Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs up "Hi Haters" - Your guilty pleasure scent that you have no shame in sharing!!

okay here i go, i need to confess

I LOVE "Diesel - Only The Brave"

there. i said it.

i love the cinnamon sweetness vibe and the simplisity and maybe even genericness i find sort of appealing once in a while! and i do not care what anybody thinks, I LIKE IT! i of course love my more interesting complex and niche scent buy my guilty pleasure would have to be diesel on the brave.

so time to confess your sins friends!!

What is that guilty pleasure generic fragrance that is hated by the community but you simply can't get enough??
    Current Signature scent: Chanel Allure Home Sport

Default Re: "Hi Haters" - Your guilty pleasure scent that you have no shame in sharing!!

Python by Trussardi (the women's version). LT hated it but it comes together better than any frag I've tried (meaning it's a bit of a mess at first), and then smells great for hours, with one of if not the best use of a chocolate note I've encountered.

Default Re: "Hi Haters" - Your guilty pleasure scent that you have no shame in sharing!!

Versace Pour Homme !.;-)
    Last edited by EarNoseThroat; 10th August 2012 at 01:00 PM.

- Versace pour homme
    - Cacharel pour l'homme
    - Baldessarini Ambre

To name a few Luca Turin also bashed with 1 star which is beyond my understanding.

Besides those I like the cheap Axe Dark Temptation (only aftershave/deo-spray) of which I am not ashamed.
    My Top '10' : (In no particular order)

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Loewe: Esencia/Pour Homme/Solo/7
    - Davidoff: Leather Blend Edp
    - Dior: Eau Sauvage Parfum
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Guerlain: Vetiver
    - Van Cleef & Arpels: Pour Homme
    - Hermes: Terre d'Hermes
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraicheur)

I have always loved Colors by Benetton for nostalgic reasons as I used to use it in college. But I'm not ashamed of it!

MDCI- Peche Cardinal

Le male, AdG, Fierce

Not my all time favorites but I most definitely appreciate them and own a bottle

Suck it

Bleu de Chanel. It smells great to me and on me.

Hugo by Hugo Boss - pure 90's nostalgia.
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No shame either way. Bleu de Chanel, knock it for being a marketing joke but it's a great fragrance. I hope it sells millions so it'll be in their lineup for years to come. IMO much more refined than ADG.

Le Male, Bleu De Chanel!
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Armani Mania--Been a favorite for years. I get a basic/linear cedar with cashmere like musk that makes it perfect for work and button downs or t-shirts. Honestly for its linear basic qualities I haven't found anyone else that does it the same.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Kenneth Cole Black
    Kenneth Cole Reaction

Two of the least expensive in my collection - but among my very favorites...
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    4. by Kilian - Incense Oud
    5. Puredistance - Black
    6. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    7. Armani Privé - Oud Royal
    8. Brückner - Aoud 1
    9. Creed - Royal English Leather
    10. House of Matriarch - Blackbird

Cotton Club by J.A.

I don't know how much of a guilty pleasure it is, but Encens et Bubblegum is just fun.

I kind of feel like Tabu should be a guilty pleasure but I don't feel the slightest bit guilty about it!

212 by Carolina Herrera.

Pleasures
    A couple of boss scents
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

DKNY - Be Delicious Men, love the notes on it. But PE Red aka AdGs close much cheaper brother is my daily wearer. Plus most people cannot tell the difference between the two anyway.
    Gucci PH, DKNY Men, DKNY Be Delicious, Perry Ellis 360 Red, Burberry London, Burberry Brit, Nautica Voyage, Nautica Classic, Nautica Blue, Adidas Victory League

I used to wear a lot and probably will again this fall and winter - Elle edt by YSL. Not rated high by Luca Turin. But I really like it on me.

For me, this used to be Pleasures. I haven't smelled it in years so I can't say if I'd still enjoy it

Currently: Curve. I feel no shame, especially since I've received so many compliments... but I always dread when a woman asks what I'm wearing. I usually say something like "Jeans, shirt, belt, socks, shoes" in hopes of dodging the question

It's a Diesel for me too: Fuel For Life. No matter how many high-end niche frags and classical giants of scent I sample, I regularly get a bone-deep craving for FFL that isn't satisfied until I can give it a full wearing. I don't even particularly like it in the strictest sense - it's one-dimensional, linear and can be downright cloying under some circumstances. I have no idea where the craving comes from, or why it hits with such regularity.

