Code of Conduct
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
Results 331 to 360 of 552
  1. #331

    Default Re: Men's GIVEAWAY thread- NO REQUESTS ALLOWED! Revised 1/29/13

    UK only, I'm afraid, thanks to the good old Royal Mail!

    To be given away as a package of three original samples -


    • CDG Wonderwood 2ml - sprayed once
    • CDG Amazingreen 2ml - unused
    • CDG Man 2 2ml - unused


    Enjoy!

    **Awarded to martinijo ** @ 1945 15/2/13.
    Last edited by Unifex; 16th February 2013 at 06:48 PM. Reason: update

  2. #332

    Default Re: Men's GIVEAWAY thread- NO REQUESTS ALLOWED! Revised 1/29/13

    Damn !!!

  3. #333
    Dependent martinijo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,553

    Default Re: Men's GIVEAWAY thread- NO REQUESTS ALLOWED! Revised 1/29/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Unifex View Post
    UK only, I'm afraid, thanks to the good old Royal Mail!

    To be given away as a package of three original samples -


    • CDG Wonderwood 2ml - sprayed once
    • CDG Amazingreen 2ml - unused
    • CDG Man 2 2ml - unused


    Enjoy!

    **Awarded to martinijo ** @ 1945 15/2/13.
    Very much obliged Unifex.
    I will definitely be putting some stuff up for grabs for UK Bner's shortly. Just need to lay my hands on some sample bottles..

  4. #334
    Basenotes Junkie FullCollapse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Dallas, Tx.
    Posts
    692

    Default Re: Men's GIVEAWAY thread- NO REQUESTS ALLOWED! Revised 1/29/13

    Just wanted to sing the praises of FISS80 for his incredible generosity. He, among others(yuyu15), really brings the spirit of giving to this thread. Thanks again FISS80!

  5. #335
    CologneFan85
    Guest

    Default Re: Men's GIVEAWAY thread- NO REQUESTS ALLOWED! Revised 1/29/13

    I will be giving another sample back again starting next Monday.

  6. #336
    Basenotes Member WoodyBR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro
    Posts
    22

    Default Re: Men's GIVEAWAY thread- NO REQUESTS ALLOWED! Revised 1/29/13

    Quote Originally Posted by FullCollapse View Post
    Just wanted to sing the praises of FISS80 for his incredible generosity. He, among others(yuyu15), really brings the spirit of giving to this thread. Thanks again FISS80!
    And we can't forget about Lisa (@SaNielsen) who's always posting a new fragrance pack.

    And also thanks to those who specify if the offer is CONUS/UK/etc so I don't rush for nothing everytime I get a notification

  7. #337
    Basenotes Junkie FullCollapse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Dallas, Tx.
    Posts
    692

    Default Re: Men's GIVEAWAY thread- NO REQUESTS ALLOWED! Revised 1/29/13

    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyBR View Post
    And we can't forget about Lisa (@SaNielsen) who's always posting a new fragrance pack.

    And also thanks to those who specify if the offer is CONUS/UK/etc so I don't rush for nothing everytime I get a notification
    How could I forget about Lisa!?!?! She was the first person I received samples from. Thank you to anyone and everyone who participates on this forum.

  8. #338
    Basenotes Plus
    juanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    1,319

    Default Re: Men's GIVEAWAY thread- NO REQUESTS ALLOWED! Revised 1/29/13

    Lisa is wonderful. She was my first experience with the community. I must admit I was a bit nervous about sharing personal information after just a week (it might have been more, but I was brand-spanking new), but the whole interaction was top-notch, and I even made out with two more samples than the one I had expressed interest in.

    Big kudos to her (again)!
    Currently wearing: Red Vetyver by Montale

  9. #339
    CologneFan85
    Guest

    Default Re: Men's GIVEAWAY thread- NO REQUESTS ALLOWED! Revised 1/29/13

    Anyone having slow postal service? Ive sent a few sample packs out last week and nobody has been getting them? I wonder if my post office has caught on to sending colognes...?

  10. #340
    Dependent southerngardens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Evans, Georgia
    Posts
    1,454
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Men's GIVEAWAY thread- NO REQUESTS ALLOWED! Revised 1/29/13

    Quote Originally Posted by CologneFan85 View Post
    Anyone having slow postal service? Ive sent a few sample packs out last week and nobody has been getting them? I wonder if my post office has caught on to sending colognes...?
    I haven't. I think they would send your packages back to you if they did, wouldn't they?

    southerngardens
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!
    Currently wearing: No. 5 by Chanel

  11. #341
    CologneFan85
    Guest

    Default Re: Men's GIVEAWAY thread- NO REQUESTS ALLOWED! Revised 1/29/13

    Quote Originally Posted by southerngardens View Post
    I haven't. I think they would send your packages back to you if they did, wouldn't they?

    southerngardens
    Maybe, but to them it would be in violation. All I know is nobody has been getting the samples I sent. " sorry guys i have no clue why!" I sent some out the 12th and 13th.

