Code of Conduct

Default Creed Neroli Savage is it real or fake?

I bought Creed Neroli Savage and definitely have some eyebrows raised here about whether or not I have a fake or just the way they made it back then? I'm leaning towards authentic than fake but want assurance it is real. The box right away had me questioning the authenticity of this cologne. On the front of the box the crown looks poorly embossed. There are also punctuation errors and abandonned has 2 n's and the lettering is larger and coma's are not separated properly on the included pamphlet. The gold lettering on the box/pamplets is lack luster; not crisp like the phamplets I got with Aventus, Imperial, and Himalaya. The cap's logo is off centered however, the logo is crisp and defined (and matches my other Creeds) but slightly a poor press job because if you look on the top right and left corners the logo is not stamped all the way.

The cologne came with usual phamplet plus another phamplet (which I found unusual), business card inside the box. The lettering on the push pump is crisp and defined. There is a lot number laser etched into the glass at the bottom Lot: AE1Y05. Perhaps I was excepting much more given I found Imperial, Aventus, Himalaya to be quite literally the greatest colognes ever and bursting with freshness and Neroli Savage was a let down for me? Thanks for reading and please comment.

Last edited by Aventus01; 7th October 2012 at 01:15 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Creed Neroli Savage is it real or fake?

lol that you proof read the entire pamphlet.
    Are you really worried that its fake? It real. I dont even care where you bought it from. It is real.

Actually, pull off the sprayer and see if it is white plastic under.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Tom Ford Oud Fleur, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-

*CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Tom Ford Plum Japonais, Oud Fleur, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

Am I worried? Absolutely. It's expensive juice!

To see poor quality from Creed is intolerable.

Lol @ reading the entire pamphlet. I wasn't even going to read the other languages!

It's not fake but Gary Cooper originally wore it and returned it, messing some things up while he had it (just kidding of course).

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry my funny tone isnt coming across very well tonight. If she would just hurry up and be ready to go then i can get off the computer.
    It actually looks really good to me. If you had ever seen a fake Creed box you would know what I meant. If its white under the sprayer then its real. The fakers dont waste their time making anything but 4oz fakes also.
    Creed is constantly changing little things on their boxes and pamphlets and some old French guy probably translated the pamphlet and typed it out with those small mistakes.

- - - Updated - - -

if you want to see what fake bottles are available check this shit out.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/group/perfume/610586_211500983.html
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Tom Ford Oud Fleur, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-

*CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Tom Ford Plum Japonais, Oud Fleur, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

It looks OK to me.

Check the stem by removing the gold sprayer top. Should be white, and how does it spray?
    The spray mechanism on CREED bottles work very well. You get a nice blast, not a fine mist.
    And like others have mentioned, they usually fake the 4oz.
    Looks good though.

Post Thanks / Like

Just for your peace of mind, I have many Creeds and all of the pamphlets I just looked at had at least some typographical errors.....and that includes some that I bought from authorized Creed distributors. Strangely, the typos aren't consistent from cologne to cologne.

For instance, in your photo, the word "abandoned" is spelled with two n's. I have some exactly like that, while others are spelled correctly. And in that same phrase, where it says "The infusion technique, now abandoned by modern industry....," I have several that spell the word "modern" without the "r" (modem). In addition, some have spacing errors, while others don't. I didn't take the time to look at all of them, but clearly, every pamphlet has at least SOME errors.

As heperd said, look for the big things....like the lot numbers matching on the box and bottle, and white plastic under the sprayer. All the words on the back of the box should also be spelled correctly and consistent with all your other Creed boxes.

Looks like yours is just fine...

Its real but its a bottle from 2005.

Post Thanks / Like

It's very Real! Good camera as well.

I have never, ever heard of a counterfeiter making fake one ounce Creeds. You're good to go, from what I can see.
    Current Top Ten:

1. Creed Millesime Imperial
    2. Serge Lutens Chergui
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Creed Virgin Island Water
    5. Chanel Eau de Cologne
    6. Thierry Mugler Pure Havane
    7. Van Cleef & Arpels Pour Homme
    8. Bulgari Blu
    9. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    10. YSL Kouros

Post Thanks / Like

One ounce fakes would be highly unusual.