Several gourmands, but even if it may not be the most generic scent, I do confess to have a strong liking for Rochas Man.

Also, I do enjoy several dirt cheap powerhouses like Marbert Homme, Tabac Original EDT, Caracter by Daniel Hechter, Halston Z14 and Francesco Smalto pour Homme, rendered indirectly "generic" not so much because their notes are commonplace, but far more due to the extremely low cost and/or uncomplicated, ready, almost immediate availability.

Quote Originally Posted by Postumo View Post
    this

Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Shot, yup I said it. I like Pure Shot. Not sure it's really a guilty pleasure. However, based on the hate for Pure Shot maybe it is.

I find most of the summer / fresh / aquatic colognes are thin alcohol burning harshness. Pure Shot for a summer fragrance is clean and smooth.

Sound Scents

Desire Blue
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driů) - tie

6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I have no problem at all wearing Grey Flannel.

I'm going so low that I might need a shovel:

Axe Tsunami

It was my first "fragrance" and I remember walking to 3 different stores trying to find it. Might be a little shameful, but I found Basenotes because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post
    MDCI- Peche Cardinal
    lol

- - - Updated - - -

Mambo
    Want to trade - Tom Ford Extreme for Windsor, Amber Absolute, Aventus x02....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

CHEAP CREED SPLITS
    Millesime Imperial, Original Santal, Green Irish Tweed
    Himalaya, Aventus, Tabarome
    plus Amouage Honour & Fate Man

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/393...92#post3296892

Angel + Le Male

Blue Sugar-I dont know what to say except I feel dirty.
    What do you call people that are afraid of Santa Claus?

Claustrophobic

None I guess. Everything I enjoy is generally accepted , but if it weren't I wouldn't care.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post
    MDCI- Peche Cardinal
    I had no clue this was hate-list material. I really enjoy it!

Quote Originally Posted by Sugandaraja View Post
    I had no clue this was hate-list material. I really enjoy it!
    I don't think it is in the slightest. I put it down because it's an overtly feminine fragrance and as a manly man I'm not ashamed admitting that I wear it

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by trex57 View Post
    Blue Sugar-I dont know what to say except I feel dirty.
    this one was not nearly as bad as i thought it would be, and normally i don't like sweet frags. similar to bond no 9 ILNYFA but without the interesting coffee note.

DavidoffChampion
    Paco's XS
    Hugo Boss XY

Quote Originally Posted by A.N. View Post
    I used to wear a lot and probably will again this fall and winter - Elle edt by YSL. Not rated high by Luca Turin. But I really like it on me.

I think it is a good scent, no need to be ashamed.

- - - Updated - - -

Mine would be Jil Sander Sport Woman.

a milli
    a milli
    a milli
    a milli

1 million

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBars View Post
    this one was not nearly as bad as i thought it would be, and normally i don't like sweet frags. similar to bond no 9 ILNYFA but without the interesting coffee note.
    Thank you for chiming in. So, Im not completely bonkers then. Yet.
    What do you call people that are afraid of Santa Claus?

Claustrophobic

Ok.... I will admit it, I really love my 10$ bottle of Tattoo . Man I feel so good admitting this, I feel like a huge cloud has been lifted from me. I can now sleep better at night now that I no longer have to carry this cheap fragrance guilt upon my shoulders anymore .
    Living each day one spray at a time

Quote Originally Posted by Kagey View Post
    I kind of feel like Tabu should be a guilty pleasure but I don't feel the slightest bit guilty about it!
    Me, too! Timeless by Avon a close second.

Always & Forever by Jessica McClintock
    Skin So Soft by Avon
    Womanity by Thierry Mugler

Feel. Much. Better. Now.

Quote Originally Posted by Postumo View Post
    +2 & +1 for Diesel Fuel for Life. I also enjoy Aspen occasionally as well as Ralph Lauren Big Pony #1 (I don't care that it's overpriced & basically has no sillage or longevity. The linear lime & oak just smells damn refreshing and good).