  12. #342
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: Men's GIVEAWAY thread- NO REQUESTS ALLOWED! Revised 1/29/13

    Quote Originally Posted by CologneFan85 View Post
    Anyone having slow postal service? Ive sent a few sample packs out last week and nobody has been getting them? I wonder if my post office has caught on to sending colognes...?
    Mail will stop being delivered on Sat in Aug.

  13. #343
    Dependent martinijo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,553

    Default Re: Men's GIVEAWAY thread- NO REQUESTS ALLOWED! Revised 1/29/13

    Quote Originally Posted by southerngardens View Post
    I haven't. I think they would send your packages back to you if they did, wouldn't they?

    southerngardens

    Or they are being destroyed by people in chemical warfare suits.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by martinijo View Post
    Very much obliged Unifex.
    I will definitely be putting some stuff up for grabs for UK Bner's shortly. Just need to lay my hands on some sample bottles..

    Just arrived in the post.
    Thanks a lot.

  14. #344

    Default Re: Men's GIVEAWAY thread- NO REQUESTS ALLOWED! Revised 1/29/13

    Just got mine from del.

    thanks so much!!!

  15. #345

    Default Re: Men's GIVEAWAY thread- NO REQUESTS ALLOWED! Revised 1/29/13

    UK only again...*harrumphs*

    1 supplicant per sample.

    Lubin Idole EDT 2ml original manufacturer's sample

    Parfum de Nicolai Baladin EDT 1ml STC decant

    There is a chance that I may not get to post these before Monday 25th Feb.

    ** Idole claimed by Mervin ** @ 2237 GMT 20/2/13
    ** Baladin claimed by Hellscent ** @ 0635 GMT 21/2/13
    Last edited by Unifex; 21st February 2013 at 06:20 AM. Reason: Claimed

  16. #346
    Dependent del's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Currently in Manila, Phil.
    Posts
    6,929
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Men's GIVEAWAY thread- NO REQUESTS ALLOWED! Revised 1/29/13

    Quote Originally Posted by ChillyPenguin View Post
    Just got mine from del.

    thanks so much!!!
    You're welcome! I'm glad the package arrived promptly. Enjoy the samples!


    3097
    Currently wearing: Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

  17. #347

    Default Re: Men's GIVEAWAY thread- NO REQUESTS ALLOWED! Revised 1/29/13

    Wow, reading about all of these amazing giveaways, I might have to move to the UK.

  18. #348
    Basenotes Junkie Skyline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    524

    Default Re: Men's GIVEAWAY thread- NO REQUESTS ALLOWED! Revised 1/29/13

    No Canadian Giveaways? I might host some in the future for Canada and US (If no Canadians want anything)

  19. #349
    Dependent del's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Currently in Manila, Phil.
    Posts
    6,929
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Men's GIVEAWAY thread- NO REQUESTS ALLOWED! Revised 1/29/13

    Quote Originally Posted by juanderer View Post
    typo?
    Nope. :P It's just my actual post count, but it doesn't match with the database record.

    . . . . . .

    I'll be giving away another package next week .... contains some decanted frags that I brought here to Disney World, so if anyone is interested, watch out for my SotD post here until Feb. 23. ;-)


    4003
    Last edited by del; 22nd February 2013 at 04:05 AM. Reason: typo: changed "bought" to "brought"
    Currently wearing: Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

  20. #350

    Default Re: Men's GIVEAWAY thread- NO REQUESTS ALLOWED! Revised 1/29/13

    Disney World has fragrances?

  21. #351

    Default Re: Men's GIVEAWAY thread- NO REQUESTS ALLOWED! Revised 1/29/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    No Canadian Giveaways? I might host some in the future for Canada and US (If no Canadians want anything)
    There have been several just look back a few pages.
    If 2 vegans argue is it still called a beef?
    Currently wearing: Lui by Mazzolari

  22. #352
    Super Member SaNielsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    405

    Default Re: Men's GIVEAWAY thread- NO REQUESTS ALLOWED! Revised 1/29/13

    ALL SPOTS TAKEN

    sample decants from my wardrobe going to:
    1. daverasi
    2. timmy-j
    3. juanderer
    4. TeenFragGent
    5. adam94

    Peace today, Lisa
    Last edited by SaNielsen; 24th February 2013 at 04:57 PM. Reason: offering now closed

  23. #353
    Basenotes Member WoodyBR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro
    Posts
    22

    Default Re: Men's GIVEAWAY thread- NO REQUESTS ALLOWED! Revised 1/29/13

    Whyyyyy?? haha
    jk, thanks for your generosity, as always

  24. #354
    Dependent bigsteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisc.
    Posts
    1,751

