Code of Conduct

Default Habit Rouge L'eau

Just purchased this today. Bottle is reminiscent of Legere with a red ring around its neck and a silver label. The juice opens with a strong and lasting neroli note that reminds me of L'instant extreme. There is also an element of that artificial minty-lemon fizz accord of l'eau par Kenzo in the background. The hazelnut I'd definitely there but for those who are expecting nutty, its actually far from. The hazelnut note is actually its raw state, slightly citrusey, woody with a hint of sweetness. The dry down is vanilla and patchouli. Although this version is quite citrus, I find habit rouge sport fresher and surprisingly lighter of the two. When tested, side by side, I can actually smell the bamboo in sport, something I could never do before strangely. I think Habit Rouge L'eau will appeal to those who find the original too heavy and oriental for their liking. I prefer sport to this latest version only because Sport is something quite different.
    In closing, I must say I love this version and will be wearing this in warmer weather. It will make an excellent summer fragrance. Well done Guerlain.
    Last edited by sumandre; 28th November 2011 at 12:03 PM.

Default Re: Habit Rouge L'eau

Also have this and agree with your assessment. Like all versions of this fragrance.

Basenotes Institution

Did you buy this directly from the Guerlain boutique?
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by sumandre View Post
    Just purchased this today. Bottle is reminiscent of Legere with a red ring around its neck and a silver label. The juice opens with a strong and lasting neroli note that reminds me of L'instant extreme. There is also an element of that artificial minty-lemon fizz accord of l'eau par Kenzo in the background. The hazelnut I'd definitely there but for those who are expecting nutty, its actually far from. The hazelnut note is actually its raw state, slightly citrusey, woody with a hint of sweetness. The dry down is vanilla and patchouli. Although this version is quite citrus, I find habit rouge sport fresher and surprisingly lighter of the two. When tested, side by side, I can actually smell the bamboo in sport, something I could never do before strangely. I think Habit Rouge L'eau will appeal to those who find the original too heavy and oriental for their liking. I prefer sport to this latest version only because Sport is something quite different.
    In closing, I must say I love this version and will be wearing this in warmer weather. It will make an excellent summer fragrance. Well done Guerlain.
    If you have smelled HR Legere how does L'eau compare to it? I know when this was announced people were saying just bring Legere back.

Yes, I got it from Paris. HR legere was basically the original with a enhanced fizzy-lemon topnote. The rest of the composition as I recall was similar to the edc. With L'eau, there is no leather , with the spice and amber accord muted. The heart is a powdery floral mainly comprised of Jasmine over a base of vanilla, patchouli and a touch of white musk.

I find it hard to believe anyone would find HR too heavy....Although I know different frags perform differently on different skin...On my skin, HR EdT is bordering too light as it is...although I love it....
    "Music Is My Mistress, and She Plays Second Fiddle To No One"-Ellington

I've had this one for a few months and initially felt it was a bit weak (I rushed to judgment). After several wearings over time, Habit Rouge L'Eau has shown itself to have acceptable longevity in the 4 hour range. Now, I really like this one. It is very refreshing...more of a separate fragrance than a flanker. I wonder why HR L'Eau is not being marketed in the USA? Well done Thierry Wasser!

Martin

Do any of you guys know where i can buy this aside from guerlain or sephora france? I have a sample of this and i love it. Unfortunately, it is very hard to find a shop that carry this and do international shipping.

Its nice to get a take on this one

...it is nothing but a thin rehash of the original; it really adds nothing of interest to it! Forget these transparent attempts to make an extra buck; it isn't worth the money!

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by be-bop View Post
    I find it hard to believe anyone would find HR too heavy....Although I know different frags perform differently on different skin...On my skin, HR EdT is bordering too light as it is...although I love it....
    HR is one of those fragrances that it's easy to misjudge how much projection and sillage it puts out. It is very strong and easy to smell this on someone wearing it, sometimes I think when I wear it I fatigue my nose and I don't really smell it that strongly but it is clearly perceptible by others around me. This goes from the Eau de Cologne all the way up thru the Parfum/Extrait. In fact some of the formualtions (like the disco'd Light and the EdP) are a bit too strong. The only one that I think is very light, is the disco'd Habit Rouge Dry.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

I find it as strong as the original, just different. I find it more masculine, the powdery notes are definitely toned down. It's pretty animalic on me, I don't like it.

I tried it recently and I prefer it to the original HR. It opens very similar to HR Sport but it dries down the HR familiar way, with no detectable leather. It is somehow a twin scent to Shalimar Initiale L'Eau
    Ŕ l'air libre les oiseaux ont eux aussi le vertige (camille)