. Of course New Harlem should be a part of any collection. If you're only going with one for now you can't go wrong with Riverside Drive though. For $15 shipped call the Bond no 9 in Manhattan and they'll send you six sample bon-bons, can't beat that deal!
    This. My 2 favorite Bonds are RD & NH. RD is much more versatile as stated. I have no problem wearing it year round. NH is more of a winter wear for me.

I agree that Bond, though not my favorite niche overall, is vastly better than Creed. As others have said, I find Riverside more versatile than NH. NH is a great gourmand, though, if you like the genre. My favorite is Great Jones, more classical, slightly citrusy-herbal, very intense and long lasting.

cacio

Basenotes Junkie

New Haarlem is one of my all time favorite frags-every frag is versatile if it is something that you feel is versatile, so New Haarlem is plenty versatile to me.
    Bleeker Street lasts and lasts and lasts and is very different in my opinion. It's a great one.
    Coney Island is awesome! It's in a league of it's own. Great gourmand that lasts and lasts and lasts.
    Riverside Drive is great...it's just not for me...it gets a little cloying.
    Little Italy doesn't get mentioned all that much but its a great citrus that lasts longer than most.
    I love New York For All is also in a league of it's own. Super warm and comforting scent.
    Chez Bond If you're into GIT than Chez Bond is for you...It's better in my opinion, and it lasts forever.

There are many more that I really enjoy. I'm a big Bond fan. Bond is known for it's longevity so you really can't go wrong. Good Luck.

New Haarlem b/c it's the only Bond I've found worthy of purchasing.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

I think Riverside Drive is solid, and as others have mentioned, it is very versatile.

I've tried 40 from Bond No.9's extensive line-up. The ones I liked most were Silver Factory, West Side, Chez Bond & Great Jones. I also enjoyed Hamptons, Central Park, West Broadway, Bleeker Street, Saks New Orleans, Riverside Drive, China Town, Nouveau Bowery, Coney Island, I Love NY for All and Washington Square.

I would definitely look into obtaining some samples before splurging on a full bottle though.

Taking into consideration the fragrances you like, I would consider starting with: Chez Bond, Great Jones, I Love NY for All, Riverside Drive, New Haarlem and Manhattan.

Good luck.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Thank you to everyone who responded! It was very helpful (and appreciated). I will make my purchase in a few days and let you know what I decided to go with.

Jon