Bulgari Blu currently has a whopping 29 negative reviews against only 41 positive reviews on BN, but I love its gingery, powdery, cleanliness. I'll always have a bottle.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

Vintage Obsession. Not sure about the reformulation quite yet. Have a new bottle but haven't tested it.
    Tom Ford Private Blend Splits Costa Azzurra / Mandarino Di Amalfi / Oud Wood / Tobacco Vanille / Tobacco Oud / Neroli Portofino / Noir de Noir / Tuscan Leather / Plum Japonais/ Oud Fleur / Italian Cypress HERE

VPH & BdC...the ladies definitely don't hate on them!

I'm surprised no one said "Exceptional". Mine is Bod Man blue musk. If fine with it as long as no one asks what i'm wearing lol

LOVE this stuff...perfect for 80-85 degree day with a slight breeze...

I must confess; Creed Erolfa.
    A little bit ashamed, but i must be honest

ADG
    Curve
    Allure Homme Sport
    1 Million
    Fierce

Hater's gonna hate.

AF Fierce- reminds me of when I worked there
    CKone Summer 08
    Clinique Happy- my dad wore it!

Instinct by Beckham.
    The best Wal-Mart frag!

Power by 50 Cent. Love it.

Dependent

curve lol its what i started with
    1. Dior Homme Original
    2. Musc Ravaguer
    3. Portrait of a Lady
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. L Instant Guerlain pour Homme Extreme
    6. New Haarlem
    7. Pure Coffee
    8. Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond
    9. Rose 31
    10. Spiritueuse Double Vanille

I'm a sucker for L'homme and One Million

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    Python by Trussardi (the women's version). LT hated it but it comes together better than any frag I've tried (meaning it's a bit of a mess at first), and then smells great for hours, with one of if not the best use of a chocolate note I've encountered.
    I'll have to try this one, Bigsly. You have me intrigued!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EarNoseThroat View Post
    Versace Pour Homme !.;-)
    Good frag! Underrated for sure. I am so tempted to get the gift set.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Bleu de Chanel. It smells great to me and on me.
    My man! I love this stuff - always will.

Quote Originally Posted by lasta View Post
    I'm going so low that I might need a shovel:

Axe Tsunami

It was my first "fragrance" and I remember walking to 3 different stores trying to find it. Might be a little shameful, but I found Basenotes because of it.
    That's it! Any scent that brings you here is a good scent, period!

Quote Originally Posted by fit&frag'd View Post
    +2 & +1 for Diesel Fuel for Life. I also enjoy Aspen occasionally as well as Ralph Lauren Big Pony #1 (I don't care that it's overpriced & basically has no sillage or longevity. The linear lime & oak just smells damn refreshing and good).
    Big Pony #1 almost made me buy it. My first wear was a pretty good one. Simple but very nice. If there was an EDP of it, I would buy for sure. The women's EDPs of the Big Ponys are actually pretty interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by benzganesh View Post
    I must confess; Creed Erolfa.
    A little bit ashamed, but i must be honest
    Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha! Good job - that is the MAX confession so far!

Quote Originally Posted by anewtypedude View Post
    ADG
    Curve
    Allure Homme Sport
    1 Million
    Fierce

Hater's gonna hate.
    All good frags - with the money to prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by 201motels View Post
    Power by 50 Cent. Love it.
    Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by psychoskip View Post
    I'm a sucker for L'homme and One Million
    Yup! Good scents that did well.

My new guilty pleasure is Chanel's new Coco Noir. Very unisex. Kinda like the DHI version of Bleu, with an exquisite grapefruit top. But behind all that, it's got a really neat "dark" streak that I love.
    Last edited by Redneck Perfumisto; 17th September 2012 at 06:58 AM.

Guilty pleasure scent - Hugo Boss Dark Blue. Many regard it as a synthetic mess, but I just love the stuff.

Benetton Colors - my first fragrance from high school - still wear it and love it
    Check out my new blog http://www.NotableScents.net

Banned

Love & Tears, Surrender by By Kilian

Royal Ceylan by Creed and Le Male Terriblé - both wear way quiet and refined on me. And the woman likes. Always a plus.

Edit: Oh, I have to add Power by 50 Cent to the mix. I received a bottle as a joke because I dislike the rapper.

Actually love the scent.
    Last edited by gerbick; 17th September 2012 at 09:05 AM.