    Default Re: Men's GIVEAWAY thread- NO REQUESTS ALLOWED! Revised 1/29/13

    Seems we got some people here on BN, and in this thread in particular, who never learned the concepts of sharing, or fairness.
    Some of the same people are on here grabbing the relatively few samples that are offered.
    During Nov-Dec I sent out samples (usually 2 or 3 different ones) to 9 people, using this thread.
    I am quite surprised to read some of the more recent posts and see that 4 of the 9 guys I sent samples to are on here snapping up more... while never themselves offering up anything.
    Look guys.... this thread hasn't exactly been bustling with activity of people offering free samples. They are quite few and far between. So don't you think the right thing to do, if you have already received samples from me or someone else, would be to let some new people have a crack at something here? Or at least offer up some freebies yourself???
    Just being a repeat "taker" is not cool, especially when what is available to take is limited.
    There. I'm done venting. And hopefully folks will take what I've said to heart.
    Last edited by bigsteve; 25th February 2013 at 09:47 PM.
    ----- People laugh at me because I'm different.... I laugh at them because they're all the same -----

  25. #355
    Dependent
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    3,700

    Default Re: Men's GIVEAWAY thread- NO REQUESTS ALLOWED! Revised 1/29/13

    What about requiring giversaway that they list the user, and have a rule that you can only receive a giveaway once every 3 months or something.

  26. #356
    CologneFan85
    Guest

    Default Re: Men's GIVEAWAY thread- NO REQUESTS ALLOWED! Revised 1/29/13

    Im seeing quite a few of the some too.

  27. #357
    Dependent Akahina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    3,711

    Default Re: Men's GIVEAWAY thread- NO REQUESTS ALLOWED! Revised 1/29/13

    Limit takers like sellers are qualified. 500 posts or more or a basenotes plus member. I was going to give away a couple of decants but have noticed the same thing so I am out.
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Masque Milano Russian Tea


    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

  28. #358
    Basenotes Junkie FullCollapse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Dallas, Tx.
    Posts
    692

    Default Re: Men's GIVEAWAY thread- NO REQUESTS ALLOWED! Revised 1/29/13

    Quote Originally Posted by bigsteve View Post
    Seems we got some people here on BN, and in this thread in particular, who never learned the concepts of sharing, or fairness.
    Some of the same people are on here grabbing the relatively few samples that are offered.
    During Nov-Dec I sent out samples (usually 2 or 3 different ones) to 9 people, using this thread.
    I am quite surprised to read some of the more recent posts and see that 4 of the 9 guys I sent samples to are on here snapping up more... while never themselves offering up anything.
    Look guys.... this thread hasn't exactly been bustling with activity of people offering free samples. They are quite few and far between. So don't you think the right thing to do, if you have already received samples from me or someone else, would be to let some new people have a crack at something here? Or at least offer up some freebies yourself???
    Just being a repeat "taker" is not cool, especially when what is available to take is limited.
    There. I'm done venting. And hopefully folks will take what I've said to heart.
    And whats even more annoying is seeing people get a free bottle of something and then putting that bottle on their swap/sale thread. When FISS80 was so generous and gave away over a $1000 worth of frags, I saw one of the recipients(I have given this same person a free bottle AND a sample package) immediately had it on their thread trying to get the most from it(it was a very pricey bottle). If they didnt like what they received they should have put it back on this thread instead for someone else to try.

    Ill admit I have received several freebies from this thread, but I have also offered multiple items as well and not just samples. Not trying to glorify myself by saying that, I just feel if you are going to receive then you should be willing to give as well. Im glad you brought this up BigSteve because I feel the same way as you do about this. I have a feeling that this topic will be the downfall of this thread though. There are always the few who ruin it for the many. Spock said it best "The needs of the many out way the needs of the few, or the one." STOP BEING SO GREEDY

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBars View Post
    What about requiring giversaway that they list the user, and have a rule that you can only receive a giveaway once every 3 months or something.
    This is already the rule. If you give something away you are supposed to list who you gave it away to in the original posted offer.

  29. #359

    Default Re: Men's GIVEAWAY thread- NO REQUESTS ALLOWED! Revised 1/29/13

    US Only. I want to try shipping to the states before I put up some frags for sale so I'm offering a official sample set from Huitième Art for one person. The sample set includes the following: Vohina, Naiviris, Myrrhiad, Manguier Metisse, Fareb, Ciel d`Airain, Aube Pashmina, Ambre Ceruleen. They are all 2ml vials with 1-2 sprays missing each.

    Claimed by NYCBoomBoom.

    *Because this is my first time trying to ship internationally so I will not hold responsible for lost or damage package. However, I really want to know if it arrives so please tell me when you receive it. Thank you
    Last edited by sagat1003; 26th February 2013 at 03:45 AM. Reason: Add info.

  30. #360
    Lifelong Sniffaholic
    30 Roses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    12,017
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Men's GIVEAWAY thread- NO REQUESTS ALLOWED! Revised 1/29/13

    I have one (new) Bond No. 9 New York Oud sample size bon bon to give away to anyone in the USA.
    You can do whatever you like with it-- wear it, trade it, pour it on your pancakes if you like -- if I give it to you, it is yours, period.

    First to PM me with your address (if I don't already have it) gets it. I will post the name of the recipient here. Also listed it on the ladies' forum thread.

    edit: Claimed by pkiler.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 2nd March 2013 at 12:12 PM.



Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. DustB and Aromi's blind sample swap thread.
    By AromiErotici in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 6th September 2010, 05:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000