Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bvlgari Black

Default Re: Bvlgari Black

Well, Bvlgari Black was meant to be unisex, but women down here in Australia shunned it for the most part. We had some posts here at the time about how it had briefly become the power woman's scent.

My wife thinks it a tad on the masculine side, but has worn it twice in the last eight years. I've worn it a couple of times in the last 11 years, and think it a tad feminine, so I had dumped it in my wife's drawer.

Which makes it a Blind-Buy-Only-If-Going-Cheap kind of scent. It's still often on going cheaply down here.

I think the rubber puck bottle, coupled with that rubber-like smelling tea make people automatically think "rubber" in the opening. Annick Goutal's Duel is another tea-that-smells-like-rubber scent.
    Regards,
    Renato

Just to add when I bought my bottle(the old style sprayer about 5 or 6 years ago), the sa said quite a few women had been buying it for themselves.
    DONNA
    Currently wearing: 28 La Pausa by Chanel

This was also on my to blind buy list. Unlike most fragrances, this one never made it.

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    Smells like you walked into a Michelin tire store and accidentally dropped a glass vial of vanilla extract on the ground. It's nice.
    LOL ! Great picture!. You made my day 'warmer' !...

For me Bvlgari Black was love at first 'sniff' although I also wouldn't recommend a blind buying...
    "I love fragrances because they provide a sheer endless variety: there is a scent for every occasion, mood or feeling. Standing before my collection in the morning matching a perfume to my needs is one of the most enjoyable things in my day"...I don't want to miss that...

Current Top 15 Summer: | Tom Ford Grey Vetiver | Shiseido Basala |
    Dior Eau Sauvage Extreme | Chanel Bleu | Guerlain Homme Intense | Armani Emporio Lui | Cartier Pasha | Guerlain Homme L'Eau Boisee | D&G Light Blue PH | Givenchy PH Blue Label | C.Herrera 212 Men | T.Mugler Ice*Men | Bvlgari Aqva PH | Kiton Black | Bvlgari PH Soir |

I would not recommend blind buying this one at all.

I detest the fragrance.

It's certainly a unique fragrance, and loved by many. Mini's are not very expensive, so I would say it's well worth the risk of dropping a few dollars, if only to say that you've smelled it. It's rich and thick, and I like it quite a bit, and purchased a bottle for myself, but the tire store smell that you get in the opening is undeniable.

I mean, they even put rubber around the bottle, you know ?

Great scent!

I think it's a great scent. Should be a safe buy.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed