Code of Conduct

Default Perfume Recommendations to a very dry skin

Hello, all,

I have serveral perfumes, mostly mainstream, (i am new i have not updated the wardrobe)

I will post the durations of some frags on my skin, before they are skin scents.

1 million 2 hours
    A-men i dont like it but my brother has it 3 hours
    ADG- 1 hour
    Euphoria Intense= 45 mins
    Lolita masculin= 1.5 hours
    Millesime imperial = 1.5 hours
    GIT 2 hours
    Aventus 1.5 hours

Most of these are long lasting, but i rarely sweat, even in the sun, and i live in a tropical country (25c to 33c) I just sweat making exercise, and not much.

Have any perfume recommendations or tips for longer duration?

I see some posting That they cant rid of one million even taking a shower, i destry the little beast in 2 hours.

Thanks in advance,

Default Re: Perfume Recommendations to a very dry skin

Perhaps you might apply after using an unscented lotion or moisturizer.

Thanks, i have done a little research, maybe baby unscented mineral oil?

Not sure what skin per se does. I have dry skin too. things that last an especially long time on me are some Estee Lauders (Azuree, White Linen, Private collection, Aramis) and some Patricia de Nicolai (Temps d'une fete, New York). And of course leathers (Knize Ten, Bandit), though I'm not sure about whether you'd like them in 30C.

cacio

+1 Use unscented lotion.
    "No elegance is possible without it...perfume is a part of you." Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel

Basenotes Plus

Would you consider spraying some on clothes' fabric? Just to be sure you're not suffering a bout of olfactory fatigue, have you ever asked other people if they can still smell the fragrance on you?

Quote Originally Posted by alphaone View Post
    Thanks, i have done a little research, maybe baby unscented mineral oil?
    Welcome to Basenotes alphaone!
    I would not recommend using mineral oil. It blocks your pores, not good for you over time. Nut oils are more natural and fine to use-like almond, jojoba, etc. Try layering with a matching lotion, using an unscented lotion and spraying you scent into it as a base before you do your spray application. Also, as Diamondflame mentioned, spraying on clothes can help. That might be the best method in extreme heat, too.
    Sync'in and Think'in in 2015!

Basenotes Institution

Welcome to Basenotes !

You said you live in a tropical country- is it very humid or very dry ?
    I find very humid or very dry weather conditions cut scents' lasting power quite a bit. Very annoying , I know.

Anyhow- +1 for unscented lotion or even Nivea Soft Cream if they sell it in your country. Nivea Soft is very softly scented ( and the scent fades quite quickly after applying the cream ) but I find it a great help for making scents stay around longer.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I like what DiamondFlame has to say here. Get an outside opinion or five on the matter. There are a bunch of scents that 'fall off my radar' but are still readily noticeable to others for hours. Make sure it's not just your nose. I have dry skin like a lizard and I still get hours out of Lolita Lempicka au Masculin. My first answer for your question was -wear older formulations of heavier scents-, but since you live in a hot climate that might hurt your social life. Try your frags in the following ways to see if this helps you...
    * on the pulse points - behind the ears, sides of the neck, center of clavicle, creases of elbows and under wrists
    * shower every other day - natural body oils are stripped by soaps and hot water so your body won't hold a scent as long
    * apply scents 20 minutes or more after cleaning - give your body time to build natural carrier oils. Anything will last longer.
    * if all else fails - move to Paris. So much of it comes from Paris...
    "Strange things are afoot. I am one of them and I am up to another." -*^-'._.'-^*- - S.B.

As has been said unscented body lotion everyday. Shower products, can dry the skin out too so look for PH balanced ones.
    Dry more water(no really).
    DONNA

Here's my honest recommendation and what I think will be most helpful for you:

Stop worrying about it. Your 'dry skin' issue is most likey more inside your head than a reality and thinking about it or going through the procedure of sampling and applying various creams and lotions will only complicate your life and further take the joy out of the hobby.

I mean, you might have dry skin but how much is that really going to affect things in the end?

When I started out I was convinced that I wasn't smelling things because I have dry skin. Turns out that isn't the case at all. My 'new' nose was experiencing olfactory fatigue easily and wasn't developed enough to detect a lot of notes as I went about my day.

A year later, I smell everything fine and fragrances I had previously thought had terrible longevity due to my skin, now seem to have great longevity.

Do you really want to spend your mornings in your hot country applying vaseline to your body and leaving 15 minutes for each morning so you can lotion up, THEN apply a fragrance?

I think it's very unnecessary. Have patience, stop thinking about it so much, and try to enjoy what you have. The hobby becomes intricate enough without introducing the aspect of 'skin care' into it.

Seriously.

I hope this helps.

