Code of Conduct

Default Égoïste Vintage vs Reformulated, how to recognize and what the differences in the smell?

Hi,

I want a vintage Égoïste.
    How to recognize by the bottle or the box?
    Also, the splash bottle is always vintage?

And what are the differences in the smells?

Thanks
    Last edited by d4N13L; 14th February 2011 at 03:34 PM.

Default Re: Égoïste Vintage vs Reformulated, how to recognize and what the differences in the smell?

Attachment 8988

Vintage, with the "concentration lettering" above CHANEL.
    The vintage Égoiste is deeper, more opulent and much longer lasting.
    Good luck, fast birthday boy!
    Last edited by easyfish; 14th February 2011 at 05:31 PM.

Default Re: Égoïste Vintage vs Reformulated, how to recognize and what the differences in the smell?

I'm planning on buying a bottle of this, so I could wear it at my friend's wedding this coming June. I would like to know if I should seek for a vintage bottle, or is the new reformulated version good enough and I should just buy directly from Chanel's website or at Macy's.

Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries

I think the new stuff is great. The old stuff may be better to some people, but the moment I smelled new, versus my memory of a vintage sample I have, I complimented the perfumer for the quality of the reformulation. I like modern frags in general, and the reformulation (in my opinion) makes the scent more current, while keeping a very classy and classic feel. I think it's like Yatagan - a good reformulation.

I have the old but have also smelled the new and and they seem pretty much the same to my nose.

^Thanks for the info, guys!

Just a small update for this, I saw bottles of Égoïste at the airports in Paris and Rome and I noticed that the 4-digit batch numbers started with 3xxx, 4xxx and 5xxx. For the most current batches (5xxx) they have moved the barcode from the back to the bottom side of the box. The batch number is also engraved on the bottle itself.
    3xxx is not the earliest formulation available out there. Does anyone have 2xxx or 1xxx?
    Last edited by Balthazar; 2nd December 2012 at 02:27 AM.