Thanks to all,

I will check if i have olfatory fatigue, never heard of it, but it seems logical.

If this fails, i will try nivea as Mimi suggests, or apply some cream from every now and then.

Our climate is mostly humid (on northern countries spring and summer we are 25-33C, but in autumn and winter temperatures drop to 14-24C) so basically its very Miami like.

regarding the perfume market here, they sell most brands, not including niche of course, but you can find Hermes, Chanel and the other populars, at 80-100 price tags, even coolwater costs like 75$ 125ml, ADG 95$ 100ml so its a lot expensive than USA when it comes to very mainstream, but when you move to Chanel, Hermes, its basically the same, i bought Terre EDP 100ml on 120$ and edt on 80$

Thanks to all, you are very king, it looks that this forum will be a great experience.

DeepSilence

Maybe you count it as a off-topic; I saw some moisturizers that those had Urea in their structures. Most of them were unscented. Urea creams can keep wetness in your skin more than other moisturizers. And their strength and longevity are better than others. Persons who have very dry and cracked split skins use them.

Spraying on your clothes is good too.

Caron fragrances have acceptable longevity. you can try them too.
    Last edited by DeepSilence; 9th June 2011 at 05:43 PM.

What an incredibly reasonable and common sense approach, Buysblind.

One more thought- I always had problems with dry patches on body skin until I put a chlorine filter on my showerhead.....no more problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    Here's my honest recommendation and what I think will be most helpful for you:

Stop worrying about it. Your 'dry skin' issue is most likey more inside your head than a reality and thinking about it or going through the procedure of sampling and applying various creams and lotions will only complicate your life and further take the joy out of the hobby.

I mean, you might have dry skin but how much is that really going to affect things in the end?

When I started out I was convinced that I wasn't smelling things because I have dry skin. Turns out that isn't the case at all. My 'new' nose was experiencing olfactory fatigue easily and wasn't developed enough to detect a lot of notes as I went about my day.

A year later, I smell everything fine and fragrances I had previously thought had terrible longevity due to my skin, now seem to have great longevity.

Do you really want to spend your mornings in your hot country applying vaseline to your body and leaving 15 minutes for each morning so you can lotion up, THEN apply a fragrance?

I think it's very unnecessary. Have patience, stop thinking about it so much, and try to enjoy what you have. The hobby becomes intricate enough without introducing the aspect of 'skin care' into it.

Seriously.

I hope this helps.
    Sync'in and Think'in in 2015!

I have dry skin as well (probably from showering too often with harsh deodorant soaps, but that's another story). Anyway, my best recommendation is spraying on your clothes. I do this everyday and it definitely lasts much longer. Plus if you really enjoy the topnotes if a fragrance, spraying on clothes will hold onto more of the topnote longer and slow the drydown.

Just be careful not to do it with something that will stain. (most of my scents are clear or light colored, and I usually wear dark shirts, so it usually isn't an issue). Also, if you wear undershirts/tshirts then spray some between them and your outer shirt.

I've never understood why some are against spraying on clothes. (unless they are extremely picky about the drydown changes and stages. I tend to prefer linear scents anyway and topnotes, so no big deal for me). But give it a try.

try Chrome

Use Opium EDP or Tobacco Vanilla, if the don't last on you (ask other people) then you have a problem. But most of the time, as some have stated, the problem is in your nose or your head.

I've been asked for my fragrance long after i couldn't smell it.
    Now, my nose is better trained, i'm able to smell my perfums on myself longer but no one seems to notice, or at least nobody asks me anything. I just don't worry anymore.

And since i don't worry anymore, i enjoy much more my fragrances,and now all of them seem to last longer. Maybe you worry tooo much and you try too much to smell yourself. That's what happened to me.

I always try to buy longlasting parfums (i try them a lot and read about'em a lot), so many people can't be wrong, so i don't worry.

Joop! or Tobacco Vanille should do the trick.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I too suffer from dry skin. I understand your problem quite well. I have been using jojoba oil for the past 6-8 months and I find that fragrances do tend to last much longer on my skin. It actually does work. I have even placed the jojoba oil on my hand, sprayed the fragrance on top, mixed them together and applied to my beck, behind the ears, back of neck and forearms. The scents remain on me 3-4 times longer than without the oil. I highly recommend it for those who suffer from dry skin.

Dependent

i agree what most have said. get yourself a good moisterizing lotion an also a good moisterizing body wash unscented of course
    1. Dior Homme Original
    2. Musc Ravaguer
    3. Portrait of a Lady
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. L Instant Guerlain pour Homme Extreme
    6. New Haarlem
    7. Pure Coffee
    8. Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond
    9. Rose 31
    10. Spiritueuse Double Vanille